Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: !!!LIFT HAITI UP IN YOUR PRAYERS!!!

and qd when did i say tht america has done noting to help out other countries. what i was stating is that most americans dont really give a shit about anything or anyone unless it happeds in the own back yard and i dont mind on the mainland i mean n there own state or city. most of you really wouldnt give a shit if this happed n cali most of u would have been like ao well tht gets quakes all the time who told them to move to cali some out the ass answer like that. and speaking of helping how many og have you have volunter to help out any one but your dam self use i was n the us army and dam pround of it served i didnt sit here and piss and moan i actually served this country in peace and at war wht the fuck have you done
    Quote Originally Posted by bodhi View Post
    I know that my first post in this thread made me out to sound like an asshole, but in all honesty, I cannot stop crying over here.... I mean, it's funny how at least 100k ppl are dead, and I just shrug my shoulders. If a 1000 people died in a western city from some kind of disaster I'd be glued to cnn.

I guess not all people are born equal

and qd when did i say tht america has done noting to help out other countries. what i was stating is that most americans dont really give a shit about anything or anyone unless it happeds in the own back yard and i dont mind on the mainland i mean n there own state or city. most of you really wouldnt give a shit if this happed n cali most of u would have been like o well they gets quakes all the time who told them to move to cali some out the ass answer like that. and speaking of helping how many of you have volunter to help out any one but your dam self yes i was n the us army and dam pround of it i served i didnt sit here and piss and moan i actually served this country in peace and at war wht the fuck have you done
    I know that my first post in this thread made me out to sound like an asshole, but in all honesty, I cannot stop crying over here.... I mean, it's funny how at least 100k ppl are dead, and I just shrug my shoulders. If a 1000 people died in a western city from some kind of disaster I'd be glued to cnn.

You quoted me, responded to someone else, and duplicated your post... pure genius.

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW View Post
    and qd when did i say tht america has done noting to help out other countries. what i was stating is that most americans dont really give a shit about anything or anyone unless it happeds in the own back yard and i dont mind on the mainland i mean n there own state or city. most of you really wouldnt give a shit if this happed n cali most of u would have been like o well they gets quakes all the time who told them to move to cali some out the ass answer like that. and speaking of helping how many of you have volunter to help out any one but your dam self yes i was n the us army and dam pround of it i served i didnt sit here and piss and moan i actually served this country in peace and at war wht the fuck have you done
    I have helped but I am not going to sit here and talk about it. How do you know some of these people you are arguing haven't volunteered to help out in a time of need? Don't sit there and assume that you are the only righteous one here bc you served in the military. I am glad you are pround of it, but I will say I am something better than that of you. I am proud of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™ View Post
    yeah thats all you got cuz shortly after that picture you accepted tasteful wheels and better fitment into your life as your Lowered and Savior.

Amen.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

I didn't gather any sense from this post.

and qd when did i say tht america has done noting to help out other countries. what i was stating is that most americans dont really give a shit about anything or anyone unless it happeds in the own back yard
    What you DID say was that you don't give a fuck about the people of New Orleans because "americans dont give a fuck unless it directly affects them." How inhumane is that? Did the people of New Orleans do something to you to cause you to feel no compassion for them? How do you know that they didn't give a fuck? You usually don't make any sense with your post and this post is no exception.

and i dont mind on the mainland i mean n there own state or city. most of you really wouldnt give a shit if this happed n cali most of u would have been like ao well tht gets quakes all the time who told them to move to cali some out the ass answer like that.
    I'm from Cali.

and speaking of helping how many og have you have volunter to help out any one but your dam self use i was n the us army and dam pround of it served i didnt sit here and piss and moan i actually served this country in peace and at war wht the fuck have you done
    There you go with assuming shit, man. What makes you think I haven't done anything? Because I disagree with everything you say? Later, QD.
    Last edited by quickdodgeŽ; 01-16-2010 at 08:32 AM.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Ok, where was this going?

Islander

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    I understand what you're saying. And help in any shape or form is always welcome, I'm sure. But my reference was to the fact that the US doesn't just send off donations. Military forces are mobilized to these disaster areas. Thousands of people are sent from here to these places. People from all walks of life hop on planes and fly to these spots to help rebuild homes and communities. No one from Korea flew to New Orleans. No one from Belgium did either.

Now I don't mean that to downplay any help that people from other countries give to the US because, like I said, help is help and it's all appreciated.

As far as OUTLAW is concerned, it's got to be sad to be his soul to have the feelings he has towards people. Later, QD.
    Yes, Agreed 100%.... in a way, it is a shame that smaller countries and islands do contribute, albeit monetarily, while the bigger countries, that may have the resources (military, equipment, supplies) do not offer assistance.....

No one should expect islands like Haiti, and others in the caribbean to send planes full of military and volunteers to New Orleans, because they simply do not have the resources. It is more often the island communities and people that give with their hearts through monetary donations.

Of course, when disaster strikes abroad, the US will offer the most substantial assistance, as it is also the more resourseful country.
    I got free clear tails with my ride.....

Islander

Quote Originally Posted by Glides View Post
    I agree with you to a certain point except the fact that you are not a country.
    WHatcha mean? Never heard of Petoria? LOL (family guy)
    I got free clear tails with my ride.....

Quote Originally Posted by ISAtlanta300 View Post
    Yes, Agreed 100%.... in a way, it is a shame that smaller countries and islands do contribute, albeit monetarily, while the bigger countries, that may have the resources (military, equipment, supplies) do not offer assistance....
    I wouldn't say it's a shame. As I said earlier, any help is better than no help. And of course the US is in a position to be able to help the world out. It would be ludicrous to expect small island nations or smaller ill-resourced countries to be able to provide assistance on the same scale.

I've been there. Went to a pool party there once. Later, QD.

While I agree that we need to send people and equipment...send billions is just a bailout for a poor country that was mismanaged and had a natural disaster. Where does it all end? I think, left to our own devices, we will donate plenty through charity without the govt giving away money that we don't have to begin with.

Edit: Yes billions is an exaggeration.
    Last edited by 5speed; 01-14-2010 at 04:59 PM.

yeah thats all you got cuz shortly after that picture you accepted tasteful wheels and better fitment into your life as your Lowered and Savior.

Amen.

Banned

I just donated $15 to the red cross, any little can help, and you guys talking bad about what happened and the people there, going to hell with gasoline draws on and that one dude talkin about 9/11, anybody with common sense knows that shit was an inside job everybody is entitled to their own opinions, i already know someone will quote me and talk shit go ahead be in denial and hate and read my signature

Quote Originally Posted by djpikachu1 View Post
    I just donated $15 to the red cross, any little can help, and you guys talking bad about what happened and the people there, going to hell with gasoline draws on and that one dude talkin about 9/11, anybody with common sense knows that shit was an inside job everybody is entitled to their own opinions, i already know someone will quote me and talk shit go ahead be in denial and hate and read my signature

This is brilliant, and eloquent. I am not in denial but awe inspired at the majestic beauty of your words and lack of rep. They resonated inside me with such power I think my balls twitched. It's tough for anyone to judge someone by their screen name, but if I was in a club and they announced a "DJ Pikachu" was going to be on next, I think I would throw my beer bottle at the turn tables.

and that one dude talkin about 9/11, anybody with common sense knows that shit was an inside job
    Lolol. \/ \/ \/

everybody is entitled to their own opinions,
    You're certainly right about that. Later, QD.

Quote Originally Posted by AirMax95 View Post
    I look in this thread and I am kind of lost.

How does everyone feel about hurricanes in Fl, tornadoes in the Midwest, earthquakes/mudslides/wildfires on the west coast? When a disaster hits in America, do you still feel the same way? Do you tell people they are dumb for living in the same area that the hurricanes comes each year?

Religious or not, you guys didn't have to come in here and bash prayer. If you are not religious, leave the thread be. People lost their lives no matter how you slice it. I mean damn, have some compassion. The OP has family there that could be among the dead and you have the nerve to talk shit? This is not the WL.

C'mon guys! I'm not trying to tell you how you should live, but somethings are better left unsaid.
    Thanks man. I don't even know why I posted on here to begin with.

I am not going to do a thing to help, but they have my useless condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by 5speed View Post
    I never said anything about natural selection...? Actually I was watching it as the second plane happened in my math class in 8th grade. I thought it was a bad thing but what can you do to change it. Nothing! All you can do is make precautions for the future. They should be helped though because it simply is the right thing to do. I do not care if it is in the U.S.A or not. Location doesn't make it better or worse.
    I was upset that at a time like this people could shrugg their shoulders. (not pointing fingers at you) All that I was looking for was the comfort of knowing that the Atlanta tuner community would take time out an do what they can to help my family. I apologize if my comment made this turn into something way off topic. But, I'd like to thank those of you that have done what they could.

For those of you who are concerned I'm glad to report that my grandparents are okay. BUT..... my uncle maybe be buried under rubble at a school.

Appreciate your donation. The point that I was trying to make (an failed horribly) was the way we came together. All I wanted was for IA to come together for a common cause an help.

i would love to meet you in person so i could have just a little fun with you. make you beg for mercy just a little fun. show you what you military taught me about torture.
    Are you on medication?

What's funny about that this is, I was ALSO in the Military big guy, you ought to think about what you say before you say it. I'm not some punkass kid running my mouth simply because my parents let me stay on late. I served in Desert Storm and have details in my Service Record blacked out, if you were in the Military, you ought to know what that means. So if you are going to show me what you learned about menacing helpless people tied up to a chair, save your breath.

So let me get this straight, just so we can all understand.

You are in a Religious thread, about lifting and helping a people....and you are E-thugging me over factual history of a race? All I can say to you is "LOL FAIL"

See, here is how this would go down if we did meet up. You would run your mouth, threaten me, possibly even lay hands upon me. And then....i'd dial up the people that protect and serve me and have your dumb ass arrested, put in jail and then i'd sue the living shit out of you because, since you are so fucking stupid, you have already threatened me in a public forum. So I would just hit you right where it hurts the most, your wallet. Then when it's all said and done, i'll wave at you as you are sent packing back to the Virgin Islands and are back on the PC face rolling your keyboard and typing with your feet.

If you learn ONE thing from this, which you probably won't simply because you seem pretty stupid, NEVER threaten someone. ALWAYS act first, never threaten first. Didn't the Military teach you that Captain Waterboard? They sure as hell taught me that when I went through Boot Camp, SERE School, Offensive Driving school and the other fun schools that I got to participate in.

Think on that Brainiac.
    Last edited by Glides; 01-15-2010 at 08:22 AM.

Garage-Sixgun
    If you're gonna do it, overdo it.

Dirty Octopus Photography. Magic with a shutter!

and qd when did i say tht america has done noting to help out other countries. what i was stating is that most americans dont really give a shit about anything or anyone unless it happeds in the own back yard and i dont mind on the mainland i mean n there own state or city.

Welcome to the WORLD dude. NOBODY cares much about shit unless it happens in THEIR country.

If an Earthquake hit downtown New York today, you wouldn't see Haiti sending shit over here. But oh.....we are sending troops, supplies and a Hospital ship.

So honestly, stop your whining.

Garage-Sixgun

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by SPOOLIN View Post
    how about don't live on a fault line.
    Like the one we have running through Georgia?

Quote Originally Posted by PredatorRace View Post
    Appreciate your donation. The point that I was trying to make (an failed horribly) was the way we came together. All I wanted was for IA to come together for a common cause an help.
    You have to consider the environment, IA is very much different from other forums and many people say things more to get a reaction rather than offer anything useful. Think about it, someone has the "oh I could care less" attitude but they took the time to post multiple times here. If they don't care about the cause they care about your attention otherwise they wouldn't post.. so don't give the satisfaction.

As far as Haiti goes, I'm donating now and I wish there was more I could do. I wish every night I'd get that call that our unit is headed that way to offer help but its probably not going to happen. At the core these people are human beings, and not all of them are Haitian. We have U.S citizens there working at the U.S Embassy as well as the Peace Corps that work there continually. Humanity isn't racial, and it shouldn't be. There is someone out there that cannot help their selves and although I'm not much of a person that turns to prayer, i do hope they get that help.

LOL you get reps for that one

Garage-Sixgun

I was upset that at a time like this people could shrugg their shoulders. (not pointing fingers at you) All that I was looking for was the comfort of knowing that the Atlanta tuner community would take time out an do what they can to help my family. I apologize if my comment made this turn into something way off topic. But, I'd like to thank those of you that have done what they could.

For those of you who are concerned I'm glad to report that my grandparents are okay. BUT..... my uncle maybe be buried under rubble at a school.
    I completely missed that your family was there. You have my sorrow for that. It is very sad and I can say with 100% assurity that I would be upset in your position too.

The fact that it was in the Religious section, which is a hotly debated topic, overshadowed the fact that you had family involved and for that, I am ashamed. My apologies for missing that fact. I am glad your family is alright and wish your Uncle to be found safely.

Garage-Sixgun

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    You have to consider the environment, IA is very much different from other forums and many people say things more to get a reaction rather than offer anything useful. Think about it, someone has the "oh I could care less" attitude but they took the time to post multiple times here. If they don't care about the cause they care about your attention otherwise they wouldn't post.. so don't give the satisfaction.
    I know that my "multiple" postings have been to defend the name of this country against an obviously not-so-smart individual. I can't do anything to help as I haven't worked in 5 months. I do, however, really feel for everyone down there. When I watch the news, I am truly saddened by what I see. I'm not a person that lacks compassion for anyone else. Later, QD.

Banned

I understand but not alot of people are on the same page you are on, as you can see

I understand but not alot of people are on the same page you are on, as you can see
    Nor you. Later, QD.

I am glad to see that your family has been found and hope to hear that they find your uncle. I think I just matured a bit from this thread. You simply asked for prayers bc that is what you believe will help them spiritually and I respect that. No need for bashing on religion when a person never asked for your opinion on the subject. I am sorry if I may have offended you and posted unnecessary things. It simply wasn't a time to express our contradicting opinions. We could either give our condolences and/pray for your family or leave the thread.

Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by 5speed View Post
    I am glad to see that your family has been found and hope to hear that they find your uncle. I think I just matured a bit from this thread. You simply asked for prayers bc that is what you believe will help them spiritually and I respect that. No need for bashing on religion when a person never asked for your opinion on the subject. I am sorry if I may have offended you and posted unnecessary things. It simply wasn't a time to express our contradicting opinions. We could either give our condolences and/pray for your family or leave the thread.
    I agree completely. And I apologize for all the off-track comments I made in here as well. Later, QD.

I just want to thank all of you , and I'll be sure to let you know when he is found.

o really come on with the bullshit QD u know its the dam treat when NO got there tragedy the whole of fuckin america was baby sittin there ass for wht 2 to 3 years givin all of them money and shit and wht they do with tht money come to atlanta and fuckin it up more than it already was. and thts a hurricane it gives u warning u know when and where it will hit and at wht time so i dont feel sorry for them if they didnt make the leviess stronger or secure there city so yes i said fuck the people of NO now a earthquake is much diff there is no warning it just happeds notthin u can do to prepare for it so i ask u who has it worst the people of hati or the people of no

Ohh my fucking god, go back to school and learn how to fucking type.

Quote Originally Posted by Got Milk? View Post
    Ohh my fucking god, go back to school and learn how to fucking type.
    x2 I'm not into illiterate soldiers.

Amen.

to the OP. quit acting like you give half a shit about Haiti. If you really did, you would have been down there helping out their poor asses before this disaster.

on a side note, i saw some pics of the aftermath. All I can say is wow.
    It looks like the earthquake caused lots of improvments

let the -reps flow

So this is how you felt about a 9/11 or just because it wasn't in America your theory of natural selection doesn't apply
    Theres a difference between a natural disaster and murder.

Running in the DEC

I am sorry for the late response Glides but I find it crucial that I defy your historical statement. First and foremost this is not an historical thread, and would have no problem teaching you whatever you would like to know, whether that be through text, phone, email, or. Secondly, if you read my post correctly, my direction was not focusing on the deaths of over 13 million slaves, but on the monstrosities American minority civilians dealt with post Civil War/ 13th Amendment. Therefore, because this thread is somewhat sardonic, allowing nothing but sad uneducated internet thugs to dispose their racist comments, I will not entertain the hurtful comments. But what I will, and I repeat will, attempt to defend, is anyone in or outside of this thread that is being prosecuted or inaccurately defined by history; by someone with no historical degree, no field experience, no masters, no PhD, no qualifications, never read an unbiased first hand historical BOOK, etc. etc. And I repeat, this is not a reply insulting the character of anyone in this thread, instead, this is a plea that if we are not specializing academically in a specific field, or cannot provide unbiased commentary on a subject - REALLY how serious can someone really take our comments. Are we speaking through experience, have we studied and read as much as we possibly could; and subsequently, when we make a bold statement, something that drastically infringes on the character of some human being, and we do not take precaution what does that say about ourselves. Is our voice even worthy of being heard?

IA's Pervert

I love how people all of a sudden care about that shithole of a country now that they had a "tragedy." Haiti has been one of the worst countries on the planet for decades, yet no one ever cared. Imagine this : Me as a white american goes to Haiti. What do you think would happen? More than likely they would slit my throat and steal my money. Just look at the Haitians in Miami, they are 99% pure scum. So do I feel bad that their country just got pwned? No. I also disagree with the fact that America always feels the need to jump on every opportunity to help another nation out. We have our own god damn problems, we don't need to be sending all this aid over there, when there are American children dieing on the streets from starvation.

Running in the DEC

Why do you think Haiti is in such bad condition. Have you ever heard of the Revolution of Saint-Domingue? In 1791 Haitian slaves revolted and defeated the French & Napoleon, establishing itself as the only "successful" slave rebellion in modern history. If these men were white they would be celebrated as heroes, but because of their novelty, they instead faced exclusion and all other Western countries refused to trade with Haiti. Haiti was left in shambles, and only allowed to import good; those of us with a background in economics import with no export = pwned. Therefore, the and I repeat the, wealthiest colony in the Caribbean soon became the finest example of Western Capitalism. So, is it America's initial responsibility to help Haiti - not quite, but because our government does recognize the injustices done to this country, I find it fitting that aids be dispersed to a country that is not only close in location, but close in religion (Roman Catholic), and close in their diaspora search (people not inhabiting their original nation.)

IA's Pervert

Quote Originally Posted by REV.olution View Post
    Why do you think Haiti is in such bad condition. Have you ever heard of the Revolution of Saint-Domingue? In 1791 Haitian slaves revolted and defeated the French & Napoleon, establishing itself as the only "successful" slave rebellion in modern history. If these men were white they would be celebrated as heroes, but because of their novelty, they instead faced exclusion and all other Western countries refused to trade with Haiti. Haiti was left in shambles, and only allowed to import good; those of us with a background in economics import with no export = pwned. Therefore, the and I repeat the, wealthiest colony in the Caribbean soon became the finest example of Western Capitalism. So, is it America's initial responsibility to help Haiti - not quite, but because our government does recognize the injustices done to this country, I find it fitting that aids be dispersed to a country that is not only close in location, but close in religion (Roman Catholic), and close in their diaspora search (people not inhabiting their original nation.)
    I understand what you are saying here. The truth of the matter is though, you can not save every country in need. Our country is in a tremendous amount of debt. We are no longer in a position to be sending out all this help. It would be like if I was 100,000 in debt right now, and then a random homeless person asked me for a couple grand; I would look like an idiot to give him that, wouldn't I? America's government has a responsibility to it's tax payers, not to Haiti. Call it inhumane, or cruel, or whatever other term you can come up with, but that is the fact of the matter.

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by The Creeper View Post
    I love how people all of a sudden care about that shithole of a country now that they had a "tragedy." Haiti has been one of the worst countries on the planet for decades, yet no one ever cared. Imagine this : Me as a white american goes to Haiti. What do you think would happen? More than likely they would slit my throat and steal my money.
    Yes because there are absolutely no whites in Haiti.. I've seen at least 2 that are missing from the Atlanta area alone. It's funny how this whole "we have our own problems" sentiment jumps up now but Iraq is justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Te72Rob View Post
    to the OP. quit acting like you give half a shit about Haiti. If you really did, you would have been down there helping out their poor asses before this disaster.

on a side note, i saw some pics of the aftermath. All I can say is wow.
    It looks like the earthquake caused lots of improvments

let the -reps flow

I

The man has a personal stake in whats going on there genius.

IA's Pervert

Yes because there are absolutely no whites in Haiti.. I've seen at least 2 that are missing from the Atlanta area alone. It's funny how this whole "we have our own problems" sentiment jumps up now but Iraq is justified.

I never agreed with Iraq. I also don't agree with Afghanistan. America needs to mind it's own business right now and get OUR shit together. Is it a nice thing for America to help out Haiti? Yes, of course it is. Just silly in my opinion. That country has been a shithole forever, so if anyone truly cared about them, they would of been helped out a long time ago.

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by The Creeper View Post
    I never agreed with Iraq. I also don't agree with Afghanistan. America needs to mind it's own business right now and get OUR shit together. Is it a nice thing for America to help out Haiti? Yes, of course it is. Just silly in my opinion. That country has been a shithole forever, so if anyone truly cared about them, they would of been helped out a long time ago.
    I wasnt speaking to you directly on Iraq, I should've separated that statement.

Well Im sorry for his loss but I dont retract my previous statement. People seem to only seem to be concerned about 3rd wold countries after they get obliterated by natural disasters. Who on this site can honestly tell me they put foward a vallient effort to make Haiti a better place before this disaster? and the same goes with that big ass title wave a few years back. We like to pretend that we care and its bullshit and im tired of it. When katrina happened, Did Haiti give a flying fuck about us? No. And kudos to them. They didnt care before, and they arent shallow enough to pretend like they cared after it happened just so we will think "oh how nice are they"

To the OP. Im sorry for your loss, but it is wha it is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast