Thread: Do you Carry? Post up pics

Wow, if only 93_DA had all the pictures of his guns. LOLOL

No picture, but I have a .38
    "Damn, Its Tyler"
    RaceReadyDevelopments

Proud to be Retrosexual Jaimecbr900's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danny
    Jamie... who makes that 1911 commander that you have? Wanna sell
    It's a Colt Combat Commander, Series 70. I polished the ramp, changed the grips (although I still have the wood ones), added both extended safety and extended slide release. Nothing too fancy, but it shoots well.

For sale????...... You know better. That's one of those that has sentimental value. Can't part with that one. It's heavy, it's blue, and it was made a long time ago.....I think Ima keep that one for a little bit.

I just picked me up another little toy.....Glock 26.

I was also supposed to pick up a Sig 2340 Blueline, but the guy didn't meet up with me before I left to go out of town (I'm in Dallas, TX right now). Hopefully he still has it when I get back and I'll pick that up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimecbr900
    It's a Colt Combat Commander, Series 70. I polished the ramp, changed the grips (although I still have the wood ones), added both extended safety and extended slide release. Nothing too fancy, but it shoots well.

For sale????...... You know better. That's one of those that has sentimental value. Can't part with that one. It's heavy, it's blue, and it was made a long time ago.....I think Ima keep that one for a little bit.

I just picked me up another little toy.....Glock 26.

I was also supposed to pick up a Sig 2340 Blueline, but the guy didn't meet up with me before I left to go out of town (I'm in Dallas, TX right now). Hopefully he still has it when I get back and I'll pick that up too.
    veryyy nice.
    original series 70s are awesome to have. i wanna build a bobtail commander soon i think

and yes, hold onto that baby for alonggg time.
    "The 1911 is a collection of subsystems that must work together. Each part must be prepared and fit properly not only in and of itself, but also with regard to the other parts with which it must operate for the gun to function and appear as desired."

Quote Originally Posted by Danny
    veryyy nice.
    original series 70s are awesome to have. i wanna build a bobtail commander soon i think

and yes, hold onto that baby for alonggg time.
    I thought about really "racing" mine a long time ago. I used it mainly as a pin gun on big bore nights, that's one of the reasons I polished the ramp and changed the grips. Then I got to thinking that the Series 70 is attractive enough w/o buggering it all up, so I left it alone after that. Like I said, it shoots good and is comfortable to shoot. I have others that I can "race" with, so I'm leaving this one for my son to modify if he wants.

I would keep it stock. Buy a series 70 reproduction if you want to build a custom gun. The repros are better made, and your not killing a guns heritage when you customize it
    "The 1911 is a collection of subsystems that must work together. Each part must be prepared and fit properly not only in and of itself, but also with regard to the other parts with which it must operate for the gun to function and appear as desired."

Wow so much tupperware in here. Let me spice it up!

I have more but there on my other comp. I will pull out the collection one day and snap some pics. right now i have to many ar's in the safe to do anything with. i really need to get them all finished up for sale!
    Only two men ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. Defend your rights or lose them forever.

i drive a giant blueberry preferredduck's Avatar

freshly bought today!!! thank god someone backed out and did not show b/c i got exactly what i wanted!!!! glock 23 .40
    Last edited by preferredduck; 03-24-2009 at 10:19 AM.
    Check out my for sale threads!! 15" competition speakerbox, 1TB External hard drive, and plenty of car parts!!!

I Need some WRX, 350Z, 240SX, Really any car owner to let me do R&D for Ground Kits, Please Let me See the layouts!!!

This is what I tote around with me. Holster is due any day now, fucking usps.

Taurus 24/7 pro .40 cal 15+1

Last edited by SPOOLIN; 03-24-2009 at 07:57 PM.
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance
    Daily D: 2007 Dodge 2500 MEGA CAB, Cummins Turbo Diesel

SPACE WEATHER!

Have you actually carried the 24/7 yet? How do you like it as far as shooting? I've heard some terrible shit about the triggers, here and elsewhere. I've considered purchasing one but have always just decided against it at the last minute.

Here is a shot of my small carry weapon; Sig 228. I just picked up a IWB holster for it and I hate it so far, anyone got any tips for carrying IWB?

Tom

i have no cup holder LongLiveH2b's Avatar

oh shit nice 2tone , mine is all black

Quote Originally Posted by SPOOLIN
    This is what I tote around with me. Holster is due any day now, fucking usps.

Taurus 24/7 pro .40 cal 15+1

Quote Originally Posted by SKarpenz
    Have you actually carried the 24/7 yet? How do you like it as far as shooting? I've heard some terrible shit about the triggers, here and elsewhere. I've considered purchasing one but have always just decided against it at the last minute.

Here is a shot of my small carry weapon; Sig 228. I just picked up a IWB holster for it and I hate it so far, anyone got any tips for carrying IWB?

a friend of mine had a 24/7 40 cal and loved it, but he traded towards something a little better, but he had no complaints, i talked to him before i got the glock.
    Check out my for sale threads!! 15" competition speakerbox, 1TB External hard drive, and plenty of car parts!!!

I Need some WRX, 350Z, 240SX, Really any car owner to let me do R&D for Ground Kits, Please Let me See the layouts!!!

I love shooting it, it shoots great, i had a hard time hitting my target with the glock 23 i was shooting, but this one i hit it a lot more. The trigger is different feeling from say a glock but i think its mainly because the 24/7 is single action all of the time except if a bullet jams, it switches over to double action. Lifetime warranty that is trasferable.
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance

its all about grip length and slide/frame thickness. Minimize both and ur good. Slide length is easier to conceal. also, get an adjustable holster so u can put the gun right where it fits ur body the best.

Damn I can't wait to be 21, I wanna be able to buy a handgun and get my carrying permit. This just makes it worse! But nice guns to everybody! I love the 1911's
    The Real E

i looked at one of these used and i really liked it, i want to rent one and an XD sometime real soon.

sammich is my bitch 1000cckiller's Avatar

Always ready to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Resize sig area!

SPACE WEATHER!

i looked at one of these used and i really liked it, i want to rent one and an XD sometime real soon.
    I own an XD as well in .40 and I love it.

I don't think the slide on my P228 is too wide, but I could be mistaken. I have acquaintances that carry Glocks IWB w/ no problem. Maybe it is my holster...
    Tom

Oh shizzle! I read the post wrong - DON'T SHOOT!

Id really like to shoot a SA XD.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Random Hero

Oh shizzle! I read the post wrong - DON'T SHOOT!

thats a shitty knife. but ya, wrong thread lol

What I will carry as soon as I turn 21, Rock Island 1911-A1 "GI-Model".

Life begins at 6000 RPMS.. You will notice an audible change in engine noise, large increase in acceleration and any female passengers will immidiately start to remove their clothing.

I own an XD as well in .40 and I love it.

I don't think the slide on my P228 is too wide, but I could be mistaken. I have acquaintances that carry Glocks IWB w/ no problem. Maybe it is my holster...
    i tought really hard about getting the XD, but my dad is retired military so i got my glock for $399 new, im kind of glad it worked out and i was able to get it b/c as soon as my girl pulled in my driveway before i left to get it her water pump crapped out, so everything happens for a reason, even if it doesn't make sense sometimes. im gonna get a rifle or a shotgun next, then look at a more expensive pistol, XD, or the FNP that is bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000cckiller
    Always ready to go.
    LOL at the hole in his underwear.

I hate being negative, but why would you use slugs for "home defense"? Do you have kids?

narrow hallway and yes two under two
    Hey do me a favor real quick jump back into the gene pool i have some chlorine tablets i wanna try out!!!!!!

I hate being negative, but why would you use slugs for "home defense"? Do you have kids?
    Because, I want to see intruders fly back 10 ft. through a piece of glass like in the movies. Of course!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SiRed94
    Because, I want to see intruders fly back 10 ft. through a piece of glass like in the movies. Of course!!!
    sorry just like with my deer during hunting season i like knowing that they are gonna stay down
    Hey do me a favor real quick jump back into the gene pool i have some chlorine tablets i wanna try out!!!!!!

SPACE WEATHER!

For home defense I've got my 18" 870 loaded with #4 buck shot. Surefire LED mounted below the barrel ensures they're momentarily blinded right before lights out. My Golani is loaded behind the bed for when the 'zombies' come to get us.

My friends who know me well think I'm crazy for wanting to be armed at home. I guess they will until they wish they were.
    Tom

For home defense I've got my 18" 870 loaded with #4 buck shot. Surefire LED mounted below the barrel ensures they're momentarily blinded right before lights out. My Golani is loaded behind the bed for when the 'zombies' come to get us.

My friends who know me well think I'm crazy for wanting to be armed at home. I guess they will until they wish they were.
    yep, my wife sleeps with her Glock 27 on the night stand and i have my Taurus pro 24/7 on my night stand.

I feel for the intruder that comes into our home at night!.

wife and I have GFL's and a ton of guns

-S&W 9mm, SA XD9, Taurus Milenium Pro 45, KelTec p9, Interco Tech 9, KelTec Sub2000 9mm, Mossberg 500 Tactical w/pistol Grip and door breach, Marlin 22 magnum SA, Custom AR15, and a Ruger .22 SA

Glock 26 OD and H and K P30. I also have a Walther P22 but don't have any pics, nor do I carry it.

G23 everyday. No holster (I've tried several. The clip seems to work just fine, I can put it anywhere on my right hip. Debating on carrying a knife... But lack knife fighting skills.
    Benelli supernova tactical at home with 9 ball 12 gauge.

I carry this daily, but it's a bit bulky hanging from my back when I'm on my bike around town.

I carry this daily, but it's a bit bulky hanging from my back when I'm on my bike around town.
    nice chain saw.

uhh i need some land cleared, wanna come over. lol

Quote Originally Posted by preferredduck
    uhh i need some land cleared, wanna come over. lol
    You could rent a bulldozer for a day cheaper than the amount of ammo it would take to actually clear land with that thing. During our last FTX we had at work we worked along side the 160th SOAR. Those guys had the 30mm chain guns on the front of there birds. It was amazing to fly along side them in the blackhawks while we watched them clear a small LZ and then air assaulting out onto the ground. Its an amazing sound and view.
    Only two men ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. Defend your rights or lose them forever.

IA.COM Founder.

I sold all my shit...

All I have left is my dear Glock17 -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -glock17_1-jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Truegiant
    You could rent a bulldozer for a day cheaper than the amount of ammo it would take to actually clear land with that thing. During our last FTX we had at work we worked along side the 160th SOAR. Those guys had the 30mm chain guns on the front of there birds. It was amazing to fly along side them in the blackhawks while we watched them clear a small LZ and then air assaulting out onto the ground. Its an amazing sound and view.
    i know but damn it would be fun to see!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NAMNORI
    narrow hallway and yes two under two
    Quote Originally Posted by NAMNORI
    sorry just like with my deer during hunting season i like knowing that they are gonna stay down

Well, this may be the wrong thread for this, but I'm going to say it anyway:

You may want to do 2 things; Practice with your shotgun more and put something other than slugs into it for home defense.

Slugs will penetrate interior walls like a hot knife thru butter. If you have little ones, collateral damage is NOT an option IMO. There is absolutely no need for anything more than bird shot or a mild buckshot for home defense. Anything else and there is a big possibility that you will hurt an innocent person. If you've ever seen the pattern of even the lightest bird shot @ 20 ft, it is about the size of a large pizza coming from even an 18 in defender barrel. Even if you live in a box, your hallway is wider than 2 ft, and even if it wasn't the bird shot is not going to over penetrate and hit your sleeping child two rooms over. The power level of even bird shot @ 20 ft is greater than most and certainly plenty to stop 99% of intruders dead where they stand if you hit anything vital. If you want to risk your children's life to "make sure they stay down with big buck slugs"......then go for it. It's just not smart science IMO.

Slugs will penetrate interior walls like a hot knife thru butter. If you have little ones, collateral damage is NOT an option IMO.
    True

There is absolutely no need for anything more than bird shot or a mild buckshot for home defense. Anything else and there is a big possibility that you will hurt an innocent person. If you've ever seen the pattern of even the lightest bird shot @ 20 ft, it is about the size of a large pizza coming from even an 18 in defender barrel.
    Bird shot is exactly that: designed to stop small birds, NOT humans.
    Even if you live in a box, your hallway is wider than 2 ft, and even if it wasn't the bird shot is not going to over penetrate and hit your sleeping child two rooms over. The power level of even bird shot @ 20 ft is greater than most and certainly plenty to stop 99% of intruders dead where they stand if you hit anything vital.
    Birdshot is not effective and lacks the power to penetrate to vital organs. This why birdshot only travels through approximately 1 wall instead of 4-6 like a slug will. yes u can kill people with birdshot, but as far as a defense load goes: birdshot isnt one. Buckshot #4 and smaller are NOT defense loads, they are simply too small and lack the power to reliably and predictably penetrate to vital organs on a human.

If you want to risk your children's life to "make sure they stay down with big buck slugs"......then go for it. It's just not smart science IMO.
    Absolutely. Slugs are not ideal for defense loads. They are normally used as special application loads/ long range engagement loads.

It should be noted that your average handgun will penetrate more walls than a shotgun will. As always dont pull the trigger unless your sights are on target, this will help alleviate most over penetration issues. But of course, thats easier said than done

[/QUOTE]

Buy a Judge. Put them down with bird shot, finish them with 45 long colt.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast