View Poll Results: What is your opinion of Islam?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a Christian, i do not support Islam.

1 16.67%
  • I am a Christian, i do support Islam.

2 33.33%
  • I am a non-believer and do not support Islam.

1 16.67%
  • I am a non-believer and support Islam.

0 0%
  • I am a Muslim or am considering becoming one.

0 0%
  • I am not sure how i feel about Islam.

0 0%
  • I have a very negative opinion of Islam.

3 50.00%
  • I have a very positive opinion of Islam.

2 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Scripture a day (Islam Edition)

Threaded View

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Default Scripture a day (Islam Edition)

Starting this thread to begin a debate on the actual scripture contained in the Quran. For starters, i'll give a brief introduction....

" The Quran (English pronunciation: /kɔrˈɑːn/[n 1] kor-ahn , Arabic: القرآن‎ al-qurʼān, IPA: [qurˈʔaːn],[n 2] literally meaning "the recitation," also romanised Qurʼanor Koran) is the central religious text of Islam, which Muslims believe to be a revelation from God (Arabic: الله‎, Allah).[1] It is widely regarded as the finest piece of literature in the Arabic language.[2][3][4][5] Muslims consider the Quran to be the only book that has been protected by God from distortion or corruption.[6] "

Going to set a few rules for this thread in hopes of keeping it on track.

(1)This is not a vs christianity thread. I understand that these two religions cross paths and that christianity will most likely be referenced in this discussion. Lets limit those comparisons to likeness in text and not real world events or past and present politics. We have discussed christianity in great lengths on this forum and threads for such discussions remain in tact if you want to participate. Said simply, try not to change the subject or turn this into a comparison of any other religion.

(2) Try to limit posts to a single scripture or group of like scriptures a day. Dont post a list of 50 scriptures at one time. If you have something to say on the subject and want to issue the entirety of your thoughts in a single post, that is fine. I only ask that you limit your referencing to scriptures so that each scripture can receive attention and be investigated thoroughly.

(3) This may come as a surprise to you all, i'm game for a "fight" but I'd like this thread not to become that. Facts are facts and some of them may become unkind, but make an effort to keep the conversation civil and on topic.

(4) Every scripture posted must reference the actual location of it in the quran. Everything we post will be an english translation, obviously, but for the sake of being able to cross reference any scripture posted, make sure to label it's location.

Also attached to this thread is a private poll.
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 09-06-2013 at 04:47 PM.