Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Big Bang Theory

OMG&#WTFAWKK@!!@

i like them stars

IA.COM Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac
    All in all this thread had a very good turn out. the subject might be new to IA but not to the world.....
    i really think we should take a few days off from all this shit talking have one of these educational threads instead.

Weird thing is that alot of people agree with me on this subject... good to know.
    only time will tell..... the human race isn't going anywhere anything soon.

Maniac(Alex)_

You are pretty new to IA... This thread has been thrown around a few times before andit got ugly.. lol

banned from heaven..

Quote Originally Posted by Julio
    You are pretty new to IA... This thread has been thrown around a few times before andit got ugly.. lol
    what the fuck! are you serious? i wanna see the thread.
    sponsored by: workhard motorsports. // tuned by

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky SC
    i agree with that 100%

which is why i do not understand what your problem is with me and why you attack my reasoning
    I don't have a problem with you and I didn't attack your reasoning. I apologize if it sounded that way.

lol which is exactly my point

until they can disprove it, its retarded how they just make up more and more ridiculous theorems that are just as ridiculous in a sense as the bible is to the scientists.

the worst part is that the common man doesn't realize that this is a THEOREM made up by a scientist.

i stand on the religion side
    When I replied to that my point was that its rediculous to bash a theory saying it is "made up" and then say that you are on the side that is 100% based on "made up" things with no proof of it.

Theory's are not "made up" by scientists, that was a completely ignorant statement.

I won't think badly of a man with faith, but I do of ignorance and close-mindedness. Both of these only hinder progress of any kind. And so far, most of the arguement FOR religion has been very ignorant and close-minded.

What if you were raised believing that eating babies was a good thing, yet because you wouldn't educate yourself about it or open your mind to other possibilities you never realized the whole world is against you?

Of course, your first response would be "but I'm not like that", but are you really? And even if you aren't, most are.

Quote Originally Posted by seksehowy

i like them stars

Great pic!! Saving this one. And +1 to you.

banned from heaven..

oh well this threads being sucked in a black hole.... fun while it lasted.

Official Gator Hater Lucky DAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RB26powered
    I don't have a problem with you and I didn't attack your reasoning. I apologize if it sounded that way.

When I replied to that my point was that its rediculous to bash a theory saying it is "made up" and then say that you are on the side that is 100% based on "made up" things with no proof of it.

Theory's are not "made up" by scientists, that was a completely ignorant statement.

I won't think badly of a man with faith, but I do of ignorance and close-mindedness. Both of these only hinder progress of any kind. And so far, most of the arguement FOR religion has been very ignorant and close-minded.

What if you were raised believing that eating babies was a good thing, yet because you wouldn't educate yourself about it or open your mind to other possibilities you never realized the whole world is against you?

Of course, your first response would be "but I'm not like that", but are you really? And even if you aren't, most are.
    theory's are made up by scientists using logical thinking which is the same way religion was formed, its original intent to keep people in order.

and what if i told you that "there was a flying spaghetti monster" (sorry south park joke).

and no religions aren't based on 100% made up things. and the point of them being made up is not the one at hand. it is used as something to act morally upon not to base your critical thinking off of.

you don't have to have science or religion and not both at the same time. like i said, i believe in evolution to an extent and lots of other theories. and until it is 100% proven it is still a theory which makes it made up. mathmatically a theorem is something that works all of the time not some of the time. thats why things like evolution can not be misconstrayed as a fact even though it does look like a promising one, but not until you can find no evidence against it.

the big bang theory is something that is completely made up and has no proof what so ever and has no way of being proven as of now. they simply decided this because the galaxy and universe resemble the anatomy of an atom in the way that the electrons revolve around the nucleus.

so i guess point being, you have to have some FAITH in the big bang theory just like religion, making them pretty similar after all
    2005 Ford F-150 FX4 Supercrew

theory's are made up by scientists using logical thinking which is the same way religion was formed, its original intent to keep people in order.

so i guess point being, you have to have some FAITH in the big bang theory just like religion, making them pretty similar after all
    No, theory is backed by proven facts. They are never just made up. The theory of evolution has countless proven facts that back it, and only one missing link that keeps it a theory.

And the big bang theory has facts to back it also. Granted nowhere near as much as evolution, but facts none the less.

However, there are absolutely no facts that back the idea of a god.

Religion is 100% faith.

the big bang theory is something that is completely made up and has no proof what so ever and has no way of being proven as of now. they simply decided this because the galaxy and universe resemble the anatomy of an atom in the way that the electrons revolve around the nucleus.
    Yes, it has proof backing it, as do all theories. Look at the link in the first post.

9 pages and no talk about the original question? (In case you forgot - the Big Bang Theory)

I'll start:
    Law of Conservation of Mass: Matter cannot be created nor destroyed.
    Formula Page: http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/airplane/mass.html

Law of Conservation of Energy: Energy cannot be created or destroyed, but can change its form.
    The total quantity of matter and energy available in the universe is a fixed amount and never any more or less.
    Formula Page: http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/airplane/thermo1f.html

Basic problem: Where did the matter come from that turned into this universe after the Big Bang? The same amount of matter needed to exist before the Big Bang. Something cannot come from nothing.

If you believe in the Big Bang Hypothesis, you need to be able to explain this question in detail, or you are taking it on faith - nothing more. And that makes it the same as a religion - based on faith. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Now if you want to discuss the Big Bang Guess, you had better come prepared to discuss these points:
    1) Singularity
    2) Smoothness
    3) Horizon
    4) Flatness
    5) Inflation Theory
    6) Missing Mass
    7) The Age of the Universe
    8) Radiation from the "Decoupling"
    9) The Big Bang Timeline
    10) The Abundance of Light Elements
    11) Red Shift Anomalies
    12) Curved Space
    13) The Decelerating Expansion of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert
    9 pages and no talk about the original question? (In case you forgot - the Big Bang Theory)

I'll start:

Law of Conservation of Energy: Energy cannot be created or destroyed, but can change its form.
    The total quantity of matter and energy available in the universe is a fixed amount and never any more or less.

Basic problem: Where did the matter come from that turned into this universe after the Big Bang? The same amount of matter needed to exist before the Big Bang. Something cannot come from nothing.

If you believe in the Big Bang Hypothesis, you need to be able to explain this question in detail, or you are taking it on faith - nothing more. And that makes it the same as a religion - based on faith. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Now if you want to discuss the Big Bang Guess, you had better come prepared to discuss these points:
    1) Singularity
    2) Smoothness
    3) Horizon
    4) Flatness
    5) Inflation Theory
    6) Missing Mass
    9) The Big Bang Timeline
    11) Red Shift Anomalies
    12) Curved Space
    very well put man i agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by RB26powered
    No, theory is backed by proven facts. They are never just made up. The theory of evolution has countless proven facts that back it, and only one missing link that keeps it a theory.

And the big bang theory has facts to back it also. Granted nowhere near as much as evolution, but facts none the less.

However, there are absolutely no facts that back the idea of a god.

Religion is 100% faith.

Yes, it has proof backing it, as do all theories. Look at the link in the first post.
    when it comes to science it is all or nothing when it comes to making something a law, otherwise it doesn't matter. not to be misinterpreted as me saying we should just forget about it but keep pursuing more knowledge on it as a theorem.

and as for me even if religion is a fraud as you state. i for one would rather believe in it and feel complete. i don't understand how you like the outlook that you are simply here to recreate and push on the progress of the world as some kind of machine. If there is no god then what are the benefits of being nice, why not be cut throat and do whatever low down tricks you can to get what you want at the expense of others? there will be no consequences, correct?

i just don't want to be sitting in the dirt in a wooden coffin for thousands of years after i die. a life without religion or a belief in a greather scheme is quite frankly boring and depressing

Fah-Q

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Asian
    LOL!!! How you vomit at a text proving something at the most it can. Remember the question of god does exist or not can be prove or dispproved. It just up to the human being.
    I didn't actually vomit in my mouth, I just didn't agree with a lot of what you were saying. you are entitled to you belief and I respect that...I am also entitled to my opinion.

Fah-Q

i also like how you vomited at what was actually a well thought out few paragraphs even though i don't agree with all of it.

the best you could come up with is, "start makin people and plants and shit?"

and shit... really now?
    not a good way to convince me you are correct
    Alright...I care why? I don't remember trying to convince you of anything

Kind of off topic, but I know Paul and QD will get a kick out of this.
    http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/GodProof.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Specvee
    Alright...I care why? I don't remember trying to convince you of anything
    then don't post here

its a.. say it with me now...
    public

forum

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac
    Who here believes in this theory? I personally believe in it and the theory of evolution.... how many people disbelieve it and how many people do believe in it?

i believe in creation....i also belive you were put here for one thing...

-2001 Lexus IS300
    -2004 Pontiac GTO - 530hp/625ft lbs - 10.62@130mph - Sold!

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    I got five on it, that if this guy ever does meet Evil Goat he shits his pants and says nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by MR.org
    i believe in creation....i also belive you were put here for one thing...

hahaha
    i dunno how you have one rep dude,
    you make me laugh on the daily

hahaha
    i dunno how you have one rep dude,
    you make me laugh on the daily

appreciate it, question is, whatd this peach picker maniac 'evolve' from?
    -2001 Lexus IS300

I got five on it, that if this guy ever does meet Evil Goat he shits his pants and says nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by MR.org
    appreciate it, question is, whatd this peach picker maniac 'evolve' from?
    the amazing mouse
    speedy gonzalez

ARIBA!

Fah-Q

then don't post here

its a.. say it with me now...
    public

forum

Just because everyone can read it doesn't mean I care if u agree with me or not...get over yourself

-2001 Lexus IS300

Quote Originally Posted by Specvee
    Just because everyone can read it doesn't mean I care if u agree with me or not...get over yourself
    thats awesome man

lol at speedy

Islander

wel... this took a nosedive fast..... LOL
    I got free clear tails with my ride.....

I'll start:

1) Singularity
    2) Smoothness
    3) Horizon
    4) Flatness
    5) Inflation Theory
    6) Missing Mass
    9) The Big Bang Timeline
    11) Red Shift Anomalies
    12) Curved Space

I'll start:

1) Singularity
    2) Smoothness
    3) Horizon
    4) Flatness
    5) Inflation Theory
    6) Missing Mass
    9) The Big Bang Timeline
    11) Red Shift Anomalies
    12) Curved Space
    I was about to post something just like that.

I don't see how you could believe that the "Big Bang Theory"(o yeah That sounds real scientific) when there are laws that make such a theory impossible. HA! and people say religon contradicts itself
    www.fairtax.org
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    True. But where's my sig?!! (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Julio

It never got THAT bad.

IA KING

Kind of off topic, but I know Paul and QD will get a kick out of this.
    http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/GodProof.htm
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nice site

Senior Member | IA Veteran Halfwit's Avatar

question about evolution,

if we evolve, wouldnt there be half ape/ppl because shouldnt there be some that are at dfferent stages of evolution, it couldnt have jsut happened all at once.???
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by Halfwit
    question about evolution,

if we evolve, wouldnt there be half ape/ppl because shouldnt there be some that are at dfferent stages of evolution, it couldnt have jsut happened all at once.???
    evolution in any state takes 1000-millions of years... you can't expect to have 1/2 ape people walking around; though alot of people i know still fall into this category b/c they are mildly retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    evolution in any state takes 1000-millions of years... you can't expect to have 1/2 ape people walking around; though alot of people i know still fall into this category b/c they are mildly retarded.
    i know, but what im saying is this, they cant all "adapt/evolve " at the exact same time, and since some would have to be millions of years apart, shouldnt some be "more" evolved?

oh yeah thats what u mean by retards..doh..

IA KING

i know, but what im saying is this, they cant all "adapt/evolve " at the exact same time, and since some would have to be millions of years apart, shouldnt some be "more" evolved?

oh yeah thats what u mean by retards..doh..
    well its kinda like the survial of the fittest as well... all superior races destroy or enslave weaker races... this has gone on since exsistense has been recorded; so i don't think your planet of the apes idea really works b/c man is superior than a 1/2 ape/man... the freaks would of been destroyed.

there is one exception to this rule... the 3 cavemen that still live... GIECO

well its kinda like the survial of the fittest as well... all superior races destroy or enslave weaker races... this has gone on since exsistense has been recorded; so i don't think your planet of the apes idea really works b/c man is superior than a 1/2 ape/man... the freaks would of been destroyed.

there is one exception to this rule... the 3 cavemen that still live... GIECO
    but apes would be humans, jsut not done evolving yet, so shouldnt there be apes at different stages of evolution now?

IA KING

but apes would be humans, jsut not done evolving yet, so shouldnt there be apes at different stages of evolution now?
    no b/c i just told you why... species tend to stick to themselves... you wouldn't find humans mating w/ fish would you? no. just for the same point if there was abominations such as 1/2 man/apes then those who didn't evolve would probably be slaughtered. we slaughter our own what makes you think we wouldn't slaughter some 1/2 breed?

no b/c i just told you why... species tend to stick to them selves... you wouldn't find humans mating w/ fish would you? no. just for the same point if there was abominations such as 1/2 man/apes then those who didn't evolve would probably be slaughtered. she slaughter our own what makes you think we wouldn't slaughter some 1/2 breed?
    okkk.

so were still evolving now correct? jsut at a tremendously slow rate? evolution wouldnt stop, but could be stopped with all todys medicine to keep everyone "healthy"

IA KING

okkk.

so were still evolving now correct? jsut at a tremendously slow rate? evolution wouldnt stop, but could be stopped with all todys medicine to keep everyone "healthy"
    if you believe in evolution then yes we are still evolving, but i don't see how modern medicine can stop all of the chain reactions taking place if we do evolve... it is possible i'm sure. maybe you should look into medicine to keep you from being EMO.

Quote Originally Posted by {X}Echo419
    I was about to post something just like that.

I don't see how you could believe that the "Big Bang Theory"(o yeah That sounds real scientific) when there are laws that make such a theory impossible. HA! and people say religon contradicts itself
    it's all fucking semantics, created by humans, discussed and debated by humans, all in our little "simple" human minds. seriously though, if any one person can concieve of something that's greater than us (either in the form of God or some other power), then we wouldn't be struggling w/shit like creationism and evolution the way we have since the beginning of fucking time (for us humans of course).

banned from heaven..

haha why was it moved?

religion goes in the lifestyles section

Quote Originally Posted by shagwAg3n
    religion goes in the lifestyles section
    thats what i was jus bout to say

note please, so i can join in on the festivities LOL
    Val for President

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast