• All the h22 info you need to build a beast

This article was originally published in forum thread: All the h22 info you need to build a beast started by h22 jones View original post
      Comments 126 Comments
        h22 jones -
        If someone wants to sticky this feel free so that everytime someone pms me asking about set ups i can send them here . I am in the process of building at least two motors that will be a good bit bigger then the set ups i posted about when i get the results i will update thread . If anybody can think of anything else that would be good info please post . If anybody sees anything they think is wrong please post as it is late and im not perfect by any means . Please do not crowd this thread with well i thought this ,and i read that, if i did not have my hands on it and check it myself then it would not be posted .This is not stuff i read. I am not saying i dont make mistakes but if you correct me do it yourself not by something you read please. I get phone calls everyday about building h series motors so i thought i would just help everybody out a little and post some stuff that i know .
        big mac -
        couple of questions. so its safe to run stage 2 cams on h22a stock valve train?
        and how reliable is high compression h22 as far aslong trips?

this is my current set up

h22a swap
        h22 type s cams
        skunk 2 cam gears
        skunk 2 intake manifold
        skunk 2 68 mm throttle body
        aem fuel rail
        removed balance shat belt
        aem fpr
        dsm 440 cc injectors
        walbro 255
        3inch velocity stack intake
        kidd racing drag race header
        custom 3inch exhaust only magnaflow resinator
        m2b4 tranny lsd also have trouble with second haha
        stage 3 clutch with 91 accord shift assembly
        zex wet nitrous kit 65 shot

i made 199 whp and 159 tq
        with 65 shot 259 whp and 230 tq

im looking to do a oem build soon shhoting for like 240. along with h2b maybe
        DarKStaR -
        ^if im not mistaken(mike correct me if im wrong) but i believe h22 jones is/was running type s valvetrain with the s2s2
        big mac -
        think its okay with type s valve train but idk about the h22a
        h22 jones -
        I have run several cams on type s valve train with no probleams for years . I do not rev my motors past 8300 because they do not make power past that. Type s cams have a tone of lift there actualy pretty aggresive cams . Ive seen 240hp on type s cams . My point is the type s valve train is realy nice stuff i wouldnt be scared to run it on any cams but stage 3 or pro 3 because of coil bind issues. On realy big strait race cams you end up with coil bind if you dont run the proper springs with the proper cams . In other words the lobes on the cam are so big that when they compress the springs the springs actualy bottom out before the lobe spins all the way over. This will eat up valve train and destroy a head . To answer your question with out over reving the motor type s valve train will work just fine with stage 2 cams ive been running them for 2 years . As for long trips on high compression motors there is no problem as long as the motor is built properly . Actualy with the stage 2 cams the primary lobe is the same as stock cams so unless your in vtec your basically running stock cams thats why we get such good gas mileage. So as for lng trips if your not in vtec your basicaly driving a stock motor with a little more tourqe from the higher compression bottom end. All that does is when we slow down to make a turn we dont even have to down shift just leave it in fifth and it doesnt even lug the motor realy alot of fun to drive . We are also running a resonator and a hudge muffler so the car is very quite untill you lay into it then has a realy nice deep sound. I normaly trailer the car to main stream to get tunned just because i love to ride in my expidition but we have drove the car there several times and dynoed it . Also how long your built motor last completely depends on how well you built it ours has around 15,000 on it right now and as far as i can see its just broke in well it keeps making more power everytime we put it on the dyno and has more vacum then it did the first time we dynoed it.
        *EFilliated* -
        Good thread sir
        RsonGt3's -
        dam this guy knows his shit

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
        big mac -
        h22jones, what kind of gains to you think i would see keeping the same head i have now and going with h23 crank, rods and type s pistons?
        EJ6 -
        good shit next year is going to be fun
        *EFilliated* -
        O yea

Quote Originally Posted by EJ6 View Post
        good shit next year is going to be fun
        EJ6 -
        Quote Originally Posted by *EFilliated* View Post
        O yea
        word
        h22 jones -
        Around 15hp and over 25 foot pounds of tourqe if i had to guess. I made 230 but with better cams and a little deferent stuff you should see 215 no problem. I always try to be moddest so if you make more you will be even happier lol.
        94ej2 -
        great info sir.
        big mac -
        hahaha lol gotcha bc i thought the 199 and 159 tq were awsome just for mainly bolt ons.
        so from there i could still do type s valve train and sk2 cams for a bit more
        *EFilliated* -
        numbers seem kinda low for the stuff that's done to it. Is it tuned?

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
        couple of questions. so its safe to run stage 2 cams on h22a stock valve train?
        and how reliable is high compression h22 as far aslong trips?

this is my current set up

h22a swap
        h22 type s cams
        skunk 2 cam gears
        skunk 2 intake manifold
        skunk 2 68 mm throttle body
        aem fuel rail
        removed balance shat belt
        aem fpr
        dsm 440 cc injectors
        walbro 255
        3inch velocity stack intake
        kidd racing drag race header
        custom 3inch exhaust only magnaflow resinator
        m2b4 tranny lsd also have trouble with second haha
        stage 3 clutch with 91 accord shift assembly
        zex wet nitrous kit 65 shot

i made 199 whp and 159 tq
        with 65 shot 259 whp and 230 tq

im looking to do a oem build soon shhoting for like 240. along with h2b maybe
        big mac -
        yeah man tuned with p28 on crome from import experts in winder ga
        .:Stirfry:. -
        great info: vote sticky
        DarKStaR -
        Quote Originally Posted by *EFilliated* View Post
        numbers seem kinda low for the stuff that's done to it. Is it tuned?
        numbers are just that...numbers...every dyno is different
        *EFilliated* -
        True

Quote Originally Posted by DarKStaR View Post
        numbers are just that...numbers...every dyno is different
        chaseamundo -
        Sticky this!!!!

great info!
    About us
    ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
    Announcement
    Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!