Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atheist

IP Banned

Default Atheist

After not really getting too deep into Ran's atheist thread, I thought I'd make my own. Here's a sweet video of how the united states feels about atheist. And yes, I am one. Problem? http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0

And before people start posting "wrong section" I don't give a damn, so just save it.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacŠ
    After not really getting too deep into Ran's atheist thread, I thought I'd make my own. Here's a sweet video of how the united states feels about atheist. And yes, I am one. Problem? http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0

And before people start posting "wrong section" I don't give a damn, so just save it.
    Wrong section and repost. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

i have spikey hair..does that make me an atheist?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

IP Banned

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ
    Wrong section and repost. Later, QD.
    Link to the first thread, or you're full of BS.

IP Banned

Quote Originally Posted by phatboislim
    i have spikey hair..does that make me an atheist?
    And I would prefer people with higher than a two digit IQ to post in here. Thanks.

suck on my shaved hair balls

You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

Link to the first thread, or you're full of BS.
    I guess I'm BS free. Owned twice in a day, man. Man out of all the times that you've been owned (and it's been many), I've never seen you get popped twice in the same day:

Proof link to repost, thus setting me bullshiit free.

This was in your God vs. Science thread. Remember when you posted this with your other name? Lolol. Later, QD.

hell naw say it aint so captain...

IP Banned

I guess I'm BS free. Owned twice in a day, man. Man out of all the times that you've been owned (and it's been many), I've never seen you get popped twice in the same day:

Proof link to repost, thus setting me bullshiit free.

This was in your God vs. Science thread. Remember when you posted this with your other name? Lolol. Later, QD.
    Lol I saw this coming the second I posted it. But yeah, I did. This is a repost made by me, so it doesn't count. And thanks for running around acting like mr. knows it all. Had to blow my cover!

Lol I saw this coming the second I posted it. But yeah, I did. This is a repost made by me, so it doesn't count. And thanks for running around acting like mr. knows it all. Had to blow my cover!
    Lolol. I wasn't "acting" like mr. knows it all. I actually AM him. And a repost is a repost is a repost. And it's considered worse when you repost yourself. Lolol. Later, QD.

IP Banned

Lolol. I wasn't "acting" like mr. knows it all. I actually AM him. And a repost is a repost is a repost. And it's considered worse when you repost yourself. Lolol. Later, QD.
    Ok, QD. Move on already! Lol

You're stupid and self aggrandizing.

I posted

"Machine gun(nery) is a sport and part of his southern culture and upbringing.

You're all putting the machine gun ahead of a person.

He's being made an example of because he's famous.

Some white dude bought like 20 machine guns and an atomic bomb in South Carolina and only got a slap on the wrist.

He's getting railroaded because he's black.

Obligatory outrageous excuse here."

In a thread about TI and you didn't pick it out as sarcasm, you instead grilled me for being an apologist. I'm aware that text inherently doesn't express sarcasm as well as speach, that's why I went out of my way to make it so obvious even the Down's Kids wouldn't miss it. You still managed to, however, kudos.

And no, don't even attempt to turn this around and say "ITS ALL AN ACT, I'M NOT REALLY THINK I'M A KNOW IT ALL DBAG LOLOL" - I'm sure that's half true and you just do it because you like to come to the internet and be an asshat (because you're too afraid to do it irl), but that still leaves the other half as an imbelicic idiot.
    Last edited by The12lber; 01-31-2008 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The12lber
    And no, don't even attempt to turn this around and say "ITS ALL AN ACT, I'M NOT REALLY THINK I'M A KNOW IT ALL" -
    Why would I turn it around? I do know it all. I don't give a fucc about how I chastised you in a TI thread. I put chumps like you back in their place daily and I don't mind doing it. Who fuccing cares what you think? When your wit or intellect comes to within 100 points of mine, then maybe we can carry on. Until then, I'll let your posts do my work. Later, QD.

I just watched the video for the first time, and this is what I have to say:

THANKYOU!

As a young, black man, growing up in the south, I can't count on my hands and fingers the number of times I have been made to feel like and outcast when people gain knowledge of my Atheism.

My moral code or balance between right and wrong is no less sturdy now, as ir was when I was a "christian". I used to feel taboo when people know of my religious view (or lack there of). But now, realizing that there are so many more of us contributing to the United States and the world, I am much more comfortable.

All I want is to be happy. If atheism and searching for the truth will lead to my happiness, then so be it. I'm ready for the journey!

+1 Maniac
    Trend settin'

Banned

well i'm agnostic, and atheism is a form of it, i believe? right?

i just know when i was younger and listening to the christian view points, even as a ten year old, i felt that something wasn't right about it. when i was eleven, i had a friend tell me if i wasn't babtized (sp?) then i wasn't a true christian. and i said, "what if i don't want to be a christian?" then she try to say i worshipped satan.

i don't think you should follow every one else. i mean for all we know the bible could have been written by some old homeless man off his rocker. who knows? you sure as hell don't because you weren't there. you know? i believe all in the seeing is believing. and i sure don't see god.

around thirteen years old, i started looking into other relgions. religion is just something to hide behind when something is not going right in your life.

i dont know, i'm done ranting...

Why would I turn it around? I do know it all. I don't give a fucc about how I chastised you in a TI thread. I put chumps like you back in their place daily and I don't mind doing it. Who fuccing cares what you think?

Apparently you, you replied after all. Wru logic?

When your wit or intellect comes to within 100 points of mine, then maybe we can carry on. Until then, I'll let your posts do my work. Later, QD.
    By putting chumps in their place daily, you mean scolding people because you couldn't recognize a widely employed (and highly obvious) literary device and generally being a supersized buffoon. You are an idiot.

I hate to focus on this, but it really crystalizes the level of your analytical ability. Or maybe you are just autistic so you're no good with anything outside the realm of the literal?

Certified Gearhead

it's ok guys. quickdodge is just an ass. that's what he does.

IP Banned

Quote Originally Posted by autumnk5
    and i said, "what if i don't want to be a christian?" then she try to say i worshipped satan.
    Believe it or not, I know someone who has been told he was a devil by a pastor before. Him and I have the exact views on this subject. I find it hilarious when people come up with the conclusion that you're antichrist just because you choose not to believe in christ or god.

This is kinda off topic, but in my blog I have a lot of satanic posts. And every now and then I get -repped because of some of the things I say. LOL I mean, alot of people are afriad to come out and tell you, but to them. The best way to solve the problem is to say you're into satanism.

Quote Originally Posted by autumnk5
    i don't think you should follow every one else. i mean for all we know the bible could have been written by some old homeless man off his rocker. who knows? you sure as hell don't because you weren't there. you know? i believe all in the seeing is believing. and i sure don't see god.
    This is true. But when you take into consideration that the "holy" church does change the minds of the wicked it kinda gets you thinking, is it the words that are changing them, or is it the fact that it makes them feel good at that moment of time? Thus causing them to stay out of trouble, gangs, drugs, ect.

IP Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    I just watched the video for the first time, and this is what I have to say:

THANKYOU!

As a young, black man, growing up in the south, I can't count on my hands and fingers the number of times I have been made to feel like and outcast when people gain knowledge of my Atheism.

My moral code or balance between right and wrong is no less sturdy now, as ir was when I was a "christian". I used to feel taboo when people know of my religious view (or lack there of). But now, realizing that there are so many more of us contributing to the United States and the world, I am much more comfortable.

All I want is to be happy. If atheism and searching for the truth will lead to my happiness, then so be it. I'm ready for the journey!

+1 Maniac
    Im hispanic, so I totally understand what you're trying to say. I've been like this ever since I started going to church as a child. Which was when I was around 10 or so. I never understood what was taught, because as a child I was always into science and the laws behind it. For a while I stayed away from religion, but it's been about 3 years since I've been trying to figure out why so many people choose to believe in fiction tales told in the bible.

I'm not sure when I made up my mind exactly, but I'm an atheist and I have been as long as I can remember. I simply cannot bring myself to believe in something completely unproven and physically impossible. Some people think it takes more strength to have faith in something of which we have no evidence, but I think that it's used as a security blanket for people who can't handle life. Not always, but often.

To me, religion was supposed to be a set of ground rules for being a 'good' person as most people define it, and to do the right thing. No one was supposed to take it so seriously, but somewhere along the way it got out of hand.

I believe that one of the primary purposes of religion is to dissolve the fear of death- why wouldn't someone want to believe that they have everlasting glory after they serve their sentence as mortal bodies? When people die around me, it makes me pretty damn sad because I know that they're finished. People talk about how they're in a better place, but in my heart I know it's not true. They'll be buried. I went to a young friend's funeral and cried more than his own mother did. It disturbs me that people feel this way. I'm sorry that my beliefs are morbid, but it's this "only today is guaranteed" thing that leads me to work as hard as I can to enjoy it.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this, someone else can respond.
    Mens et Manus
    Course 2

Just go to hell already alex
    lol

IP Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SE-Rious1
    Just go to hell already alex
    lol
    Read my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus213
    I'm not sure when I made up my mind exactly, but I'm an atheist and I have been as long as I can remember. I simply cannot bring myself to believe in something completely unproven and physically impossible. Some people think it takes more strength to have faith in something of which we have no evidence, but I think that it's used as a security blanket for people who can't handle life. Not always, but often.

To me, religion was supposed to be a set of ground rules for being a 'good' person as most people define it, and to do the right thing. No one was supposed to take it so seriously, but somewhere along the way it got out of hand.

I believe that one of the primary purposes of religion is to dissolve the fear of death- why wouldn't someone want to believe that they have everlasting glory after they serve their sentence as mortal bodies? When people die around me, it makes me pretty damn sad because I know that they're finished. People talk about how they're in a better place, but in my heart I know it's not true. They'll be buried. I went to a young friend's funeral and cried more than his own mother did. It disturbs me that people feel this way. I'm sorry that my beliefs are morbid, but it's this "only today is guaranteed" thing that leads me to work as hard as I can to enjoy it.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this, someone else can respond.
    Your on the right path about the reason ofr religion. The sad part is, somewhere along the line a parallel agenda was established; TO MAKE MONEY AND ESTABLISH POWER!

I'm really not concerned with disproving religion as of now because people like to live in a pool of ignorance because its comfortable and firmiliar. Right now, I am on a search for the truth, whatever it may be.

And to touch on a topic that Maniac brushed over:
    I remember a few months ago, I was over my girlfriends house, and she told her mom that I was atheist... ... It was like she was bipolar. We went from joking around and having a good time, to her telling me that I was a "deamon" and the "antichrist". She said that because my screename & tag say "TheChosenOne" that I am a self-proclaimed anti-christ!

It hurt at first, but this only strenghtens my reasoning for not wanting to be associated with people who share the same beliefs as her...
    Trend settin'

Read my sig.
    lol but its so damn hott there and i hate being sweaty
    but you of all should know that hell is hott .....Mexico

IP Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    It hurt at first, but this only strenghtens my reasoning for not wanting to be associated with people who share the same beliefs as her...
    Believe it or not, my mom calls me a devil. I always laugh, because I know im not, but her religion says that those that don't believe in the holy father and that are against him are devils. LOL its pathetic! After being called one so many times, I now see it as a complement! Best way to look at it IMO.

Believe it or not, my mom calls me a devil. I always laugh, because I know im not, but her religion says that those that don't believe in the holy father and that are against him are devils. LOL its pathetic! After being called one so many times, I now see it as a complement! Best way to look at it IMO.
    Lol... I completely understand. Things I have to deal with on a daily basis, some people don't even think about. It's sad to say, but it's so much easier to be a christian in the south, than to be anything else.

Little things like the pledge. I remember in my senior year I stopped standing for the pledge because of the "One nation under god...". One of my teachers had the fuccking nerve to say that I was less of a man because I wouldn't have the sense to stand like everyone else.
    Trend settin'

the bible is a book of metaphors. Dont steal, dont lie, dont kill... thats the main deal of every book in the bible.

i'm agnostic.
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.EM1 View Post
    learn to english

i never stood for the pledge since 9th grade.
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.EM1 View Post
    learn to english

IP Banned

Check this out! LMK what yall think.

ps; im not satanic so don't even ask LOLOL!

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

9. Do not harm little children.

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

Quote Originally Posted by The12lber
    By putting chumps in their place daily, you mean scolding people because you couldn't recognize a widely employed (and highly obvious) literary device and generally being a supersized buffoon. You are an idiot.

I hate to focus on this, but it really crystalizes the level of your analytical ability. Or maybe you are just autistic so you're no good with anything outside the realm of the literal?
    So, by picking up a thesaurus, you think you're able to match me word for word in a literary debate? Yeah, I guess you can. Only I don't need a reference book to outline my responses. Funny how since you've decided to take it upon yourself to attack me, unprovoked, that you should question my intelligence. Yeah, I'm an idiot, because I know how to type larger sized words in complete and coherent sentences with correct grammar skills in place. And I can understand fully what each word, phrase and sentence means. Funnier even still is that your only line of attack is to call me an idiot when how many people will back you up and agree with you? Only the ones that don't like me because (I guess like you) I put them in their rightful positions.

Indulge me, please. Are you one of the many morons that I have words with in the past? Or did your sack drop last weekend and this is your proverbial "right of passage to manhood" in your native country? I truly don't know why you've chosen me to (un)match wits with. Later, QD.

Quote Originally Posted by phd1ck
    it's ok guys. quickdodge is just an ass. that's what he does.
    See what I mean 12lbs? Just another of my bitches talking like she knows how. Later, QD.

QD: I constantly appreciate your use of proper grammar, or at least enough use thereof that you don't sound like a total asstard (like the people that can't be bothered with the extra two letters in "you").

On topic: I have a hard time with Atheism. I think we're lacking a really good definition here. If it is simply people who do not believe in God, it needs some explanation. Does that refer to the Judeo-Christian God? Does it refer to all gods, including the Greco-Roman, Egyptian, Norse, or Celtic pantheons? Do your atheistic beliefs include every single possibility of God that has ever been conceived, including Shiva, Vishnu, or the concept of Nirvana?

If it does, then I would like to know how you gleaned that knowledge. This goes out to all the atheists here; I'm serious. How do you know for sure that there is NOTHING out there? Isn't claiming you KNOW that there is a LACK of something to claim that you know EVERYTHING that is? For example, if I said i had a poster of Elvis Presley on my bedroom wall, could you verify that I, in fact, do NOT, until you come to my apartment, observe each wall, and realize that not a single square inch of wall contains such a poster? Of course not. So what gives you such a knowledge of the universe to say there is NO god?

I'm not saying I believe in the Christian idea of God. Nor do the general Christian values sit well with me. However, I think it's quite a mighty claim to say you KNOW for SURE that something DOES NOT exist, when it has the entire infinite universe in which to reside.

He who has imagination without learning has wings but no feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayda
    QD: I constantly appreciate your use of proper grammar, or at least enough use thereof that you don't sound like a total asstard (like the people that can't be bothered with the extra two letters in "you").
    Well thank you. I believe in using the education that I received so that I don't look like a dumbass.

Now, I'd just assume this thread get back on topic. Someone got involved in an inside joke between Maniac for no reason and this just needs to get back to the Atheist subject. Any further correspondence can be done in the WL as I will not reply to any more crap in here. Later, QD.

IP Banned

Wanna suck his balls now? Lol

I'm not saying I believe in the Christian idea of God. Nor do the general Christian values sit well with me. However, I think it's quite a mighty claim to say you KNOW for SURE that something DOES NOT exist, when it has the entire infinite universe in which to reside.
    Being an atheist is not saying there is NO god or higher power. Atheists disbelieve and denies the existence of God or gods. We choose NOT to believe in one because there hasn't been any actual evidence to prove the theory of the holy father ever existing.

That's exactly what i was asking for. Atheism bothers me when it is a TOTAL denial of a God/multiple gods. That's different then saying "well, something MAY be out there, but until I have proof, I'm not believing."

Of course, in that case, how would you define an agnostic?

And i don't want to suck on anything of QD's, nor of yours, but I also appreciate your attention to grammar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -funny-pictures-apostrophe-cat1-jpg  

IP Banned

That's exactly what i was asking for. Atheism bothers me when it is a TOTAL denial of a God/multiple gods. That's different then saying "well, something MAY be out there, but until I have proof, I'm not believing."
    You are mistaken, dude.

I know you will be harder to beat than others. But here, let me try!

Having a belief in there not being a god is different than know there is a higher power but denying it's existence. Take this for example, you see big foot. You didn't get a good look at it, but it didn't look like your average looking bear.

You then have a belief in it existing, but you want to be sure so you wait for proof to arrive before you make your decision. This would be someone in denial. Atheist would just deny the existence and move on.

Of course, in that case, how would you define an agnostic?
    You wouldn't, it'll stay the same. Seeing as they choose to have the benefit of the doubt and hold on to that belief.

And i don't want to suck on anything of QD's, nor of yours, but I also appreciate your attention to grammar.
    Who said anything about mine? LOL something you want to share with the rest of the members? Maybe alittle fantasy you have marinating inside that brain of yours?

Who said anything about mine? LOL something you want to share with the rest of the members? Maybe alittle fantasy you have marinating inside that brain of yours?
    Vayda is a female. Dude. Lolol. Later, QD.

IP Banned

Vayda is a female. Dude. Lolol. Later, QD.
    Trust me, I already know. I call everyone "dude" even girls. Weird I know LOL.

Ahhh, gotcha. Later, QD.

I'm still not sure I understand. You're saying an Atheist would see sasquatch, and say "Nope, sasquatch doesn't exist" whereas an agnostic would see the same thing and say "Well, that was probably sasquatch, but i'm gonna get some other opinions before I go ahead and tell other people"

Is that basically right? Is atheism really just a basic denial of your senses? Or is it more like having a friend tell you "DUDE! I ****IN SAW BIGFOOT" and you saying "Nah, he don't exist mang."?

The only reason I harp on this is because we can't argue about the validity of a belief if we don't know what the belief system entails.

And yes, I have fantasies about grammatically correct men. "Oh baby, you and I are going to have such a good time! You know not for what you are in store! I have every intention of making you believe no one has ever had a better time in his or her life!"

Yea that's hot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast