Thread: Romney Pay

Default Romney Pay

He makes $57,000 a Day ...

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Fatality™ View Post
    He makes $57,000 a Day ...

285x what i make in a day.

So?

i really dont get the big deal, Obama was a MILLIONAIRE long before he ever even ran for office, Romney is a couple hundred millionaire, do we hate success all of the sudden?
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

Makes just a little more than me. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    i really dont get the big deal, Obama was a MILLIONAIRE long before he ever even ran for office, Romney is a couple hundred millionaire, do we hate success all of the sudden?
    Only if it's in the form of business men. If it's celebrities or athletes it's no big deal.

Everyone is saying that he made like 30 mil last year, but he only paid 13% income tax which is very very low.

Quote Originally Posted by RL... View Post
    Everyone is saying that he made like 30 mil last year, but he only paid 13% income tax which is very very low.
    which shows how utterly fucking confused you are.

INCOME TAXES is NOT THE SAME AS CAPITAL GAINS

INCOME TAX is the tax you pay on INCOME (IE MONEY YOU EARN FROM A JOB, SALARY)
    CAPITAL GAINS TAX is the tax you pay on PROFIT you make in the stock market or other investments. It has ALREADY BEEN TAXED .

If you want to pay 15% in taxes like Romney, all you have to do is INVEST YOUR MONEY LIKE HE DOES , and IF YOU MAKE A PROFIT, because its not guaranteed , you will only pay 15% in taxes on that PROFIT.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by RL... View Post

Do you know what your effective tax rate is?

Fuckers like this asshole are making to much damn money its not jealousy its just unfair !!

Let me simplify it for you, and please feel free to share it with everyone else you know:

Lets just say for arguments sake you make 100,000 a year and are taxed 35% on that INCOME. This is income you make from your JOB.

Your tax liability is $35,000(35% of 100k=$35,000 to the IRS). You now have $65,000 left over to do whatever you want RIGHT(100k- $35000=65000)? SO you decide to invest $50,000 of it in JOHNS DILDO COMPANY (JDC). JDC goes through the roof and lucky for you, you make $50,000 on your $50,000 investment (DOUBLING YOUR MONEY!).

So when you withdraw that $50,000 out in profit you made from an amazing quarter of dildo sales, they (the IRS) reward you with a LOWER tax rate since you chose to invest your already 35% TAXED dollars in the economy. (THANKS DUDE!). That tax rate is 15%. So , you get to keep $42500 of the $50k you just earned from investing.

Now lets say you take that $42,500 you walk away with after taxes ($50,000 - $7500) and you use that to live on the next year. Youre still drawing a salary like always ($100k taxed at 35%). BUt you just save the $65k. You live on the $42,00, and keep investing it. Lets say you keep investing in this wonderful dildo company, and it keeps paying you enormous (no pun) returns. You decide "hey, im pretty good at this whole investing in sex toys thing, who needs to work!".

You quit your $100k a year job, and continue investing.

So, do you go around and tell people "i only paid 15% in taxes last year?"

Well, now you can, because since youre a smart guy, and you seem to be able to do well in the stock market, you can live off your investment returns which are only taxed at 15%.

But your original investment, which was the $50,000, was taxed at 35%, so , you already paid your "fair share"
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Let me simplify it for you, and please feel free to share it with everyone else you know:

Lets just say for arguments sake you make 100,000 a year and are taxed 35% on that INCOME. This is income you make from your JOB.

Your tax liability is $35,000(35% of 100k=$35,000 to the IRS). You now have $65,000 left over to do whatever you want RIGHT(100k- $35000=65000)? SO you decide to invest $50,000 of it in JOHNS DILDO COMPANY (JDC). JDC goes through the roof and lucky for you, you make $50,000 on your $50,000 investment (DOUBLING YOUR MONEY!).

So when you withdraw that $50,000 out in profit you made from an amazing quarter of dildo sales, they (the IRS) reward you with a LOWER tax rate since you chose to invest your already 35% TAXED dollars in the economy. (THANKS DUDE!). That tax rate is 15%. So , you get to keep $7500 of the $50k you just earned from investing.

Now lets say you take that $42,500 you walk away with after taxes ($50,000 - $7500) and you use that to live on the next year. Youre still drawing a salary like always ($100k taxed at 35%). BUt you just save the $65k. You live on the $42,00, and keep investing it. Lets say you keep investing in this wonderful dildo company, and it keeps paying you enormous (no pun) returns. You decide "hey, im pretty good at this whole investing in sex toys thing, who needs to work!".

You quit your $100k a year job, and continue investing.

So, do you go around and tell people "i only paid 15% in taxes last year?"

Well, now you can, because since youre a smart guy, and you seem to be able to do well in the stock market, you can live off your investment returns which are only taxed at 15%.

But your original investment, which was the $50,000, was taxed at 35%, so , you already paid your "fair share"
    We are talking $57k a day not a year and i pretty damn sure 75% of this money is not accounted for and sits in his fat pockets. Also if he chooses to invest in a company or shares and it should do good id expect that to be properly taxed not give him a break. The government do't give everyday citizens a break when they choose to gamble with their money if they should win.

Fuckers like this asshole are making to much damn money its not jealousy its just unfair !!
    hope that was a joke , because if not, youre obviously too dumb to make any real money.

Hes rich because he invested his money and made a profit. NOTHING IS STOPPING YOU FROM DOING THE EXACT SAME FUCKING THING. YOu could invest $1000 in a company that could make you a millionaire overnight. or you could lose EVERYTHING.

He took a risk and it worked for him, you can go do anything he has already done.

FAIR? Life isnt FAIR. Capitalism isnt designed to be FAIR. its designed those who work hard, and EARN their wealth.

You either can go out an EARN your wealth, or you can be jealous of someone elses.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

We are talking $57k a day not a year
    WHat he makes A DAY is IRRELEVANT. He has A LOT OF MONEY, SO HIS RETURNS ARE MORE.

Albert Pujols makes $68,000 PER DAY for the next 20 years of his life. SO WHAT , HE EARNED IT.

and i pretty damn sure 75% of this money is not accounted for and sits in his fat pockets.
    He released his tax statements, hes not hiding anything. His money is accounted for the IRS knows where it is and what hes doing with it. So youre wrong.
    Also if he chooses to invest in a company or shares and it should do good id expect that to be properly taxed not give him a break.
    It is properly taxed, the IRS and CONGRESS wrote the law, hes paying EXACTLY WHAT HE SHOULD BE PAYING. SO does OBAMA, SO DOES WARREN BUFFET, SO DOES ANYONE ELSE.

dEFINE PROPERLY TAXED? SO you wanna eliminate capital gains taxes and just tax ANY INCOME WHAT SO EVER off of the 35% rate? Thats the most RETARDED THING I HAVE EVER HEARD OF.

People invest their money, TO MAKE MONEY *GASP!*. What if you raise the taxes and everyone decides NOT to invest their money. What if romney decides NOT to invest his 100 million dollars and just stick it in a bank account? Our economy would collapse, and youd have no job.

The government do't give everyday citizens a break when they choose to gamble with their money if they should win.
    what the fuck are you talking about?
    yes they do, you obviously have zero clue what you are talking about. The SAME RULES ROMNEY PLAyS BY APPLY TO YOU. IF YOU INVEST YOUR MONEY, YOU PAY THE SAME RATE ROMNEY DOES.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

hope that was a joke , because if not, youre obviously too dumb to make any real money.

Hes rich because he invested his money and made a profit. NOTHING IS STOPPING YOU FROM DOING THE EXACT SAME FUCKING THING. YOu could invest $1000 in a company that could make you a millionaire overnight. or you could lose EVERYTHING.

He took a risk and it worked for him, you can go do anything he has already done.

FAIR? Life isnt FAIR. Capitalism isnt designed to be FAIR. its designed those who work hard, and EARN their wealth.

You either can go out an EARN your wealth, or you can be jealous of someone elses.
    Since im not in politics i could invest in something for a profit and soon as i got any invested money back the IRS would be up my ass.
    He only has the money he does due to his position and how he sits. I wanna see how much un earned income/profits money he has thats not taxed.

Since im not in politics i could invest in something for a profit and soon as i got any invested money back the IRS would be up my ass.
    He only has the money he does due to his position and how he sits.
    youre just ignorant. Seriously, you sound like you have the education of a 3rd grader.

Politics has nothing to do with it. If you take your ENTIRE PAYCHECK and call up ETRADE or whoever and invest your money TODAY, and monday you sell all the stock you bought today and MADE $1000, the IRS wouldnt be "UP YOUR ASS" for anything as long as you paid the 15% taxes on your profit, which is called CAPITAL GAINS.

He has money because he ran a successful company for 25 years (BAIN CAPITAL) and make smart investments with his money. HE did SO WELL, he LIVES off his investments now (dividends).

Youre angry for all the wrong reasons. YOU TOO CAN BE JUST AS SUCCESSFUL AS HIM if you do what he did.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

You guys , i really dont know what it is. YOu either dont WANT TO LEARN, or you are too stupid to learn. How do you think people pay taxes? You think Romney just arbitrarily picks a number out of his ass and pays it?

NO! There are laws written and he has to follow them. If he doesnt, hes screwed. The fact he has a TON OF WEALTH is IRRELEVANT. His tax rate is "lower" because like most MILLIONAIRES, they can invest large sums of money and live off the interest or the capital gains lower tax rates. There is nothing wrong with that.

you cant compare average citizens making $60,000 a year to a guy making 100 million because the guy with 100 million can take FAR MORE RISKS than the guy with 60,000
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Albert Pujols makes $68,000 PER DAY for the next 20 years of his life. SO WHAT , HE EARNED IT.
    Pujols makes about $157,000/day. On the ten year contract he signed. Later, QD.

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodge® View Post
    Pujols makes about $157,000/day. On the ten year contract he signed. Later, QD.
    wrong. I meant to say 10 years. But you are quoting PER GAME figures.

Breaking down Albert Pujols' salary

Pujols is due to make an average of $25.4 million each year, which breaks down as follows:
    Pujols salary...

per calendar day - $69,589.04
    per hour - $2,899.54
    per minute - $48.32
    per second - $0.80
    per regular season game - $156,790
    per plate appearance (average of 676 PA per season) - $37,573.96
    per pitch (average of 2,467 pitches per year) - $10,295.91
    -www.usedbarcode.net

wrong. I meant to say 10 years. But you are quoting PER GAME figures.

Breaking down Albert Pujols' salary

Pujols is due to make an average of $25.4 million each year, which breaks down as follows:
    Pujols salary...

per calendar day - $69,589.04
    per hour - $2,899.54
    per minute - $48.32
    per second - $0.80
    per regular season game - $156,790
    per plate appearance (average of 676 PA per season) - $37,573.96
    per pitch (average of 2,467 pitches per year) - $10,295.91
    All all that money he will get for the next 10 years of his life regardless of whether he swings a baseball bat or not

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

And guess what, as long as they keep giving out mega contracts which aren't based on actual performance, ticket prices will continue to rise, ticket sales will continue to decline, and I predict we'll see a bubble pop in the sports industry in about 10-15 yrs

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

But you are quoting PER GAME figures.
    Exactly. Which makes me right seeing as how he doesn't play 365 days a year.

But I know this is neither here nor there for the topic. Later, QD.

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    And guess what, as long as they keep giving out mega contracts which aren't based on actual performance, ticket prices will continue to rise, ticket sales will continue to decline, and I predict we'll see a bubble pop in the sports industry in about 10-15 yrs
    not really because they are continuing to make money. Ticket prices may go up, but people are still buying it. TV contracts are increasing, apparel sales are at an all time high, etc.

Theres really no bubble because nothing is being overvalued. Bubble popping means there is something being hidden maliciously.

The only thing that could happen is if people suddenly stopped going to games, but if that happened , salaries would be the last thingto worry about
    -www.usedbarcode.net

not really because they are continuing to make money. Ticket prices may go up, but people are still buying it. TV contracts are increasing, apparel sales are at an all time high, etc.

Theres really no bubble because nothing is being overvalued. Bubble popping means there is something being hidden maliciously.

The only thing that could happen is if people suddenly stopped going to games, but if that happened , salaries would be the last thingto worry about
    I hope the peoples income increases then whats the good of having Sports or Apparel etc.. If no one can afford it.

All all that money he will get for the next 10 years of his life regardless of whether he swings a baseball bat or not
    yeah it was all guaranteed and no trade clause but im sure there HAS to be a health clause somewhere. If he breaks his neck tomorrow there is no way they could be dumb enough to pay him that much money.

The most rediculous thing is that when hes 40 years old they will STILL OWE HIM 25million a year. They better make so much money its rediculous because in the out years of his contract hes going to really cost them
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I hope the peoples income increases then whats the good of having Sports or Apparel etc.. If no one can afford it.
    again you make a rediculous statement that i have no idea what you mean.

obviously people can afford it, they are selling stuff everywhere. Jerseys, shoes, tshirts whatever. i have Hawks tickets but a hawks hoodie is $80, thats rediculous, but every game i go to someone is buying one lol

its not that i cant afford it, its just that i think its a waste of money.

the reason teams keep awarding huge contracts is because sports as a whole is growing exponentially. the money is there, despite the recession
    -www.usedbarcode.net

again you make a rediculous statement that i have no idea what you mean.

obviously people can afford it, they are selling stuff everywhere. Jerseys, shoes, tshirts whatever. i have Hawks tickets but a hawks hoodie is $80, thats rediculous, but every game i go to someone is buying one lol

its not that i cant afford it, its just that i think its a waste of money.

the reason teams keep awarding huge contracts is because sports as a whole is growing exponentially. the money is there, despite the recession
    Id love to even be able to afford or think about a ticket to an event my last damn worry is to buy the team logo or not.

the money is there, despite the recession
    And this is what is killing professional sports. Later, QD.

I wanna see how much un earned income/profits money he has thats not taxed.
    Your reading comprehension is terribly poor. He released his tax records, it's all out there in the open in front of everyone. It's been gone through by god knows how many people now and every single one of them says all of his income is there, properly documented and taxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
    Your reading comprehension is terribly poor. He released his tax records, it's all out there in the open in front of everyone. It's been gone through by god knows how many people now and every single one of them says all of his income is there, properly documented and taxed.
    lol everyone says his income is there riiiiight.....If he should find a lotto ticket for $50 and didn't report it thats un earned income no will ever know about so its things like this that always makes it possible to happen. He throws a little cash at donations and lends to companies he gets all the money behind the back transactions he wants.

We paid Tim Hudson some ridiculous salary, he pitched a good solid two years and then sat on the bench, counting his money the rest of the time. Pujols, Lincecum, Big Papi, all got mega contracts which have to be paid regardless if they have a bad ass blowout season or 10 shitty seasons in a row. By bubble I mean nosebleed seats will be $120, hot dogs will be $20 bucks. Your average person won't be able to afford to go to the game and will have to watch it on TV.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Your average person won't be able to afford to go to the game and will have to watch it on TV.
    Already at that point for me and many people i know

lol everyone says his income is there riiiiight.....If he should find a lotto ticket for $50 and didn't report it thats un earned income no will ever know about so its things like this that always makes it possible to happen. He throws a little cash at donations and lends to companies he gets all the money behind the back transactions he wants.
    $50? Are you really that dense that you're worried about Mitt Romney not reporting a $50 lottery ticket as income?

A little cash at donations? He donates nearly 15% of his income to charity, as much as he pays in taxes, I'd hardly call that a little cash.

What the hell is this "he gets all the money behind the back transactions he wants." Supposed to mean?

You really want to bitch about people not paying their taxes?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...KKJQ_blog.html

We paid Tim Hudson some ridiculous salary, he pitched a good solid two years and then sat on the bench, counting his money the rest of the time. Pujols, Lincecum, Big Papi, all got mega contracts which have to be paid regardless if they have a bad ass blowout season or 10 shitty seasons in a row. By bubble I mean nosebleed seats will be $120, hot dogs will be $20 bucks. Your average person won't be able to afford to go to the game and will have to watch it on TV.
    i think professional sports knows the REAL FANS arent the ones buying $100 nosebleeds. Itll be hard for them to turn their back on those people because the extreme wealthy really dont care about sports as much as the blue collar people.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Already at that point for me and many people i know
    Fatality, sporting events are VERY cheap, i bought tickets to the Hawks last weekend for $10 a seat for some friends who wanted to go, and they say right next to my lower level season tickets seats because it wasnt sold out. the next cheapest was $35 for upper deck. you could sit below for around $45-55.

Braves tickets are routinely $10-20 for outfield seats.

The only truly EXPENSIVE tickets are the falcons i would say. They run $95 for nosebleeds.

Personally there isnt a bad seat at Phillips are The GA DOME or Turner field. Ive sat from courtside to the outfield, its always a good view.

If you cant afford $10-35 for tickets, then you need a new profession honestly.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
    $50? Are you really that dense that you're worried about Mitt Romney not reporting a $50 lottery ticket as income?

A little cash at donations? He donates nearly 15% of his income to charity, as much as he pays in taxes, I'd hardly call that a little cash.

What the hell is this "he gets all the money behind the back transactions he wants." Supposed to mean?

You really want to bitch about people not paying their taxes?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...KKJQ_blog.html
    The lotto ticket was just an example of how money can be un reported. Did you see the receipts or vouchers from his Donations and amount paid ?

I'm always amazed when extremely wealthy people get caught for tax evasion (a la Wesley Snipes). If you got that much money, why take the risk of going to jail just for a little bit more? The thought of Romney hiding 50 dollars of income so he doesn't have to pay taxes on it is pretty funny though.

Fatality, sporting events are VERY cheap, i bought tickets to the Hawks last weekend for $10 a seat for some friends who wanted to go, and they say right next to my lower level season tickets seats because it wasnt sold out. the next cheapest was $35 for upper deck. you could sit below for around $45-55.

Braves tickets are routinely $10-20 for outfield seats.

The only truly EXPENSIVE tickets are the falcons i would say. They run $95 for nosebleeds.

Personally there isnt a bad seat at Phillips are The GA DOME or Turner field. Ive sat from courtside to the outfield, its always a good view.

If you cant afford $10-35 for tickets, then you need a new profession honestly.
    Last time i was there or checked it was a little more than $10 for even cheap seats then after the Travel cost and drink,snack etc...Family Priorities do come first.
    Now if i was baller like some or didn't have a family to think about it would be different.

manning got paid 30 million for not taking a snap, but the colts can release him, Pujols contract hAS to be written that way. I would hope so......

The problem is injuries are part of the game, so i dont have a problem with a guy like manning, who has played so many seasons and already proved his worht getting paid for being out. Because he plays the game is why he got injured.

but, i do see your point. when you have guys who like Grant Hill cost people huge sums of money for playing less than 50% of his career
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Can't we all agree any sports player is well over payed ? Hell if you like the game enough you will play it for 1/4 of what you make.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast