Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting my "better abs exercise" tonight

Banned

yeahhhh i know what you mean about the visors. like the red spyder?

just don't do anything weird to your car like that other guy with the spyder with lambo doors.

and just tens? what bout bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by autumnk5
    yeahhhh i know what you mean about the visors. like the red spyder?

just don't do anything weird to your car like that other guy with the spyder with lambo doors.

and just tens? what bout bigger?
    LOL I have my 10's already and with a bigger box they will be as loud as Gumbi's. They need 6 cubic feet together. I was giveing them like 2.5 or something lol. That why they werent as loud as some other peoples. But Id rather get the car looking how i want it before i bought MORE bass lol.

Banned

oh ok.... i thought you wanted like 4 15's or some shit like that.

gumbi's is pretty good. i like it.

Quote Originally Posted by autumnk5
    oh ok.... i thought you wanted like 4 15's or some shit like that.

gumbi's is pretty good. i like it.
    I did and still do it will just require me to have a SUV or something and like $5000+ because I will need like 12000 watts. But I am happy with the Type R's. Who know I might sell them along with the 1700 watt amp and buy some rims and tires with the money. Not sure just yet I dont even have the car yet lol...Im going to get my exercise on though.

Lol I need to work out...

Emergency Medical Tech

I tried it yesterday and today..I tried to do 200 continueous but I can't so I have to take break for 10 secs every 50 reps. My whole abs are cramped now

You don't know how STRONG you are until being strong is the only
    CHOICE you have!

'Born Ready!',LJ

That's better than me. I do 10 reps and then need 50 secs to do 10 more..... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ruah_23
    I tried it yesterday and today..I tried to do 200 continueous but I can't so I have to take break for 10 secs every 50 reps. My whole abs are cramped now
    Lol how are you doing them? I know that if you just hand/arms by your thighs they are easy as shit. Do that shit with your hands behind your head and when you come up dont bend your beack keep it straight as possible. Then it hurts.

yall might disagree but ive been working out a lot in the last few months and reading books and what not. doing the 100 or even 50 crunches is definitely not the way to go.

lets say that when u first started working out, u benched 50lbs (3 sets of 10 reps). as u gain muscle, do u keep benching 50lbs until ur doing 300 reps of that same 50lbs? hell no, thats dumb as fuck! anyone that knows anything about working out will tell u to keep doing the 3 sets of 10, but progressively increase the weight (that is if ur goal is to have big muscles).

the exact same thing applies to abs. right now i do 3 sets of 10-15 inclined sit ups while "hugging" a 35lbs barbell plate thingy, and by the time im done my abs are like bulging out! i use to do 50 regular crunches per workout, then i started doing the 3 sets of 10-15 with 15lbs and been adding weight every 3 workout sessions. trust me ur abs will grow a hell lot faster!

and like everybody else said, u cant have any fat on ur stomach or the 6 pack wont show.

Are you in?

Run a few miles before you do that situp workout of yours. Running breaks down abs, and situps regain the tone. but dont do them everyday because its a larger muscle group so it needs time to repair after that. I've been running for alittle over 3 years and working abs regularly and have a pretty nice 8 pack, or so im told.

Quote Originally Posted by plv
    yall might disagree but ive been working out a lot in the last few months and reading books and what not. doing the 100 or even 50 crunches is definitely not the way to go.

lets say that when u first started working out, u benched 50lbs (3 sets of 10 reps). as u gain muscle, do u keep benching 50lbs until ur doing 300 reps of that same 50lbs? hell no, thats dumb as fuck! anyone that knows anything about working out will tell u to keep doing the 3 sets of 10, but progressively increase the weight (that is if ur goal is to have big muscles).

the exact same thing applies to abs. right now i do 3 sets of 10-15 inclined sit ups while "hugging" a 35lbs barbell plate thingy, and by the time im done my abs are like bulging out! i use to do 50 regular crunches per workout, then i started doing the 3 sets of 10-15 with 15lbs and been adding weight every 3 workout sessions. trust me ur abs will grow a hell lot faster!

and like everybody else said, u cant have any fat on ur stomach or the 6 pack wont show.
    You sir are correct. But in fact you do have to have some sort of endurance to do that though. Kind of like running would you start running maybe a few miles then maybe add some weight while you run gradually or start straight off with a nice hefty amount of weight and run maybe 1 mile? I feel that you must first have some endurance before you add some weight. So a mass number of situps would help gain some endurance while adding weight gains more muscle/definition. I would rather start doing a large mass of situps to help gain a bit of endurance than maybe say 30 reps with 20 pounds 2 weeks or so later in the work out. Than start straight out with weight period and do like 15 reps with 15 pounds the first few days. But I do see where you are coming from. Also doing more situps tones it out.

Emergency Medical Tech

This thread is getting retarded.Everyone's different.It's like how do you loose weight?there are a lot of answers to the questions some work for u,some don't..choose the best.Same as body building.CHoose the best that suit u and see the growth.

You don't know how STRONG you are until being strong is the only
    CHOICE you have!

'Born Ready!',LJ

Certified Gearhead

yah doing infinite reps for abs does nothing for you. abs are mostly fast twitch muscles, meaning you have to hit them hard, and fast for best results. 3 sets of 15 with no more than 5 seconds of rest in between works best, and adding some weight never hurts(you don't bench a plastic broom-handle, so why work abs out with no weight?). and try to get in 2 or 3 exercises.

100 sit ups, 100 push ups, 50 Curls with 80 LBs and 1.5 mile run, everyday.

Also, I used to wrestle myself, 8th in state my first year and have the record for longest qualifying match in my division (7.53). I loved it untill I screwed up my shoulder. Best workout of my life and loved that I could put my anger and stress fully into a sport. I had to play easy in practice or I would hurt my sparring partner like broken ribs or severly Dislocated shoulders. I used Russain Ties alot with a combintion of a combat roll ontop of the opponent. My best match was pin in 13 seconds by forfiet because I broke his wrist, hurt his shoulder and gave him a concussion in a matter of seconds.
    God I miss that shit.
    Honda RC51 SP1
    Yoshi RS-3 Cans
    520 Conversion
    Clip Ons
    Race Tech Fork Kit

its not really how many u do, its more how u do them. try goin up and holdin each one for like 3 seconds then go back down

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12