Quote Originally Posted by Jaimecbr900
Then why is the religion called SATANism if it's not about SATAN? Start there.
well as i stated before self worship would be the opposite of what christianity is and also it also deals w/ what they believe satan stands for.
I have backed it up, just not to your liking. I've gave you plenty of my "sources" yet you keep falling over backwards saying I haven't. I type very well and don't understand why you can't see it. How much more backup do you want? I told you already I have first hand knowledge of what Satanists believe, think, and their basic ideology. I have also read in several different places about Satanism. I know it has 4 books. I know that it has 19 rules or something to a language of the Devil. I know that it discusses their views on sex, magic, spells, rituals, human sacrifices, and even who God is to them. It even discusses their ideas of the afterlife or lack thereof.
ok then why is it wrong, no BS answer like ITS COMMON SENSE, give me proof that you know what your talking about. Since you have first hand knowledge you should know about them, Right? Then why do you think they worship satan if i have already clearly proved you wrong?

I get what it says. Like I said, I've read enough pieces of it to form a pretty good picture of what it's about. I don't have to, nor want to, read every word to every sentence in that blasphemous book to understand what it's about. It is a direct refutation of the Bible. It even uses passages or ideas from the Bible in it's blasphemous banter. So if you think that I don't "know" anything about what Satan, Satanism, and their "bible" is all about.....you're sadly mistaken my friend. Sadly.
by your own admission you have not read it nor can you give an accurate account of what is in it. if you did this topic would be about the actual text and not your personal opinion of what you think it is about.

Actually in the essay from Mr. Smulo, it does prove by a big amount of documented evidence that not only did Lavey do those things, but when confronted by those accusations neither he nor the "church" try to refute the info. Again, they simply dismissed it by saying, "all that is said by jealous people" not "it's not true and here is why".
i do not know what you speak of so obviously i can't really comment, but if that was the statement you can take this many ways... you just as many christians would try to discredit a man who is your enemy people have agendas other than truth so take everything w/ a grain of salt.

i think the point your missing is you are trying to compare this as a religion to the bible discussions we have in here.... you can't do that. this is a religion knownly written by a man... its not like he said the devil spoke to him and gave him these ideas, which is basically what the bible is. you come off very close minded in this topic jaime; you should use this to strengthen your own faith so you can educate others.