• Deal Gap Rotary Run april 2013 !

Deals Gap Rotary Rally: Day One

Deal Gap Rotary Rally is an anual event that began in 2005 and continues to grow each year. This year is began on April 18-April 21. Unfortunately I was not able to stay for the whole event because of my work schedule, but I will begin my adventure at the event starting from day 1.=) rest of the pics here Deals Gap Rotary Rally: Day One | United Octane
      The first thing is saw at the meeting location was Phils Feed style FD

A closer look at the VOLKS

And Marcos RX3

This was at the second meeting spot

I shot I got as we were almost at the location

The final location where most of the group was staying

This ones a quick pic of our room in bryson city

We continued to meet more out of ga state people for the rest of the evening

was able to learn alot from the ls3 FD guy=)

This article was originally published in forum thread: Deal Gap Rotary Run april 2013 ! started by Allen Park View original post
      Comments 11 Comments
        On_Her_Face -
        I want a LSX RX-7 so bad. I need to go to the Gap before I move from Knoxville, always a good time.
        David88vert -
        I am glad that you made it up there. This event is one of the best. I was really wanting to head up for it - but I got lazy.
        Elbow -
        Looks like fun.
        MeFryRice -
        I was up there. Honestly, I was rather disappointed.
        On_Her_Face -
        Quote Originally Posted by MeFryRice View Post
        I was up there. Honestly, I was rather disappointed.
        Were you disappointed with the meet or deals gap? Just out of curiosity...
        MeFryRice -
        The meet itself. This was my first year attending and I felt like it was unorganized unless you were a seasoned attendee that already knew how everything worked up there. We drove around trying to find the group (at the Gap and Bryson City where a lot of people were staying) but didn't have much luck. Not until around noon on Saturday did we come across 5-6 cars hanging out at the gas station at the Gap but they were just as clueless as to what and when things were taking place. The only thing they knew of was that everyone was supposed to meet at Fontana Dam for a group photo at 5pm. Would I spend the $60 for registration fees again? No. Would I attend the Gap again? Absolutely. I've been numerous times and always enjoy the roads up there.
        Doppelgänger -
        Yeah, I was up there Sunday hoping to catch the tail end of the event. I see a few RX-8s and some RX-7's...but was hoping for more. Rotary cars or not, I got like 10 runs on Sunday...5-6 of those were full-tilt runs without getting caught behind other cars/bikes. I managed to consume a tank and a half of gas lol....car is filthy and I have a lovely tan on my arms and face. Much better than some hard-parking event.
        Allen Park -
        Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
        Yeah, I was up there Sunday hoping to catch the tail end of the event. I see a few RX-8s and some RX-7's...but was hoping for more. Rotary cars or not, I got like 10 runs on Sunday...5-6 of those were full-tilt runs without getting caught behind other cars/bikes. I managed to consume a tank and a half of gas lol....car is filthy and I have a lovely tan on my arms and face. Much better than some hard-parking event.
        60$ how come you ended up paying so much??
        Allen Park -
        Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
        I am glad that you made it up there. This event is one of the best. I was really wanting to head up for it - but I got lazy.
        Thanks man! Should definitely make it next year! definately easier when so many of your friends are rotary owners
        David88vert -
        Quote Originally Posted by Allen Park View Post
        Thanks man! Should definitely make it next year! definately easier when so many of your friends are rotary owners
        What's bad is that a lot of them know me, and I still don't end up going. I used to have a lot of RX7s and was always meeting up with Holly, Jeremy, Phil, etc.
        Doppelgänger -
        Quote Originally Posted by Allen Park View Post
        60$ how come you ended up paying so much??
        Paying so much? For what? I filled up in Robbinsville before heading up, then tossed in some when I got near the 1/4 mark at Crossroads a couple of times. By 10 runs I mean from crossroads to the lake and back, I guess you could say 20 runs if you count NB and SB as seperate runs lol. I did drive around some other roads while I was up thee too. Either way, I had a blast driving the crap out of my car.
    About us
    ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
    Announcement
    Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!