Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cobb GTR outdoes the Techart Porsche 997..half the price??

Quote Originally Posted by NewGen33
    A wise man once said...show me a fast Nissan and I'll show you a faster Porsche.
    The cheapest porsche that's faster than the gt-r s 100k+.

that's like comparing a vette to an rsx. Of course the vette is better. It's also more expensive.

(RAH)² (AH)³

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgänger
    It must suck to take all day to think of something like that. See, i've been around long enough to know that not everyone gets along, so cheap attempts with poor insults really does not bother me. Now run along little n00b and stop trying to fit in with the OGs.
    OGs? lol what are you talkin about? i be readin what you post on all these forums and i dont like you youre just too damn cocky and from what i can tell you love body kits and "aero packages". fast and furious is old now...an "OG" like yourself should know that.
    Last edited by SammyPain; 10-28-2008 at 09:23 PM.
    I asked a girl if i could buy her a drink, she said I have a boyfriend, so I said, well i have a goldfish, she said what? I replied, oh I'm sorry I thought we were talking about shit that doesnt matter.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyPain
    OGs? lol what are you talkin about? i be readin what you post on all these forums and i dont like you youre just too damn cocky and from what i can tell you love body kits and "aero packages". fast and furious is old now...an "OG" like yourself should know that.
    Sure you're not reading your own 5th grade jargon?

Speaking of such funny posts, how about your "intro" thread....

i got a miata
    02' Miata

(RAH)² (AH)³

i diddnt realize spelling counted on IA. so anyways...get rid of the kit before you comment on what looks good or not boy. and lol @ your desperate attempt to bring up the past to get some people on your side. dude grow some nutz, thats why you diddnt even respond when i tried to buy that steering wheel off you weakling.
    Last edited by SammyPain; 10-28-2008 at 10:48 PM.
    I asked a girl if i could buy her a drink, she said I have a boyfriend, so I said, well i have a goldfish, she said what? I replied, oh I'm sorry I thought we were talking about shit that doesnt matter.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDooXII
    Best post ITT.
    Thanks, I'm proud of it. I think that one will circulate. I'd love to be the originator of one of thos epics I will see in a year on another forum knowing I made it.

^^ Yeah, I drew a frame of a man running on each fan blade. That is him running at idle

Quote Originally Posted by NissanTun3r

that's like comparing a vette to an rsx. Of course the vette is better. It's also more expensive.
    Your point?

@ ^^

there is no point explaining anything to you. You are too dumb to comprehend common sense, which it seems these days is not so common...love the sig btw

Alright so I ask what the point you were trying to make was when you replied to my post and you try and start a childish internet battle. People start stupid shit on here all the time and I'm not going to be part of it. It's sad they allow people with your attitude to post on here. Also thanks for complement on my sig.

Don like 2 prof reed

Quote Originally Posted by NissanTun3r

I'm sorry but there are plenty of reaons why people by the Porsche and will never look back. Sorry it's a thing called quality and soul. A vette is virtually shit inside compared to it's expensive competitors, feels shitty, looks shitty and really just is constructed of low quality materials and plastics. Same goes with an E39 M5 compared to a CTS-V or GTO compared to a CLK550 or an E46 M3 compared to a 350z.. a person who expects their cars to feel as good and as exhilerating as it, is not going buy a cheap bargain immitation that goes as fast. You have such a narrow way of looking it.
    Also a GTR is simply a improved 350z with twin turbo's and a great chassis. Subjectively by many people who have reviewed it, it's not nearly as great to drive as it suggests, nor very exhilerating like that 100K GT3 you mention. It's just a block with a snail and AWD that throws down some good numbers for a great price. Would a GT3, M3, F430, Gallardo be the same if it had a 6500-7k redline and silent whooring turbo motor. I don't think so, they developed real motors instead of taking a short cut.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyPain
    thats why you diddnt even respond when i tried to buy that steering wheel off you weakling.
    I didn't reply because I wasn't going to sell it to a dumbass like you
    BTW, it did get sold and it's new home is in a RX-7... which is a far nicer home then it would ever have had if I sold it to you.

I also want to thank you for pointing out how much it sucks and how ugly functional aero... you know... I must be retarded to want a larger opening on the front of my car to get more airflow to the intercooler and radiator and keep less airflow under the front of the car. Oh Great One with the ghey fake Japanese front plate who knows so much about boosted Miatas ....
    02' Miata

i wont say anything about how any of these cars performance because i have never driven any of them. but when it comes to looks i would take a gt3 over the gtr hands down but prolly will end up with a gtr cause its cheaper and just as fast. if i had enough money i could care less about the 911s heritage even tho i kno it has an impressive one
    “Alfalfa peak”—an odd ridge on a car that is otherwise a lava-lamp jubilee of rounded Oprah-ness.

-car and driver, 370z review

MOST HATED

I have to say that after seeing two GTR's for the first time, in a matter of ten minutes, I liked the external appearance. I'm sure it's a nice car and it looks badass, that much I can admit but, I would still take the Porsche.

IMO, the price difference between the two is not important. If you make enough money to make payments on the gtr, the payments on a 911 are not gonna break you... and if they do then your priorities are in the wrong place.

I say testdrive both, and pick which one drives the best........

which will obviously be the porsche.

Did any of you watch the video? LOL.

Hubinet was complaining the entire time about the shot tires on the 997, lol.

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by IDCoconut

lol ya i heard the same thing... i'm sure the Porsche would destroy it w/ better tires... street compound vs race would make a HUGE difference on that type of race.

you want to put it to the test make cobb race a lemans porsche and see who last the race ; 1 lap doesn't say shit about a "race car"

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgänger
    I didn't reply because I wasn't going to sell it to a dumbass like you
    BTW, it did get sold and it's new home is in a RX-7... which is a far nicer home then it would ever have had if I sold it to you.

I also want to thank you for pointing out how much it sucks and how ugly functional aero... you know... I must be retarded to want a larger opening on the front of my car to get more airflow to the intercooler and radiator and keep less airflow under the front of the car. Oh Great One with the ghey fake Japanese front plate who knows so much about boosted Miatas ....
    ...........lol

Quote Originally Posted by IDCoconut

Yeah, he got it sideways a few times, lol.

I agree, fresh tires on the 997 = diff story.

Also, I would take 997 over the GTR

Bender A. Rodriguez

Price really doesn't matter right now as the GTR's still cost about $100K to get one. I don't like Porsche but I still wouldn't buy a GTR. Hell I can even go buy a Z06 which was the last real "it" performance car and the first one everyone hit up for performance tests with the new GTR. The simply fact remains that in order to use a GTR properly or to get the numbers that Nissan publishes you void your warranty. That's simply retarded and kills the car in my eyes. If I buy a performance car I want to be able to use it as its supposed to be used and know it will still work. You can take the cheapest Porsche made even 10 years ago and turn off any PSC it has and run the shit out of it at a track and still drive it home, same goes for the new ones except you'll still have a warranty if you do. Yes the GTR is fast, yes its a great achievement in working around physics but it breaks too much and the parts are still too expensive. I'll still buy an R34 which looks better and I can run it hard and break fewer parts. If its not going to be warrantied and expensive I might as well get one that won't break.
    Ryan Reynolds

"So long and thanks for all the fish"

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Cat Racing
    Price really doesn't matter right now as the GTR's still cost about $100K to get one. I don't like Porsche but I still wouldn't buy a GTR. Hell I can even go buy a Z06 which was the last real "it" performance car and the first one everyone hit up for performance tests with the new GTR. The simply fact remains that in order to use a GTR properly or to get the numbers that Nissan publishes you void your warranty. That's simply retarded and kills the car in my eyes. If I buy a performance car I want to be able to use it as its supposed to be used and know it will still work. You can take the cheapest Porsche made even 10 years ago and turn off any PSC it has and run the shit out of it at a track and still drive it home, same goes for the new ones except you'll still have a warranty if you do. Yes the GTR is fast, yes its a great achievement in working around physics but it breaks too much and the parts are still too expensive. I'll still buy an R34 which looks better and I can run it hard and break fewer parts. If its not going to be warrantied and expensive I might as well get one that won't break.
    R34??? Really Bender?? Thats a lie and you know it. You would rather do a 1jz swap in an s13 than work on a skyline. If that wasn't the case then there would be an 800 hp R33 Godzilla running around Macon.

GTR PWNS ALL!!! (isn't that the new way to discuss cars in Car Talk?? LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Leroy
    IMO, the price difference between the two is not important. If you make enough money to make payments on the gtr, the payments on a 911 are not gonna break you... and if they do then your priorities are in the wrong place.

I say testdrive both, and pick which one drives the best........
    which will obviously be the porsche.

If you paid for any of your schooling you should probably ask for a refund. How in the hell is 2 times the price not important. I can assure you that there is a difference in the people who can afford a GTR vs. the 911

Quote Originally Posted by Capt._Ron
    R34??? Really Bender?? Thats a lie and you know it. You would rather do a 1jz swap in an s13 than work on a skyline. If that wasn't the case then there would be an 800 hp R33 Godzilla running around Macon.

GTR PWNS ALL!!! (isn't that the new way to discuss cars in Car Talk?? LOL)
    the 2JZ is a more sophisticated enhine than the RB26. Toyota had 5 years to look through the RB26 before releasing the 2JZ.

But when considering what the cars were originally meant to do (road racing). Both Iron blocks were opsolete by 1999.

Senior Member | IA Veteran  OneSlow5pt0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EJ25RUN
    the 2JZ is a more sophisticated enhine than the RB26. Toyota had 5 years to look through the RB26 before releasing the 2JZ.

But when considering what the cars were originally meant to do (road racing). Both Iron blocks were opsolete by 1999.
    as for road racing ive always been led to believe the 3SGTE was a better engine then the 2jz,for the weight and power

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoToad
    as for road racing ive always been led to believe the 3SGTE was a better engine then the 2jz,for the weight and power
    Yeah it is. You can place it further back and dont have to swing around an iron block. All that became old 6 years ago when the Supra GT500 teams swaped from a 3S to a 3UZ all alloy V8. They still use that engine.

Once the LF-A gets closed to production, i know the teams will switch to that body shape but i hope they use that V10 as well.

I cant afford either of em - so at this point in time I'm not going to worry about which one I'm going to buy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123