Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jalopnik writes Transformers 4 copied Vengeance Camaro. Isn't this a GA built car?

Default Jalopnik writes Transformers 4 copied Vengeance Camaro. Isn't this a GA built car?

Yes, he is a member on here.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Omg.... that guy put fender flares on a car...... what a visionary.... he should have patented that idea......

of course transformers stole the idea from him...... where else would they have ever seen someone putting fender flares on a car before.......

[IMG]http://bring---atrailer.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/1967_Chevrolet_Camaro_Trans_Am_SCCA_Vintage_Race_C ar_Rear_1.jpg[.IMG] ((((THIS SITE IS INFECTED WITH MALWARE I REMOVED THIS PIC)))))

Last edited by RandomGuy; 06-11-2013 at 12:14 AM.

ah shit.... now i feel like a jackass... i just noticed they also said it had a nose stripe..... now it's obvious that they copied his car..... i mean... where in the world would you find another camaro with a nose stripe?????

awww damn, now ive really put my foot in my mouth..... it had dish wheels too???? yeah.... no question now, it's clearly obvious that they copied this camaro visionary.

honestly dont see the big deal. His camaro is sick, but cmon, I doubt it was the only one ever like that style. Plus, theres nothing wrong with "copying" someones car.

Really a stupid article IMO
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Mr. Vengeance is a cool, laid back guy. He wasn't the one that made a big deal about this. Just answered questions when people asked him. The resemblance is striking IMO, and I wouldn't put it past Micheal Bay to use Google to find the pics, copy it and claim he personally designed the car. Because everybody knows the best thing about a Micheal bay movie is Micheal Bay. Micheal Bay can do things no other director can do, because no other director is Micheal Bay. If Micheal Bay weren't Micheal Bay, he would become Micheal Bay just to be Micheal Bay so he could make movies like Micheal Bay.

^^^ If you've never watched an movie interview with Micheal Bay and/or cast you won't find that funny. But Micheal Bay loves to talk about Micheal Bay. Because he's Micheal Bay.

Senior Member | IA Veteran 1civic's Avatar

What a fucking cry baby.. If you don't want people to view yo shit, then don't post it...

On side note;
    Who wants to copy my car, and then maybe use it for a movie.. Fuck, I'll donate that whore!! Gezzz...

Certified Gearhead

hey guys

home from work

Wow I didnt know there was so much confusion on what I am saying..

first off..

I never claimed I OWN anything but my car..
    I never said I want to sue ANYONE..
    I never claimed to be the first to do ANYTHING..
    I never invented fender flares..
    I never invented audi door handles.. ahah
    I never invented Vintage Trans Am racing or the usual modifications for it.
    etc..

All im saying is this.

The whole combination.. all of it.. TOGETHER is more than just a coincidence.
    For those who dont follow the pro touring movement and firstgen camaros in the first place immediately write off what im talking about as bull because they say everything has been done to a firstgen.. and to a degree in parts yes.. but the full combination of what was done on my car.. I would say only "Bumblebee" did practically all the same modifications.

look.. look at the whole thing as a whole..

Vengeance is a 1967.. ------------- Bumblebee is a 1967
    Audi door handles(because i was a mk3-er) ------------- Vette style handles that look like mine
    Blacked out wing windows ------------- Blacked out wing windows
    Front stabilizer bars ------------- Front stabilizer bars
    CF chinspoiler ------------- CF chinspoiler
    NewGen wheels in 19s ------------- NewGen wheels in 19s
    grey centers with gloss black lips ------------- grey centers with gloss black lips
    stepped lips(as the company couldnt make 18s in stepped) ------------- stepped lips
    shaved front lower valance.. ------------- shaved front lower valance.
    Vision mirrors(my old setup) ------------- Vision mirrors
    removed front window trim ------------- removed front window trim
    completely blacked out grille ------------- completely blacked out grille
    full length bumblebee stripe in carbon ------------- full length bumblebee stripe in yellow.

now.. none of those things above EITHER of us is the inventor of.. nor either of us is claiming.

but AS A WHOLE.. TOTAL PACKAGE..

isnt it a bit suspicious?

heres a pic of my car with the flares on comparison..

so with just a little pshop put a yellow stripe and take of my GranSport stripes

Can you all at least just put yourself in my shoes.. I do think its cool and im not mad just a little bummed.. just I know whats going to happen.. which some of you already said..

so please stop with the "he wants to get a suit going with Paramount"

Hell I would have been happy if they put Venny in the movie.. like if I was driving her by Bumblebee and it stops him in his tracks and scans it like the first movie to copy.. I would be STOKED on that!
    it would be a strait up "Hey optimus.. did you see that black camaro?.. hold up im going to change into thug mode"

Id be proud then..

but damn can i not have ANY credit for doing as a whole what i did to a 67 camaro?.. not in its individual parts but as a whole?.. please find another 67 with the EXACT same combinations of modifications.. all of them.. together on one car like mine... bumblebee happens to count off all on the checklist.

oh.. and funny thing is the guys that folks posted above suchs as the One Lap camaro are my homies.. we WOULD share similar modifications..

but other than that.. guys im cool.. please dont make this about money cause I have my own.. and I aint mad yall.. I really am not.

I just wanted to let it out.

Quote Originally Posted by 1civic View Post
    What a fucking cry baby.. If you don't want people to view yo shit, then don't post it...

On side note;
    Who wants to copy my car, and then maybe use it for a movie.. Fuck, I'll donate that whore!! Gezzz...
    Is this a reference to the car because the article clearly states the person did not have an issue with it.

Sinfix_15 - I too can make a google search on any first gen. Thanks for the input....

Certified Gearhead

oh yea btw this is an Atlanta car..

what?

No.. love for Atlanta?

lol!

ATL.. stand up for your boy please.. you all know me.
    and you can see me at the next oldschool meet and tell me all those wonderful things you saved up to show me.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ25RUN View Post
    Is this a reference to the car because the article clearly states the person did not have an issue with it.
    Fact: If it wasn't a problem, then there would be no article..

Edit:

IF a picture was in fact the idea, or goal, then Anyone in there right mind would be flattered, and considering that theses cars have been modded for the past 40yrs, it's hard not to copy something, or someone!!

IMO I think your friends are blowing smoke up your ass, putting myself in your shoes I wouldn't be bummed at all, I would actually be more excited that a copy of my car is going to be in a big blockbuster movie. You did a great job restoring your Camaro and your father would be proud of you. Now-a-days who isn't trying to copying someone else's car, hell I'd admit I do that shit too.

AFA HOLLYWOOD PREMIER LEAGUE EST. 1998

If i was building a 67 camaro it would look EXACTLY like your camaro..... almost identical..... having never seen your car before. Most of what you did to it are token "wish list" mods for any camaro build that isnt a resto....

they didnt copy you, they just built a camaro.

Certified Gearhead

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHA... fuckouttahere.

Please with your black belt in Google images find ONE 67 Camaro that looks EXACTLY like mine..

Just one.. with EVERYTHING like mine.. the whole combination.. not parts.. all of it all together..
    flares, shaved, audi-like handles, custom boxed chinspoiler with stabilizers, blacked vent windows, mirrors, EXACT same wheels in the EXACT same colorscheme.

I tell you what 100 bucks.. says you cannot.

either way.. my car gave the movie some life.. I wouldnt mind seeing my bootleg roll by.. ill put the movie in black and white and its pretty much my car.
    Last edited by TheVengeance; 06-01-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVengeance View Post
    AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHA... fuckouttahere.

Please with your black belt in Google images find ONE 67 Camaro that looks EXACTLY like mine..

Just one.. with EVERYTHING like mine.. the whole combination.. not parts.. all of it all together..
    flares, shaved, audi-like handles, custom boxed chinspoiler with stabilizers, blacked vent windows, mirrors, EXACT same wheels in the EXACT same colorscheme.

I tell you what 100 bucks.. says you cannot.

either way.. my car gave the movie some life.. I wouldnt mind seeing my bootleg roll by.. ill put the movie in black and white and its pretty much my car.

Your car is fantastic..... dont make it like anyone is insulting you....

but it's no unicorn.... there's even a genre for your car...... your style build is "protouring"....

What you're doing would be like me posting this and then saying "NOBODY HAS A CAR EXACTLY LIKE MINE!!!"

Maybe not exactly, but a lot of people have drift car looks.

You have a protouring style camaro.... protouring is very popular.

Fender flares in general are very popular.... maybe not on a 67 camaro.
    chin soilers, very popular.
    the stripes, very popular...
    satin black, very popular...
    dish wheels, very popular...

you put your personal touch on the car, but it's done with a list of mods that a lot of people commonly do.

Certified Gearhead

Hey thank you very much!

and I still dont know why folks are thinking I am angry.. hahha.. I have the ability to live life and create and its not like my Camaro is the only creation I will ever make..

I mean.. my current creations are pretty fun so far..

so yea..

I stated my point and thats all I wanted to do.. does this look like bumblebee... thats all.. and many said yes it does.

I just remember when folks used to root for the underdog and "stick it to the man" for things of this nature.. not help him put the boot down and say "who do you think you are to speak your mind"

also..

heres the hilarious thing about those pics you posted..

You posted up MY car on the first photo.. and 5 of my CAR CLUB members influenced by MY car and they will tell you themselves.

oh well..

but no you didnt post up a 67 with ALL the combinations of mine(which you stated is common as butt fucking).. so cant give you a hunned my child.

*rides off on a unicorn..

hah

Hey thank you very much!

and I still dont know why folks are thinking I am angry.. hahha.. I have the ability to live life and create and its not like my Camaro is the only creation I will ever make..

I mean.. my current creations are pretty fun so far..

so yea..

I stated my point and thats all I wanted to do.. does this look like bumblebee... thats all.. and many said yes it does.

I just remember when folks used to root for the underdog and "stick it to the man" for things of this nature.. not help him put the boot down and say "who do you think you are to speak your mind"

also..

heres the hilarious thing about those pics you posted..

You posted up MY car on the first photo.. and 5 of my CAR CLUB members influenced by MY car and they will tell you themselves.

oh well..

but no you didnt post up a 67 with ALL the combinations of mine(which you stated is common as butt fucking).. so cant give you a hunned my child.

*rides off on a unicorn..

hah
    lol, i almost linked your exact car from a different stage in build.... i caught myself.

Your car is amazing. Best looking 60s camaro ive ever seen. Your car looks better than the transformers one.... much better.... attention to detail cant be duplicated. In the small areas of imperfection you can tell the difference between someone who put some parts on a car for a movie and someone who put their soul into a car.

Certified Gearhead

Look all I want is for ATL to stand up and ride for the lil guy.. man I ride for you all... and those who know me know.

Other than that.. I said what I had to say, sometimes thats all a man has to do.. say whats bothering him and hes good.. so I busted my nut and im okay.. ahahha

I never wanted money or to put anyone down at all but it happened to me in reverse.. for some reason.

Oh i understand, but still at the end of the day, so what if he saw your car and copied it? I mean theres no patent on modeling a car after an existing design right? IF i decided to go duplicate your car right now theres nothing you can do about it.

Has MIchael Bay actually said "I invented this car and drew it up"? IF he has then I could totally understand being upset. Obviously certain design elements are eerily similar. However, if someone just snapped a photo of the car and put 2+2 together, then , dont see the big deal really

Not being combative
    -www.usedbarcode.net

but damn can i not have ANY credit for doing as a whole what i did to a 67 camaro?.. not in its individual parts but as a whole?.. please find another 67 with the EXACT same combinations of modifications.. all of them.. together on one car like mine... bumblebee happens to count off all on the checklist.
    I would think no, you put your car out on a public forum and promoted it, once you make it public, you acknowledge its up for copying. you enjoyed the publicity you got from it, this is one of the by products.

You cant patent a cars looks.

If Bay saw a picture of the car and decided thats what he wanted, you should be happy you inspired someone. Hopefully he says "man i saw this camaro on ???????? and thats the direction we went with"
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Peewee

Why is this such a big deal? I guess every honda owner should be calling each other out.. There is no way to be original in the car scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermin View Post
    Why is this such a big deal? I guess every honda owner should be calling each other out.. There is no way to be original in the car scene.
    I've said this before....

Everything with a car has been done before. If you want to be different, ride a camel to work.

Peewee

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    I've said this before....

Everything with a car has been done before. If you want to be different, ride a camel to work.
    Didn't feel like reading the whole thread haha and exactly.. I'm POSITIVE theres a twin of every single modded car

Certified Gearhead

Please find a twin of my car with the exact modifications you are sure of.. aside from bumblebee.

100 buck to you if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    I would think no, you put your car out on a public forum and promoted it, once you make it public, you acknowledge its up for copying. you enjoyed the publicity you got from it, this is one of the by products.
    I don't think he's worried about the legality of it all, or even compensation... it's more the fact of someone trying to get the kudos for the creativity and correct combination of the elements that built it. There's probably some creative director in their offices who feels like king shit right now. They all pat him on the back on the way in to the office in the mornings for his awesome bumblebee 2013 concept.

It wouldn't really matter if it was something that was more of an 'inspired by' type of thing, this looked like it took work to blatantly do. It's not a few parts here and there, it's like the exact same build and build style, which is something someone created from the bottom up.

Not only did they have to analyze exactly the same shit, they'd have to source it- for that of course it took research. During that research I'm sure they found him and how to reach him, but didn't want to give props for a badass design, but thought it was nice enough to use in their multi-million $ movie.

Please find a twin of my car with the exact modifications you are sure of.. aside from bumblebee.

100 buck to you if you do.
    so the article was written IMO from a standpoint of malice. Like someone is upset that a major movie director copied your car design and you want the credit.

My point was you put your car out on the INTERFUCKINGNET, of COURSE its going to get copied. What did you think was going to happen?

So Michael Bay might be a dooshbag for not giving you props, well we already knew that.

I just dont see the point. This is a worthless thread.

I could go copy your exact car right now, and claim I BUILT IT, and theres nothing you can do about it....except get someone to write an article about it on Jalopnik for people to bitch and moan over HAHA. I guarantee theres a car just like yours, it probably just isnt on the internet
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by RandomGuy View Post

Not only did they have to analyze exactly the same shit, they'd have to source it- for that of course it took research. During that research I'm sure they found him and how to reach him, but didn't want to give props for a badass design, but thought it was nice enough to use in their multi-million $ movie.
    so does everyone with a black widow style 2 body kit get pissed off at Gone in 60 Seconds?

You telling me no one ABSOLUTELY NO ONE on planet earth has a car that could be confused with Vengenaces car?
    -www.usedbarcode.net

so the article was written IMO from a standpoint of malice. Like someone is upset that a major movie director copied your car design and you want the credit.....except get someone to write an article about it on Jalopnik for people to bitch and moan over HAHA.
    Just so you know, Vengeance didn't contact Jalopnik. He never asked them to write an article about it. Fuck legality or expectations. If you can't understand the disappointment over a pop culture movie basically redefining something you spent your sweat, blood and tears to create, then I doubt there is anything to left to say about it. I sometimes wonder if some of these dudes are as heartless in real life or if it's just the internet that sucks out any sort of sympathy for a fellow car lover. Funny thing is, those people are the ones making this a big deal, not Vengeance.

You telling me no one ABSOLUTELY NO ONE on planet earth has a car that could be confused with Vengenaces car?
    A lay person who doesn't know shit about cars maybe could confuse them but not anyone who knows anything about pro-touring or first gen camaros at all. If you find one that matches Vengeance's mods more closely than Bumblebee does, I will throw in $100 of my own on top of Vengeances.

so does everyone with a black widow style 2 body kit get pissed off at Gone in 60 Seconds?

Always thought it was cool they had an Si in that movie but ridiculous they had it in a race against a Porsche.
    Twisted Loop Racing

Certified Gearhead

sinflicks

you love posting my car club homies cars.. lol.

specially the flat black 69 with the stabilizer bars.. whom based his car off mine and is in my crew.

pics with Darren in it..

go here..

The Street Fighters

youll see a trend and reoccurring elements there.

yet again..

STILL..

no 67 with everything on it..

you just dont care to see the differences and are on a mission to just "win"

no money for nunaya..

*rides off again on a Unicorn.
    Last edited by TheVengeance; 06-03-2013 at 11:50 PM.

LOL sounds like a bunch of people are whining over Michael Bay cloning a car (allegedly) that was publicly put on the INTERNET. You realize how absolutely asinine this sounds right?

My last post:

Great looking car, Im sorry it will forever be enshrined as bumblebee. you poor poor man you.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

sinflicks

you love posting my car club homies cars.. lol.

specially the flat black 69 with the stabilizer bars.. whom based his car off mine and is in my crew.

go here..

The Street Fighters

youll see a trend and reoccurring elements there.

yet again..

STILL..

no 67 with everything on it..

you just dont care to see the differences and are on a mission to just "win"

no money for nunaya..

*rides off again on a Unicorn.

IMO, flares are bit different, and rims look bigger in back, along with window tint, but very close to say the least..

My guess is they ask a shop to render something, the shop searched and found something to base ideas from, and Micheal Bay approved it.

But Bro... Maybe an email to the right people could get credit if that's what you feel is respectable.

Certified Gearhead

well how about this

these first.. (note whos car is the wheel mani's icon)

then a later confirmation it was to my cars specs..

yea.. allegedly huh?

one day the shoe may be on the other foot for you.. even though this isnt that bad for me.

LOL jesus you are butthurt over some stupid shit.

So someone stole your cars appearance. Who really cares? Why the fuck do you care?

"hey guys check out these pics of my car"

"WHAT?? WHY WOULD SOMEONE COPY My CAR? I ONLY POSTED IT ON THE INTERNET AND PUT UP 100s OF PHOTOS ABoUT IT"

Its seriously the dumbest fucking thread/article i have ever read. Bunch of whining crying grown ass men pissed off some guy in hollywood built a car that looks like theirs, or , GASP, is identical.

UNSUBSCRIBED
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast