Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Romney Pay

Quote Originally Posted by Fatality™ View Post
    Last time i was there or checked it was a little more than $10 for even cheap seats then after the Travel cost and drink,snack etc...Family Priorities do come first.
    Now if i was baller like some or didn't have a family to think about it would be different.
    Its $12 to park?

I mean you can get chick fil a family night tickets for $25 for 4 people????? Seriously not being a dick, but if youre a family of 4 and want to go to a game, $100 is very CHEAP.

i understand though, some things are more important, but games are really not overly expensive if it fits your budget. Anyone making a decent salary can go.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Anyone making a decent salary can go.
    Yep right there......I'm gonna subpoena you Kidd, lets see your Taxes lol

Can't we all agree any sports player is well over payed ? Hell if you like the game enough you will play it for 1/4 of what you make.
    define overpaid.

They are the best at what they do, so they should be paid accordingly. The teams evaluate ticket sales, food sales, advertising, all kinds of factors to determine how much they can afford to pay a player, and then decide what that player is worth. Some are worth the money, some dont pan out.

but as long as the teams are making money, i wouldnt say overpaid. Overpaid would be someone that is causing a business to go bankrupt because paying their salary makes them uncompetitive with the other "teams".......................like GM workers :P

If every team had a "albert pujols" for $10 million a year, then yes, the Angels "overpaid him". But hes arguably the best player of the last 10 years, so he gets paid a lot of money.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Yep right there......I'm gonna subpoena you Kidd, lets see your Taxes lol
    what do you do for a living? How old are you?

I pay around 16% federal income a year, but im 10-99 so its different.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

what do you do for a living? How old are you?

I pay around 16% federal income a year, but im 10-99 so its different.
    At the moment looking for work cause recession took mine and 27

what are you skills? what job you looking for?
    -www.usedbarcode.net

what are you skills? what job you looking for?
    All ive ever had is Construction and very little warehouse.....

Anyone else see this lastnight, Sharpton trips me up lol

This thread made me laugh. The jealousy of wealthy people in this country is out of control.

Oh, and the whole Warren Buffett secretary thing has also been debunked. She would have to qualify as one of Obama's super rich (more than 250k annual earnings) to have a higher effective tax rate than Mitt Romney.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...retary/252056/

This is a pretty good article that spells out the mystery and lies propogated by Buffett and Obama.

Anyone else see this lastnight, Sharpton trips me up lol

Sharpton is retarded. Hes saying "If my completely wrong and misrepresented facts are true, is it fair".

Sharpton is misleading the public.

The average american pays 30% in taxes? LOL no they dont. the average american pays %15.

Is it fair? is what fair? Is it fair that Romney pays 35% in taxes PLUS the 15% capital gains?

you cant discuss fairness, when you lie about what people are paying. SHarpton is saying that Romney Only pays 14% and thats SO MUCH lower than everyone else. Hes completely ignoring the 35% he ORIGINALLY PAID on the money when it was taxed first.

In allreality, Romney pays more like 50% in taxes (35% TOP INCOME BRACKET + 15% IN CAPITAL GAINS).

Sharpton also got in trouble for not paying HIS taxes, so i dont think hes a qualified source
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

define overpaid.

The teams evaluate ticket sales, food sales, advertising, all kinds of factors to determine how much they can afford to pay a player, and then decide what that player is worth. Some are worth the money, some dont pan out.
    Right here, Mike. It really boils down to the fans fault that sports personnel are paid so much. I agree with the "overpaid" term. I can afford to go to sporting events, but I don't because it's not worth the money to me. I could not justify paying $70 (for decent seats) to see a baseball game. Countless people probably think the same thing about players being paid so much. Yet no one will take a stand against it. If all the fans would actually act accordingly, these team owners might reconsider their stance. You have these athletes that want to quit playing because their $2mil/game salary isn't enough to feed their lifestyle. If fans would stop going to games, stop buying merchandise and stop monetarily supporting the teams, prices would come down. It's really sad, too, because most of the players aren't playing for the love of the game. Their playing for the love of the contract. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodge® View Post
    Right here, Mike. It really boils down to the fans fault that sports personnel are paid so much. I agree with the "overpaid" term. I can afford to go to sporting events, but I don't because it's not worth the money to me. I could not justify paying $70 (for decent seats) to see a baseball game. Countless people probably think the same thing about players being paid so much. Yet no one will take a stand against it. If all the fans would actually act accordingly, these team owners might reconsider their stance. You have these athletes that want to quit playing because their $2mil/game salary isn't enough to feed their lifestyle. If fans would stop going to games, stop buying merchandise and stop monetarily supporting the teams, prices would come down. It's really sad, too, because most of the players aren't playing for the love of the game. Their playing for the love of the contract. Later, QD.
    youre half right.

YOu dont see value in it, but too many people still do. I sympathize with you because some games are just astronomical to go see. I bought tickets to see the braves vs yankees, because the braves had a holiday pack deal. 5 games, 2 tickets to each game. I got lower level 1st base side seats for $42 a seat for the Yankees and Cardinals. THe other 3 games i chose $17 seats because i dont even really care if i go to those games (brewers, phillies, and i forget the last ones).

It came out to around $240 for 2 seats, for 5 games. It was cheaper to buy 5 games worth of tickets to get the lower level seats for the yankees than it was for just buying 2 yankees tickets alone (Estimates are the seats will be around $200+ for anything lower level for yankees).

ive paid as high as $300 for NFC Semi Championship game last year. id never do it again.

If you look around you can find really good deals you just have to look. I dont recall tickets ever being much cheaper than they are now. I think the lower levels have probably increased, but if you arent willing to pay for them now, you werent paying for them 10 years ago either
    -www.usedbarcode.net

the second part is about athletes being paid money.

I do not fault them at all. In every profession in the world we encourage people to better themselves and to make more money..........except profssional sports where its looked down on.

If you are the BEST basketball/football/baseball player, why SHOULDNT you be paid the best. THe best doctors get paid the best, same with lawyers, financial people, IT people, whatever.

As long as the teams can justify the salaries, they will spend the money to attract the talent. Any other business does the same thing.

Lebron James had a 99 million dollar contract at 18 years old from NIKE, he could have retired at 25 and never touched a basketball again. But he wants to win, so yeah money plays a factor, it always does, but very few people do things based "solely" on money.

If you want to make them make less money , then fans would have to support less, watch less games on TV (which is where most of the revenue comes from), buy less marketing apparel whatever.

but that doesnt make much sense to me
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

youre half right.

YOu dont see value in it, but too many people still do. I sympathize with you because some games are just astronomical to go see. I bought tickets to see the braves vs yankees, because the braves had a holiday pack deal. 5 games, 2 tickets to each game. I got lower level 1st base side seats for $42 a seat for the Yankees and Cardinals. THe other 3 games i chose $17 seats because i dont even really care if i go to those games (brewers, phillies, and i forget the last ones).

It came out to around $240 for 2 seats, for 5 games. It was cheaper to buy 5 games worth of tickets to get the lower level seats for the yankees than it was for just buying 2 yankees tickets alone (Estimates are the seats will be around $200+ for anything lower level for yankees).

ive paid as high as $300 for NFC Semi Championship game last year. id never do it again.

If you look around you can find really good deals you just have to look. I dont recall tickets ever being much cheaper than they are now. I think the lower levels have probably increased, but if you arent willing to pay for them now, you werent paying for them 10 years ago either
    I like to keep things around that I spend good money on. A game isn't a tangible item. I also don't see spending big money to go to games that have significance just for the "I was there" factor. Who cares if someone was there? That person is still that person. You know? I don't mind paying $30 for a game, but a bit more than that and I'll have to say no.

As far as sporting events being at it's cheapest, you must have never been to games in the 80s and 90s. I remember going to damn near every Braves games throughout the 80s for about $15 a pop. For almost dugout seats.

the second part is about athletes being paid money.

I do not fault them at all. In every profession in the world we encourage people to better themselves and to make more money..........except profssional sports where its looked down on.

If you are the BEST basketball/football/baseball player, why SHOULDNT you be paid the best. THe best doctors get paid the best, same with lawyers, financial people, IT people, whatever.

As long as the teams can justify the salaries, they will spend the money to attract the talent. Any other business does the same thing.

Lebron James had a 99 million dollar contract at 18 years old from NIKE, he could have retired at 25 and never touched a basketball again. But he wants to win, so yeah money plays a factor, it always does, but very few people do things based "solely" on money.

If you want to make them make less money , then fans would have to support less, watch less games on TV (which is where most of the revenue comes from), buy less marketing apparel whatever.

but that doesnt make much sense to me
    I don't look at the fault being the players wanting more. Who wouldn't. It's the "I'm going home if I don't get my way" mentality that I don't like. I need $80mil a year now because I have 20,000 Ferraris to upkeep. The part that's sad is the people that actually matter in this world getting paid shit, you know? Teachers, police and any other public service member. Hell doctors get good salaries, but they save lives and make millions of dollars less. It's a shame. But that's just how it is now. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

I don't look at the fault being the players wanting more. Who wouldn't. It's the "I'm going home if I don't get my way" mentality that I don't like. I need $80mil a year now because I have 20,000 Ferraris to upkeep. The part that's sad is the people that actually matter in this world getting paid shit, you know? Teachers, police and any other public service member. Hell doctors get good salaries, but they save lives and make millions of dollars less. It's a shame. But that's just how it is now. Later, QD.
    I'll jump in on the sports side of things. I can certainly see where you're coming from, there are quite a few athletes with the "I deserve $xxx" mentality which is annoying, but part of the driving force behind that is that the fans support it through tickets/merchandise/TV etc. The only way that will change is when fans refuse to pay the prices for those things to support those salaries. Most Americans are far more concerned with who wins the World Series/Superbowl/American Idol than they are with whats going on in Washington, so I don't see that changing anytime soon, sadly. As far as the people that actually matter getting paid less, I can completely agree there. There was a time in this country that skilled trade jobs were highly regarded and those people were looked up to, now those jobs are looked down upon and if you don't have a college degree making 6 figures you're regarded as somewhat of "failure" so to speak. I really like what Mike Rowe had to say on that subject:

Well if he earned it he earned it. The problem isn't that he's rich, it's that he's an arrogant small minded asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by RL... View Post
    Well if he earned it he earned it. The problem isn't that he's rich, it's that he's an arrogant small minded asshole.
    Who??
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Who??
    I thought he was talking about you for a second then said nah couldnt be lol

IA.COM Founder.

I like to keep things around that I spend good money on. A game isn't a tangible item. I also don't see spending big money to go to games that have significance just for the "I was there" factor. Who cares if someone was there? That person is still that person. You know? I don't mind paying $30 for a game, but a bit more than that and I'll have to say no.

As far as sporting events being at it's cheapest, you must have never been to games in the 80s and 90s. I remember going to damn near every Braves games throughout the 80s for about $15 a pop. For almost dugout seats.

I think teachers in this country should not be paid a dime more then what they are currently getting payed.. Our education system is not that great.. They want more money, but my kid is still a dumbass.. Weird.. Just saying..

If an athlete is putting butts on seats.. Let them get paid. They deserve it.

And Romney is a bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio View Post
    I think teachers in this country should not be paid a dime more then what they are currently getting payed.. Our education system is not that great.. They want more money, but my kid is still a dumbass.. Weird.. Just saying..

If an athlete is putting butts on seats.. Let them get paid. They deserve it.

And Romney is a bad ass.
    Teachers want more money to have to put up with our smartass mouth kids these days and for taking chances of getting shot IMO.

Athletes get paid to play in their minds so they should stand not sit lol

Lastly i can't believe you like Romney is it cause Gingrich is racist?

Teachers want more money to have to put up with our smartass mouth kids these days and for taking chances of getting shot IMO.
    Smartass kids comes down to parents not giving a shit, plain and simple.

Athletes get paid to play in their minds so they should stand not sit lol
    What?

Lastly i can't believe you like Romney is it cause Gingrich is racist?
    and again, What?

Translated...

Athletes get paid to play the sports they are in so i don't wanna see them sitting down with the pay they get

Lastly i can't believe Julio, thinks Romney is "BadAss" Would he like Gingrich if Gingrich was not racist?

Islander

Quote Originally Posted by Julio View Post
    I think teachers in this country should not be paid a dime more then what they are currently getting payed.. Our education system is not that great.. They want more money, but my kid is still a dumbass.. Weird.. Just saying.. .
    I don't totally agree with that....

If you're kid is a dumbass, how much is it the teacher's fault? If you take your kid out of school, he's still a dumbass. Why not blame the dumbass kid tjat doesn't want to learn or the parents?

Yea I know there are some shitty teachers out there....but have you been to a high school class lately? Lot's of "can't do this, can't do that" to students if they fuck up. Give them extra work and they will spit in your face. Punish them and you may be looking at a lawsuit from the parents.

Back then we would get the paddle in front of class if we fuck around, and I still grew up normal. Weird huh?
    I got free clear tails with my ride.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12