Thread: 1993 Mazda RX7 (Pic heavy)

Threaded View

Default 1993 Mazda RX7 (Pic heavy)

Well, I'm bored, so here we go.

First off, I'd like to say, I bought the car back in December, 2010 already swapped, so I don't take credit for doing the swap.

How it was when I first bought it

Specs:

-1998 Camaro SS LS1 w. T56 6speed (working OBDII port)
    -ECU Serviced - removed VATS, two o2's... little stuff
    -Granny Speed Shop Subframe
    -Granny Speed Shop Transmission Crossmember
    -Granny Speed Shop Torque Arm
    -Granny Speed Shop Engine Mounts
    -Granny Speed Shop Driveshaft
    -RPS Stage 3 Clutch
    -CYN-R-G Segmented Flywheel
    -Wilwood 7/8ths Master Cylinder
    -Hinson Super Cars Master Cylinder Adapter
    -JTR Long Tube headers
    -3" Off road Y Pipe w. V-bands
    -3" HKS Hi-Power Cat-back
    -G.E.T. Coilovers
    - Other little stuff.

The day after I brought it home, I went up to Atlanta to pick up a set of wheels from another member here on the boards. The day after that a friend and I started on getting the fitment right.

Rolling the fenders so I could fit my new wheels

Wheels/specs : WedsSport SA70 17x9+20 18x10+18

Fitment pictures for the fitment whores.

Front fitment was just ok.

I was pretty happy with the rear fitment.

Basically, It stayed this way, with little changes, for about a year.

Well, after about a year, I got bored of the car, changed a few things up. (most of the work was done in the dark after work, so I don't have many pictures of the work :/ sorry.)

I changed a few things up with the motor, along with the body.

Motor wise, with the help of friends, we did a heads/cam swap.

New motor specs:

Heads: TSP PRC Stage 2.5 Heads
    Cam: TSP MS3
    Intake manifold: BBK SSI Ported and polished. The mouth was ported to 92mm to accommodate for the throttle body, and the runners were ported to match the ports of the heads
    Throttle Body: PTM 92mm

I had to get a custom adapter made as well for the throttle body to work. The throttle body was 4 bolt, and the intake was 3. so i took it to a local machine shop, and had a .5" spacer/adapter made.

And a pic with the throttle body on.

Engine Bay pic: (messy, its still a work in progress)

Well, long story short, The car is finally ready to be tuned, we start tuning it, and fry the 98 pcm, which if you dont have any experience with gm engine control, suck in short.

Instead of buying another 98 pcm, I searched a ls1 forum for a nice 99-02 pcm and decided to re-pin my harness once I find one. After about a month of searching, I found a really nice 2002 pcm, and buy it. So the fun began. (again, no pics, sorry guys) So I started to re-pin my harness, which is about 200 wires. It took me about a month to do, working on it off and on. Now I'm just waiting to buy a couple more things, and put in my rod bolts, twin scroll timing chain, and ported and shimmed ls2 oil pump. Then it will be time to tune, and have back on the road again! I'm hoping to have it out at KMS in march, I wont have everything done to it I'm working on, but at least the motor will be where I want it.
    Last edited by '87 supra; 03-03-2013 at 11:44 AM.