Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 5.0Mike vs ported pullied cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    drives cheap 240sx, biggest hobby is sliding in parking lots, insults one of the most successful cars in autosport history. #DontBeThatGuy
    Still doesn't mean it's not a over priced piece of shit. I'm talking about stock mustangs with out 40k dropped into the motor. There are so many 4-6cyl cars that whoop on mustangs stock for stock.

Eco,sti,m3,m5, ect ect these are cars I would buy before I would any mustang. Idc if it runs 8's I don't like working on my car every day.

Sent from my mind
    <3 Catnipples

opinions are like assholes......

although in this particular case, the asshole not sitting in a mustang usually crosses the finish line 2nd.
    Haven't came second to any mustang yet in any of my shitty cheap cars. Lol

I beat a camed 98 4.6 mustang from a dig in my 1993 sentra ser with bolt ons. I beat him so bad....190whp vs 280+whp.

Rb25 I beat a roush and a ss Camaro with only 12 pounds on a s2 turbo with rebuilt internals...

Sr beat a stage 3 427 by 3-4 cars...

So yeah I'm good with my 3k cars.

Sent from my mind
    <3 Catnipples

IA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thacker44 View Post
    The last four pages are a great example ladies and gentlemen (mostly ladies) of why Atlanta has no street scene anymore.

Insecure Mustang driver feeling the need to defend his car on the internet despite the fact it's slow.
    Ricers afraid of said Mustang despite how slow Mustang is because in the end, rice is still rice and won't ever be fast.

Dominant Alpha males such as myself looking down from the throne in utter disgust of the peons that frolic freely in his kingdom. There's going to be some changes around this area soon. Believe that.
    I believe I called your bitch ass out in the cobra!!! Where you at?? Heh, you ignored me. Just thought you were a punk bitch. I'm ready when you are.

I am by no means insecure about anything about my car. I built my car to be this fast. It takes only putting my kit back on to take your camaro. And believe that. So where is that cobra at? Lets get it!

Sent From a galaxy far far away

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by E36slide View Post
    Still doesn't mean it's not a over priced piece of shit. I'm talking about stock mustangs with out 40k dropped into the motor. There are so many 4-6cyl cars that whoop on mustangs stock for stock.

Eco,sti,m3,m5, ect ect these are cars I would buy before I would any mustang. Idc if it runs 8's I don't like working on my car every day.

Sent from my mind
    Stock vs stock matters when comparing racing prowess. /sarcasm.

This "work on my car everyday" is the opinion of the inexperienced. Once a SBF is gasketed correctly it's virtually maintenance free. The only annoyance ive ever had with SBFs is oil leaks and AOD transmissions. I've had a few s13s and ive had about 50 foxbody mustangs. If you think a s13 out runs a foxbody $ vs $ then you dont have a fucking clue what you're talking about. The problem with you import kiddiots is that you live inside your own little fantasy worlds and never actually seek the truth. Psychologically, your brain is more susceptible to picking up information that supports your belief. A stock foxbody has about 200 hp. A GT with an automatic probably runs a 16 in the 1/4 stock. Once upon a time some kid in a sports compact outran a mustang from redlight to redlight in a car that was 10-15 years newer and more technologically advanced than said mustang. That story spread like wildfire. The uninformed, like yourself... adopted this mindset and latched on to it since it supports what you want to believe. So then you went on your merry way and started drifting imports with mustache duct tape and green wheels while never giving mustangs a 2nd thought....

Meanwhile, in a place known as reality.... located far far away from the fantasy land you live in.... this was taking place.

I don't like working on my car every day.
    Why did you get that 240 then?
    Seems like you have a thread where you show how you work on it everyday.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

IA Member

Sounds like to me their are a bunch of pussies on here who don't like to race. All talk!!! Just want to talk shit and run off a new member. It's all good though. Typical ricer bullshit from young punks

Haven't came second to any mustang yet in any of my shitty cheap cars. Lol
    That's because you were too afraid to line up with me. You refused online and in person.

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    That's because you were too afraid to line up with me. You refused online and in person.
    It's all fun and games till a foxbody shows up.

Stock vs stock matters when comparing racing prowess. /sarcasm.

This "work on my car everyday" is the opinion of the inexperienced. Once a SBF is gasketed correctly it's virtually maintenance free. The only annoyance ive ever had with SBFs is oil leaks and AOD transmissions. I've had a few s13s and ive had about 50 foxbody mustangs. If you think a s13 out runs a foxbody $ vs $ then you dont have a fucking clue what you're talking about. The problem with you import kiddiots is that you live inside your own little fantasy worlds and never actually seek the truth. Psychologically, your brain is more susceptible to picking up information that supports your belief. A stock foxbody has about 200 hp. A GT with an automatic probably runs a 16 in the 1/4 stock. Once upon a time some kid in a sports compact outran a mustang from redlight to redlight in a car that was 10-15 years newer and more technologically advanced than said mustang. That story spread like wildfire. The uninformed, like yourself... adopted this mindset and latched on to it since it supports what you want to believe. So then you went on your merry way and started drifting imports with mustache duct tape and green wheels while never giving mustangs a 2nd thought....

Meanwhile, in a place known as reality.... located far far away from the fantasy land you live in.... this was taking place.

I simply don't like mustangs period. Know I don't think 4cyl can out run them $ for $ but I do belie there are a few civic hatches that would give fox body's a run for their money on the strip. I've grew up around v8's my whole life. I've owned a as Camaro and a z28 Camaro and hated both of them because they broke down more then they ran. Then I got a Honda then a BMW and realized why drive something fast if its going to break more then it performs. So I started messing with reliable motors instead. Will I ever break a world record in my sr no but can I keep up with those 60k mustangs on the high way, absolutely. It's not that I want to win; it's I want to show the mustangbro that a lil 4cyl can sniff his ass with half the money.

Sent from my mind
    <3 Catnipples

Why did you get that 240 then?
    Seems like you have a thread where you show how you work on it everyday.
    That's because I'm fixing issues caused by previous owner. Once everything is replaced I shouldn't have to work on it unless I break something (suspension) at the track.

Sent from my mind
    <3 Catnipples

I'm just not that big on money street racing. Everyone lies about what they have. If we were driving down 85 and you pulled up to me and gave me a look I would oblige and give you a good pull but I find it stupid to run someone especially when I could lose my licensee. All I need is one ticket an mine are gone for awhile. I would say go to commerce but I hate the idea of dragging. The shit got so boring when I owned my dsm. Plus, commerce sucks ass.

Sent from my mind
    <3 Catnipples

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0mike2V View Post
    Sounds like to me their are a bunch of pussies on here who don't like to race. All talk!!! Just want to talk shit and run off a new member. It's all good though. Typical ricer bullshit from young punks

Maybe you should post a video of you beating something with the same power and not some dude half ass getting on it.

This one time I posted a video of me killing a geo metro from a dig. He gave up after first gear....

Sent from my mind
    <3 Catnipples

I simply don't like mustangs period. Know I don't think 4cyl can out run them $ for $ but I do belie there are a few civic hatches that would give fox body's a run for their money on the strip. I've grew up around v8's my whole life. I've owned a as Camaro and a z28 Camaro and hated both of them because they broke down more then they ran. Then I got a Honda then a BMW and realized why drive something fast if its going to break more then it performs. So I started messing with reliable motors instead. Will I ever break a world record in my sr no but can I keep up with those 60k mustangs on the high way, absolutely. It's not that I want to win; it's I want to show the mustangbro that a lil 4cyl can sniff his ass with half the money.

Sent from my mind
    but it cant........

if you gave us both $10,000 to build a race car.....

you pick an s13... i pick a foxbody......

it's gonna look like one of those episodes of pinks with you standing there crying... "i need 15 lengths and you to take the bottle out.... "

you drive a 1992 240sx..... you're comparing $v$ with a new vehicle..... that's a pointless argument...

A new mustang costs $40k... with $40 i could build a pinto that would destroy it... does that mean pinto>mustang?

Mustang > 240 $v$...

Compare your 92 240 to a 92 mustang....

that or compare what a silvia costed new in 1992 then factor in inflation and compare that to a new mustang....

however you add this up. Mustang > 240

but it cant........

if you gave us both $10,000 to build a race car.....

you pick an s13... i pick a foxbody......

it's gonna look like one of those episodes of pinks with you standing there crying... "i need 15 lengths and you to take the bottle out.... "
    Depends on what motor is already In the car... 10k into a ls3 vs 10k into a 5.0 fox body.... 240 would do more then hang. I mean my moms bf has a ls1 I can get just have to find a transmission. So again 10k vs 10k you wouldn't be doing anything but seeing tail lights.

Sent from my mind
    <3 Catnipples

you drive a 1992 240sx..... you're comparing $v$ with a new vehicle..... that's a pointless argument...

A new mustang costs $40k... with $40 i could build a pinto that would destroy it... does that mean pinto>mustang?

Mustang > 240 $v$...

Compare your 92 240 to a 92 mustang....

that or compare what a silvia costed new in 1992 then factor in inflation and compare that to a new mustang....

however you add this up. Mustang > 240
    No homie I was comparing other cars sti,Eco ect new for new money for money. Your trying to say I was trying to compare my old 240 and I wasn't. A new m3 vs new cobra.....m3 is victorious.... Get what I'm saying. There are other foreign built cars for the same price that will out preform a mustang any day of the week stock for stock money for money.

Sent from my mind
    <3 Catnipples

No homie I was comparing other cars sti,Eco ect new for new money for money. Your trying to say I was trying to compare my old 240 and I wasn't. A new m3 vs new cobra.....m3 is victorious.... Get what I'm saying. There are other foreign built cars for the same price that will out preform a mustang any day of the week stock for stock money for money.

Sent from my mind
    Ok....

Here's my example.

2003 Cobra, sticker price $34,750 add to this equation $5000 cash back to modify.

Tell me another car that will out perform it..... using the same format. Original sticker + mod money = <$40,000

Depends on what motor is already In the car... 10k into a ls3 vs 10k into a 5.0 fox body.... 240 would do more then hang. I mean my moms bf has a ls1 I can get just have to find a transmission. So again 10k vs 10k you wouldn't be doing anything but seeing tail lights.

Sent from my mind
    delusional and stretching. although putting an ls3 into a 240 proves very little towards a nissan vs ford debate..... id still allow it. Adding the market value of an ls3 to your budget would cripple your build cost and make you lose just as bad as you would before. There's a reason when you go to the strip it's overloaded with foxbodies.... foxbody is the kingpin of weekend warriors.

[QUOTE=Sinfix_15;39484191]Ok....

Here's my example.

2003 Cobra, sticker price $34,750 add to this equation $5000 cash back to modify.

Tell me another car that will out perform it..... using the same format. Original sticker + mod money =
    <3 Catnipples

delusional and stretching. although putting an ls3 into a 240 proves very little towards a nissan vs ford debate..... id still allow it. Adding the market value of an ls3 to your budget would cripple your build cost and make you lose just as bad as you would before. There's a reason when you go to the strip it's overloaded with foxbodies.... foxbody is the kingpin of weekend warriors.
    There the king because there light as fuck....something Americans decided they would have no part in. Instead they build huge motors for huge cars and expect it to preform. Take the 2013 Saleen or tosh and drop 400-500 pounds that arnt needed and it actually be able to compete with out heavily modding the motor like most do.

Also I have a ls1 with a ls3 cam ported light build at my disposal if I wanted to swap it into my 240 but I hate American made cars and the trans is like 2k+

Sent from my mind
    <3 Catnipples

There the king because there light as fuck....something Americans decided they would have no part in. Instead they build huge motors for huge cars and expect it to preform. Take the 2013 Saleen or tosh and drop 400-500 pounds that arnt needed and it actually be able to compete with out heavily modding the motor like most do.

Also I have a ls1 with a ls3 cam ported light build at my disposal if I wanted to swap it into my 240 but I hate American made cars and the trans is like 2k+

Sent from my mind

I was a fool for thinking (even for a moment) that you could be taken seriously.

I defined clear perimeters for you to prove your accusation of $v$..... I'm assuming upon looking at my example you googled 2003 cobra vs m3 stock, looked at the road tests motortrend did... then noticed that the M3 was already more expensive and realized that you cant produce an example outside of your theories of swapping X engine into a 240 as if the 240 is some great platform for engines to be in. I obviously have love for the s13 chassis..... but lets not pretend that it's setting the bar.

Perfect example. Evo 8 with not even 5k maybe 3k vs a 04 cobra with at least 5k getting drugged...I spy a gto getting drugged too lol

http://youtu.be/_Irgp-r3XTw

Sent from my mind
    <3 Catnipples

I was a fool for thinking (even for a moment) that you could be taken seriously.

I defined clear perimeters for you to prove your accusation of $v$..... I'm assuming upon looking at my example you googled 2003 cobra vs m3 stock, looked at the road tests motortrend did... then noticed that the M3 was already more expensive and realized that you cant produce an example outside of your theories of swapping X engine into a 240 as if the 240 is some great platform for engines to be in. I obviously have love for the s13 chassis..... but lets not pretend that it's setting the bar.
    Nah I new the m3 was over priced due to the luxury/performance the car posses. I choose the evo 8 with is a turbo charged platform and with 5k your talking about a 500-600whp monster.

Sent from my mind
    <3 Catnipples

Perfect example. Evo 8 with not even 5k maybe 3k vs a 04 cobra with at least 5k getting drugged...I spy a gto getting drugged too lol

Evo 8 gt35r vs &#39;04 Cobra 505whp from a roll - YouTube

Sent from my mind
    where do you buy the xray goggles that prices cars on youtube for you??? i want a set....

with that said, EVO is a better choice than i would have expected from you. $29k MSRP..... it would be a formidable challenger to the 03 cobra $vs$<40k..... maybe the best example that could possibly be produced from the import world... but def not a clear victor.....

And also.... the EVO costs what it costs because it adapted a lot of the "americanized" ways of the mustang. Lot of people complain about the "cheapness" of an evo for what it is.

Dont have time to continue atm, gotta get back to work. to be continued.....

It said the power and mods In the description. Un like the mustang all the evo had to do was add a gt35 and turn the boost up, throw in a Managment system, injectors and a tune.
    <3 Catnipples

Kurgan sold a couple of 03 Cobras making over 600 rwhp for under $30k last year. One was 26k if I remember correctly. With $14k more, I could get over 900 rwhp. You think that a 430 rwhp S13 LS1 could hang with that?

Mustangs are pretty much the cheapest platform that you can get to go fast. That's why they are popular.
    Take a 92 S13 and spend 10k on it. You will always be slower than a 92 Mustang with 10k dropped in it.

and it'll be slower than a dsm with 10k in it.

9.28 on a stock bottom end, and it lasted until the last run of the season.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inHD2ND32gg

It said the power and mods In the description. Un like the mustang all the evo had to do was add a gt35 and turn the boost up, throw in a Managment system, injectors and a tune.
    That's the precise reason I went with a dsm. almost too easy to make power.

BTW stock evo ecu has handled 1000hp, no need to waste money on a standalone

Evo 8 gt35r vs '04 Cobra 505whp from a roll - YouTube
    Atleast 5K???

My buddies old Cobra:
    501rwhp 528ftlbs
    Custom Home Ported Eaton
    Custom Ported & Polished TB and Plenum
    Custom 2lb Lower w/ Stock Cage
    2.8" Pulley
    Stock motor/Stock Fuel Pumps/Stock Injectors

So like a $100 pulley and a tune hahaha.

Edit: He had Mac Catback Exhaust as well. So add on $1000 just for the sake of being on the high side(Pretty sure its like 1/2 of that retail but I dont feel like checking haha).
    Last edited by SHHHH; 01-18-2013 at 01:13 PM.

2013 GT500
    1989 Mustang 5.0

Kurgan sold a couple of 03 Cobras making over 600 rwhp for under $30k last year. One was 26k if I remember correctly. With $14k more, I could get over 900 rwhp. You think that a 430 rwhp S13 LS1 could hang with that?

Mustangs are pretty much the cheapest platform that you can get to go fast. That's why they are popular.
    Take a 92 S13 and spend 10k on it. You will always be slower than a 92 Mustang with 10k dropped in it.

Sold my '03 Cobra pushing 656rwhp for just under $20,000 about a year ago.

2013 GT500
    1989 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by ed1380 View Post
    and it'll be slower than a dsm with 10k in it.

9.28 on a stock bottom end, and it lasted until the last run of the season.
    OstarMotorsports Stock Block 4G63 Record 9.28 @ 154mph - YouTube

That's the precise reason I went with a dsm. almost too easy to make power.

BTW stock evo ecu has handled 1000hp, no need to waste money on a standalone
    Wow, your 9 sec DSM will beat an 8 sec 98 Cobra (not even a Terminator)? This is an 8 sec budget build.
    JIMS SVT 98 Cobra 8 second street car - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by SHHHH View Post
    Sold my '03 Cobra pushing 656rwhp for just under $20,000 about a year ago.
    And with another 20K I wonder how fast it could go?....

Wow, your 9 sec DSM will beat an 8 sec 98 Cobra (not even a Terminator)? This is an 8 sec budget build.
    JIMS SVT 98 Cobra 8 second street car - YouTube
    mustang has forged internals which cost $$$. That dsm has a bone stock bottom end AKA $100 at the junkyard

We're talking about buying a car new in 2003 then spending only 5k. The evo 8 would beat any 03 cobra with 5k dropped into it if your dropping the same amount junto the evo plus I'd have 11k or so to spare. That's our debate.

Sent from my mind
    <3 Catnipples

last I checked an 03 evo had the 4g63 motor. I'm on your side

mustang has forged internals which cost $$$. That dsm has a bone stock bottom end AKA $100 at the junkyard
    Do you realize that forged internal kits for Mustangs are cheap? I sold a new complete Probe forged internal kit for $500 a while back. There is always someone selling Mustang parts cheap.

We're talking about buying a car new in 2003 then spending only 5k. The evo 8 would beat any 03 cobra with 5k dropped into it if your dropping the same amount junto the evo plus I'd have 11k or so to spare. That's our debate.

Sent from my mind
    Ok, let's be realistic about it then. In 2003, the Evo cost $30K, and there weren't many shops in GA that knew how to mod it. Additionally, they all charged an arm and a leg then on them. Basically, your $5K wouldn't get you what it will now.
    If you want to play the game of getting a 2003 now, and then dumping in $5K, you can go a lot faster now.

Do you realize that forged internal kits for Mustangs are cheap? I sold a new complete Probe forged internal kit for $500 a while back. There is always someone selling Mustang parts cheap.
    That's nice to know, but stock is free. For $500 you can get forged internals for the dsm too. You can increase the budget and the dsm will always come out ahead.

Evo 8 with basic mods runs around 11.6 at 117mph, and the mods run about $2500.
    Stage 1: $1419
    BR EVOLUTION AIR FILTER KIT
    BR EVOLUTION 3" STAINLESS STEEL DOWNPIPE
    3" HIGHFLOW CATALYTIC CONVERTER- I used test pipe
    BR EVOLUTION 3" STAINLESS STEEL CATBACK W/ MAGNAFLOW MUFFLER
    BR MANUAL BOOST CONTROLLER
    BUSCHUR FLASH-I used Dynoflash
    AUTOMETER 30-0-30 BOOST GAUGE
    COLUMN MOUNT GAUGE POD

Stage 2: $979
    BR EVOLUTION MAF PIPE KIT
    EVOLUTION ODYSSEY MINI BATTERY KIT
    BR EVOLUTION UPPER I/C PIPE KIT w/ TiAL BOV-I used 1G and Forge RS
    Tein S tech springs $208
    Exedy Twin HD clutch $1500
    -------------------------------------------

03-04 Cobra Terminators run 11.90 with only rear Draglights w/ 26-10.5 ET Streets. Most guys spent less than $1500 to make 450+hp and 450+tq - back in 2003-2005. You couldn't do that back then with the Evo 8. I know - I wanted one then (and still would like to have one now).

Yes, I like the Evo, and wouldn't mind having one, but to be honest, you can just make a lot more power for a lot less money with a Mustang.

That's nice to know, but stock is free. For $500 you can get forged internals for the dsm too. You can increase the budget and the dsm will always come out ahead.
    You are living in a cave if you believe that.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast