Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Meet / Gwinnett, I like to give credit where credit is due..

Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownDesi View Post

BTW Julio if you are not going to help out don't mess with the meet. We (we as all who go to the meet) were happy it being somewhat private, not everyone knowing. Kept most of the BP idiots away, even though we have fair share of our own. Since you have stepped in, edited the thread, and posted the address of the meet. Are you gonna be there every meet to keep it in check?
    Sorry, but you are kidding right? That shit is posted all over this site. This thread will not reveal your oh so secret Sonic Meet location, time, day, etc. Give me a break on that shit. How did you organize it? Its a public parking lot where people park and talk. If you got cops to come, great, props to you. I guarantee you that you did not singlehandedly stop the "retards" from coming though. But that's beside the point. The point is its a public parking lot meet posted all over the biggest forum in the Southeast..... You can expect it to grow as more members join. Its common sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
    I don't know any dentists, but I got a dremel and a handful of oxycontin. If you got $50 we can make this work.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aguynamedpat View Post
    Sorry, but you are kidding right? That shit is posted all over this site. This thread will not reveal your oh so secret Sonic Meet location, time, day, etc. Give me a break on that shit. How did you organize it? Its a public parking lot where people park and talk. If you got cops to come, great, props to you. I guarantee you that you did not singlehandedly stop the "retards" from coming though. But that's beside the point. The point is its a public parking lot meet posted all over the biggest forum in the Southeast..... You can expect it to grow as more members join. Its common sense.
    I have to fully agree. All ricers from BP are already at Sonic meet. And keeping it private? lol I gotta laugh at that one.

damn i haven't talked to chris in a good while. last thing i heard his band APOB was doing really good for themselves.
    You know better; next time will be a ban.

^IA's most loved^ UpSideDownDesi's Avatar

Did u go check out the Gwinnett Sonic meet thread before posting? I was talking about address being posted in that thread . Have i said i did it all by myself? Did you read my previous posts, "with the help of friends, and it made itself overtime." I can't stop retards from coming unless it's a restricted meet, not to public meet. Why didn't it grow from 06 - summer off 08, when it still happened? Why all of a sudden boom 20-30 to 70 within 1 meet difference and then to 100-200 cars?

word on the street is that sunny actually had that area developed, zoned, and paved for the meet waaay back in the day so we can have meets there.

Banned

You can't point at anybody and say they made/make the meet, or blahh blahh blahhh blahhh blahhh blahhh blahhh.

Every single person that goes there makes up the meet. You can act like you're doing something for the meet, but nobody will give a fuck if you did, or didn't.

Yep. You dont see GADSM trying to take credit for Import Showdown. We know that the event would not be anything without the people who attend it. Its common sense. I busted my ass at that event volunteering for 2 years and never once tried to take credit for it. No one has. Its all about the people who attend the stuff, not who organizes it. Paul and Julio never tried to take personal credit for TFS, they gave all the credit to the people who volunteered and attended it.

Oh, and they gave some credit to the failure that was MSN lol.
    I don't know any dentists, but I got a dremel and a handful of oxycontin. If you got $50 we can make this work.

Quote Originally Posted by 02SloWrx View Post
    I have to fully agree. All ricers from BP are already at Sonic meet. And keeping it private? lol I gotta laugh at that one.
    When it was 20-30 cars for the longest time, did mostly other than gwinnett peeps knew about it? U know it that was the same people every week . That's what i meant by somewhat private, it stayed among people who attended with only couple of new faces here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomGuy View Post
    word on the street is that sunny actually had that area developed, zoned, and paved for the meet waaay back in the day so we can have meets there.
    Hasan is on point

Yep. You dont see GADSM trying to take credit for Import Showdown. We know that the event would not be anything without the people who attend it. Its common sense. I busted my ass at that event volunteering for 2 years and never once tried to take credit for it. No one has. Its all about the people who attend the stuff, not who organizes it. Paul and Julio never tried to take personal credit for TFS, they gave all the credit to the people who volunteered and attended it.

Oh, and they gave some credit to the failure that was MSN lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by 02SloWrx View Post
    You can't point at anybody and say they made/make the meet, or blahh blahh blahhh blahhh blahhh blahhh blahhh.

Every single person that goes there makes up the meet. You can act like you're doing something for the meet, but nobody will give a fuck if you did, or didn't.

Man all this BS is coming from all i heard/he said/she said. Didn't i just say i told people the meet made itself, and people attending in my previous post. All this BS wasn't even out or mentioned till this thread.

