Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cobb GTR outdoes the Techart Porsche 997..half the price??

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by 87 Turbo II
    I'm sticking to my photoshop.

Porsche FTMFW!
    That's classic.

That makes no sense...

How can a car with MORE weight and LESS power win a DRAG race?

It has to be either Tires or Aero.

I'm scratching my head on this one.

Wait.. the porsche is a 6 speed manual right? That just may be it. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlblkz06
    That makes no sense...

How can a car with MORE weight and LESS power win a DRAG race?

It has to be either Tires or Aero.

I'm scratching my head on this one.

Wait.. the porsche is a 6 speed manual right? That just may be it. Wow!
    Its the GTR traction control system.

It reminds me of the 1996 Touring car season when the Audi S4s were so fast,weight penaltys were imposed. But all that did was make them launch faster.

Add that to a computer and drivetrain as advanced as the GTR. Oh (remove the driver element as muchg as possible always helps.)

Quote Originally Posted by EJ25RUN
    Its the GTR its just amazing

*fixed

^^^ This fan-boy shit is quite annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by Atlblkz06
    ^^^ This fan-boy shit is quite annoying...
    whats so annoying about me and my love for the gtr? Like i said the only thing the porsche wins against the GTR is the forum debates...

Quote Originally Posted by JITB
    whats so annoying about me and my love for the gtr? Like i said the only thing the porsche wins against the GTR is the forum debates...
    JITB. People could really care less about how much you like that car. I really fail to understand how a car that drives itself can be ahead of what has unanimously for the last 40 years been considered the best sports car ever.

Until Porsche forgets where the engine belongs, the 911 is a better car. Forget how cheap the interior on the GTR is, or how they want to lie about the faults in their drive train. There is a reason no other people are as loyal to a brand as Porsche owners. Forget this forum back and forth nonsense and being a fanboy of either. That is just the way it is. At the end of the day, even the R34 is more driver focused than the R35.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ25RUN when fixed by JITB
    Its the GTR its just amazing
    I'll break down exactly what you tried to say there.

A vibrator is more fun to a girl than your real dick. Get it?

When i drive, I leave the Pentium at home.
    Last edited by EJ25RUN; 10-26-2008 at 08:54 PM.

JITB. People could really care less about how much you like that car. I really fail to understand how a car that drives itself can be ahead of what has unanimously for the last 40 years been considered the best sports car ever.

Until Porsche forgets where the engine belongs, the 911 is a better car. Forget how cheap the interior on the GTR is, or how they want to lie about the faults in their drive train. There is a reason no other people are as loyal to a brand as Porsche owners. Forget this forum back and forth nonsense and being a fanboy of either. That is just the way it is. At the end of the day, even the R34 is more driver focused than the R35.

I'll break down exactly what you tried to say there.

A vibrator is more fun to a girl than your real dick. Get it?

When i drive, I leave the Pentium at home.

ive said all i need to say on the matter.. i cant say it any clearer!

its a japanese car japanese cars have always had tons of gadgets.. its nothing new to anyone but forum junkys. It may be ahead of its time, for some. but with all the technology in the GTR it gets the job done. Every car has its niche, the GTR is a technical car with gadgets, that makes it what it is, and makes it great. Dont discredit it because of that. becuase it does what it is supposed to do, and has done what it said it would.

ive said all i need to say on the matter.. i cant say it any clearer!

its a japanese car japanese cars have always had tons of gadgets.. its nothing new to anyone but forum junkys. It may be ahead of its time, for some. but with all the technology in the GTR it gets the job done. Every car has its niche, the GTR is a technical car with gadgets, that makes it what it is, and makes it great. Dont discredit it because of that. becuase it does what it is supposed to do, and has done what it said it would.
    And that was never my argument against it. I respect it for what it does well because that was what it was designed to do.

But in Nissan's determination to beat the 911 and make that sole purpose of the project, I feel they forgot some important things. The fun factor.

Now you can't tell me Japan doesn't know what a fun sporty car is. It was Japan that thought a Miata would work.

Nissan's fault is that the GTR should be available to suit more types of drivers. And yes, those of us that drive manual H boxes are on the list.

I recently read an article from an ex touring car driver and he says that he much prefers H boxes transmissions on the street, because sequentials make him feel like his is at work racing.

I have already discussed all that in this thread. Again, i respect the GTR. The same way i respect the Porsche 959. But after the 959, even Porsche realized the driver should be a bigger part of the equation.

reread this if you have to.

Schools in session: Is the GTR and others cars like it forgetting about the driver?

I'm not a GTR lover but every time a GTR outperforms and more expensive car all you guys do is b*tch and moan and make excuses. "Well its the technology, it has a shitty interior... it doesn't have the heritage, ... whaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!! they cheated!!!" seriously get your panties out of a wad about this car. Hell, why can't you just admit that it performs amazingly well for the price???

IA Member

Ferrari F430.

well, that solves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by redGT
    If they gave me the $700 Billion I'd buy Obama a clue

And that was never my argument against it. I respect it for what it does well because that was what it was designed to do.

But in Nissan's determination to beat the 911 and make that sole purpose of the project, I feel they forgot some important things. The fun factor.

Now you can't tell me Japan doesn't know what a fun sporty car is. It was Japan that thought a Miata would work.

Nissan's fault is that the GTR should be available to suit more types of drivers. And yes, those of us that drive manual H boxes are on the list.

I recently read an article from an ex touring car driver and he says that he much prefers H boxes transmissions on the street, because sequentials make him feel like his is at work racing.

I have already discussed all that in this thread. Again, i respect the GTR. The same way i respect the Porsche 959. But after the 959, even Porsche realized the driver should be a bigger part of the equation.

reread this if you have to.

Schools in session: Is the GTR and others cars like it forgetting about the driver?
    All the attributes that the GTR has wouldnt be able to do anything without the Technology... I can agree with that it does suck a littl that it doesnt have a manual tranny...BUT! i still love it. Some of the best cars we al llove dont have a manual gearbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt._Ron
    I'm not a GTR lover but every time a GTR outperforms and more expensive car all you guys do is b*tch and moan and make excuses. "Well its the technology, it has a shitty interior... it doesn't have the heritage, ... whaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!! they cheated!!!" seriously get your panties out of a wad about this car. Hell, why can't you just admit that it performs amazingly well for the price???
    x2

The nissan gt-r might not have a true manual, and that fact might make you dislike it. But no one can legitimately state that's it's not a great piece of machinery for what it is. It wasn't designed to have a 6-speed, get over it. The closest porsche that can compete with it is the 911 turbo I believe?

The fact of the matter is that it's fast, sexy, and a superior to most cars out there.

Don't say the driving experience in the gt-r isn't fun. I guarantee if you got to drive it it would change your idea of what fun is.

While it probably would be more fun with a 6-speed, it isn't there, so what's the point of bitching about it.

Civic, rsx's, integras aren't RWD, which is the most fun drivetrain, but most tuners mod these cars. COULD you imagine how badass a rsx type s would be if it were rwd. But no one downplays these cars, which are ICONIC to the car scene. So don't downtalk the gt-r because it doesn't have an h box.

Civics are good for what they are. So is the GT-R. Everyone needs to get over themselves and their unwillingness to acknowledge the truth.

No car is perfect, except maxima's!
    Last edited by RL...; 10-27-2008 at 05:34 PM.

Here ya go:

On Buttonwillow Raceway, Road & Track were able to achieve lap times that were approximately 5 seconds faster than a Chevrolet Corvette Z06 and Porsche 911 Turbo with the GT-R. The GT-R currently holds a lap time of 1:19.7 around the Top Gear Test Track, which is the 8th fastest time (equal with the Ferrari F430 Scuderia)

Quote Originally Posted by The EM1 kid.
    Ferrari F430.

well, that solves that.
    apparently you're wrong. ^^^

The boxster actually wins more awards than does the 911. And the Boxster/Cayman is a very nice car to own.

I don't get how you make your opinions. Have you ever driven a Boxster?
    x2 I don't get how you make your opinions. Have you ever driven a GT-R?

Touche

All I'm saying is you would have to be one crazy bastard to take a GTR over that Porsche.

Quote Originally Posted by alpine_xj
    All I'm saying is you would have to be one crazy bastard to take a GTR over that Porsche.
    Sell the porsche and buy 2 GTR's ??? LOL

Porsche has something Nissan never will..... a little thing called "class".
    02' Miata

Nissan tuner: 2 things.

1. It isn't necessary to waste thread space and make 5 consecutive posts. Most forums don't allow that but this is IA.

2. I have responded to said similar comments in the past and you bring them up again. Have you noticed i dont usually go into the threads where people bash you anymore? Cause It's a waste of my time. Im not trying to prove anything to you but you refuse to accept certain points that are unanimous by most car experts.

I never said the GTR is garbage and yes the money factor is a good token. Besides that, i could care less. That car is not built to the specs i feel a REAL car should be and "SEX APPEAL" is not gonna change that. I used to sell cars and i could make people see sex in a minivan so that term is fake to me.

Again. Go look at all your replys, (all 5 of them), and go check what i have already told you in the past. I'm sure i have responded to all from "SEX APPEAL" to fwd and the nonsense you spread about it.

When you got something new, i'll reply.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NissanTun3r
    Don't say the driving experience in the gt-r isn't fun. I guarantee if you got to drive it it would change your idea of what fun is.

While it probably would be more fun with a 6-speed, it isn't there, so what's the point of bitching about it.

Civic, rsx's, integras aren't RWD, which is the most fun drivetrain, but most tuners mod these cars. COULD you imagine how badass a rsx type s would be if it were rwd. But no one downplays these cars, which are ICONIC to the car scene. So don't downtalk the gt-r because it doesn't have an h box.

Civics are good for what they are. So is the GT-R. Everyone needs to get over themselves and their unwillingness to acknowledge the truth.

No car is perfect, except maxima's!

This whole post made me lol

Nissan tuner: 2 things.

1. It isn't necessary to waste thread space and make 5 consecutive posts. Most forums don't allow that but this is IA.

2. I have responded to said similar comments in the past and you bring them up again. Have you noticed i dont usually go into the threads where people bash you anymore? Cause It's a waste of my time. Im not trying to prove anything to you but you refuse to accept certain points that are unanimous by most car experts.

I never said the GTR is garbage and yes the money factor is a good token. Besides that, i could care less. That car is not built to the specs i feel a REAL car should be and "SEX APPEAL" is not gonna change that. I used to sell cars and i could make people see sex in a minivan so that term is fake to me.

Again. Go look at all your replys, (all 5 of them), and go check what i have already told you in the past. I'm sure i have responded to all from "SEX APPEAL" to fwd and the nonsense you spread about it.

When you got something new, i'll reply.
    Waste of your time? By looking at how many posts you've made, it's apparent you have plenty of time to waste here.

And I can't speak for anyone else by myself when I say this, but "sex appeal" of a car is 1/2 the reason I buy a car. Right now it's actually 100% the reason I have my maxima the way it is. I have no engine mods, and could care less about speed at the moment. There will be a time and place for me to build a fast car, and it isn't now. And I don't mean sex appeal in a way to help me get girls or anything, I mean it in a way because I have high standards for myself, as well as my car looking up to par with my expectations.

Whether you've responded to them or not Ej, they are valid points. I like porsche, but if you read my posts on pg.3 facts are facts. lap times are lap times. But it's pretty clear everyone would rather live in denial to these facts and talk down the gt-r.

Ignorance is bliss isn't it IA...

Nissantuner, you clearly don't understand the point. A Porsche is a true driver's car, a GTR isn't. No amazing lap times will ever change that. You can't talk down to a GTR in terms of performance and price, but some people look for something more. Like a car that is backed by the company with arguably the greatest racing history ever, not the one that could give two shits if you blow your tranny for doing what they sell the car to do.

Nissantuner, you clearly don't understand the point. A Porsche is a true driver's car, a GTR isn't. No amazing lap times will ever change that. You can't talk down to a GTR in terms of performance and price, but some people look for something more. Like a car that is backed by the company with arguably the greatest racing history ever, not the one that could give two shits if you blow your tranny for doing what they sell the car to do.
    I doubt ppl who buy a porsche buy it because of the racing heritage.

I'm sure everyone here has realized argueing on IA gets noone anywhere, and we never change anyones mind. So what's the point of argueing? One can have the most sensible arguement and make the most sensible statements and have the most accurate facts, but ppl here choose to stick with their own opinions. Not that theres anything wrong with that, but lol @ ppl hating on the gt-r. There's no point, in making a good point, because ppl could care less about sense. Ppl always hate on great things. Whether it's a football player or one of the best cars ever to come to the states.

With that said:

gt-r PWNS ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NissanTun3r,
    Stop posting. You're clearly a fucking idiot.

Saying no one who buys a Porsche does it for their heritage is way dumber than anyone talking shit about a GTR's performance.

YOU'RE WRONG!

GT-R OWNS ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In for ban. Lets make a request thread.

disagree totally.

if look at the past GTR models, they have been drivers cars. and so have the porsches. and i dont think this GTR is any different.

and the r32 was banned from racing because it was "too fast".beating the porsches in its class. thats some good history. and the huge following a GTR has. when half of the car nuts see a GTR pull up, faces drop down. Not so much on a porsche because they r common.(in the US speaking)

but to each his own. I would take the GTR over the 997. but a carrera GT over a GTR.

and i think the porsches have lackluster styling. all their models look exactly alike.

Quote Originally Posted by PSINXS
    disagree totally.

if look at the past GTR models, they have been drivers cars. and so have the porsches. and i dont think this GTR is any different.

and the r32 was banned from racing because it was "too fast".beating the porsches in its class. thats some good history. and the huge following a GTR has. when half of the car nuts see a GTR pull up, faces drop down. Not so much on a porsche because they r common.(in the US speaking)

but to each his own. I would take the GTR over the 997. but a carrera GT over a GTR.

and i think the porsches have lackluster styling. all their models look exactly alike.
    It depends on how you look at it. The r35 was a HUGE step over any previous Skyline when it comes to computer control. I see what you're getting at, but your average Joe would definitely be able to handle a GTR much better than the Tech Art.

and the r32 was banned from racing because it was "too fast".beating the porsches in its class.
    There was never a Group A 911. So that is actually inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgänger
    cant really argue with that...lol

There was never a Group A 911. So that is actually inaccurate.
    my mistake.

my mistake.
    Small technicallity that one. But the R32 is credited with effectivly killing of Group A, forcing the FIA to adopt Class I and Class II, and banning all non Australian cars from the national championship since 1993.

(RAH)² (AH)³

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgänger
    neither does your body kit he shoots...he scores
    I asked a girl if i could buy her a drink, she said I have a boyfriend, so I said, well i have a goldfish, she said what? I replied, oh I'm sorry I thought we were talking about shit that doesnt matter.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyPain
    Nissan is in a class of its own.

Everyone knows porsche is capable of coming out with supercars.

But that fact that Acura doesn't have an nsx anymore, and Toyota doesn't have a supra anymore, nissan is the only japanese maker making a supercar at a bargain.

A wise man once said...show me a fast Nissan and I'll show you a faster Porsche.

Senior Member | IA Veteran VooDooXII's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 87 Turbo II
    I'm sticking to my photoshop.

Porsche FTMFW!
    Best post ITT.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyPain
    It must suck to take all day to think of something like that. See, i've been around long enough to know that not everyone gets along, so cheap attempts with poor insults really does not bother me. Now run along little n00b and stop trying to fit in with the OGs.
    Last edited by Doppelgänger; 10-28-2008 at 03:50 PM.
    02' Miata

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast