Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Supra or Mustang???

IA.com BS DETECTOR

Quote Originally Posted by Z71StarsNBarsZ71
    when i hear a v8 mustang acceleratin i'd rather hear the wine of the S/C than the psh psh of bov's lol
    Thats because you are a redneck...superchargers are good....got to have some one for us turbo guys to beat up on

IA.com BS DETECTOR

Quote Originally Posted by HyPer50
    There are some around. My buddy Barry has a twin turbo 90 lx. Has around 450 the wheels I think. The car is a true sleeper, the car is dead silent til he gets on it. He's won a few money races (I'm not into that) against some unsuspecting people.

is that what Barry told you?

IA.com BS DETECTOR

Thats cause Supra's are more top end cars lol, I wouldn't be "scared" to race anything from a roll. Actually as my car sits right now with the z rated 275/40/17's on the back, I do better from a roll than stopped. Unless I ease off the line I smoke my tires to shit off the line. So race me from 30 and we'll see how it goes = )
    lol sounds like a callout to me

IA.com BS DETECTOR

Quote Originally Posted by mogallo
    I dont see why more people dont twin turbo their stangs.... those can get pretty sick!!!!
    supras couldn't keep up then. Ever see Tim lynchs twin T76 coupe. Ask some of the old school supra owners like ivy or larry bout some of his run ins with supras on Ga400. Damn,i wish i would have gone with twin 60-1 on my car now instead of the T-76. Looks more pimp for sure.

IA.com BS DETECTOR

hmmm

good friend of mines twin turbo mustang

http://www.dynolab.net/html/ttstang.htm

OR

turbo supra

http://www.dynolab.net/html/ttsupra.htm

yeah...great powerband! LOL i know some turbos are better these days but this was an extreme example of a dyno queen supra.

If I wanted to go fast for cheap=Mustang

If I wanted to go fast, look good, and have a "nice car"=Supra

I love the Supra, but after the import scene blew up a few years ago it makes them pointless to have one. Most of them are useless show cars and such. I don't see the point in Turboing a N/A one. If I was stupid enough to waste money on that mod I would stop myself, sell the lame ass N/A one and buy a MKIII Turbo and drop a 1/2JZ in that.

Quote Originally Posted by WINDSOR
    supras couldn't keep up then. Ever see Tim lynchs twin T76 coupe. Ask some of the old school supra owners like ivy or larry bout some of his run ins with supras on Ga400. Damn,i wish i would have gone with twin 60-1 on my car now instead of the T-76. Looks more pimp for sure.
    It's just too bad that none of the "old school" supras around here are anything to bluff about beating. Jareds car as i stated will be the one exception when he gets it running... but as of right now none of us are pushing anything over 400.(most of us are in a club together)

Also chris(our 1j representative) should have a pretty sick setup after he is done building his car.

Our best 1/4 time is/was like 13.4 i believe. Now that everyone is getting serious it should be interesting.

‹^›‹(ò¿ó)›‹^›

is that what Barry told you?
    What part are you referring to? About the numbers? If so, he has told me his numbers before, I can't remember exactly what his numbers, but I do know he is still running stock internals over 400rwhp which is pretty impressive for a 302. If your referring to the money races, no he hasn't TOLD me specifically, but I catch wind of things on SCF. He called out a Supra who was talking shit for a grand or more, not sure if they ever did anything that time.
    Chris
    91' Mustang GT
    512rwhp/468ft-lb

100% Asshole FTW!!! JustinSane110™'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Z71StarsNBarsZ71
    when i hear a v8 mustang acceleratin i'd rather hear the wine of the S/C than the psh psh of bov's lol
    Shit, that Kenne Bell for the 03-04 Cobras is no joke man. About 750hp at 14psi, and over 830 with TT on the same amount of boost. They had a test in MM&FF a few months back, only other mod on the motor was a Accufab TB if I'm not mistaken. Imagine if you cranked the boost to about 20 or so.

IA.com BS DETECTOR

What part are you referring to? About the numbers? If so, he has told me his numbers before, I can't remember exactly what his numbers, but I do know he is still running stock internals over 400rwhp which is pretty impressive for a 302. If your referring to the money races, no he hasn't TOLD me specifically, but I catch wind of things on SCF. He called out a Supra who was talking shit for a grand or more, not sure if they ever did anything that time.
    lol,that was a long time ago man. He ran WAY MORE THAN 400 rwhp with a stock 5.0 shortblock..(more like 2-3 shortblocks). It was well over 600 rwhp with his best setup with the stock 5.0 motor and thats through an automatic trans. It has good internals now (a mexican block now) and he won't tell me his dyno but it is a LOT of power. Its not the stock cid anymore either

IA.com BS DETECTOR

Quote Originally Posted by CRAMERIZKING
    It's just too bad that none of the "old school" supras around here are anything to bluff about beating. Jareds car as i stated will be the one exception when he gets it running... but as of right now none of us are pushing anything over 400.(most of us are in a club together)

Also chris(our 1j representative) should have a pretty sick setup after he is done building his car.

Our best 1/4 time is/was like 13.4 i believe. Now that everyone is getting serious it should be interesting.

you are confused grasshopper. When i say "old school" i don't mean MK3 supras.. I mean the older supra guys like Ivy,chris kinard,larry who were the original MK4 supra people and were the first in the ATL to put single turbos on there cars.

I don't worry about MK3s. Hell i could beat them on the motor usually.

you are confused grasshopper. When i say "old school" i don't mean MK3 supras.. I mean the older supra guys like Ivy,chris kinard,larry who were the original MK4 supra people and were the first in the ATL to put single turbos on there cars.

I don't worry about MK3s. Hell i could beat them on the motor usually.
    lol ok that's better

Banned

the kenne bell cobras are some of the sickest cars i have ever seen/heard

hmmm

good friend of mines twin turbo mustang

http://www.dynolab.net/html/ttstang.htm

OR

turbo supra

http://www.dynolab.net/html/ttsupra.htm

yeah...great powerband! LOL i know some turbos are better these days but this was an extreme example of a dyno queen supra.

You call that a dyno queen supra??? check this one out!!!

http://dyno.to4r.com/graph.php

You have to click the "Show" box for the dyno graph that you want to see....

100% Asshole FTW!!! JustinSane110™'s Avatar

You call that a dyno queen supra??? check this one out!!!

http://dyno.to4r.com/graph.php

You have to click the "Show" box for the dyno graph that you want to see....
    Damn, that top one was pushing 45psi. Thats sick man, and the power curve looks like enough to put you through the damn seat.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane110
    Damn, that top one was pushing 45psi. Thats sick man, and the power curve looks like enough to put you through the damn seat.

Lol i'd hate to catch that dude on the street and think to myself.... "oh its just a Supra.... its slow, cant run the 1/4, and can only get good dyno numbers... my AWD will RAPE HIM!!!"

......... or better yet.... yeah my TT STANG will rape him..... LMAO!!!!

Your 750whp TT Stang x2.......

IA.com BS DETECTOR

......... or better yet.... yeah my TT STANG will rape him..... LMAO!!!!

Your 750whp TT Stang x2.......
    No offense but your a dumbass. Dyno numbers don't mean shit except to supra bozos who have your stupid dyno contests. Hell,i would bet $$ a 750 rwhp turbo stang could hang with a 1000 hp supra with a proper gearing up to around 140 mph. With marco being the lone exception on that list i'd like to see any of those supras run the times that one i posted above has....that one has run single digit times letting off.

No offense but your a dumbass. Dyno numbers don't mean shit except to supra bozos who have your stupid dyno contests. Hell,i would bet $$ a 750 rwhp turbo stang could hang with a 1000 hp supra with a proper gearing up to around 140 mph. With marco being the lone exception on that list i'd like to see any of those supras run the times that one i posted above has....that one has run single digit times letting off.

Do some more research buddy, before calling me a dumbass... and i guess you keep thinking in terms of TRACK this and TRACK that.... i dont go to the track..... at 140mph the Supra is just getting started whereas the stang will start puttering out..... marco is not the only 8 second supra running around.... there are plenty of them..... ill put money on the 750whp stang vs 1000whp supra on the freeway too man except my money is on the Supra.... you see, the fast supras dont race other cars.... they race BIKES for kicks... i dont see too many BIKE kill stories on the Svtperformance forums. just holllllaaaa!!!! Actually, we can make it interesting and do it with a 750whp Supra and a 750whp Stang. You obviously havent seen the videos of dmitry's supra @ 400whp putting CL'S on the SC'd foxbody @ over 500whp.... How many stangs do you know of that are "properly geared" for the freeway??? BLAH......

IA Member

Who said if you want a nice car go with a supra? Phh Cobras are just as nice..
    Get a 03/04 Cobra slap one of those single or twin turbo setups on and say bye bye to supra from a roll...
    03/04 Cobra spend 10k on your turbosetup and your set
    Supra good luck spending no less then 25k to have 900hp "reliable"
    SC mustangs no doubt they poop out up top the S/c starts to get tired and doesn't spin the belt but if your running at the 1/4 Track there deadly against a tastefully modded supra that does 11's at 140mph

I hate to tell you but if the Supra is tuned right, a Mustang will not have a chance in the 1/4. I don't understand why people think Supra's suck in the 1/4mile.....it just doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMayo
    Who said if you want a nice car go with a supra? Phh Cobras are just as nice..
    Get a 03/04 Cobra slap one of those single or twin turbo setups on and say bye bye to supra from a roll...
    03/04 Cobra spend 10k on your turbosetup and your set
    Supra good luck spending no less then 25k to have 900hp "reliable"
    SC mustangs no doubt they poop out up top the S/c starts to get tired and doesn't spin the belt but if your running at the 1/4 Track there deadly against a tastefully modded supra that does 11's at 140mph

http://www.badassride.com/videos/supra_hayabusa.wmv

I have YET to see a twin turbo stang do THAT to a busa..... go ahead, climb in your TT Cobra and race a 1000whp Poopra from a 40mph roll..... the results will be a lot worse for the stang than the busa in this video... i mean, its ONLY 1000whp.... I'd hate to see the Cobra against a 1200 or 1300whp Supra....

I am willing to put money on a race between a TT Cobra vs Single T Supra of EQUAL whp from a roll..... Supra... HANDS DOWN.
    Last edited by mogallo; 05-16-2005 at 08:54 PM.

cool video!
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

IA.com BS DETECTOR

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_STI
    I hate to tell you but if the Supra is tuned right, a Mustang will not have a chance in the 1/4. I don't understand why people think Supra's suck in the 1/4mile.....it just doesn't make any sense.
    yeah,keith fortners supra made 700 hp to the wheels and barely made into the 10s. Face it,most of them on the street are dyno queens. A lot of them are scared to put a tire on the car so they all have shitty ets and high mphs. It seems that it takes a supra 200 more hp to run the same et as a mustang or fbody.

yeah,keith fortners supra made 700 hp to the wheels and barely made into the 10s. Face it,most of them on the street are dyno queens. A lot of them are scared to put a tire on the car so they all have shitty ets and high mphs. It seems that it takes a supra 200 more hp to run the same et as a mustang or fbody.

OR they just don't have the right suspension set up or ample seat time. Power is not the only thing that equals E/T guys. Just remember that
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

Yeah I've never seen a Mustang do that

IA.com BS DETECTOR

Do some more research buddy, before calling me a dumbass... and i guess you keep thinking in terms of TRACK this and TRACK that.... i dont go to the track..... at 140mph the Supra is just getting started whereas the stang will start puttering out..... marco is not the only 8 second supra running around.... there are plenty of them..... ill put money on the 750whp stang vs 1000whp supra on the freeway too man except my money is on the Supra.... you see, the fast supras dont race other cars.... they race BIKES for kicks... i dont see too many BIKE kill stories on the Svtperformance forums. just holllllaaaa!!!! Actually, we can make it interesting and do it with a 750whp Supra and a 750whp Stang. You obviously havent seen the videos of dmitry's supra @ 400whp putting CL'S on the SC'd foxbody @ over 500whp.... How many stangs do you know of that are "properly geared" for the freeway??? BLAH......
    Marco is the only truely driven 8 second supra around that i know of. AAP and Titan do not drive there cars around. Tell me who else?

A lot of high hp supras are just good for top end thats all. 0-140 they would lose to a lower powered car with a better powerband.... (i.e like a turbo v8 car) but after 140 aerodynamics and gearing would let the supra walk ahead.

Mine is properly geared for the freeway...i have 3.27 gears..almost the same as a supra which has a 3.13 on a 6 speed TT. A turbo mustang doesn't need a lot of gear because the turbos make enough low end to move the car without adding a lot of torque multiplication. I would say with 3.27 rear and a 25.5 inch rear tire i could top out close to 150 mph in 4th. Also i plan to be able to run with some GSX-1000 cc bikes on the highway.

IA.com BS DETECTOR

Quote Originally Posted by tracy
    OR they just don't have the right suspension set up or ample seat time. Power is not the only thing that equals E/T guys. Just remember that
    i guess...fortner ran his car every friday night for a whole year. It must take the supra guys longer then most.

IA.com BS DETECTOR

http://www.badassride.com/videos/supra_hayabusa.wmv

I have YET to see a twin turbo stang do THAT to a busa..... go ahead, climb in your TT Cobra and race a 1000whp Poopra from a 40mph roll..... the results will be a lot worse for the stang than the busa in this video... i mean, its ONLY 1000whp.... I'd hate to see the Cobra against a 1200 or 1300whp Supra....

I am willing to put money on a race between a TT Cobra vs Single T Supra of EQUAL whp from a roll..... Supra... HANDS DOWN.
    It depends.....if you want to do some 0-200 mph bullshit then yeah...I say 40-140....or just take it to the track!

i guess...fortner ran his car every friday night for a whole year. It must take the supra guys longer then most.
    I wasn't just referring to Fortner, but if you want to pick apart what I said...then so be it. I was just saying in general to everyone including Mark and Jason that power does not necessacarily mean low E/T's. Frome experience with customers, people tend to thing that with X amount of power they will be in the 10's or whatever their goal is. I have to constantly explain to them that you can't guaruatee E/T's with power alone. Sounds like I may have actually been agreeing with what YOU were saying...god forbid
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

It depends.....if you want to do some 0-200 mph bullshit then yeah...I say 40-140....or just take it to the track!

Take it to the track???? That's so gay. What are you going to do if you're on the highway and a Supra comes up to you? Roll down your window and tell him "Hey if you want to race me, lets go to the track" To me that's just GAY. Fast cars are suppose to be all rounded....Track and Highway.

Wait wait, i think you need to be corrected here.... if you CAN do some 0-200 pulls..... that rules out your little Cobra.....

Grow some BALLS and take it to the street beeeeyooottchhh!!!!

people don't understand that overall "set ups" make big differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Rick
    people don't understand that overall "set ups" make big differences.

Yea, when I tell people that here, they think I'm trying to milk them for more $$$. It's hilarious!!!!
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

Quote Originally Posted by tracy
    Yea, when I tell people that here, they think I'm trying to milk them for more $$$. It's hilarious!!!!
    yeah, i would just give them their whp and let them deal with the rest.

hahahah Tracy, i think this isnt about the track anymore..... i know my car isnt going to run that well at the track.... there are a lot more factors than just Power when it comes to that sort of ordeal...

and this whole which is better mustang /supra crap is gay. its a never ending thread.

set ups on cars will more then likely always be different. u have to take in to consideration:

drivers
    auto or 5/6speed
    tires
    drivetrain
    conditions
    distance (0-80) (80-160)
    torque numbers

then u have the plaform u started with. people will also argue Whp/dollar on the overall set up and don't give me this stangs are cheaper b/s b/c i know some that was spend lots and some which spend little. same goes with supras. bigger is not always better.

in the end, never ending thread

now don't get me wrong its always fun arguing both sides but there will never be a winner

Lets retitle this : THE NEVER ENDING THREAD!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast