Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hmm... 1911 content inside!

have fun with that man. I may be interested in the champion. Let me know how she looks when u get it.
    "The 1911 is a collection of subsystems that must work together. Each part must be prepared and fit properly not only in and of itself, but also with regard to the other parts with which it must operate for the gun to function and appear as desired."

i will. The lightweight has had some work also but its the same price and i would rather have it instead. if not i understand. its cool

maybe i will keep both and try to make a dollar off of it.

I have been looking into getting it cbob' but the prices are crazy on most sites.
    Only two men ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. Defend your rights or lose them forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Truegiant View Post
    i will. The lightweight has had some work also but its the same price and i would rather have it instead. if not i understand. its cool

maybe i will keep both and try to make a dollar off of it.

I have been looking into getting it cbob' but the prices are crazy on most sites.
    Bob it urself, thats what i would do if i get it from you
    "The 1911 is a collection of subsystems that must work together. Each part must be prepared and fit properly not only in and of itself, but also with regard to the other parts with which it must operate for the gun to function and appear as desired."

u got a bandsaw? I built a jig for a guy to bob a few but i didnt feel confident enough doing it with a dremel.
    Only two men ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. Defend your rights or lose them forever.

u got a bandsaw? I built a jig for a guy to bob a few but i didnt feel confident enough doing it with a dremel.
    files. Power tools soo scarryy.

ok. maybe a dremel to dump the nice big peice, but leaving plenty for fitting by file. least thats what my plan is.

Sounds like fun. I woke up at 6am today and drove to south carolina to pick up a truck. The truck was almost all the way to charleston. I will snap some pics tomorrow. Its a serious beater but it was a good price and had alot of recent work done to it. Going to slap a coat of paint on it, clean up some wiring problems were they hacked up the lights for the towing, clean up the inside, and drive it.

Got a couple of more loose ends to tie up and then progress is going to be made on the business ventures. I am supposed to meet the guy with the lightweight tuesday so we will see on that. I am going to pikc up the champion tomorrow.

Anywho.. I have been laying flooring all day and am tired as fuck!

Later.

Hey u see this man? 30% off frames and slides that are instock. Guess who i am calling tomorrow!

http://www.caspianarmsltd.com/

I got an email from them saying they had stuff on sale. I am picking up that pistol tomorrow. The lightweight fell through today but i am still looking. Prlly going to just blast that champion and coat it and sell it. Pick up a lightweight or maybe one of these caspians and we can do the twins.

Still wanna find a nice 10mm combat gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Damn that sucks that they're discontinuing them.. Do you think they will be hard to find new from now on?
    Last edited by WickedIXMR; 01-20-2010 at 04:17 AM.

not hard to find at all. Pick them up on gunbroker!

Got the 1911 in today. Danny. PM Inbound

Updates:

Got the champion in today. I think I am going to order another CCO frame/slide set from caspian along with a fullsize bbq gun. This one might get a refresh/mini build and resell.

Definate replacement items:
    Sights
    Extractor
    Trigger

Items of interest:
    CBOB
    Cerakote
    Debur
    Small finish work on KEY items!

Once again it will depend on wether or not Caspian hooks me up!

Danny.. you mentioned stainless slide and carbon frame. set it up like this one but with the polished flats like we talked about! sexy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -danny1-jpg  

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=154463138

This is the platform and setup that i want. 10mm.. stainless.. checkering.. front and rear serrations.. night sights..

Its a shame its a mimber... It would pay for itself to start with this platform for my custom build.. hmm..

SOMEONE tell me not to order it RIGHT NOW!

not hard to find at all. Pick them up on gunbroker!

Got the 1911 in today. Danny. PM Inbound
    I saw only one of them on gunbroker but it was used. I found a store that has one in stock BNIB in Wyoming so I think I'm gonna get that one.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=154463138

This is the platform and setup that i want. 10mm.. stainless.. checkering.. front and rear serrations.. night sights..

Its a shame its a mimber... It would pay for itself to start with this platform for my custom build.. hmm..

SOMEONE tell me not to order it RIGHT NOW!
    What's wrong with Kimber's?

Danny.. you mentioned stainless slide and carbon frame. set it up like this one but with the polished flats like we talked about! sexy!
    Is that a single stack Polymer 1911 frame? I can't seem to find them in anything but double stack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowwrx
    I fucked ©hris's mom

no its aluminum. I was using it for a reference piece.

Kimber used to stand for a good name. They used to have all hand fit parts like some of the big name guys. They switched all of there production except for a few out of there custom shop to MIM parts. There custom service dept went to shit. Realistically I suppose since i only need the slide/frame/barrel/and a few other components it would turn into a custom build anywho. i would end up spending about $600 less dollars than the alternative route but would have to get that logo shaved off! haha..

no its aluminum. I was using it for a reference piece.

Kimber used to stand for a good name. They used to have all hand fit parts like some of the big name guys. They switched all of there production except for a few out of there custom shop to MIM parts. There custom service dept went to shit. Realistically I suppose since i only need the slide/frame/barrel/and a few other components it would turn into a custom build anywho. i would end up spending about $600 less dollars than the alternative route but would have to get that logo shaved off! haha..
    but the frame/slide quality wouldnt be to par with say colt or springfield. AND you would have that nasty swartch (sp?) safety to deal with!

Kimber series 1 pistols are a whole different story, they are more expensive and much older than the new kimbers lol.

Should be emailing my ffl info to Caspian today! Yeehaw!

sounds good.

The safety is really the only major issue. You can adjust slide/frame fit on any gun!

Anywho...

I am waiting to hear back from caspian one last time and then its on like donkey kong!

I didnt even have the time to clean her. Danny 1911 is in the mail along with two knives. Get em all coated up for me! You better put that cbob jig to work dammit! No rush.. I know school and work can get time consuming.

dont forget about bobtail grips. these looked neat
    http://www.vzgrips.com/index.php/com...category_id=24

I am going to call wilson combat tomorrow and get my discount on some new mags and maybe a set of sights. They have their low profile no snag night sites on sale for factory cuts. Grips and a holster!

Guide rod I think I have in my box in the garage, plug I think I have as well.

Anywho.. Get her in, put down the official list, and call me before you order so i know what we are getting. Somebody on here has called dibs on the champion when we get it done if my caspian deal falls through. He wants a special color combo on the setup so as soon as he picks out what he wants and gives me a deposit we will do it his way. if not we can do it the way we originally planned.

My new frame and slide combo will look similair to these!

Caspian Stainless Recon Race Ready Frame:
    20lpi front checkering
    Hand fit
    Integral plunger tube
    Tactical magwell

Caspian Stainless 5" Slide
    Full Size Slide:
    Novak Lo-mount:
    Novak front dovetail:
    Bevel Package:
    Front cocking serrations:
    Serrated flat top:
    Recon Rail radius:

This is just a teaser list. Here is kind of what its going to look like minus grips, coating, etc..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2%20tone%20race%20ready%20recon%20lh-jpg   -lrg-41-1911_40sw_best_right-jpg  

was just htinking.. is the champ a bull bbl?

nope.. thats the only pitfall to it.. why do you ask?

Here is that pic I was talking about . Graphite Black over Sniper gray!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -johnt1-jpg  

thats outa control hot. I got some swatches coming in from NIC (cerakote), want some different color for my CCO build.

i am trying to search for which grips i want for it. i wanna copy that color scheme for sure.. its super hot!

Anywho.. I am hoping she turns out nice. Blast a few rounds in it then look for a alum project. Man those reverse CCO's look weird.. not sure if i like it??

reverse CCOs are wack looking. Personally i dont see the point. Might as well go commander size imo.

So i am thinking of building my cco similarly to my govt, same sights, same controls etc. To keep things uniform for training purposes. TO make the difference between the two minimal and very managable (from a tactics/simplicity point of view)

that sounds like a great idea. just do the stainless/polished look on it. Make it fancy but functional. How soon are you thinking of starting to order parts?

how much does adventure charge for cutting the rear sight for a novak?

Price list on thier site. here it is. No idea of the smiths competency level.

TIGHTEN SLIDE
    $60-80
    FIT MATCH BARREL $125-150
    FIT BUSHING $35
    BEVEL MAG WELL $35-50
    CHECKER FRONT STRAP $150-200
    OPEN & FLARE EJECTION PORT $60
    THROAT POLISH RAMP $45
    FIT NEW TRIGGER $20
    TRIGGER JOB (3½-5#) $65
    TRIGGER JOB (2-3#) $85
    SER “80” ADD $15
    FULL MELT DOWN SLIDE $150
    BOB TAIL FRAME $150
    STAKE ON SIGHT (70-80 SERIES) $35
    CUT DOVETAIL & FIT FRONT SIGHT $65
    BOMAR CUT REAR SIGHT $125-150
    NOVARK CUT REAR SIGHT $125
    FIT THUMB SAFETY $35
    FIT AMBI SAFETY $45-60
    BEAVERTAIL CUT BROWN $80-100
    BEAVERTAIL DROP IN $25-50
    FRONT SLIDE SERRATION $75-100
    COMPENSATER KIT $100-200

You want a "novaRk" rear sight cut lol!

What about these bad boys? They are cheaper than getting the slide cut!

then just blend the shit out of them to make them look cleaner. then coat them to match?

What about these bad boys? They are cheaper than getting the slide cut!

then just blend the shit out of them to make them look cleaner. then coat them to match?
    u forgots da linkzzzzzzzzz

my bad hoe!

I went back and looked at them, they are for a colt. I thought they were all standard mil spec cuts on colts?

http://usarmorment.com/trijicon-m191...ang-p-890.html

Are the cuts that much different?

The .125 tang width blade can be modified by a local gun smith to .085 to fit a Springfield 1911, but other .45 brands don't fit these blades.

I am wondering if its worth buying a set of LEO take offs for $50 and carefully filing them down to fit?

http://www.novaksights.com/genuine%2...ovak_sight.htm

What about these.. they say they require no machine work?

http://www.novaksights.com/genuine%2...ovak_sight.htm

What about these.. they say they require no machine work?
    that should work. ill figure this front sight out soon. Ill check and see if its novak cut, if it is then we can just order a std novak cut front sight.

brownells carries that novak rear for the stock cut that ur linked. 72$

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast