Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 5.0Mike vs ported pullied cobra

Again.... All it would take is a gt35 and a rom tune and some injectors with a little bit of weight loss to get 500-600whp without spending 5k. No need to go into the internals or order kits or what not. In 2003 parts weren't so cheap for cobras either. A 2003 cobra vs a 2003 evo stock for stock on the track the evo would win. Yeah the cobra has more power but weigh way more then the evo. The balance of power to weight is much greater in the evo then with the mustang. The evo started off at 28k other options could be added. The cobra is around 34-36k so again if our budget was to build a race car in 2003 and all we had was 40k I would come out on top with the evo.

I just posted a video of a evo vs a 2004 cobra with almost the same power and the cobra didn't even come close. He out at least 4 cars on him.

Sent from my mind
    <3 Catnipples

Quote Originally Posted by E36slide View Post
    Again.... All it would take is a gt35 and a rom tune and some injectors with a little bit of weight loss to get 500-600whp without spending 5k. No need to go into the internals or order kits or what not. In 2003 parts weren't so cheap for cobras either. A 2003 cobra vs a 2003 evo stock for stock on the track the evo would win. Yeah the cobra has more power but weigh way more then the evo. The balance of power to weight is much greater in the evo then with the mustang. The evo started off at 28k other options could be added. The cobra is around 34-36k so again if our budget was to build a race car in 2003 and all we had was 40k I would come out on top with the evo.

I just posted a video of a evo vs a 2004 cobra with almost the same power and the cobra didn't even come close. He out at least 4 cars on him.

Sent from my mind
    Do you realize that the Cobra platform was already well developed back then? Porting the stock blower made great power, and most of the Cobra were in the 10's easily - all the way back then. You didn't see the Evo's in the 10's on a regular basis, and you don't even see a lot of them in the 10's now. If you change the blower on the Cobra, or switch it to turbo, you can go much, much faster.

I can post videos all day also. Here is an 8 second street legal Terminator. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GczOoZHKZ6U
    It takes a Buschur or AMS race car to do an 8 second Evo 8.

Now, here is a question. Since you have all of them fast Evo's, where are they when there are big money races? I never see them at any Outlaw events. Is a $10K race not enough money for them to come out? Can they be built to run 4.4@187 like a Mustang - in the 1/8th? This is a local guy 9and no, nothing is stock - nothing). SGMP Lights Out ll Redemption Drag Radial DVD Highlights - YouTube

Don't get me wrong though. Evo 8's (or any other car) that goes that quick is very fast. It's just easier to build a car to go fast that has a huge amount of support and parts available on the cheap. It's also easier to start out with more displacement.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    Do you realize that the Cobra platform was already well developed back then? Porting the stock blower made great power, and most of the Cobra were in the 10's easily - all the way back then. You didn't see the Evo's in the 10's on a regular basis, and you don't even see a lot of them in the 10's now. If you change the blower on the Cobra, or switch it to turbo, you can go much, much faster.

I can post videos all day also. Here is an 8 second street legal Terminator. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GczOoZHKZ6U

Now, here is a question. Since you have all of them fast Evo's, where are they when there are big money races? I never see them at any Outlaw events. Is a $10K race not enough money for them to come out? Can they be built to run 4.4@187 like a Mustang - in the 1/8th? This is a local guy 9and no, nothing is stock - nothing). SGMP Lights Out ll Redemption Drag Radial DVD Highlights - YouTube

Don't get me wrong though. Evo 8's (or any other car) that goes that quick is very fast. It's just easier to build a car to go fast that has a huge amount of support and parts available on the cheap. It's also easier to start out with more displacement.
    You aren't going to convince him. He's just dumb.

You want to talk about a 4g63 drag platform that was well developed in 03 then you talk dsm. Evo's have a problem with high hp because they dont have an tranny that can handle it. Dsm's have the same problem with the manuals, thats why you do an auto swap. Exactly why why buschur is currently working on one for the evo.

sent from my note 2 using tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ed1380 View Post
    You want to talk about a 4g63 drag platform that was well developed in 03 then you talk dsm. Evo's have a problem with high hp because they dont have an tranny that can handle it. Dsm's have the same problem with the manuals, thats why you do an auto swap. Exactly why why buschur is currently working on one for the evo.

Old Mustangs (foxbodys like mine) have a similar issue. The T-5 is weak, and breaks if you launch too hard. Swapping to an auto is pretty common once you increase the hp. The C4 is the cheapest swap on the 302's.

I believe you missing the point.

Sin fix said... Find a car in 2003 for under 40k and you have only 5 k to mod it. He choose the cobra of course...so if this was 2003 and I wanted to be competitive with the 2003 cobra I would buy an evo8 for around 8k less then the cobra. Both are almost equal in power stock for stock. What I was saying is could mod a evo to be faster then the cobra only spending 5k. Not much you can do to a cobra that hasn't already been done already. The evo is a awd turbo platform not a sc like the cobra. Giving all I would have to do is buy a gt35, tune, bigger injectors, dp, exhaust, ware gate and bov and I could easily hit 500-600 whp without cracking open the block. You may be able to reach the same power levels with the cobra with 5k but it will always weigh a lot more. You would need 700whp could you do that with 5k in 2003? Probably not unless your giving bj's for free parts. I'm showing you why I think mustangs in general are over priced. Giving they have all this power but what's power when your fat as fuck and can barley move eh?

And to answer the question about all the high dollar races...

Drag racing is more of an older crowed am I correct ? Most people who for real drag race are back yard country boys who only have known muscle cars. It's not that a evo can't reach 7-8's lap times its just know one of our generation wants to dump the money to take a crack at it. I see plenty of eg hatch Hondas running those times though... Those guys made a 4cyl run 8's....you made a v8 runs 8's who accomplished more here ?

Sent from my mind
    <3 Catnipples

Quote Originally Posted by SmackedInATL View Post
    No homie y'all are missing me and sin fix's argument all together. We're not talking about now. The challenge was for 2003... He bought a brand new 2003 cobra I bought a brand new evo 8....which one will preform better after 5 k in dumped into it?

Am I typing to fast or are you just reading slow?

Sent from my mind
    <3 Catnipples

I believe you missing the point.

Sin fix said... Find a car in 2003 for under 40k and you have only 5 k to mod it. He choose the cobra of course...so if this was 2003 and I wanted to be competitive with the 2003 cobra I would buy an evo8 for around 8k less then the cobra. Both are almost equal in power stock for stock. What I was saying is could mod a evo to be faster then the cobra only spending 5k. Not much you can do to a cobra that hasn't already been done already. The evo is a awd turbo platform not a sc like the cobra. Giving all I would have to do is buy a gt35, tune, bigger injectors, dp, exhaust, ware gate and bov and I could easily hit 500-600 whp without cracking open the block. You may be able to reach the same power levels with the cobra with 5k but it will always weigh a lot more. You would need 700whp could you do that with 5k in 2003? Probably not unless your giving bj's for free parts. I'm showing you why I think mustangs in general are over priced. Giving they have all this power but what's power when your fat as fuck and can barley move eh?

And to answer the question about all the high dollar races...

Drag racing is more of an older crowed am I correct ? Most people who for real drag race are back yard country boys who only have known muscle cars. It's not that a evo can't reach 7-8's lap times its just know one of our generation wants to dump the money to take a crack at it. I see plenty of eg hatch Hondas running those times though... Those guys made a 4cyl run 8's....you made a v8 runs 8's who accomplished more here ?

Sent from my mind
    You do realize that you can do the same turbo upgrades to a Cobra, don't you? You can make more than 700 on blower or turbo easily - and could do it fairly cheaply in 03.

Street legal Cobras run 8s. Race Evos barely keep up. Big difference.

When you get your 500rwhp S13 together, let me know, and ill show you how a heavier car with less hp can still beat you in the 1/4.

You do realize that you can do the same turbo upgrades to a Cobra, don't you? You can make more than 700 on blower or turbo easily - and could do it fairly cheaply in 03.

Street legal Cobras run 8s. Race Evos barely keep up. Big difference.

When you get your 500rwhp S13 together, let me know, and ill show you how a heavier car with less hp can still beat you in the 1/4.
    You couldn't obtain 700whp in a cobra with just 5k. You would need some internal work if you went boost. Head work would be a must as well. A evo was built with boost in mind. I could simply turn up the boost out run you and throw a rod out the block just to prove a point. To switch from sc to turbo would cost a lot more then 5k. Blowers also have there limitations unlike turbos.

Again 5k in a evo will beat 5k into a cobra stock for stock $vs$. The only way you would be victorious is if you lost a lot of weight a the evo could too. Either way...evo wins. In 2003 if you were to pull up to me in your new 03 cobra and I was In my brand new evo which would win red light to red light ? Giving both drivers at almost equal in driving skill.

I've seen so many stock cobras get there ass dragged on the high way. I used to be big into street racing back when the car meets were at the park and ride And behind the bp. Mustangs would come in there talking so much trash and then get drugged by a k swapped hatch...so much for all that displacement lolol

Sent from my mind
    <3 Catnipples

You couldn't obtain 700whp in a cobra with just 5k. You would need some internal work if you went boost. Head work would be a must as well. A evo was built with boost in mind. I could simply turn up the boost out run you and throw a rod out the block just to prove a point. To switch from sc to turbo would cost a lot more then 5k. Blowers also have there limitations unlike turbos.

Again 5k in a evo will beat 5k into a cobra stock for stock $vs$. The only way you would be victorious is if you lost a lot of weight a the evo could too. Either way...evo wins. In 2003 if you were to pull up to me in your new 03 cobra and I was In my brand new evo which would win red light to red light ? Giving both drivers at almost equal in driving skill.

I've seen so many stock cobras get there ass dragged on the high way. I used to be big into street racing back when the car meets were at the park and ride And behind the bp. Mustangs would come in there talking so much trash and then get drugged by a k swapped hatch...so much for all that displacement lolol

Sent from my mind
    You aren't even worth replying to.

You aren't even worth replying to.
    Guy you haven't even offered any insight what so ever. Stop hunching the leg of the mustang and provide factual information. I'm sorry your butt hurt about me bashing the mustang but it will be ok man.

I have provided some pretty good valid points. I was offered a task to provide a car thAt would could compete with the 2003 cobra in 2003. I choose the evo... Which is a pretty good car to have compared to the cobra (performance wise) now can we actually know rather or not the evo or the cobra would win after 5k being put into the motor..no. It's more of an opinionated argument.

Sent from my mind
    <3 Catnipples

Do you think 03 Cobras came with cast or forged internals?

Sent from my mind
    You don't seem to understand that both blowers and turbos create positive manifold pressure. No internals need to be performed on the Cobra, and heads are fine as they are.
    There are turbo kits for Cobras right now, as well as supercharger upgrades. Tune on e85 and you can make a lot of power with just new injectors and a tune. I know of several local ones right now.
    There is even a local Cobra making 980rwhp on stock bottom end right now.

You don't seem to understand that both blowers and turbos create positive manifold pressure. No internals need to be performed on the Cobra, and heads are fine as they are.
    There are turbo kits for Cobras right now, as well as supercharger upgrades. Tune on e85 and you can make a lot of power with just new injectors and a tune. I know of several local ones right now.
    There is even a local Cobra making 980rwhp on stock bottom end right now.
    I'm not saying its not possible now. I'm talking about in 2003.

Sent from my mind
    <3 Catnipples

I'm not saying its not possible now. I'm talking about in 2003.

Sent from my mind
    Plenty of cobras made 700+ on the cheap back then.

The stock rods are only good for low to mid 500's. They weren't making 700's will less than 5k

The stock rods are only good for low to mid 500's. They weren't making 700's will less than 5k
    Termi rods are fine at 700. The stock rod bolts start to get questionable at 700. There are tons of Cobras running between 650-700 safely. Its the stock bottom end 302s from the foxbodys that are more limited around low to mid 500s. They are completely different motors.

ARP 2000 rod bolts are a cheap and easy upgrade to the Termis.

The weakness on the foxbodys is the block itself - internals hold up longer than the block.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Ive sat here for 10 minutes face palming thinking of what to say to this kid.... it really is a waste of time. For someone so inexperienced, he spouts off accusations as if theyre concrete facts with shameless confidence, even though 90% of everything he says is utterly ridiculous nonsense. It really is pointless to debate with him. He "knows" what he "knows" and isnt interested in seeking the truth.

DSM people in general are pretty big elitist when it comes to drag racing. It's somewhat fair... because mitsu does have some kingpins in motorsport.... but here's where it annoys me.... probably for the last decade everybody with an eclipse has been proclaiming the greatness of DSMs when it was mostly just 1 guy...... it wasnt like eclipses were ruling the street.... most eclipses on the street/strip were shit boxes. But because of 1 guy that was running amazing times it energized the entire DSM community... even though 1% of them were running noteworthy ETs.....

Mustangs on the other hand....... the weekend the 03 Cobra came out there were 50 of them at the local track with dealer stickers still in the windows running 10s. They were like locusts.... roaming around eating everything in sight.... then as soon as the Kennebells started rolling out it was game over.... shit just got ridiculous

656rwhp on my old '03 without blinking an eye. Stock exhaust manifolds and 100% stock motor. The Manley rods were just fine.

2013 GT500
    1989 Mustang 5.0

Yea we don't have that great of an active community. We're too busy fixing what's broken
    I didn't even know it was an eclipse in FnF when I got my first one. It was just a cheap car that I rebuilt the motor with my pops and learned to drive a manual. Later on I found out about the AWD and turbo options.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Catnip's Avatar

And trend continues.

New 5.0 (That's a G fucking T, not a shelby/cobra, just a naturally aspirated 302), slicks and skinnies, and tune = 11.95.

Can't fuck with it.
    '92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel | '96 240sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Ive sat here for 10 minutes face palming thinking of what to say to this kid.... it really is a waste of time. For someone so inexperienced, he spouts off accusations as if theyre concrete facts with shameless confidence, even though 90% of everything he says is utterly ridiculous nonsense. It really is pointless to debate with him. He "knows" what he "knows" and isnt interested in seeking the truth.

I wouldn't question him much more, he does get his concrete facts from the elite of elite news source ....YNN.. Youtube News Network. lol

No dude I found a car that will out due the 03 cobra just as you asked. A 2003 evo is superior in performance to a 2003 cobra. Maybe not now but in 2003 it was maybe you should have picked a better year for the mustang.

Sent from my mind
    <3 Catnipples

Quote Originally Posted by Catnip View Post
    And trend continues.

New 5.0 (That's a G fucking T, not a shelby/cobra, just a naturally aspirated 302), slicks and skinnies, and tune = 11.95.

Can't fuck with it.
    It only took getting beat by 190whp cars for them to creat a car worthy of buying. In my Mind it will still be a over priced piece of shit.

Sent from my mind
    <3 Catnipples

No dude I found a car that will out due the 03 cobra just as you asked. A 2003 evo is superior in performance to a 2003 cobra. Maybe not now but in 2003 it was maybe you should have picked a better year for the mustang.

Sent from my mind
    It only took getting beat by 190whp cars for them to creat a car worthy of buying. In my Mind it will still be a over priced piece of shit.

Sent from my mind
    The 2003 Cobra Terminator was pulling 11.9's at the track STOCK. What part of that don't you understand? Literally, they changed the rear wheels to some cheap Weld Draglights and slapped on a pair of 26x10's and did nothing else. People were making over 650rwhp in them in the first month of them being released. Additionally, there was a huge network of race shops that had years of experience dealing with Mustnags, and companies that were already putting out parts for them before they hit the showrooms.

By contrast, when the Evo was released in the US, there were very few shops that knew anything about what it was capable of and it took a little time for them to sort out what the best band for the buck was. There were a few shops in California that had some experience, but the vast majority had a lot more homework to do than the Mustang guys. It doesn't mean that the Evo was an inferior platform, just that it took a little more effort initially - and that is normal.

Don't get me wrong. I like the Evo a lot, and thought seriously about buying one. It is an excellent car, and I am by no means hating on them.

The 2003 Cobra Terminator was pulling 11.9's at the track STOCK. What part of that don't you understand? Literally, they changed the rear wheels to some cheap Weld Draglights and slapped on a pair of 26x10's and did nothing else. People were making over 650rwhp in them in the first month of them being released. Additionally, there was a huge network of race shops that had years of experience dealing with Mustnags, and companies that were already putting out parts for them before they hit the showrooms.

By contrast, when the Evo was released in the US, there were very few shops that knew anything about what it was capable of and it took a little time for them to sort out what the best band for the buck was. There were a few shops in California that had some experience, but the vast majority had a lot more homework to do than the Mustang guys. It doesn't mean that the Evo was an inferior platform, just that it took a little more effort initially - and that is normal.

Don't get me wrong. I like the Evo a lot, and thought seriously about buying one. It is an excellent car, and I am by no means hating on them.
    He didn't say a cobra terminator.....he said cobra. The terminator was a more expensive model of cobra. If it was a terminator sure it would out run the evo. A base cobra would not though.

Sent from my mind
    <3 Catnipples

He didn't say a cobra terminator.....he said cobra. The terminator was a more expensive model of cobra. If it was a terminator sure it would out run the evo. A base cobra would not though.

Sent from my mind
    You don't even know your cars at all.
    Ford Mustang SVT Cobra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sent from my mind
    You stupid fuck. are you going to the junction meet tonight? I want to meet you.

"Cobra Terminator" LMFAO!!!

Sent from my mind
    lol.... easy to win arguments with you... just sit back and watch you hang yourself.

Now when the Cobras REALLY started goin fast was when people started upgrading to synthetic blinker fluid.
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 01-19-2013 at 11:01 AM.

Same, i gave the EVO a lot of credit.... it coming to the states was a significant point in car history.....

but it's no 03 cobra.

2013 GT500
    1989 Mustang 5.0

E36..... you confidently say a lot of dumb shit and unfortunately never seem to realize how stupid the shit you say is.....

just to clue you in..... since i doubt you're smart enough to have already realized the error of your ways.

There is no such thing as a "terminator" cobra.... "terminator" is simply a nick name given to the 03 cobra since it was such an ass ripping monster of a car.

Given what we know now.... let's take a quick look back at your egotistical self absorbed bullshit that you recklessly spout on a daily basis.

Sent from my mind

Sent from my mind
    Gonna offer you even further assistance. I want to help you.... call me Dr.Fix if you will.... this is a learning process and it wont be easy. It will require dedication and most importantly YOU wanting to learn.

Grab your dictionary and read along.

I'll give you some homework on learning to identify contradictions.

Listen to anything that comes out of Obama's mouth.

You don't even know your cars at all.
    Ford Mustang SVT Cobra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I don't know much about shitty cars your right...

It's so good but yet none of you drive one. You choose the fox body because it was fords best built platform to drag....because it weighs way less then all of the newer mustangs.

The 03 evo8 was a much better plat form then the cobra for the money. Not only could you drag it but you could take it to a road course. Yeah you may be able to take you over priced pos cobra but it wouldn't keep up at all on a road course.

Americans only care about going straight. Foreign cars are built with road courses in mind hence why they rev so much higher then American made cars. It's funny that Japan was producing 6cls putting out the same power as your precious v8's. every other manufacture has been doing more advanced things with their cars and Americans have just now caught up finally. It only too until 2005+ to start making cars with good power/weight. Give me 40k In 2003 I would have bought an evo dropped around 15k while you buy your "terminator" and only have 5k to spare. So a evo with 15k vs a terminator with 5k

Outcome: evo putting bus lengths on the cobra. No other lame excuse how you know someone who knows someone with cheap parts would allow you to build a cobra to make more power then a evo after its had 15k In it when you only have 5k. I know it's a big blow to you guys ego when your driving down the high way in your v8 beast and a 4cyl comes along and leaves your ass hangin. You feel you have something to prove owning a v8 it's like a country boy thing "look dem ricers."

I stopped caring about the argument awhile back. I did was told of me. Find a car under 40k that can compete with the 2003 cobra...I did and y'all made every excuse to why I'm wrong and the evo isn't a good... News flash guys its ways 1000 pounds less makes 280whp and its awd guys I already have a head start when dumping the 5k. Like I said you couldn't upgrade you blower enough with 5k to compete with a evo with a gt35 at like 25-30psi... I could easily obtain 600whp in 2003 an you might be able to obtain 650-700 but you still weigh a lot so I would still win regardless. You couldn't build your suspension an motor with 5k. I would only spend about 3k to get. 600 whp leaving me 2k for just suspension or upgraded trans and transfer case to hold the power. Your argument was flawed, you thought I was an idiot but you forgot about the good ole evo you said it yourself that you thought I'd pick the m3 leaving me to believe you picked 2003 because you thought there wasn't any cars that would be comparable. Guess why sin fix there was (:

It sucks to loose at your own argument. My facts about the cobra may have not been spot on but I do know they weigh a lot more then the evo and giving there whp is only off by like 80hp it's a pretty even race. It's not like the cobra is so much more better. So for 40k your better off buying the evo over the mustang; unless your a red neck and spend all of your time dragging then sure the mustang platform would be a better choice.

There is no way to actually know which car would preform better then the other.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsu...ncer_Evolution

Sent from my mind
    <3 Catnipples

LMFAO

Since when did a new evo cost $25k?

Just to go more In dept....

Thanks for the wiki link guys you helped me beat you at your own game. Pay attention guys:

Power to weight

2003 evo 8 316hp curb weight 2900

316/2900= .1089 rounded up to .11

2003 cobra svt 390hp curb weight 3665
    390/3665= .1065

Also top gear ran the evo on the track with 1/4th time of 12.1 you said 11.9 for the cobra...looks like a drivers race eh?????

What did we learn children?

That's right the evo has a better weight to power ratio off the rip.

It's ok guys an idiot who knows nothing about mustangs just proved you wrong.

Sent from my mind
    <3 Catnipples

Quote Originally Posted by Catnip View Post
    Since when did a new evo cost $25k?
    They cost 28k in 2003

Sent from my mind
    <3 Catnipples

E36..... you confidently say a lot of dumb shit and unfortunately never seem to realize how stupid the shit you say is.....

just to clue you in..... since i doubt you're smart enough to have already realized the error of your ways.

There is no such thing as a "terminator" cobra.... "terminator" is simply a nick name given to the 03 cobra since it was such an ass ripping monster of a car.

Given what we know now.... let's take a quick look back at your egotistical self absorbed bullshit that you recklessly spout on a daily basis.

Gonna offer you even further assistance. I want to help you.... call me Dr.Fix if you will.... this is a learning process and it wont be easy. It will require dedication and most importantly YOU wanting to learn.

Grab your dictionary and read along.

I'll give you some homework on learning to identify contradictions.

Listen to anything that comes out of Obama's mouth.
    Again I don't butt fuck mustangs so I wouldn't know the thing about it being called the terminator.

I thought it was called that because it keeps dying and you have to revive it after every track day...my b

Sent from my mind
    <3 Catnipples