1. I have heard some funny ass black jokes, but those weren't really funny.
2. The use of nigger in a black joke as a the setup shows an intention of a racist joke and not just a stupid funny joke. Same as with any other racial slurs as the setup.
3. White people aren't holding back blacks anymore??? I think a more apropriate phrase would be that blacks also hold back blacks now as well. Try dating a white girl (that is if you can find on that isn't a wannabe or scared to bring you home to mommy and daddy) and see what comments she gets from both sides of the fence if you think white people are 'a okay' with us. And that is just the beginning. Racism is still around, just hidden so you THINK those sorts of things. Is it as difficult as the past? Most certainly not.
The just drop it thing is old and tired, I know some Jewish people that get seriously pissed when you crack Jewish/Holocaust jokes and some that don't give a fuck. The problem is if you don't properly remember your trials you will go through them again. It's also similar to telling a family of a deceased war vet to get over it, people will keep their pride in relation to what their ancestors go through because it gets passed down in the way you raise your children. Blacks forget slavery and Jews forget the Holocaust?!? No, but for me to be mad at anyone I have met here today or tomorrow is retarded as hell.
My point is this:
The just get over it shit is ignorant as hell
The I'm mad at that white person I don't know is ignorant as hell
You have to be able to respect the past pains as well as forge new bonds in the future.




Reply With Quote