Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Expert Help Needed -- Gamers Come Plz!!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Formerly Spyder Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Buford, Ga
    Age
    48
    Posts
    14,149
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vTeC
    Alright, let's get to business. I play CS-Source and have been playing CS for about 5 years. Earlier this week, I started seeing a lot of what I thought was lag, so I checked my rates, checked my loss, fps, and choke, but everything was great. Wasn't a ping spike, as my ping was holding steady, so I assumed the server just sucked. I then went to one server after another, and the same outcome. My in and out data rates are fine, even on the 33tickrate servers. After reinstalling CS-Source to no avail, I assumed it was the comp, and that maybe drivers were messed up..I reinstalled video drivers to have only the same problem, with many diff versions of the drivers. I reformatted yesterday, and got everything running good again, but am having the same problem. I have checked my CPU and Video temperatures, and they are looking great, so I am getting a tad bit angry here.

    Basically, what is happening, is that when there is any action (sometimes just me running) it seems like my fps drop to like 10, yet in the graphs they hold steady. It definately just looks like a shitty video card to me, yet i know it can easily handle the feat of playing CSS. Since the temp is ok, I assume the fan and heatsink are properly in place (fan is working fine). I mean the thermal paste I having physically checked, but I see no need. I have also ran ran AquaMark3 and PCMark05 with average scores, as well as the CSS framerate test (160 fps).

    Any help someone can give me here is greatly appreciated here, to save me the 60 mile trip to the store I buy my parts. Could it be the power supply?? How could i check the amp/voltage coming out steadily? Just whatever you can think of.

    SPECS

    ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
    AMD 64 3500+ (socket 939)
    1 gig of corsair DDR 400 shared (xms pro-series)
    Geforce 6600gt (pci express)
    did you try different games or software to make sure everything is working properly? i know it sounds odd.. but how about a different monitor?
    :boobies:

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    A little town called Nunyagoddamnbusiness
    Posts
    3,341
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Man
    did you try different games or software to make sure everything is working properly? i know it sounds odd.. but how about a different monitor?
    That or up the refresh rate as high as your monitor can safely handle.

    My monitor runs at 1024x768 at 100hz refresh rate

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!