Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A clearly needed reminder to the Import crowd.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Default A clearly needed reminder to the Import crowd.

This sign wont save you from getting your ass ripped by a mustang.

i am in love with the new laguna seca model

laguna seca's are sick i love the two different keys

I always get a chuckle when I see people poking fun at domestics not being able to turn. Some people are very misinformed.

2013 GT500
    1989 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    This sign wont save you from getting your ass ripped by a mustang.
    Dude how many times did you post in my thread about taking a used 240 over a mustang any day because for the same money you could outperform it in every aspect? Now you're a fan boy of the new mustang?

I think someone just likes to stir shit... or hear themselves talk.

For reference:

I'm just comparing $ vs $, even if you took that busted up $1500 240sx, that gives you $28,500 to fix it. Said 240 would slaughter a new mustang.

If i could afford a new mustang, i would buy one and be happy with it. I cant, but for a fraction of the cost i have a 240sx that will out perform a new mustang easily. I'm a broke young guy with an avg job and money to work with and i can reach the performance of a 2010 mustang with 1/4 of the money spent. If you want a new car and all the things that come with owning a new car, buy a new car....

if you want to look good and go fast, you can do it cheaper with an old platform. rx7 looks good parked beside anything from any generation, so do a lot of other older cheaper cars.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAMERIZKING View Post
    Dude how many times did you post in my thread about taking a used 240 over a mustang any day because for the same money you could outperform it in every aspect? Now you're a fan boy of the new mustang?

For reference:
    He's the new simontibbett. I completely agree. Reps!

For reference:
    I completely agree with this. The guy's got a 240 in his sig. And he's providing no facts to prove his point, either. All those pictures tell me nothing. They're pictures of mustangs. I could find the same pictures if I searched them. + Repped for the Cramer guy.

Senior Member | IA Veteran boostedb16's Avatar

For reference:
    looks like you didnt read this part "If i could afford a new mustang, i would buy one and be happy with it. I cant, but for a fraction of the cost i have a 240sx that will out perform a new mustang easily. I'm a broke young guy with an avg job and money to work with and i can reach the performance of a 2010 mustang with 1/4 of the money spent. If you want a new car and all the things that come with owning a new car, buy a new car...."

looks like he has always been a fan of mustangs. if you cant afford one, you cant afford one. And he is driving a import, so clearly he is talking about himself too when he posted the sign picture.

GT500 > GTR
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

Sinflix: Also, what was that first post of yours on the Integra v. Mustang thread? I have a dream? What happened to that?

Quote Originally Posted by westernlude View Post
    Sinflix: Also, what was that first post of yours on the Integra v. Mustang thread? I have a dream? What happened to that?
    I dont think hes bashing imports. He's just trying to put an end to the ridiculous rumor that Mustangs do not handle as well as an import. Not spreading any import dislike , but the IRS 03-04's and the GT500's with SVT package handle very very well

2013 GT500
    1989 Mustang 5.0

Originally, he wasn't. Now he is. Mustangs are getting much better handling, and thats for sure. Car and Driver said it, Motor trend said it…Heck, I'll admit that the laguna seca model is a pure beast. Im speaking from my personal experience, and given I haven't driven either of those top models, I would not know. So I will not speak on what I have not experienced. BUT my experience has been that imports generally handle better than domestics. There are exceptions, as there are with every rule. Said mustangs are probably one them. Also, my original comment(which started this whole thing) was supposed to be a teasing, kind of "haha" comment, and the mustang fanboys took it as a dick measuring contest, which I did not mean for it to be. So I apologize for that coming off wrong. I would gladly drive a mustang, if I was offered, to settle the whole matter for myself. But I do not have any friends at the moment who drive a mustang.

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    GT500 > GTR
    Maybe from a cost perspective but not a performance perspective.

I love all cars of all types.

They are nice but i esp. like people who buy them and think they are the end all and be all of performance vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Fast View Post
    laguna seca's are sick i love the two different keys
    yessir , thats what technology is all about!

The majority of V8 Mustangs manufactured are better performing cars in all aspects than every FWD Honda. That doesn't mean the FWD Honda's can't be modified to be fast but financially they just don't make much sense. I used to be a hardcore Honda guy and still love Honda's but I would never build another one. You can build a MUCH faster car with a lot less money going with another platform. I can put 5 grand into my stock Foxbody and run deep into the 10's or have a car that handles and stops like a pure beast.

When you get older and wiser you will learn it is much better to take a sports car and improve on it rather than take a economy car that was built for MPG and turn it into a performance car.

.....if I just had money to piss away I would have a fully restored K20'd CRX just to play with. I don't though so I choose to go with a platform that is more capable.

hang a left, make a right and you're there

GT500 > GTR
    when did they start making a mustang gtr model????

that better be what you mean, U cant be talking about the Nissan GTR

talk about stiring things up lol

For reference:
    LOL...... if you post searched me you would find that about 1/2 of my posts are supporting mustangs..... Dont get it twisted. I like imports. For the past few years i've been modding just imports..... but my first car when i was 16 was a mustang.... and so were the next 20 cars i owned.

GT500 > GTR
    Gotta agree, purely on the basis that the GT500 doesn't have those stupid flappy paddles for shifting
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT .........

Originally, he wasn't. Now he is. Mustangs are getting much better handling, and thats for sure. Car and Driver said it, Motor trend said it…Heck, I'll admit that the laguna seca model is a pure beast. Im speaking from my personal experience, and given I haven't driven either of those top models, I would not know. So I will not speak on what I have not experienced. BUT my experience has been that imports generally handle better than domestics. There are exceptions, as there are with every rule. Said mustangs are probably one them. Also, my original comment(which started this whole thing) was supposed to be a teasing, kind of "haha" comment, and the mustang fanboys took it as a dick measuring contest, which I did not mean for it to be. So I apologize for that coming off wrong. I would gladly drive a mustang, if I was offered, to settle the whole matter for myself. But I do not have any friends at the moment who drive a mustang.
    Mustangs handling is nothing new.............. theyve been winning on the track since the 60s......... Steeda Autosport has been one of the most dominant forces in competitive racing for 23 years. Longer than you've had your driver's license. So please explain to me where this notion that mustangs cant handle came from????? your entire life Mustangs have been winning races. You've just been wearing blinders.............. and thats why i made this post.
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 12-31-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SHHHH View Post
    I dont think hes bashing imports. He's just trying to put an end to the ridiculous rumor that Mustangs do not handle as well as an import. Not spreading any import dislike , but the IRS 03-04's and the GT500's with SVT package handle very very well
    exactly. Everything in my driveway right now is a Nissan, i clearly have no import racism.

For that dream to become a reality, need people like you to be educated. There is a reason that EVERYONE who looked at that thread laughed at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Genji-Sama View Post
    Gotta agree, purely on the basis that the GT500 doesn't have those stupid flappy paddles for shifting
    ....I remember when I had this opinion. I literally laugh out loud now when I think about how I used to voice my opinion on something I never experienced or knew nothing about. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    dem be fightin words!!!! take it back or we cant be friends!!

The first thing Id like to say is that in no way did I say that mustangs can't handle. I just said that it has greatly improved of late. Second, you didn't respond to anything but the first few sentences of my previous post. Third, I am quite sorry. I was misinformed about the handling of the Mustang's handling abilities, and was not aware of the facts that you have given. I was purely making a joke, centered around the rumor we speak of, and I guess it was not very clear. I haven't been bashing Mustangs at all....at least I haven't been trying to. They're quality cars(and I've said this a few times). Saleens are sick, and I'm definitely a fan of that Laguna seca model(which I also said but was ignored). I also said in my experience , imports have handled better than domestics. Said statement was a generalization, and Im sorry if you felt like I was aiming that at Mustangs. I do apologize for my own misunderstanding, and thank you for informing me about some Mustang heritage.

Never go full retard

I'd rather have a new Boss over the GT500. Both are great cars though.

But yeah, Ford has taken great strides in recent years making the Mustang do more than just a straight line.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadbee@Forged View Post
    ....I remember when I had this opinion. I literally laugh out loud now when I think about how I used to voice my opinion on something I never experienced or knew nothing about. Good times.

[video=youtube;5qAJQVHzaDg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qAJQVHzaDg[video]
    Don't get me wrong (hadn't seen video yet, just guessing what your point may be) I know the flappy paddles are far superior to standard shifting (i.e. quicker shift, less room for human error, etc..), but based purely on the fun-o-meter, standard>flappy paddles

*about to watch vid now*

EDIT: That build process looks pretty hardcore/detailed, i'll admit, most of it i'm lost at, but still , however for pure fun factor standard>flappy paddles
    Last edited by Genji-Sama; 01-02-2012 at 03:05 AM.

Don't get me wrong (hadn't seen video yet, just guessing what your point may be) I know the flappy paddles are far superior to standard shifting (i.e. quicker shift, less room for human error, etc..), but based purely on the fun-o-meter, standard>flappy paddles

*about to watch vid now*

EDIT: That build process looks pretty hardcore/detailed, i'll admit, most of it i'm lost at, but still , however for pure fun factor standard>flappy paddles
    No the point Chad is trying to make is that you just need to get a ride in either of those cars before you make such a blatantly ignorant statement about the both of them.

I have both ridden in and driven a handful of very fast street cars and but really had my eyes opened when I got ride in a slightly modified 09' GTR a couple months back. Truly incredible ride. Everything about it is just perfect and for the fact that it can be yours for under 100k is just the icing on the cake. The shifting, brakes, the infinite grip, mind blowing acceleration, and of course the gorgeous interior. It all just works.

Before I got that ride in it I had the exact same mentality that you currently have. You just can't say one car is more fun than another just because of the transmission it holsters. But then again I really don't understand where you're coming from because that Integra of yours was an automatic if my memory serves me right.

Don't forget this pic; Mustang around around a Ferrari on 3 wheels:

granted most of the mustangs out there cannot handle for shit. With the right upgrades they are phenomenal cars...and I hate ford yet I drive one. lol.
    The Carbon Fibered R6

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    LOL
    1-UP!

LOL it will if the dumb ass behind the wheel is only use to going in a straight line.
    One Big Ass Mistake America

Quote Originally Posted by AV8ter View Post
    No the point Chad is trying to make is that you just need to get a ride in either of those cars before you make such a blatantly ignorant statement about the both of them.

Before I got that ride in it I had the exact same mentality that you currently have. You just can't say one car is more fun than another just because of the transmission it holsters. But then again I really don't understand where you're coming from because that Integra of yours was an automatic if my memory serves me right.
    . I'm starting to think you just troll this forum looking for a reason to call me ignorant.

1st) I've driven a '10 GT500, it was a blast, but while i've never driven a true paddle shifter car, much less a GTR. I've used the paddle in a 7-series and it wasn't nearly as involved as standard shifting, which is why i said it wasn't as fun, not boring, just not AS fun. I imagine a GTR would be freaking awesome to drive, given the opp. i will, but my OPINION is based on experience.
    2nd) I own/ed multiple cars, some manual, some not. ,so your point?

I've driven a '10 GT500, it was a blast, but while i've never driven a true paddle shifter car, much less a GTR. I've used the paddle in a 7-series and it wasn't nearly as involved as standard shifting, which is why i said it wasn't as fun, not boring, just not AS fun. I imagine a GTR would be freaking awesome to drive, given the opp. i will, but my OPINION is based on experience.

Ok, well here you are comparing a purpose built mustang to a family sedan(very large one at that). I couldn't possibly imagine which one you would have more fun in...

here's the reason some mustangs cant handle.

Quote Originally Posted by AV8ter View Post
    Ok, well here you are comparing a purpose built mustang to a family sedan(very large one at that). I couldn't possibly imagine which one you would have more fun in...
    Yes, there's a significant power/purpose difference, but i was comparing how involved the driving experience was with each car. Don't get me wrong, not saying the GTR sux b/c of the paddles, i'm just saying based on my experience with the paddles in the 7-series, and my experiences with any other standard transmission, the driving process feels much more involved. For me involved = fun and fun is how i choose what cars i would rather own. Not saying one is better or worse. If the question had been R34 or GTR, i'd pick the R34 for the same reason, tho logically the GTR is leagues better, i'd love to own both, but in order R34>GT500>GTR

Yes, there's a significant power/purpose difference, but i was comparing how involved the driving experience was with each car. Don't get me wrong, not saying the GTR sux b/c of the paddles, i'm just saying based on my experience with the paddles in the 7-series, and my experiences with any other standard transmission, the driving process feels much more involved. For me involved = fun and fun is how i choose what cars i would rather own. Not saying one is better or worse. If the question had been R34 or GTR, i'd pick the R34 for the same reason, tho logically the GTR is leagues better, i'd love to own both, but in order R34>GT500>GTR
    This is what I am talking about. You drove a BMW that was an automatic with paddle shifters. That is no where near the same as the gearbox in the GT-R.

This is what I am talking about. You drove a BMW that was an automatic with paddle shifters. That is no where near the same as the gearbox in the GT-R.
    Lol, okay. I recant my statement, til i drive a GTR or another proper flappy paddle car

Ill admit Im a bit of a muscle car racist. Probably due to never owning anything close to a muscle car well ever Honda is much more fun "TO ME". For about half the price when done right.

Quote Originally Posted by bullet67 View Post
    Ill admit Im a bit of a muscle car racist. Probably due to never owning anything close to a muscle car well ever Honda is much more fun "TO ME". For about half the price when done right.
    Here's another common misconception. Hondas are cheaper than Mustangs. Everything for a foxbody is cheap and easy. You can have your foxbody suspension race ready with a hammer, cutting wheel and welder. The parts needed to build a nitrous ready engine cost about $500.

Certified Gearhead

Here's another common misconception. Hondas are cheaper than Mustangs. Everything for a foxbody is cheap and easy. You can have your foxbody suspension race ready with a hammer, cutting wheel and welder. The parts needed to build a nitrous ready engine cost about $500.
    Is that a selling feature. LOL. I like my car to NOT look like a hack job.

Did the previous poster compare a GTR trans to a 7 series Bimmer? WOW.

I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that the paddle shifting in a GTR is on par or better then Ferrari/Lambo/(Insert ridiculously overpriced exotic machinery here).

Certified Gearhead

The majority of V8 Mustangs manufactured are better performing cars in all aspects than every FWD Honda. That doesn't mean the FWD Honda's can't be modified to be fast but financially they just don't make much sense. I used to be a hardcore Honda guy and still love Honda's but I would never build another one. You can build a MUCH faster car with a lot less money going with another platform. I can put 5 grand into my stock Foxbody and run deep into the 10's or have a car that handles and stops like a pure beast.

When you get older and wiser you will learn it is much better to take a sports car and improve on it rather than take a economy car that was built for MPG and turn it into a performance car.

.....if I just had money to piss away I would have a fully restored K20'd CRX just to play with. I don't though so I choose to go with a platform that is more capable.

Honda guy at heart. I will be building one more with a K series motor in it for my son and thats my honda swan song.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast