View Poll Results: Is southside's car going to be fast?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 28.13%
  • Hell Naaawwww

23 71.88%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who thinks Southside's Car is going to be slow

Quote Originally Posted by Revmaynard
    He's a site sponsor LOL.
    Wont acquire any new customers acting like that toward people.

Quote Originally Posted by 00CelicaGT
    sure buddy.

southside if i were u i would have stuck wit the LS. it has more tourqe. plus stock B16's are slow and VTEC is over rated
    True, or should have kept the single. That way it would have already been done.

Quote Originally Posted by green91
    Wont acquire any new customers acting like that toward people.

Oh, I agree. Hence the ''LOL''.

Bozzio for president.

sure buddy.

southside if i were u i would have stuck wit the LS. it has more tourqe. plus stock B16's are slow and VTEC is over rated
    LS w/ a B16 tranny and I agree with you

LS w/ a LS tranny no

Quote Originally Posted by @utoGrip
    hahahahaha all you dumb idiots! Southside's EF has a K swap.
    but you can go ahead and assume its a LS.

hahahahahah
    K FTW! maybe we can let the Ks go at it soon.And its not going in this one its going in the Wago
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    1. It gets really old when people keep calling southside a thief, b/c honestly, they have no phucking idea! lol

Quote Originally Posted by T2KU
    LS w/ a B16 tranny and I agree with you

LS w/ a LS tranny no
    I seen a stock ls on youtube with b16 tranny ran 14.6.

sure buddy.

I wanted to see what vtec felt like everyone told me you say its overratted until you have a car with it
    Last edited by southside; 11-29-2008 at 09:26 AM.
    1. It gets really old when people keep calling southside a thief, b/c honestly, they have no phucking idea! lol

There is an associated small increase in rotating mass, but otherwise there's really no downside to having VTEC.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrolang
    There is an associated small increase in rotating mass, but otherwise there's really no downside to having VTEC.
    alot of people say talk bad about b16 but less torque means less spinning.I seen a fully built b16 with like 130-140tq

B16 isnt the only vtec engine though, not all of them are torqueless wonders. I personally just cant stand the power band of the b16.

B16=77mm stroke which =

The B16A was designed for 1600cc class racing in Japan, and it whooped ass up until the release of the B16B.

The stroke is 77.4 btw.

B16 is a great starting engine to upgrade

lol .4 is such a huge difference

I like how everyone is on this "b16 are the slowest" bandwagon after they seen Jermaine and Alan's video. Jermaine's B16 is not the healthiest motor around (ain't that right Green91), so his car doesn't represent every b16 car on the road. Everyone should of seen Jfrolang's b16 before he went boost, he would actually keep up with Toonz GSR swapped Hf. Look at my car, I fuck up launches and still trap at 93mph and run low 15's (cuz I suck at draggin, but my car's a beast LOL). In addition, I put a few cars on a LS swap civic recently after giving up 2 cars at the beginning of the run. Yes, B16s lack torque, but if you own a N/A d-series, you have no room to talk, since we have same amount of torque, but like atleast 30 more hp than you LOL.

They only motors better than a b16 in a EF is a GSR, Type R, B20Z and Hybrid motors (not including the least common swaps like the H/F's).

lol .4 is such a hughe difference

Let say, you went to a store and you change was $1.40 and the person only gave you $1 back. You'll bitch about your quarter, nickel, and dime.

#1) i told him it needed rebuild when i sold it to him for dirt cheap.

#2) i dont even like most healthy b16, it really sucks to not have any power until 5500+rpm. thats part of the reason i went back to my boosted sohc. infact, ive yet to race a n/a b16 that can beat my boosted sohc.

Out the game again!!

#2) i dont even like most healthy b16, it really sucks to not have any power until 5500+rpm. thats part of the reason i went back to my boosted sohc. infact, ive yet to race a n/a b16 that can beat my boosted sohc.
    my neon has a b16 and it pulls hard i think j/k carry on
    Soon!!

Don't get butt hurt. Jermaine is content with the swap and that's all that matters.

Also, I would hope your boosted z6 would beat a n/a b16. Shit a boosted d15b2 should beat a n/a b16. What's your point for the comparison? That's like comparing apple to oranges. Now put your d16z6 turbo vs another b16 turbo like Jfrolang's and see the result. Per dollar, a boosted d-series is cheaper than a b16 hp wise, but the potential is limited since it's market isn't as large as the b-series market.

Im not butt hurt, i just dont see any point in making the jab.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdare23
    Also, I would hope your boosted z6 would beat a n/a b16. Shit a boosted d15b2 should beat a n/a b16. What's your point for the comparison? That's like comparing apple to oranges. Now put your d16z6 turbo vs another b16 turbo like Jfrolang's and see the result. Per dollar, a boosted d-series is cheaper than a b16 hp wise, but the potential is limited since it's market isn't as large as the b-series market.
    Potential is only good if you want to maximize it. 800whp sohc.. not likely. But for sub-400whp (which honestly is more than you could possible use in a steer car) its hard to touch. While the support for the Bs is great, d-series have made great improvements over the last couple of years and there are comparable parts. Everyone just assumes that b-series is the king of everything.

Im not butt hurt, i just dont see any point in making the jab.

It wasn't a jab, you just took it that way

You could easily end this blasting of JDMJAYDC2 and b16s by just cosigning and saying the motor isn't in the best condition form. Now everyone uses his motor as a basis for all b16s which is not. That's the only reason behind stating what I did. Plus, you know and everyone else who is a true EF enthusiast knows that they are better than any d-series and non-vtec series motor (with the exception of a b20z) in N/A form.

Potential is only good if you want to maximize it. 800whp sohc.. not likely. But for sub-400whp (which honestly is more than you could possible use in a steer car) its hard to touch. While the support for the Bs is great, d-series have made great improvements over the last couple of years and there are comparable parts. Everyone just assumes that b-series is the king of everything.

Don't get me wrong, I love D-series. I always wanted to build a n/a d-series (Bisi is my role model), but I always thought of building high hp d-series as taking risks. Boosting a stock d-series to 215-250hp is like revving a stock rod no arp rod bolt LS/Vtec to 8200 everytime. It can be done, but that's not really a chance I want to take I do like the fact that if you do go into a d-series, all the parts are alot cheaper. I gotta crown the B-series king because of all the R/D that every aftermarket company put into them, but that doesn't matter soon since d's and b's are the motor of yesterday.

I think of B-series engines as the Small Block Chevy of the import world, and the K-series is like the newer LSx engines.

There will always be people rocking the B, especially in an EF, just like if you look under the hood of the old GM muscle cars, it's more often a SBC than an LSx.

D-series though, is like the slant six, you only stick with it if you're broke.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrolang
    I think of B-series engines as the Small Block Chevy of the import world, and the K-series is like the newer LSx engines.

There will always be people rocking the B, especially in an EF, just like if you look under the hood of the old GM muscle cars, it's more often a SBC than an LSx.

D-series though, is like the slant six, you only stick with it if you're broke.
    Yes i understand the b-series bandwagon is just like a sbc 350.. they are everywhere. however not everyone that runs a d is broke, myself included.

Yes i understand the b-series bandwagon is just like a sbc 350.. they are everywhere. however not everyone that runs a d is broke, myself included.
    i can agree with chris on this entire statement.

i rode in the car with jermaine the night he raced alan, i can honestly say it pulled hard. im not basing my opinion on a B16 from his and Alans race. i just dont really care for the b16 since everyone has one, i have rode in plenty EF's, EG's and etc... hat had B16's in them and was not impressed. most only had I/H/E, a few had some cam's and pistons, and 1 was even boosted. the boost car was the only one that impressed me, but thats because it had a turbo on it. i guess since i dare to be different is why i dont care for them. when i used to street race i beet plenty on the street in my celica which is a GT and is rated 140hp/140trq, maybe that's why im not impressed IDK.

i personally like my "D"... i like it for the simple fact that it's not all over the street, before i even got the car i was planing a swap for it. but when i first got the car and drove it i was very surprised with the power of the car and it's power band. no matter wat gear or RPM the the car will pull all the way to rev limiter. now iv'e fallen victom to the B series bug but that was month's ago when people weren't building LS/VTEC's all over atlanta, now that im almost done im not sure i even want to put it in the hatch. Alan can even chime in and tell u that i have been tosing the idea around of selling the motor. but i still haven't made up my mind, i have even been tosing the idea around of puting a K24 that im about to buy this week and putting it in the hatch, all because i dare to be different.

i have seen plenty of semi built "D's" in EG's and EF's keep up with and some even pass B16's and GSR's that were in the same kind of car's. even Tom Hornsbe will tell u his "D" would run with some of the quickest B series car on the street. iv'e seen him out run mustangs when he had his white EF with a "D" in it.

but in the end it all boils down to the good ol saying... TO EACH HIS OWN

I've heard of his lil' NA D spittin' on some b's.

Bozzio for president.

I've heard of his lil' NA D sHittin' on some b's.

fixed

i can agree with chris on this entire statement.

i rode in the car with jermaine the night he raced alan, i can honestly say it pulled hard. im not basing my opinion on a B16 from his and Alans race. i just dont really care for the b16 since everyone has one, i have rode in plenty EF's, EG's and etc... hat had B16's in them and was not impressed. most only had I/H/E, a few had some cam's and pistons, and 1 was even boosted. the boost car was the only one that impressed me, but thats because it had a turbo on it. i guess since i dare to be different is why i dont care for them. when i used to street race i beet plenty on the street in my celica which is a GT and is rated 140hp/140trq, maybe that's why im not impressed IDK.

i personally like my "D"... i like it for the simple fact that it's not all over the street, before i even got the car i was planing a swap for it. but when i first got the car and drove it i was very surprised with the power of the car and it's power band. no matter wat gear or RPM the the car will pull all the way to rev limiter. now iv'e fallen victom to the B series bug but that was month's ago when people weren't building LS/VTEC's all over atlanta, now that im almost done im not sure i even want to put it in the hatch. Alan can even chime in and tell u that i have been tosing the idea around of selling the motor. but i still haven't made up my mind, i have even been tosing the idea around of puting a K24 that im about to buy this week and putting it in the hatch, all because i dare to be different.

i have seen plenty of semi built "D's" in EG's and EF's keep up with and some even pass B16's and GSR's that were in the same kind of car's. even Tom Hornsbe will tell u his "D" would run with some of the quickest B series car on the street. iv'e seen him out run mustangs when he had his white EF with a "D" in it.

but in the end it all boils down to the good ol saying... TO EACH HIS OWN

Jermaine's car pulled hard to you You are not easily impressed then

You like the powerband of your zc, but don't like b16s A b16 is basically a d-series motor until you hit your crossover point, then it's a out performs any d-series to it's redline of 8200. So wouldn't a b16 powerband be atleast as good, if not better than a d-series.

As for these b16 killers, cool. I would hope a modded d-series could pull atleast a stock b16, but you level the playing field with the same mods, then b16 all day. Plus, Tom been in the game for a min, so I would bet he's a hellva driver to. Most of the time the driver mod is this best mod you can do for you car. For an example, my 1st time at the track I ran a 15.1, cool. My homie, that did my swap ran a 15.1 in my car missing 3rd gear. The driver mod is a bitch isn't it

Yea....Tom is a hell of a driver. LOL

Bozzio for president.

zzzzzz.............ccccccccccccc!!!!!1

nah but for real, anyone who bases that video of me and jermaine as a zc to b16 comparison is an idiot because my zc isn't stock

UPROOT Photography FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Oz10 View Post
    I'm a straight guy, but I know my way around a dick.

Guess who checks in, Mr. B16 killer himself.

Yea....Tom is a hell of a driver. LOL
    I was waiting on someone to state that!Tom is crazy he took my friend on a ride around the shop in his eg.He was flying around the shop, said he was trying to heat his tires up first then make it step out .But someone told me the other day Tom gave a bike hell from a light on Tara Blvd one night.Guy said "I didn't think Tom would do it,But the bike kept revving"."Then the light turned green Tom gave that 600 hell until 3rd gear.

Jermaine's car pulled hard to you You are not easily impressed then

You like the powerband of your zc, but don't like b16s A b16 is basically a d-series motor until you hit your crossover point, then it's a out performs any d-series to it's redline of 8200. So wouldn't a b16 powerband be atleast as good, if not better than a d-series.

As for these b16 killers, cool. I would hope a modded d-series could pull atleast a stock b16, but you level the playing field with the same mods, then b16 all day. Plus, Tom been in the game for a min, so I would bet he's a hellva driver to. Most of the time the driver mod is this best mod you can do for you car. For an example, my 1st time at the track I ran a 15.1, cool. My homie, that did my swap ran a 15.1 in my car missing 3rd gear. The driver mod is a bitch isn't it
    A Lot of people don't realize that my cousin that taught me some stuff about racing,he can drive a lot of people start jaw dropping after they ask him to pop his hood and see a b16,With just a cai they go crazy all you see is .That's why I say better driver will always get it done no matter what setup.Because he beat a Modded Type-R because the guy kept spinning.My other friend couldn't beat a h22 accord in his SER my cousin drove it and put about a car on the accord.On green91 side I have seen a sohc zc back in the days.The one ef that made me become a EF Enthusiast

Mod vs Mod, yes a b16 will outperform a d-series engine. No contest there. BUT level the playing field, mod for mod, a b16 will already typically be approx $2,000 higher due to the cost of the swap, mounts, linkage, axles etc. Invest that money in a D, and dollar vs dollar the b-series cant keep up.

N/A can be quick too, my other EF (when owned by its previous owner) ran 12s on a d16a6 N/A.

I dont think it will cost 2k for the swap if you unless your buying it from hmotors.But you can find b16s for like 400-800$ but I get what you are saying.But d16a6 N/A running 12's imma need proof.Because my friend in Florida has a built Poor Man Type-R and he runs 11.8 on slicks

I believe he was putting down around 190whp with it, lemme see if i can find the info again. I havent even talked to the guy in a while since i bought the car lol.

EDIT:
    f/s 89 civic race car
    he talks about the sohc setup he had in the car in this thread.

I believe he was putting down around 190whp with it, lemme see if i can find the info again. I havent even talked to the guy in a while since i bought the car lol.

EDIT:
    f/s 89 civic race car
    he talks about the sohc setup he had in the car in this thread.
    I still cant believe that I mean I would have to see it to believe it.But on 22in slicks I wouldnt doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by southside
    A Lot of people don't realize that my cousin that taught me some stuff about racing,he can drive a lot of people start jaw dropping after they ask him to pop his hood and see a b16,With just a cai they go crazy all you see is .That's why I say better driver will always get it done no matter what setup.Because he beat a Modded Type-R because the guy kept spinning.My other friend couldn't beat a h22 accord in his SER my cousin drove it and put about a car on the accord.On green91 side I have seen a sohc zc back in the days.The one ef that made me become a EF Enthusiast
    Cool, your cousin can drive!

Question of the day is can you drive?

Cool, your cousin can drive!

Question of the day is can you drive?
    Yea I get that all the time.And yea I can drive too RUNS IN THE FAMILY

Out the game again!!

Quote Originally Posted by southside
    Yea I get that all the time.And yea I can drive too RUNS IN THE FAMILY
    does that mean i can drive since were are play cousins lmao
    Soon!!

Mod vs Mod, yes a b16 will outperform a d-series engine. No contest there. BUT level the playing field, mod for mod, a b16 will already typically be approx $2,000 higher due to the cost of the swap, mounts, linkage, axles etc. Invest that money in a D, and dollar vs dollar the b-series cant keep up.

N/A can be quick too, my other EF (when owned by its previous owner) ran 12s on a d16a6 N/A.

The point of a swap is raise you baseline and replace that beat up, smoking d-series in your EF. Dollar for dollar I highly doubt that you will be better off with a d-series unless youre stating with a Si. Why?

1. Most EFs motors are beat to death
    2. Most EFs come with a 8 valve d-series or a d15b2

So you gotta do a swap, you can a) get a cheap motor off the street (and risk getting a worse more than you have) or you can order a JDM d15b thats going to run you about $700 after shipping. Cool, now you have this sorry ass, long geared tranny. You need to swap that out too. Spend $250 on a zc tranny after shipping or gear a local Si tranny for about $200? Might as well buy a clutch, gasket kit, and all of your odds and ins. That about another $300 depending on where you go and which brand you went with. Your total is about $1200 to $1250 depending where you get everything from or if you got stuff used. Now you got about $800 to pay with. You buy a intake, get a exhaust, and header and your $2000 funds are tapped out. Congrats you now have a non smoking d15b installed, but not running because you forgot to get a p28 and your obd0 to obd1 conversion harness. Now your around $2300 and making 150hp to the wheels, I mean 125hp (if that much) to the wheels. Congrads you're off to a great start.

On the other hand,

You saved your money and now you want to go DOHC VTEC!!! You goto hmotors and pay $1700 for you motor, tranny, and ecu. You get a new clutch, gasket kit, and odds and ins, for $400. Cool, you're just at $2100. So, your about to drop your motor in, DAMNIT!!! You need mounts. You holla at innovative and bam $200 later your motor is ready to go in. You motor is in, your budget didn't allow you to get an aftermarket shift linkage, so you modded yours and did you swap for $2300. For the same amount of money that your homie spent for his d15b you got 10hp motor without any mods and more potential.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast