Thread: b18b1 drag kit

Default b18b1 drag kit

A friend is about to bolt up a drag kit with the t3/t4 turbo to a bone stock b18b1. Any input or advice for him? Also, are the stock injectors going to be fine as long as he only boost the 7psi determined by the w/g spring?
    Matt.

that motor has 10.1.1 compression how many miles is on it and do a compression test on it be 4 boosting it cause if some things gose wrong that ***** is going to blow like a fire crack on new years
    no the stock injectors wont do no matter the waste gate

get 440cc, dsm 450cc, or 550cc.

and id do arp headstud and comestic hg.

if what i am reading the turbo guide correctly, he could use and obd0 ecu, dsm 450's, walbro 255, afc, and the supplied 12:1 fmu with no issues on the fuel side. Let me know if that is way off base.
    Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by typercb7
    that motor has 10.1.1 compression how many miles is on it and do a compression test on it be 4 boosting it cause if some things gose wrong that ***** is going to blow like a fire crack on new years
    bone stock ls motor should be 9.2:1 compression ratio.

If your using stock injector then use fmu 12:1. Without using fmu you should get at least 440cc and up injectors. Use a missing link or a cheaper route is to use check valves, this is if you don't have enough money to get a chipped of aftermarket ecu. Upgraded the fuel pump too.

ppl still use fmu's and missing links??? wtf. lol
    GCO Member
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by soloIIap1
    if what i am reading the turbo guide correctly, he could use and obd0 ecu, dsm 450's, walbro 255, afc, and the supplied 12:1 fmu with no issues on the fuel side. Let me know if that is way off base.
    that is way wrong. afc needs to go on ebay or in the trash, fmu needs to go in the trash.

get a chipped obd1 ecu..plenty of ppl on here can ofer this service for you. i have used scotty at mainstream before and he does a jam up job. dsm 450's are fine, walbro 255 is fine. dont use b/s hacks and fuel bandaids. chip your ecu get some injectors and get tuned..the end

Quote Originally Posted by patrick4588
    thats what i was thinking

a buddy of mine ran his BONE STOCK LS for over a year on 20LBS. of boost wit a T3 super60 and walbro 255, Hondata s300, and 550cc injectors. this was his DD.. no joke i seen him drive this car everyday. but he had a great tune on the car that he did himslf. he has since sold the car and if ur ever in newnan look for a blue delsol wit a unpainted black bumper, thats his old car. i dont know if the guy he sold it to still has the same set up or not.

you'll be suprise at how many people still use fmu and missing links. Nothing wrong with that, but it's a option.

I talked to him today and he has already order the stuff to do a chipped ecu which definitely seems like the best option. As far as the motor goes, it has 130k and apparently looked fine as far as compression and leakdown goes. Is the 7 or so lbs from the t3/t4 gonna be fine? I know we have all seen the miracle 500hp stock b18b but in real life will it hold up with proper tuning? I think he is shooting for around 250 hp in the end, i just hope the turbo isn't too big.
    Matt.

i would have gone wit a T3 super60 from garett, there great turbos for good HP, low RPM spool and they're decently priced. but i hope it runs good and he should hit his goal. just remember it's all in the tune.

Quote Originally Posted by japan4racing
    that is way wrong. afc needs to go on ebay or in the trash, fmu needs to go in the trash.

get a chipped obd1 ecu..plenty of ppl on here can ofer this service for you. i have used scotty at mainstream before and he does a jam up job. dsm 450's are fine, walbro 255 is fine. dont use b/s hacks and fuel bandaids. chip your ecu get some injectors and get tuned..the end

thats what i was thinking
    x2
    MAINSTREAM PERFORMANCE & DIGITAL BOX TUNING
    ECU CHIPPING/SOCKETING/TUNING-HONDATA, CROME, BRE, TURBOEDIT
    HONDATA DEALER/TUNER
    NISSAN REALTIME-NISTUNE
    MITSUBISHI AND SUBARU TUNING AVAILABLE!

thanks guys. All your help is really appreciated. We will probably be looking for some more help in the following weeks getting this thing bolted together. Good to know there is a place to go for info without instant flamage.
    Matt.

Your buddy should look at some ARP rod bolts,and head studs.Dont try and red line everywhere and enjoy the extra power and he might be fine for a while on a good tune.
    If not count on a hole in the block within 30 days tops.

It all depends. Is your friend trying to pass emissions?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by typercb7
    im pretty sure the 10.1 is the b18c1 motor. but either way, i would at least get some 440cc injectors.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick4588
    yes people do.im running blox 12:1fmu and blox missing link. dont hate.ha

but-
    selling my saterated Precision 440cc with clips when you need then