Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 71 of 71

Thread: Good Old EF Mountain Run Fall Edition 11-7-08

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Mountain man green91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dahlonega, Ga
    Posts
    8,975
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    Kevin, dont sweat it man.. everyone who pushes their car to the limits has accidents.. it happens! Ive spun mine out and under steered through turns before. Im just glad it looks like you didn't get hurt and the car should be easy to fix.

    With a real stiff rear end its very easy to over steer with an EF, especially since they have little/no weight on the back half. So to the guy who says he doesn't know how its possible, head back over to the European forum where maybe your infinite knowledge will be more useful.

  2. #2
    Asian Persuasion KevinT707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Marietta
    Age
    40
    Posts
    7,047
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by green91
    Kevin, dont sweat it man.. everyone who pushes their car to the limits has accidents.. it happens! Ive spun mine out and under steered through turns before. Im just glad it looks like you didn't get hurt and the car should be easy to fix.

    With a real stiff rear end its very easy to over steer with an EF, especially since they have little/no weight on the back half. So to the guy who says he doesn't know how its possible, head back over to the European forum where maybe your infinite knowledge will be more useful.
    Thanks for support! Yeah I'm not even mad that it happen, just glad that I didn't get hurt & the CRX is fine. In a week or 2 it will be back to normal looking fine & dandy again.

  3. #3
    IA Hater/Shit Talker
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,393
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by green91
    With a real stiff rear end its very easy to over steer with an EF, especially since they have little/no weight on the back half. So to the guy who says he doesn't know how its possible, head back over to the European forum where maybe your infinite knowledge will be more useful.

    Ha, I just find it funny that a FWD car with little torque oversteers much easier than my RWD car making twice as much torque. You wanna talk about little to no weight in the back half, well my car definitely has Kevin's beat:


    And you can't say my rear suspension is soft either:



  4. #4
    Senior Member sakasaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,647
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    it show how nice we are in the ef squad!

    Lurking

  5. #5
    Skeet Machine Papa_Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Snellville/Statesboro
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,362
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    LOL @ the animal lover!

    where's the videos mike?!
    UPROOT Photography FTW


    Quote Originally Posted by Oz10 View Post
    I'm a straight guy, but I know my way around a dick.

  6. #6
    Senior Member rbf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Augusta
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,815
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mushroom_toy
    This is a amazing shot of 90_ZC_HATCH's car!!

    [car looks great by the way]





  7. #7
    My Dong Is Bigger mushroom_toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,817
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Appreciate it.


  8. #8
    IA's ICE CREAM MAN JDMJAYDC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    college park
    Age
    43
    Posts
    5,683
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    tisk tisk tisk kevey kev
    now with LSD
    got an ef? www.eastcoastefcivics.com


  9. #9
    Skeet Machine Papa_Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Snellville/Statesboro
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,362
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    yea luke, i really like that shot homie. mad props
    UPROOT Photography FTW


    Quote Originally Posted by Oz10 View Post
    I'm a straight guy, but I know my way around a dick.

  10. #10
    Senior Member rbf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Augusta
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,815
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Does the Squad always have such great teamwork?..& did it make it home?

    The guy in the black Ecko shirt your facial expressions are priceless.[in a good way]





  11. #11
    Skeet Machine Papa_Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Snellville/Statesboro
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,362
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    yea, the squad is always helpful when it comes to cars. we're more like a family than a car club

    yea, kevin made it home, and i believe he even drove up to commerce to go drag that night but they canceled it due to weather
    UPROOT Photography FTW


    Quote Originally Posted by Oz10 View Post
    I'm a straight guy, but I know my way around a dick.

  12. #12
    Senior Member rbf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Augusta
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,815
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 90_ZC_HATCH
    yea, the squad is always helpful when it comes to cars. we're more like a family than a car club

    yea, kevin made it home, and i believe he even drove up to commerce to go drag that night but they canceled it due to weather
    Well I hope to get a chance to come up sometime in the future.
    Seems like good folks and a lot of fun.





  13. #13
    Back in the EJ1 Grimm Reeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Southside
    Posts
    9,679
    Rep Power
    35

    Default

    I'm ready for next time lol


    Paintless Dent Removal Technician
    Condemnant quod non intellegunt

  14. #14
    Mountain man green91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dahlonega, Ga
    Posts
    8,975
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    Hey man we all drive EFs.. every run ive been on we've ended up fixing something in a macgyver style fashion lol.

  15. #15
    Mountain man green91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dahlonega, Ga
    Posts
    8,975
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    You do realize the amount of torque in a FWD has nothing to do with it oversteering right? You car probably oversteers when you power it out of a corner, you are inducing oversteer by losing traction with engine power. Plus youve got drivedrain in the rear, in addition to more of your engine weight & transmission BEHIND the front wheels.

    FWD oversteer based on virtually no weight except for the passengers & chassis on the rear wheels, in addition to stiff suspension along with a tight rear sway bar. The weight distribution on EF chassis is really closer to 70/30.. I dont see how your lack of spare tire could even make you think your weight distribution is near the same as ours. That being said, both of our vehicles handle VERY well.. its just that the cause of the oversteer conditions are WAY different.

    Plus, even by your flawed logic, i bet my car's torque numbers aren't half of yours

  16. #16
    Village Idiot 00CelicaGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Your mom's bed
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,889
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    SWOLLIX-ur comparing Apples-oranges to one another. go back to the BMW section!
    Last edited by 00CelicaGT; 11-10-2008 at 10:47 AM.

  17. #17
    Mountain man green91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dahlonega, Ga
    Posts
    8,975
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    Let him keep on, i like making these guys look like dumbasses.

  18. #18
    IA Hater/Shit Talker
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,393
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Ha okay, didn't realize the weight distribution was THAT terrible. I guess I am used to my car's 49.7/50.3 distribution. Also, I have MUCH more than a spare tire removed, My car weighs in at just over 2,700 lbs from a stock weight of 3,200. So the only weight in the rear is from my LSD. I am not making fun of or attacking anyone I was just wondering why Kevin oversteers so easy, because he has been complaining ever since he got the K-sports.


  19. #19
    Who is John Galt? Echonova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    96
    Posts
    26,989
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swollix
    Ha okay, didn't realize the weight distribution was THAT terrible. I guess I am used to my car's 49.7/50.3 distribution. Also, I have MUCH more than a spare tire removed, My car weighs in at just over 2,700 lbs from a stock weight of 3,200. So the only weight in the rear is from my LSD.
    Soooooo your LSD weighs roughly 1350 lbs??

  20. #20
    Asian Persuasion KevinT707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Marietta
    Age
    40
    Posts
    7,047
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    So anyway, when are you going to settle this in the mountains? I want to go again soon ..

  21. #21
    Skeet Machine Papa_Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Snellville/Statesboro
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,362
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinT707
    So anyway, when are you going to settle this in the mountains? I want to go again soon ..
    kevin ur nuts.

    me and sum buddies are thinkin about making a night trip up there during thanksgiving break sometime.
    UPROOT Photography FTW


    Quote Originally Posted by Oz10 View Post
    I'm a straight guy, but I know my way around a dick.

  22. #22
    My Dong Is Bigger mushroom_toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,817
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 90_ZC_HATCH
    kevin ur nuts.

    me and sum buddies are thinkin about making a night trip up there during thanksgiving break sometime.
    You know who wants in on it.


  23. #23
    My Dong Is Bigger mushroom_toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,817
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    ^ Im in. XD


  24. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,964
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    OVERSTEER FTW
    /Oo ___A___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|



  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,964
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    i'm in, just to prove that DB7 handles like a charm haha
    /Oo ___A___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|



  26. #26
    Mountain man green91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dahlonega, Ga
    Posts
    8,975
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    This guy really just doesnt get it. Its not even worth trying to debate him.

  27. #27
    Skeet Machine Papa_Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Snellville/Statesboro
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,362
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    haha i wolnt be leavin my homies our of the loop on this next run, thats for damn sure! that was too much fun.

    if i go over thanksgiving week, i'll be taking it easy. i be the cops are pretty active this time of year
    UPROOT Photography FTW


    Quote Originally Posted by Oz10 View Post
    I'm a straight guy, but I know my way around a dick.

  28. #28
    IA Hater/Shit Talker
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,393
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Oh god these people. YES, my LSD is 1350 lbs.! How much is yours? I don't see why you guys have to get all defensive about a comment I made and attack me, rather than just explain what caused the oversteer. It's not like I attacked Kevin or meant to offend him, in fact me and him drove to Commerce later that day. I have worked on my car at his house many times... Sorry, not everyone drives and understands what it is like to own a disposable car.


  29. #29
    Village Idiot 00CelicaGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Your mom's bed
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,889
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swollix
    Oh god these people. YES, my LSD is 1350 lbs.! How much is yours? I don't see why you guys have to get all defensive about a comment I made and attack me, rather than just explain what caused the oversteer. It's not like I attacked Kevin or meant to offend him, in fact me and him drove to Commerce later that day. I have worked on my car at his house many times... Sorry, not everyone drives and understands what it is like to own a disposable car.

    ok buddy we understand ur car is RWD, u have LSD, and u posted pics to show off ur suspension mods. my ? to u is why make a statement that u obviously know nothing about. u dont know any factory stats about our car's.

    for example:
    i know nothing about ur bimmer except that it's RWD, they are pretty quick from factory, and that its a bimmer. i dont know any stats on ur car, like WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION, power to weight, horse power, tourqe, etc....

    now why would i make a comment about something i know nothing about, that's wat seperates people with common sense and people who know nothing or someone just wanting to be a smart ass.



    p.s.
    if we total our car's we wont have a hard time finding another, good luck if ur bimmer gets totaled

  30. #30
    Mountain man green91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dahlonega, Ga
    Posts
    8,975
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swollix
    Sorry, not everyone drives and understands what it is like to own a disposable car.
    You are a condescending piece of shit. Not everyone in the EF squad drives them because they are easy to replace or inexpensive.. Ive got a new Tacoma, 2 efs, own a house, and have more toys than you could imagine. I could buy nearly any car i wanted. I drive them because i like the chassis, ease to mod and how well they can handle. Take your bullshit pompous bmw asshole mentality somewhere else, its not wanted here. Its not like older bmws are out of reach of nearly everyone in the world anyway.

  31. #31
    straight ninja mode EuroTra$h's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    canton
    Age
    37
    Posts
    610
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by green91
    You are a condescending piece of shit. Not everyone in the EF squad drives them because they are easy to replace or inexpensive.. Ive got a new Tacoma, 2 efs, own a house, and have more toys than you could imagine. I could buy nearly any car i wanted. I drive them because i like the chassis, ease to mod and how well they can handle. Take your bullshit pompous bmw asshole mentality somewhere else, its not wanted here. Its not like older bmws are out of reach of nearly everyone in the world anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!