Results 1 to 35 of 35

Thread: What was your first bike?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Certified Gearhead Smittie61984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Between Atlanta & Athens
    Age
    42
    Posts
    218
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarzanman
    No offense, but WTF you are talking about?
    I'm talking from personal experience. I've ridden both generations and put a lot of time on them. Both in stock form with stock exhaust and stock everything.

    The 02 SV650s which is carbed had a lot of pop in the low end. A Lot which is where a lot of people get into trouble. The 2008 SV650s which is FI wasn't anywhere near as bad. I'm guessing it's the carbes loading up with fuel or something but the 02 ones had a lot of pop in the bottom and I've had many people confirm this.

  2. #2
    Certified Gearhead
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    955
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittie61984
    I'm talking from personal experience. I've ridden both generations and put a lot of time on them. Both in stock form with stock exhaust and stock everything.

    The 02 SV650s which is carbed had a lot of pop in the low end. A Lot which is where a lot of people get into trouble. The 2008 SV650s which is FI wasn't anywhere near as bad. I'm guessing it's the carbes loading up with fuel or something but the 02 ones had a lot of pop in the bottom and I've had many people confirm this.
    Yeah, well this dyno of a 2002 vs a 2003 SV-650 says that you guys are still wrong

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!