• BUILD: Corvette-swapped Mazda RX7 Project

As far as the body, I'm working on doing a wide body.

Here's a couple pictures of the progress:

The first thing I bought was this origin style rear bumper, i figured i'm going to cut it up anyways, so no point in buying the real thing.

Then I traded a re-amemiya style rear diffuser I had for a set of 50mm origin over fenders. The bumper, and over fenders didnt clear each other, like I suspected, so the cutting began.

First cut.

I dont really have pictures of what I did of the bumper, but i cut the piece of the over fender that drops down straight with the line of the bumper, and then molded the piece of the over fender into the bumper. On a side note, I got rid of my Hi power and Cut and welded the tip of an Isis 4" blast pipe on it to help fill the giant hole for the exhaust that was cut by the PO. still Have to go back, and glass part of what he cut.

near finished product

current pic of the exhaust:

doing the same thing with the side skirts

Cut the skirt where i wanted the rest of the over fender

Stripped down past the gel coat to the fiberglass

first layer of fiberglass, just to hold it in place. re-enforced the back, and smoothed the front

no finished result pics of the skirt yet.

junk in the trunk. (sitting high because i haven't cut my quarter panels yet, so i couldn't let it all the way down off the jack)

Traded my stock hood for a shine spec gt hood a few days ago, pretty excited about this considering it was local, and I've been wanting one for a while.

Other shiz.

Ordered my gauges, didnt want to run a quad pillar gauge pod, so made a home depot racing special

on fd's theres a speaker in the center of the dash, I took all of that out, made a base plate, and mounted my "gauge pods" on the plate i made for the hole.

Gauges (in order) are STRI Oil pressure, Oil temp, Coolant temp, and AEM Uego Wideband

I threw this one together, I plan on making a much cleaner one

quick video of the first start up. (sorry for the shitty cellphone quality. i have to sacrifice something so i can keep buying car parts, so shitty cellphone it is) sounds like shit since its un-tuned but you get the idea.

A lot of people say that. The wide body is no where near done. Once it's done, I'm pretty sure people will like it better. pulled my brake calipers off today. sending them out to have some gangsta ass shit done to them

Also got bored, so I played with my fitment for the new tires

This article was originally published in forum thread: 1993 Mazda RX7 (Pic heavy) started by '87 supra View original post
    About us
    ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
    Announcement
    Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!