When it was 20-30 cars for the longest time, did mostly other than gwinnett peeps knew about it? U know it that was the same people every week . That's what i meant by somewhat private, it stayed among people who attended with only couple of new faces here and there.
    Yeah but your post was directed towards Julio saying its his fault that the meets will get out of hand for posting the info in THIS thread. Not like the shits not posted all over the rest of this site. Plus word of mouth...

I have no personal beef with you Sunny

Banned

Man all this BS is coming from all i heard/he said/she said. Didn't i just say i told people the meet made itself, and people attending in my previous post. All this BS wasn't even out or mentioned till this thread.
    I'm not reading half of the stuff you say or anybody else. Just pointing out how i felt. My bad if I missed something you stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio View Post
    Upside - You are the Man..

I will give you an answer when :

You race Vteckidd and you learn to shake hands like a MAN.

Later..SuperStar.
    i approve this post
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Yeah but your post was directed towards Julio saying its his fault that the meets will get out of hand for posting the info in THIS thread. Not like the shits not posted all over the rest of this site. Plus word of mouth...

I have no personal beef with you Sunny
    Some people take E-beef way too seriously & way too personally, and no i don't have any beef or anything against you . Net is net, "why so serious" lol?

I am not trying to be cocky or saying it's my meet when i talk about the meet, but i have seen it evolve and the changes it went through.

Sonic Meet was the shit, no stupid things happened even when 100+ cars showed up. We had ZERO idiots, all calm. It doubled number when address was posted in OP for 1 month in 08. Guess who mostly showed up? It was the idiots, and it's been plagued since. Everyone who attended the meet knew where it was, came every week, brought friends along, but knew that it was no BS, laid back meet. People coming over and over respected that, but new idiots who showed up, brought it down.

-zen motors-

no offense, but i wouldn't want to take credit on a meet that is full of hs kids. i remember when it first got going, it was 99% subaru's. we used to come out and then most of us who started to make power started breaking parts. if your car is down, less likely you're going to a meet. fast forward 2 years... been to the sonic meet a few times this year... all i see is about 80% hs kids and pos cars all over the place. its no longer a car meet, its a hs hang out spot with some modded cars here and there.

not trying to downplay the meet, its just not that interesting to see a bunch of hs kids get all stupid and try to start shit with people. im too old for that shit. i usually stop by for a few to say hi to some friends and then im out with the quickness.

from what i can see, alot of people here don't like a certain someone for whatever reason. they all see this person the same way and it shows in how they portray this said person. now it doesn't help when this said person starts making stabs or excuses or reasons or just plain starts typing bs.

some people really just need to take step back and take a deep breath. it aint that serious. not everyone is gonna like you or be your friend. there is no need to always defend yourself or to become defensive when being attacked. took me a long time to learn that and i can still say alot of my friends have yet to learn it. shit, even though i have learned it, doesn't mean its always easy to carry out. you just gotta be good to people and be good to yourself. the reward is just being a good person. the rest will just fall into place.

The OG Gwinnett meets happened at PNR in Buford back in 02,03,04. What about the Sonic meets on Oak Rd? Sonic on P.Hill @ Hwy 29, the meets at the hut on Hwy 29, or what about the shit that used to go down at AMC18 in Lawrenceville....yeah fukkas.
    02' Miata

who gives a fuck?
    /end thread

IA.COM Founder.

lol.. What am I going to do? Nothing.. lol

You sure you want to flex.. ? I mean, I havent done much..

Created Importatlanta.com

Created Tuners gone wild show w/ CBT and Importsouth back in 03 @ Atlanta Dragway

Created Tunerfest shootout back in 2004..

Some of the biggest meets as far as imports.... hmm Kmart in Gwinnett 500+ cars back in 01- 02

Do you want me to keep going sir.?

I'm glad when I go to meets now a days, people hardly know me.. I have never once in my life bragged about Importatlanta or TFS... NEVER

You can ask anyone who knows me... I dont walk around saying.. Yeah, I own IA blah blah blah..

Never sir..

Listen man, actions speaks louder then words..

I understand that you are trying to market yourself.. Be fucking smart about it..
    Better ways man..

Do you know that When I started Importatlanta.com I never even rocked stickers on my car back then.. I had friends with IA stickers all over their cars... some people would say that I was stupid for doing things the way I did.. But yo, 40K + members later.. 9 years and running, Hmm.. not so stupid despite the mistakes Ive done through the years..

You can make people believe in your Ideas and see your vision w/o you even saying a word man..

You know why I think you are douchebag, because you were always trying to advertise houses or whatever on here a couple of years ago.. slide shit through.. I respect any man trying to make $$.. but must do it the right way..

If you wouldve ask me back then instead of trying to use me like a bitch.. I responded and acted.... called you out.. you got offended..

And from a business stand point.. I know for fact how most people of your race are and try to make a dollar out of a dime.. Not being racist.. Call it like I see it. And no Im not racist.. for the 2nd time...

1st to run mouth, last to pay...

And despite all that shit.. I still shook your hand at TFS 2009...

You didnt look at my eyes and your hand was shaking like a little girl...

Why man? I was willing to talk and shoot some ideas around....

The only reason you are still around here ( IA ) is because of Paul....

This is nothing personal bro.. Just business.

So if you want to try to call me out.. step your resume.. Because right now is slim compare to mines...

And if you know anything about marketing.. you would know that a large % of the ricers that go to BP / Sonic or the V.. dont even get on Fucking IA...
    I mean, look around dude.. IA is not about ricers anymore like the early days.. we have serious enthusiast on here.. C'mon bro.. the majority of the ricers are fucking hispanics....
    I mean, look around.. How many fucking hispanics on IA ?

C'mon Marketing God..

And no, Im not bragging... But you did want to flex...

Since you are all over Paul's sweet ass.. ask him how much we invested with TFS 2009.. Putting on a free event bro... We will not say a lost.. because this was our way of giving back to our IA members....

Oh and PS.. you dont even want to get into my car show days bro..

From competitor to Business ..... dude.. wake up.

IA.COM Founder.

fucking novel.. how fucking lame of me to type this shit up.. lmao..

OH SNAP! epic thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Dollar View Post
    You haven't told anyone that those are my boobs in your avatar right? Wouldn't want people going crazy or anything...I know how you get jealous

Public Enemy #1

Game Set Match Julio!

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    I would like to state for the record: I started the Bon-fire meets at my house.
    Damn I just now remembered those. I guess since every time I left one your Bon-fire meets I was so blazed and fucked up that I must have forgotten about it. Good times.

Oh and by the way, you can throw down for a 79 year old.

Public Enemy #1

Quote Originally Posted by americanctm View Post
    Damn I just now remembered those. I guess since every time I left one your Bon-fire meets I was so blazed and fucked up that I must have forgotten about it. Good times.

Oh and by the way, you can throw down for a 79 year old.
    thats not his age...its his wasit size!

Quote Originally Posted by Mach'N'U View Post
    thats not his age...its his wasit size!
    Indeed.

BTW: When was the last time you had a good 'ole fashioned country ass-whoopin? Seems like you're overdue.

Public Enemy #1

Indeed.

BTW: When was the last time you had a good 'ole fashioned country ass-whoopin? Seems like you're overdue.

Buy you a beer?

Beer will be fine.

Public Enemy #1

Beer will be fine.
    beer solving more problems every day!

DBlock

yooo i miss cramer!!!.....1

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Some of the biggest meets as far as imports.... hmm Kmart in Gwinnett 500+ cars back in 01- 02
    K-Mart or Toys-R-Us?

Don't forget all the IA/local shop meets we had as well that were quite successful. The IA/Hybrid Motorsports meets and the IA/UAB meets. We overflowed those parking lots and had to use the entire business complex over at Hybrid. Very successful. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Ownage at its best..... And fuck the gwinnett meet
    Quote Originally Posted by PURP View Post
    A g00n... is a real life thing. It walks, talks, and shits. A goblin is a fictional character that isn't real life. It's FAKE..... like rotas, y0. Hope that helps.

lol.. What am I going to do? Nothing.. lol

You sure you want to flex.. ? I mean, I havent done much..

Created Importatlanta.com

Created Tuners gone wild show w/ CBT and Importsouth back in 03 @ Atlanta Dragway

Created Tunerfest shootout back in 2004..

Do you want me to keep going sir.?

I'm glad when I go to meets now a days, people hardly know me.. I have never once in my life bragged about Importatlanta or TFS... NEVER

You can ask anyone who knows me... I dont walk around saying.. Yeah, I own IA blah blah blah..

Never sir..

Listen man, actions speaks louder then words..

I understand that you are trying to market yourself.. Be fucking smart about it..
    Better ways man..

Do you know that When I started Importatlanta.com I never even rocked stickers on my car back then.. I had friends with IA stickers all over their cars... some people would say that I was stupid for doing things the way I did.. But yo, 40K + members later.. 9 years and running, Hmm.. not so stupid despite the mistakes Ive done through the years..

You can make people believe in your Ideas and see your vision w/o you even saying a word man..

You know why I think you are douchebag, because you were always trying to advertise houses or whatever on here a couple of years ago.. slide shit through.. I respect any man trying to make $$.. but must do it the right way..

If you wouldve ask me back then instead of trying to use me like a bitch.. I responded and acted.... called you out.. you got offended..

And from a business stand point.. I know for fact how most people of your race are and try to make a dollar out of a dime.. Not being racist.. Call it like I see it. And no Im not racist.. for the 2nd time...

1st to run mouth, last to pay...

And despite all that shit.. I still shook your hand at TFS 2009...

You didnt look at my eyes and your hand was shaking like a little girl...

Why man? I was willing to talk and shoot some ideas around....

The only reason you are still around here ( IA ) is because of Paul....

This is nothing personal bro.. Just business.

So if you want to try to call me out.. step your resume.. Because right now is slim compare to mines...

And if you know anything about marketing.. you would know that a large % of the ricers that go to BP / Sonic or the V.. dont even get on Fucking IA...
    I mean, look around dude.. IA is not about ricers anymore like the early days.. we have serious enthusiast on here.. C'mon bro.. the majority of the ricers are fucking hispanics....
    I mean, look around.. How many fucking hispanics on IA ?

C'mon Marketing God..

And no, Im not bragging... But you did want to flex...

Since you are all over Paul's sweet ass.. ask him how much we invested with TFS 2009.. Putting on a free event bro... We will not say a lost.. because this was our way of giving back to our IA members....

Oh and PS.. you dont even want to get into my car show days bro..

From competitor to Business ..... dude.. wake up.
    Julio i wasn't saying anything about TFS or IA, neither are they the topic here, i know what y'all with the help of sponsors have done, no need to lay it out.

You remembered to comment about how i shook my hand, but forgot that i did look straight at you, i took your hand with a smile, and said "good event man". I stood right there after, should have shared what you wanted to talk about. I was gonna talk too about just squashing this online BS because it's not doing any good or goin anywhere, but like you i didn't say anything either.

I got no personal beef with you, and yea all this BS started year or so back when you took down the houses i posted. You are telling me that I should have just messaged after you called me out by makin a thread swearin left and right at me. You could have messaged me too with a warning PM after deletin my threads for houses, it would have been cool. Instead you told all the mods to delete all my F/S thread even if they were car parts, for my car or any small thing. Believe me or not, you did brag out IA ownership. Even others said what u did was hard. All the BS has been goin on since.

I know for fact too that people of my race get a dollar worth out of a dime (pretty smart at business stand point), reason we have achieved and stand where we do .

This online BS can go forever or we can squash it or move on with it. I got no personal beef with you and e-beef is worthless. I am ready to shake hands and move on if you are?
    Last edited by UpSideDownDesi; 09-30-2009 at 01:07 PM.

I havent seen julio type that much in a few years...nice!

You could have messaged me too with a warning PM after deletin my threads for houses,
    In defense of Julio's staff, it is stated that we don't have to PM anyone with why we do what we do. Not even the OP. Later, QD.

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    In defense of Julio's staff, it is stated that we don't have to PM anyone with why we do what we do. Not even the OP. Later, QD.
    Correct, but where does it state to create a callout thread swearing at me then telling other mods to delete my other non related threads (that don't break any rules)?

Correct, but where does it state to create a callout thread swearing at me then telling other mods to delete my other non related threads (that don't break any rules)?
    All I can say is that he's the boss. You can do what you want on your own site. I'm sure Julio knew that his post to you wouldn't have any ramifications on IA (as it is obvious since it's still growing) so he did it. If he thought it would have had a major impact, he might not have done it. You have to remember that it's his site. He can do what he wants. If we don't like it, then we can leave. Hail I'm included in that, dude. And, according to a drunken Scotsman, "I'm the shit." Later, QD.

All I can say is that he's the boss. You can do what you want on your own site. I'm sure Julio knew that his post to you wouldn't have any ramifications on IA (as it is obvious since it's still growing) so he did it. If he thought it would have had a major impact, he might not have done it. You have to remember that it's his site. He can do what he wants. If we don't like it, then we can leave. Hail I'm included in that, dude. And, according to a drunken Scotsman, "I'm the shit." Later, QD.
    okay

okay
    I'm not clowning you right now, just answering the way I think it probably is. Later, QD.

I'm not clowning you right now, just answering the way I think it probably is. Later, QD.
    cool

I hate the sonic meet now, I only go for 30 minutes or less now to see friends that I rarely see due to me going to school in Knoxville. When I first started going The parking spots by the road is where me and all my friends parked then there were about 20 other cars in front of us. When the cars were 90% quality.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast