Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Could Jesus have been an alien?

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d993s
    Some people try to pass off their beliefs in imaginary beings as facts.
    Parents are real and THEY are the ones who give you life. God, santa clause and pinocchio are imaginary due to lack of even the slightest evidence that they exist, so taking offense to someone insulting an imaginary being is plain ridiculous.
    And at least there are sightings of Santa Claus. Every year you can track Santa's travel path on MSNBC.com. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

^^^Now that would make a great movie

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ
    And at least there are sightings of Santa Claus. Every year you can track Santa's travel path on MSNBC.com. Later, QD.
    Damn it, you're right.....god even has less credibility than santa fucking clause

i guess you d993s have failed to look at any of the previous threads to see that there is evidence. people like you just blatently ignore these and rag on those people who believe. you are very close minded and blind to the things around you. i hope one day you open your eyes up and see things for how they really are. i pray for people like you that have very small intellectual state of mind and think that someone as small as you or me or anyone else can actually begin to comprehend God.
    riding for God crew member #1

IA Domestic Alliance

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    i guess you d993s have failed to look at any of the previous threads to see that there is evidence. people like you just blatently ignore these and rag on those people who believe. you are very close minded and blind to the things around you. i hope one day you open your eyes up and see things for how they really are. i pray for people like you that have very small intellectual state of mind and think that someone as small as you or me or anyone else can actually begin to comprehend God.
    Haha, d993s and I have had a few conversations in person about religion and he's not an idiot. Goofy, but not an idiot. Some people just don't care to sugar-coat their posts and feel that it's not necessary to argue with someone - they rather just fire away and move along instead of making sure if their bullets hit their target.

failed to look at any of the previous threads to see that there is evidence.
    Where are these evidences? Name a couple right here and now. Something that does NOT start with the letter F and end with aith. Name a tangible piece of evidence. Later, QD.

conscience, prophecy, morals, ethics, biology, anatomy...list goes on. i can give you intense studies done by scientists and unbelievers with refrences too if you like.

IA Domestic Alliance

Banned

i can give you intense studies done by scientists and unbelievers with refrences too if you like.
    I'd like to see them.

conscience, prophecy, morals, ethics, biology, anatomy...list goes on. i can give you intense studies done by scientists and unbelievers with refrences too if you like.
    Lolol. So nothing tangible. Photos, videos, nothing of the sort. Only things that can't be seen.

Conscience, morals, ethics (which is the same as morals) are all inner "feeling" type devices. Where is the proof that God is the reason for this?

Biology and anatomy (again the same thing) are proof of what? That we are miraculous in nature. But that also is not proof that God did it.

Prophecy? Really?

Like I said, you have no real evidence, except faith, that God exists. You have faith that God made humans and their emotions and feelings.

Faith is your ONLY "evidence" that there is a God. Later, QD.

look in the thread " do you believe in God? simple question" and read my posts on this. im not gonna waste my time to repost it here so you guys can just ignore it. like i have stated before God Himself could come down and slap you in the face and begin to have 5 hour conversation with you and you would still somehow try to write it off as some strange anomoly or aliens abducting you. if you really are interested in learning read the posts if not then continue living as a horse being lead with blinders on.

IA Domestic Alliance

im not gonna waste my time to repost it here so you guys can just ignore it.
    If you're going to spread the word and the power and the glory of God, then there is no such thing as "wasting my time" by not doing a simple COPY/PASTE of your preachings. You sall be struck by this Faith that you carry for turning your backs on the downtrodden. The ills of society. The "non-believers." Real "men of God" don't think of their spreading the knowledge of the "man upstairs" as a waste of time. No matter who they are speaking too and whether or not that person learns or listens to them. So cut out the Holier-Than-Thou crap because you have faith in something that faith is the only proof and just accept that not everyone believes the same as you. Later, QD.

"riding for god crew member 1" and "whereever god leads"....hmmm hope you don't end up doing something crazy.
    What if god leads you to ride on a big fat horsecock? Will you do it?

honestly bro do you realize the things that you say? grow up man

IA Domestic Alliance

Come on, god is "mysterious" right? What if he wants you to ride a horsecock. You could do it in the name of Jayzus

his immaturity blinds him, its kind of like his brains self-protection mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.G35
    his immaturity blinds him, its kind of like his brains self-protection mechanism.
    Mature or not, I don't worship imaginary beings

really man you are so immature. how do you survive in this world? and as far as me not wanting to take the time and post the studies this has been a hell of a week for me with a family loss and God forgive me but i just dont feel like posting them right now

IA Domestic Alliance

Mature or not, I don't worship imaginary beings
    That's fine, you don't have to. All I'm saying is if you want people to actually take into account anything your saying in this thread, you can't just type something completely fucking stupid and expect them to take anything else you say serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.G35
    That's fine, you don't have to. All I'm saying is if you want people to actually take into account anything your saying in this thread, you can't just type something completely fucking stupid and expect them to take anything else you say serious.
    WHAT??? Says who?

But seriously, the slightest bit of evidence is expected in any argument. I'll wait for that

WHAT??? Says who?

But seriously, the slightest bit of evidence is expected in any argument. I'll wait for that
    lol. i keep forgetting this IA

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Asian
    So what you're saying theres thousands of other proofs that God exists and we ignore them? And over centuries many people that have encountered God we're just ignoring them? That's the beauty of this topic. No one can have definite proof of the things we believe in and when we do people just start bashing you. I believe in God. If you want to say that I believe in God because it makes me secure go for it. If it makes you happy and able to make you sleep at night, then do it. If you say I lack a brain then believe that. BELIEVE anything that makes you secure.
    What!?!...
    I believe in God. I have reasons that I would consider proof of His existence, but what I said I was addressing your comments on the E.T. presence in our world. You maybe should do a little more looking. There are plenty of historical accounts that could be defined (in historical understanding of course) as the U.F.O. phenomenon.

I am saying that if you are a believer and you can read in revelations of all the beings that John saw and then say that you don't believe in other life then I don't know what you are thinking. Thats my point.

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacc
    Catch up on your work then get back to us when your brain finishes cooling off. You're going to need it if you wish to continue going back and forth with me.
    ..trying to figure out where to start... there is soooo much.

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ
    Lolol. So nothing tangible. Photos, videos, nothing of the sort. Only things that can't be seen.

Conscience, morals, ethics (which is the same as morals) are all inner "feeling" type devices. Where is the proof that God is the reason for this?

Biology and anatomy (again the same thing) are proof of what? That we are miraculous in nature. But that also is not proof that God did it.

Prophecy? Really?

Like I said, you have no real evidence, except faith, that God exists. You have faith that God made humans and their emotions and feelings.

Faith is your ONLY "evidence" that there is a God. Later, QD.
    In fairness to understanding of the tangibility of all things, can you demonstrate to me tangible evidence of logic, love, grace, radio waves, the existence of the Andromeda Galaxy... All of these things require us to use the understanding that we have to be able to logically identify certain things without tangible evidence. For instance, you use logic every day to keep you alive, but it is not tangible, yet without it you would be dead and our civilization would not exist.

my point is that if you are asking someone to define a transcendent God (beyond understanding) then you cannot ask for tangibility as that requires something that can be touched which denotes understanding. However, you can ask for reasons for the persons faith, understanding that what is being presented to you is a case for their faith as based on the Bible believers are NOT supposed to believe blindly, but we are supposed to be able to present clearly the reasons for our faith. Cases for faith in science are considered proof even though they are just as valid as faith in anything provided we adhere to the existence of logic (again, something intangible guiding us). For instance the arguments on evolution, whether you believe it or not have not been concluded to be 100%, so there is a measure of faith because there still is no tangible evidence...there are only reasons to make the case for it.

The Faith that I have (and I assume Geoff) is based not off of just hearing and believing. It is also based off of an appealing to the senses of our world and the demonstration of its order and its law that exists in ALL things. I use science, philosophy, sociology, the Bible, history, and many other tools provided to us, with the understanding that if what I believe to be true, is true, then it will be demonstrated in ALL things. As what I believe is that our universe functions on laws and without these laws there would be no sciences, no morality, and no history to study, and we would not be having this discussion because the (lawlessness) of our universe would not have reasonably yielded this intelligence to us.

Lastly, my tangibility lies in the one who is the Christ. I can get you numerous names of scholarly authors who will tell you that this man not only lived, but he performed miracles, (which I can define in another post if it comes up) and there is good reason to believe that he did not stay dead after his death.

Please ask questions if you don't understand me.
    Last edited by sport_122; 08-01-2009 at 04:00 PM.

Certified Gearhead

WHAT??? Says who?

the above post is also for you then...but please be reasonable. I would love to invite anyone into discussion, but many of your posts are just uncalled for. And also, if you want to rebuttal, please make sure your evidence is apparent so that I can understand your thought process.

If your post above is supposed to prove something, it doesn't.
    Faith= belief. Proof and evidence do not require faith, since it becomes redundant.
    I didn't ask what color the red car is....

Certified Gearhead

If your post above is supposed to prove something, it doesn't.
    Faith= belief. Proof and evidence do not require faith, since it becomes redundant.
    I didn't ask what color the red car is....
    wrong...that is NOT what I said at all. I said that my faith is not based off of nothing. But in describing my faith, you cannot assume that ALL things should be tangible because proof cannot logically be based on tangibility. My faith is based off of a compilation of reasoning and logical rational when I use the numerous resources given to me by God to see him apart from blind faith. And those resources are not tangible. Can you put science in my hand? Can you put philosophy or history in my hand? No. These are not physical things. They are conceptualized to define human action or a framework of human study.

Proof and evidence do require faith. Nobody can prove anything to you if you do not have faith that the evidence is sound or it was reasonable and rationally gathered. Even in a science lab, if you feel like I have tampered with the experiment then my results in your mind will be void. This is even demonstrated in this post, when some of us believe that there is definitely an extraterrestrial presence on our planet, and some of us (even having seen the same evidence) reject it.

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by BABY J
    Angry? When and where? In fact I am laughing at you - not angry at all. I have never been hostile towards anyones beliefs - that's what the religious wars are/were about. I've always said that I'm all about people being who they wanna be. But they laughed at Jesus --- so WHO ARE YOU? You think you get a free ride? NOT.

I believe in me. PERIOD. As I said --- respect.
    Baby J...
    do you not see that "people being who they want to be," and "respect" are not usually linked? As we have discussed before. what if who I am means that I do NOT respect you and should not. ex. KKK, Black Panthers, any number of Israeli and Palestinian groups etc. In these cases these individuals all are who they want to be, but by definition they are going to hate someone else. Where does that line get crossed between this being okay.

What takes precedence? Your views or the respect? Because either way I don't see how I can come to that same conclusion as a world view. What I mean is that we all need each other and everyone is counting on the individual to do their part so I don't see where that method would work in society.

but, you are right...they did laugh at Jesus, the man who preached loving others before yourself and God above all (I see how that works), which is why I am not surprised or shocked when I get laughed at and you put up with me in these discussions enough that the laughing is just a part of our correspondence.

sport i know this is off topic but i have been meaning to ask you...what are your beliefs on God? how do you believe we as men obtain salvation?

IA Domestic Alliance

Certified Gearhead

sport i know this is off topic but i have been meaning to ask you...what are your beliefs on God? how do you believe we as men obtain salvation?
    simple answer is yes. But there are some semantics there that are a part of my theology. you got a PM

Quote Originally Posted by sport_122
    wrong...that is NOT what I said at all. I said that my faith is not based off of nothing. But in describing my faith, you cannot assume that ALL things should be tangible because proof cannot logically be based on tangibility. My faith is based off of a compilation of reasoning and logical rational when I use the numerous resources given to me by God to see him apart from blind faith. And those resources are not tangible. Can you put science in my hand? Can you put philosophy or history in my hand? No. These are not physical things. They are conceptualized to define human action or a framework of human study.

Proof and evidence do require faith. Nobody can prove anything to you if you do not have faith that the evidence is sound or it was reasonable and rationally gathered. Even in a science lab, if you feel like I have tampered with the experiment then my results in your mind will be void. This is even demonstrated in this post, when some of us believe that there is definitely an extraterrestrial presence on our planet, and some of us (even having seen the same evidence) reject it.
    HAHAHA!
    Again, faith has no logic, no reason, and "resources given by god" is also a belief, NOT A FACT.

Come on, let's move onto "miracles" done by god....
    I once gave $500 to a poor christian family who was in need. I never told them it was from me. Back then I went to church and they actually announced it as a "MIRACLE" from god!!!!!
    WELL FOCKEN AYE, I guess that makes me GOD! LMFAO! It's been over 10 years, and they still talk about it as a "miracle from god". I bet if I told them that it was ME who gave them the $, they would say something like "god instructed you to do it" to which I would reply "no, actually I was fucking your daughter at the time and felt the need to do a regular-ass good deed because it's satifying knowing that you helped someone.

LSD, shrooms, crack cocaine, heroin, believing in things that have never been proven to exist, a powerful shock to the brain......either one of these will get you there.

WTF!!?

When you learn to accept mortality as a fact of life on this planet, you will realize that there is no salvation. Stop dreaming, live your life, leave your mark in history (hopefully in a positive way), and do what you can to improve and allow intelligence to expand as rapidly as possible (religious beliefs have always hindered or denied human advancement)

Certified Gearhead

HAHAHA!
    Again, faith has no logic, no reason, and "resources given by god" is also a belief, NOT A FACT.
    if you believe that faith and fact cannot coexist on the same subject matter then do you do not believe in the orbit of the earth as it was calculated thousands of years ago, the moon, the sun, the galaxy which were all identified millenia ago, etc. Do you believe evolution is real? Do you believe that going to college will yield you a higher paying job, or adding a certain part will make your car faster than someone elses. These are all actions that people take first based off of observational experience, then based off of faith, and then can easily become fact.

Come on, let's move onto "miracles" done by god....
    I once gave $500 to a poor christian family who was in need. I never told them it was from me. Back then I went to church and they actually announced it as a "MIRACLE" from god!!!!!
    WELL FOCKEN AYE, I guess that makes me GOD! LMFAO! It's been over 10 years, and they still talk about it as a "miracle from god". I bet if I told them that it was ME who gave them the $, they would say something like "god instructed you to do it" to which I would reply "no, actually I was fucking your daughter at the time and felt the need to do a regular-ass good deed because it's satifying knowing that you helped someone.
    but who told you that I would call this a miracle. I wouldn't. I would call it provision. Provision is a result of all the factors of your life coming together at one time. And where need (not greed or desire) meet at supply or sustenance, I would call that provision. Provision can be explained away easily by some and there is room for interpretation, however as the two random things flow together, I believe it is God who determines those moments. But those aren't miracles by definition.

By definition miracles are what happens OUTSIDE the regular laws of the universe/ our world. an example that you point to is the resurrection. I have mentioned it several times because it is THAT important, as even YOU said
    When you learn to accept mortality as a fact of life on this planet, you will realize that there is no salvation. Stop dreaming, live your life, leave your mark in history (hopefully in a positive way), and do what you can to improve and allow intelligence to expand as rapidly as possible (religious beliefs have always hindered or denied human advancement)
    This is where the miracle really rears it ugly head for the non believer. And this is what I would call a miracle. If people were being raised from the dead all the time this would go un noticed because it would be natural. this event has left a HUGE mark on our world history. There have been hordes of historians who have tried to disprove it, but cannot. Because of several reasons.

First, the explosion of the Christian church immediately after the death and resurrection of Christ. Had he not risen, the messages that he spoke and the deeds that he did would have been immediately dismissed as he openly claimed that he would rise again.

Second, There are plenty of first Century Roman historians who have written about the man of Christ and about his death and his followers and the miracles that they were known to have worked.

Third, did you know that after his resurrection he is said to have been on this earth for no less than 40 days. At that time there were hundreds of witnesses who saw him, and his physical body and his ascension.

The list goes on an on. Modern day secular historians have said that they cannot dismiss this miracle as it is accounted for through many records that are NOT of biblical foundation.

I could point you in the direction of plenty of authors, secular and religious, who will tell you that the story of the resurrection cannot be easily dismissed to a hoax and should be looked at with intent to understand it because its place and meaning are so profound to who we are.

And if almost 2000 years of history and knowledge have not discredited the resurrection, and the story is still powerful in our world then there obviously is something to it.

I say all this knowing that what I said before still holds true. You have decided to close your mind to this possibility for what it is and replace it with that which you know to be a part of the laws of existence when in the resurrection, and the miracles performed by Christ, He established his authority to us by defining what we knew to be the laws of our universe and then showing that His power alone could break those laws. That power was later given to the disciples. And what is even more ironic is that you believe in the laws of our world and not a lawlessness, yet just as in the commandments the law was established so that the opposite of the law could be given light.

This is what defines miracles, this is how God demonstrated himself to men all over the world, but we get so used to the "norm" that we ignore the existence of the abnormal. We are currently in a period where we are trying to ignore morality and its origins and next we will try to dismiss the laws of nature and surely enough we will be put in our place again. How? I don't know but history shows that we have a habit of forgetting our problems in favor of embracing and living by sight, when it is very obvious that our world is made up of much more than what we can see.

You're fucking hilarious.
    Again, you have elaborated on your personal BELIEFS, none which show fact, proof, evidence...WOW

Did you know that a extremely similar story of jesus and his life was told about 1000 years before jesus was born? And no, it wasn't a prophecy.
    Actually, a few similar stories were told before his time.
    Religion's purpose is control thru fear. And it works

Quote Originally Posted by sport_122
    In fairness to understanding of the tangibility of all things, can you demonstrate to me tangible evidence of logic, love, grace, radio waves, the existence of the Andromeda Galaxy... All of these things require us to use the understanding that we have to be able to logically identify certain things without tangible evidence. For instance, you use logic every day to keep you alive, but it is not tangible, yet without it you would be dead and our civilization would not exist.

my point is that if you are asking someone to define a transcendent God (beyond understanding) then you cannot ask for tangibility as that requires something that can be touched which denotes understanding. However, you can ask for reasons for the persons faith, understanding that what is being presented to you is a case for their faith as based on the Bible believers are NOT supposed to believe blindly, but we are supposed to be able to present clearly the reasons for our faith. Cases for faith in science are considered proof even though they are just as valid as faith in anything provided we adhere to the existence of logic (again, something intangible guiding us). For instance the arguments on evolution, whether you believe it or not have not been concluded to be 100%, so there is a measure of faith because there still is no tangible evidence...there are only reasons to make the case for it.

The Faith that I have (and I assume Geoff) is based not off of just hearing and believing. It is also based off of an appealing to the senses of our world and the demonstration of its order and its law that exists in ALL things. I use science, philosophy, sociology, the Bible, history, and many other tools provided to us, with the understanding that if what I believe to be true, is true, then it will be demonstrated in ALL things. As what I believe is that our universe functions on laws and without these laws there would be no sciences, no morality, and no history to study, and we would not be having this discussion because the (lawlessness) of our universe would not have reasonably yielded this intelligence to us.

Lastly, my tangibility lies in the one who is the Christ. I can get you numerous names of scholarly authors who will tell you that this man not only lived, but he performed miracles, (which I can define in another post if it comes up) and there is good reason to believe that he did not stay dead after his death.

Please ask questions if you don't understand me.
    I most certainly do NOT understand anything you wrote. I simply asked for tangible (something I can actually see or hear or touch). And by those I don't mean to see Bible. I don't mean to hear a preacher preach. I don't mean to touch whatever Christian people touch to make them believe. I want to see a ripped piece of God's clothing. I want to see an actual photo of God. The only form of proof believers have in His existence is their faith in Him.

No one will ever be able to provide materialistic proof of the Dude.

I haven't really said my stance on this topic (and it isn't what my posts may being saying about it). I am a questioning believer. I think i believe in Heaven and Hell and God and all. But I just have millions of questions about the whole thing. I am a realist, as well. When folks say there is proof everywhere of God's existence, I ask for real proof. And I don't want to hear, look around you. So I'm not a complete atheist or anything close to it, but more so "need actual proof before I can believe it fully" type of person. If you get what I'm saying. Later, QD.

Don't worry QD, if you have a question about anything religion or faith related, I'm sure an opinionated christian's answer will be invented for you: "pray about it", etc.
    Never a clear answer. Never any proof or evidence. Everything is faith-based except of course the reality of converting one to that particular belief and condemning or killing those who refuse (as many have done).

wow haven't seen you in a long time
    2006 Evo IX - Bolt ons

Don't worry QD, if you have a question about anything religion or faith related, I'm sure an opinionated christian's answer will be invented for you: "pray about it", etc.
    Never a clear answer. Never any proof or evidence. Everything is faith-based except of course the reality of converting one to that particular belief and condemning or killing those who refuse (as many have done).
    That's why I don't really talk to "pure" Christian folks. I will be told the same thing with a biased opinion on it. Later, QD.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast