Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The Big Bang Theory

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert
    Yes, lots of posts .. but no one really wants to the discuss the original topic in depth. They just think they know what they are talking about, but have no scientific background to explain their beliefs. In other words, pretty much everyone that believes in the Big Bang is basing their belief entirely on faith in other men's words and books, rather than scientific facts - the exact same thing they are bashing other's on. It's the pot calling the kettle black.
    Its working both ways

yet these christians arent supposed to be hypocritical
    Val for President

banned from heaven..

Quote Originally Posted by Hulud
    how is faith flawed?

you put your faith in something because you believe whole heartedly in it

id like to know where the fuck you get your definitions from

how is science supposed to be FACT and 100% flawless when there are things like the big bang called THEORIES

heres the def of a theory

a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.

and heres a little definition of science for ya

The observation, identification, description, experimental investigation, and theoretical explanation of phenomena.

but i digress

the term god has the biggest flaws, because:

A) How many religions have a god? Isnt there just one god to you? So how can that be?

B) He doesnt answer your prayers, its just the natural course of things happening.

C) If "your" god is the right one that would mean that like 75% of the worlds population is going to your hell, some god huh?

D) The term god is used for anything that people cant explain, just like how you people are ragging on others for their belief in the big bang, its just as absurd for you all to believe some invisible camo guy did the same.

------------------------------------------------------------------

So its rather funny to see you all argue about something like the bigbang when theres no way to prove it at all as of yet. Plus the fact that you people who believe in this god are so quick to judge and say the big bang is crap yet you follow blindly in believing in some god that you cant prove exists either.

I mean your only proof is you believe, yet there are plenty of others who feel the exact opposite as you. So how do you think your right? Oh yea i remember you have faith. Just like people have faith in football teams that lose, ill take my chances with being agnostic.

Damn...... VERY well put dude ^ The Big Bang can't be proven.. but Scientist are looking into it..
    but when it comes to faith i just don't see anyways it can be true.
    sponsored by: workhard motorsports. // tuned by

Official Gator Hater Lucky DAWG's Avatar

how is faith flawed?

you put your faith in something because you believe whole heartedly in it

id like to know where the fuck you get your definitions from

how is science supposed to be FACT and 100% flawless when there are things like the big bang called THEORIES

heres the def of a theory

a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.

and heres a little definition of science for ya

The observation, identification, description, experimental investigation, and theoretical explanation of phenomena.

but i digress

the term god has the biggest flaws, because:

A) How many religions have a god? Isnt there just one god to you? So how can that be?

B) He doesnt answer your prayers, its just the natural course of things happening.

C) If "your" god is the right one that would mean that like 75% of the worlds population is going to your hell, some god huh?

D) The term god is used for anything that people cant explain, just like how you people are ragging on others for their belief in the big bang, its just as absurd for you all to believe some invisible camo guy did the same.

------------------------------------------------------------------

So its rather funny to see you all argue about something like the bigbang when theres no way to prove it at all as of yet. Plus the fact that you people who believe in this god are so quick to judge and say the big bang is crap yet you follow blindly in believing in some god that you cant prove exists either.

I mean your only proof is you believe, yet there are plenty of others who feel the exact opposite as you. So how do you think your right? Oh yea i remember you have faith. Just like people have faith in football teams that lose, ill take my chances with being agnostic.
    i'm saying faith is flawed in the views of others, but the whole point is that it shouldn't matter to you because in your heart its what you know and believe.

and i'm not defining theories, im defining scientific facts, the part i bolded is called the scientific method on how to explore a topic and come up with a conclusion, and after many times doing so make a law. Science as a whole is supposed to be 100% facts in the end, ofcourse you will keep disproving old things because you make new discoveries that in the past you could not forsee.

A) i think they are all the same one, we all have different cultures and choose to view him differently, thats fine by me, christianity is what i relate to though and i don't shun you what so ever for being muslim or even believing in multiple gods like hindus, as long as you have strong faith and are a good person you are going to heaven to me.

B) exactly, which is what i said i believe in earlier... i'm a deist, god put us here and gave us the materials to fend for ourselves

C) see point A

D) i have no problem with science, but to say that something came from nothing when science itself states in the law of conservation that matter can neither be destroyed nor created then that theory makes no sense. i'm not knocking it off completely, if we can find more research that disproves the law of conservation and a number of other things stated before that keep the big bang theory from becoming fact, then it should be viewed simply as a theory. i have a large appreciation for science and believe in a lot of what it says to an extent. God is the only reasonable explenation for this RIGHT NOW and denying that there is a greater being regardless of what religious affiliation he/she/it is, boggles my mind.

most of the questions you asked me i have answered already
    2005 Ford F-150 FX4 Supercrew

Fah-Q

No one is "right" in this thread. We are arguing beliefs, and everyone's going to have their own. It's called the big bang Theory because it can't be proven, and many events/facts in the bible can't be proven either. There is noend to this argument, but it's the internet...most of the discussions are pointless anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Specvee
    No one is "right" in this thread. We are arguing beliefs, and everyone's going to have their own. It's called the big bang Theory because it can't be proven, and many events/facts in the bible can't be proven either. There is noend to this argument, but it's the internet...most of the discussions are pointless anyway.
    THANKYOU!

finally something we can agree on something

the bolded is my entire point

let me first clarify that i asked for notes for a reason, cause im not gonna read through 10 pages of shit to see everyones discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky SC
    and i'm not defining theories, im defining scientific facts, the part i bolded is called the scientific method on how to explore a topic and come up with a conclusion, and after many times doing so make a law. Science as a whole is supposed to be 100% facts in the end, ofcourse you will keep disproving old things because you make new discoveries that in the past you could not forsee.
    where did you learn that?

science is about learning about the universe, the scientific method IS what science refers to

A) i think they are all the same one, we all have different cultures and choose to view him differently, thats fine by me, christianity is what i relate to though and i don't shun you what so ever for being muslim or even believing in multiple gods like hindus, as long as you have strong faith and are a good person you are going to heaven to me.
    nice avoiding the question

because according a little book that was written ~1500 years ago it states that bearing false gods means you go straight to hell, do not pass go, do not collect $200

God is the only reasonable explenation for this RIGHT NOW
    ok you're right, im done im convinced now....
    Val for President

Fah-Q

THANKYOU!

finally something we can agree on something

the bolded is my entire point
    ...ur welcome... i guess

let me first clarify that i asked for notes for a reason, cause im not gonna read through 10 pages of shit to see everyones discussion

where did you learn that?

science is about learning about the universe, the scientific method IS what science refers to

nice avoiding the question

because according a little book that was written ~1500 years ago it states that bearing false gods means you go straight to hell, do not pass go, do not collect $200

ok you're right, im done im convinced now....
    the scientific method is apart of science, not the other way around, its how the process of going through an experiment and then finding a conclusion whether it proves your hypothesis true or false.

and yet again reading those 10 pages would do you good because as i have stated i interpret the bible how i percieve it, i'm not a textbook christian; so no i did not avoid the question.

i'll be taking my 200$ now
    while were at it i'll take a hotel or two on park place and the boardwalk

Fah-Q

the scientific method is apart of science, not the other way around, its how the process of going through an experiment and then finding a conclusion whether it proves your hypothesis true or false.

and yet again reading those 10 pages would do you good because as i have stated i interpret the bible how i percieve it, i'm not a textbook christian; so no i did not avoid the question.

i'll be taking my 200$ now
    while were at it i'll take a hotel or two on park place and the boardwalk
    so does that mean you really don't know what you're talking about?

so does that mean you really don't know what you're talking about?
    no

Its working both ways

yet these christians arent supposed to be hypocritical
    The thing is, in this particular thread, I have not talked of discussions of God, evolution, creationism, or any other topic. I have simply asked that if someone believes in the Big Bang Theory, to explain why they believe it and to back it up with scientific facts - and be prepared to answer some very big questions. I have even given a list so that they can be prepared to defend their belief in the Big Bang.

Other than you, I have very little hope that anyone can actually defend their beliefs with facts.

Basically, I don't see anyone on this thread that can say they believe in the Big Bang except on the basis of faith in men's words and books. Which is very hypocritical when the same people call people who do that complete religious fanatical idiots.

The thing is, in this particular thread, I have not talked of discussions of God, evolution, creationism, or any other topic. I have simply asked that if someone believes in the Big Bang Theory, to explain why they believe it and to back it up with scientific facts - and be prepared to answer some very big questions. I have even given a list so that they can be prepared to defend their belief in the Big Bang.

Other than you, I have very little hope that anyone can actually defend their beliefs with facts.

Basically, I don't see anyone on this thread that can say they believe in the Big Bang except on the basis of faith in men's words and books. Which is very hypocritical when the same people call people who do that complete religious fanatical idiots.
    rep coming your way, you have failed to dissapoint in this thread
    hulud and spec if you can prove to me atleast half of those points on the big bang theory then i'll gtfo of here

Fah-Q

Neither the big bang theory, or God creating the universe can be proven. You can choose to belive in creationism, you can belive in the big bang theory, or you can choose to remain indifferent until there actual facts that prove how the universe was created.

I personally believe(or have faith in scientists) that the big bang theory is the best answer we can come up with for the time being. That is my personal belief and I have "faith" in the big bang theory but since it is not proven I can accept the fact that I don't know how the universe was created.

I DO NOT believe in god.

i'm out

even if you strongly disagree with me plz don't quote me or else i'll be tempted to come back

i have an 8 page paper on act 5 scene 2 of hamlet due tomorrow. my teacher is a hippy and i have to make a dialouge between hamlet, jesus, job from the bible, confucious, buddha, and socrates.

aka i'm fucked lol

Fah-Q

i'm out

even if you strongly disagree with me plz don't quote me or else i'll be tempted to come back

i have an 8 page paper on act 5 scene 2 of hamlet due tomorrow. my teacher is a hippy and i have to make a dialouge between hamlet, jesus, job from the bible, confucious, buddha, and socrates.

aka i'm fucked lol

Neither the big bang theory, or God creating the universe can be proven. You can choose to belive in creationism, you can belive in the big bang theory, or you can choose to remain indifferent until there actual facts that prove how the universe was created.

I personally believe(or have faith in scientists) that the big bang theory is the best answer we can come up with for the time being. That is my personal belief and I have "faith" in the big bang theory but since it is not proven I can accept the fact that I don't know how the universe was created.

I DO NOT believe in god.
    You at least are saying that you take it on faith. That is commendable. I would suggest you do some research though about it before blindly believing it.

Do you truely know the reason why you choose to believe in something that is supposed to be based on fact rather than something that is supposed to be based on faith? That's a rhethorical question, BTW. Just giving you some food for thought.
    Personally, I can give more scientific arguments against the possibility of the Big Bang happening than I can for it. Mathematics and physics does not work in the Big Bang's favor. It is a great piece of work for a science fiction writing however - almost to a religious level.

Fah-Q

You at least are saying that you take it on faith. That is commendable. I would suggest you do some research though about it before blindly believing it.

Do you truely know the reason why you choose to believe in something that is supposed to be based on fact rather than something that is supposed to be based on faith? That's a rhethorical question, BTW. Just giving you some food for thought.
    Personally, I can give more scientific arguments against the possibility of the Big Bang happening than I can for it. Mathematics and physics does not work in the Big Bang's favor. It is a great piece of work for a science fiction writing however - almost to a religious level.

Like I said in my previous post, I accept the fact that i do not know how the universe was created. I do not believe completely in the big bang theory, I believe in evolution and survival of the fittest...but the origins of the universe are still a mystery.

I agree that it is a large leap of faith, but atleast the scientist admit it is only a THEORY. I DO NOT believe in blindly putting all my faith into a being that i dont know exists either. I believe that religion goes hand in hand with civilization. It is in excellent scripture to outline proper morals for a civilized community, but thats as far as i believe in it. I think it holds no weight when it comes to explaining how the universe was created.

Like I said in my previous post, I accept the fact that i do not know how the universe was created. I do not believe completely in the big bang theory, I believe in evolution and survival of the fittest...but the origins of the universe are still a mystery.

I agree that it is a large leap of faith, but atleast the scientist admit it is only a THEORY. I DO NOT believe in blindly putting all my faith into a being that i dont know exists either. I believe that religion goes hand in hand with civilization. It is in excellent scripture to outline proper morals for a civilized community, but thats as far as i believe in it. I think it holds no weight when it comes to explaining how the universe was created.
    Read my attachment. If one item on this list of 47 was off a little bit from the Big Bang, life would not exist, so you and I wouldn't be posting. This is a layman's list - it's easy to understand.

Everyone needs to understand the difference between possibility and probabilty. They are not the same. While it is conceptually possible that the Big Bang could have happened and created the universe as it is currently, it is not mathematically probable that it could have happened. There are many basic mathmatic and physical limitations that the theory does not account for also.

Notice - I have not used a Biblical argument at all on this - only science.
    Attached Files Attached Files

So...you're calling yourself stupid?
    you are assuming that I a meer mortal like you pathetic human
    www.fairtax.org
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    True. But where's my sig?!! (lol)

out dat 504, ya hurd meh! nolaRyder's Avatar

where does it say you go straight to hell if you do? its just a commandment...in other words a rule to live by, never said if you do you're damned to hell. the bible does talk about forgiveness...

if you're a avid reader of the bible you'd know that the bible states: "lean not to thine own understanding." meaning dont interpet the bible as you percieve it. that's why we hear about snake handlers and other fanatics doing crazy religious practices based on the bible because they interpreted the bible as they percieved it. has nothing to do with being a textbook christian but understanding the bible goes behind reading it word for word.

just my

but as far as this topic goes, it's just a never ending battle. believe what you want. hopefully what you believe is right for your own sake.
    "...staring at the world through my rearview..."

Just bought a Acura (THROW SOME TEENS ON DAT B!@#H) [official REMIX]

Quote Originally Posted by nolaRyder
    where does it say you go straight to hell if you do? its just a commandment...in other words a rule to live by, never said if you do you're damned to hell. the bible does talk about forgiveness...

if you're a avid reader of the bible you'd know that the bible states: "lean not to thine own understanding." meaning dont interpet the bible as you percieve it. that's why we hear about snake handlers and other fanatics doing crazy religious practices based on the bible because they interpreted the bible as they percieved it. has nothing to do with being a textbook christian but understanding the bible goes behind reading it word for word.

just my

but as far as this topic goes, it's just a never ending battle. believe what you want. hopefully what you believe is right for your own sake.
    crazy fanatics can do w/e the hell they want to as long as they aren't hurting anyone else in the process.

wuts wrong with snake handlers???
    sounds like you got a lil too close to one of the suckers and got bit

crazy fanatics can do w/e the hell they want to as long as they aren't hurting anyone else in the process.

wuts wrong with snake handlers???
    sounds like you got a lil too close to one of the suckers and got bit

no intelligent attack on what i said...so i musta hit a nerve...

All I want to know is who would win in a fight Mike Didka or God?

no intelligent attack on what i said...so i musta hit a nerve...
    i fight fire with fire

you make a dumb comment
    you get a dumb response

Quote Originally Posted by Capt._Ron
    All I want to know is who would win in a fight Mike Didka or God?
    trick question

Ditka is God
    Val for President

trick question

Ditka is God
    Excellent answer!!!

i fight fire with fire

you make a dumb comment
    you get a dumb response
    riiiiight.

if i made a dumb comment why even respond, why stoop to a "dumb" person's level...your just dumb all by yourself. it's ok. all you could do was point out i mentioned snake handlers and put me along with them, who's dumb again?

my comment made a point towards your previous comment with examples and a quote from the bible. so, how is my comment dumb? please tell me since you're so smart and know everything

Excellent answer!!!
    haha

i try i try
    Val for President

riiiiight.

if i made a dumb comment why even respond, why stoop to a "dumb" person's level...your just dumb all by yourself. it's ok. all you could do was point out i mentioned snake handlers and put me along with them, who's dumb again?

my comment made a point towards your previous comment with examples and a quote from the bible. so, how is my comment dumb? please tell me since you're so smart and know everything
    wtf does a snake handler have to do with this again?

haha

i try i try
    I laughed pretty hard at that one. Perfect timing.

wtf does a snake handler have to do with this again?
    its called an EXAMPLE to support my argument...damn dude, do i have to spell it out for you too? next time read and comprehend.

oh, you're only 17...well that explains it .

its called an EXAMPLE to support my argument...damn dude, do i have to spell it out for you too? next time read and comprehend.

Val for President

I laughed pretty hard at that one. Perfect timing.
    haha sweet
    Val for President

considering at around age 18-20 your brain cells peak out and stop producing and from then on out you are stuck with the same ones, meaning right now i have the highest capacity to learn.

no, not really, it doesn't explain too much.
    age is a poor way to make a stab at someone

considering at around age 18-20 your brain cells peak out and stop producing and from then on out you are stuck with the same ones, meaning right now i have the highest capacity to learn.

no, not really, it doesn't explain too much.
    age is a poor way to make a stab at someone
    ^^^where the fuck did you learn that???? wow!!!

so what have you learned thus far since apparently i cant learn anymore and i'm bestowing the little knowledge i've gained upon you...

you're spitting out non-sense without taking in what people are saying. seems one can't suggest anything to someone else(you) who thinks they know it all.

i dropped something real important that you were missing. i addressed what you said on a serious note and all you come up with is snake handler jokes and brain cell reproduction information (by the way, you're wrong in case you didn't catch my hint earlier) when my whole point was you can't just read the bible word for word. if you were a chrisitian and OPEN to wisdom (which comes with age) then you'd listen to what i said about your comment "i interpret the bible how i percieve it"

but, wisdom does comes with age, and i can admit i'm still gaining it since i'm not that old my self, but you think you got it all together, but i'm here to tell you... YOU DON'T!!

so if you plan to attack this post as well...attack the whole comment instead of nit picking at it. just another suggestion...let's see if you'll take it this time .

trick question

Ditka is God
    Ha Ha got to love old school SNL with chris farley

^^^where the fuck did you learn that???? wow!!!

so what have you learned thus far since apparently i cant learn anymore and i'm bestowing the little knowledge i've gained upon you...

you're spitting out non-sense without taking in what people are saying. seems one can't suggest anything to someone else(you) who thinks they know it all.

i dropped something real important that you were missing. i addressed what you said on a serious note and all you come up with is snake handler jokes and brain cell reproduction information (by the way, you're wrong in case you didn't catch my hint earlier) when my whole point was you can't just read the bible word for word. if you were a chrisitian and OPEN to wisdom (which comes with age) then you'd listen to what i said about your comment "i interpret the bible how i percieve it"

but, wisdom does comes with age, and i can admit i'm still gaining it since i'm not that old my self, but you think you got it all together, but i'm here to tell you... YOU DON'T!!

so if you plan to attack this post as well...attack the whole comment instead of nit picking at it. just another suggestion...let's see if you'll take it this time .
    1. the brain cells thing is a fact, pick up an anatomy book, i don't know what else to tell you there.

2. i know i don't know everything, but you haven't understood a single thing i have said either, so lets not get mad at me there.

3. you don't know me, simply put, and i'm sorry i didn't know what you are talking about when you mentioned snake handlers and made a joke... i apologize that you got so bent out of shape about it.

i didn't insult you, i made a joke...

1. the brain cells thing is a fact, pick up an anatomy book, i don't know what else to tell you there.

2. i know i don't know everything, but you haven't understood a single thing i have said either, so lets not get mad at me there.

3. you don't know me, simply put, and i'm sorry i didn't know what you are talking about when you mentioned snake handlers and made a joke... i apologize that you got so bent out of shape about it.

i didn't insult you, i made a joke...
    my last and final post on this topic since its off the subject anyways...

1. there are two types of brain cells, neural and glial cells...one can reproduce...

2. glad you know that. and you haven't said much so not much to really get. i understood everything you said. i never got mad, pointless to do so, expecially here on IA.

3. never got bent of shape as you say...only addressed what you said.

case closed.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567