Results 1 to 40 of 104

Thread: So here we are...Income tax return time!!!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Gods Chariot Vteckidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Atlanta Centennial Park
    Age
    45
    Posts
    33,102
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    I never bought into the gold hype, although I would have loved to have owned it at $500-800 an OZ.

    Right now I can think of better investments for me
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

  2. #2
    Who is John Galt? Echonova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    96
    Posts
    26,989
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    I never bought into the gold hype, although I would have loved to have owned it at $500-800 an OZ.

    Right now I can think of better investments for me
    Silver has actually done better than Gold as far as a return, and the stock market does better than both traditionally in the long term. I also plan on buying back in when the market is low, however I think we are far from the bottom.

  3. #3
    Senior Citizen Dylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Milledgeville
    Posts
    1,885
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Silver has actually done better than Gold as far as a return, and the stock market does better than both traditionally in the long term. I also plan on buying back in when the market is low, however I think we are far from the bottom.
    Silver is definitely where it's at right now. Im stacking up on mine as we speak. I believe it's somewhere around $28 per oz and rising again.
    twenty-two

  4. #4
    Moderator BanginJimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hiram, GA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    7,499
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boostedem1 View Post
    Silver is definitely where it's at right now. Im stacking up on mine as we speak. I believe it's somewhere around $28 per oz and rising again.
    Watch platinum also. It took a huge hit and is trading $120/oz less than gold right now and that isnt going to last forever. Gold is highly overvalued right now because people think it is safe at any price. Also, when the consumer electronics market heats back up platinum will see more action.

  5. #5
    Senior Citizen Dylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Milledgeville
    Posts
    1,885
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    Watch platinum also. It took a huge hit and is trading $120/oz less than gold right now and that isnt going to last forever. Gold is highly overvalued right now because people think it is safe at any price. Also, when the consumer electronics market heats back up platinum will see more action.
    I can't mess with that gold. The way that the demand has risen lately it scares me. It's almost too obvious that the value will drop drastically soon.
    twenty-two

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!