19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty

1 5.26%
  • Not Guilty

18 94.74%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman verdict

Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    all i'm saying is Zimmerman deserves time in jail for killing this person, nothing more nothing less. just like anyone else that kills another person.
    WHOA, What?!? Anyone who kills another person deserves jail time?

So if someone breaks into my house in the middle of the night and somehow makes it past my 2 dogs and I shoot them to protect my wife and myself I should go to jail?

If someone assaults me on the street and proceeds to beat me relentlessly and I manage to draw a weapon and shoot them I should go to jail?

^^^^ His thinking is if you dont know, you ASSUME.

Its crazy he can say "WE DONT KNOW WE WERENT THERE" and then jump to the conclusion of CONVICTING someone when he admits HE DOESNT EVEN KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!

I mean its just SCARY.

I wonder if he knows innocent until proven guilty.

What he is describing is guilty by profiling. By what he THINKS should happen , not what the facts show.Ironic
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    I agree that legally right isnt the same as morally right. I like this example for highlighting that...

Lets say you hear someone breaking in your home at night, you walk into your living room to find someone has crawled in your window and shoot them. Turns out your daughter invited that person over and left the window open. You didnt know that. The guy who came in the window didnt mean any harm and was invited by your daughter. Your perception of those events as they unfolded would lead to you being legally in the right, but morally there would be no denying that shooting your daughter's boyfriend was wrong.

The events that led up to Trayvon and Zimmerman crossing paths are open for moral scrutiny but the legality of their altercation and how it ended is pretty cut and dry self defense.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    no its not possible, because you decide a case based upon FACTS, not what ifs.

The facts which are presented by Police, Forensics , EYE WITNESSES claim that Zimmerman was in fear of his life because Trayvon was attacking him and Zimmerman sustained damages that are consistent with this story.

The Prosecution has not offered any contrary evidence, just WHAT IFs. What if Trayvon said "IM GONNA KILL YOU CRAKCER'' or Zimmerman said "DIE *nword*". Its irrelevent because unless theres someone to BACK THOSE STATEMENTS UP, they are discounted and purely speculation.

The fact Zimmerman said that Trayvon said "youre gonna die tonight" is irrelevant , because it cant be proven. We dont know if he said that, likewise we dont know who threw the first punch. Who cares, the point is was Zimemrman justified in shooting Trayvon, according to the EVIDENCE, NOT EMOTION, that answer is YES.

IF TRAYVON WAS ALIVE , IT WOULD BE DIFFERENT.

WE DONT TRY PEOPLE ON WHAT IFs. If we did, Casey Anthony and OJ would be in jail for MURDER.
    That wasnt a "what if". Lol. Nothing emotional about it. Zimmerman didnt just shoot Trayvon in a vacuum. Lol.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

There needs to be a mistrial option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    That wasnt a "what if". Lol. Nothing emotional about it. Zimmerman didnt just shoot Trayvon in a vacuum. Lol.
    Again, you and sammich dont understand how the LAW works.

Jury decides based on EVIDENCE. The fact that Trayvon isnt alive to tell his story , that happens EVERYDAY across America. INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

The evidence shows that:
    Zimmerman was suspicious of TM
    TM Beat Zimmerman and was on top of him
    ZImmerman had injuries consistent with being beaten
    Zimmerman yelled for help
    Eyewitness testifies to this under oath
    Police agree with this evidence
    Zimmerman acted with self defense.

The whole who hit who first, was it racial, etc is BULLSHIT and is not relevant. Why? Because you cant prove any of it when 1 of the key witnesses is DEAD. What you have to ask yourself is , did ZImmerman act in self defense, and the answer is overwhelmingly YES.

Could he have GAMED the system and knew how to set it up where he could get off? ABSOLUTELY. That makes him smart, not guilty.

YOU KNOW WHY?

BECAUSE YOU CANT PROVE IT.

Since you cant prove zimmerman swung first, you also cant prove TM swung first. But you CAN prove that TM attacked Zimmerman. Witnesses testified to it.

CASE CLOSED.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

This is why you dont CHARGE people if you cant PROVE it. It leads to Casey Anthony and Zimmerman. Overzealous prosecutors that charge someone with less than sufficient evidence.

Cases are about what you can PROVE. You CANNOT PROVE anything you guys are talking about. ZImmerman, by virtue of being alive, can tell his side and call witnesses to prove his side. HE DID. because TM isnt alive to refute it.

This is the whole reason why he wasnt charged in the first 40 days until the media got involved.

If blank and I were in a room, alone, I could insult him, provoke him, punch him, have him punch me, and shoot and kill him. I would tell the cops "he threatened my life, i was in danger, he punched me for no reason, i retaliated, he went for my gun i had no choice, so i killed him."

If someone walked in at the point where they see him punch me (but miss the previous action), i could construct a case that it was self defense.

However, you have to consider the alternative scenario, where I was telling the truth, and not lieing.

This case is the whole basis for our legal system . its insane to see you guys wanting to convict someone based upon what conclusions you will jump to, not what you KNOW
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Senior Member | IA Veteran

This is why you dont CHARGE people if you cant PROVE it. It leads to Casey Anthony and Zimmerman. Overzealous prosecutors that charge someone with less than sufficient evidence.

Cases are about what you can PROVE. You CANNOT PROVE anything you guys are talking about. ZImmerman, by virtue of being alive, can tell his side and call witnesses to prove his side. HE DID. because TM isnt alive to refute it.

This is the whole reason why he wasnt charged in the first 40 days until the media got involved.

If blank and I were in a room, alone, I could insult him, provoke him, punch him, have him punch me, and shoot and kill him. I would tell the cops "he threatened my life, i was in danger, he punched me for no reason, i retaliated, he went for my gun i had no choice, so i killed him."

If someone walked in at the point where they see him punch me (but miss the previous action), i could construct a case that it was self defense.

However, you have to consider the alternative scenario, where I was telling the truth, and not lieing.

This case is the whole basis for our legal system . its insane to see you guys wanting to convict someone based upon what conclusions you will jump to, not what you KNOW
    "Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self defense."
    - John Adams

Just because you may think someone is guilty, and pretty much KNOW it, sometimes, you have to let them free because the state or prosecution didnt do its job.

Look at Ryan Braun, we all KNOW he used steroids, but they MIShandled the evidence against him, and theres a .00000001% chance that it was contaminated. well that small chance, its reason enough in our legal system to let him go.

Innocent until proven guilty embodies this entire standard of proof to be on the state.

You realize there are cases where guys have DNA evidence and confessions of crimes they committed, but because they werent read their rights correctly, GET OFF SCOTT FREE. You KNOW they are guilty, but without due process there is no standard of the highest order.

I assure you for every OJ that goes free and gets away with it (casey anthony) , there are cases where the opposite happens, and wrongly accused people get put in jail. Our system isnt perfect, but its the best we have.

It also ensures your rights are preserved to the best of our ability.

Imagine how bad it would be if it was guilty until proven innocent, how it was in England before we won our freedom. I could accuse anyone of a crime without due process and evidence and you could be jailed..................
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Again, you and sammich dont understand how the LAW works.
    I very much understand how the law works.

Jury decides based on EVIDENCE. The fact that Trayvon isnt alive to tell his story , that happens EVERYDAY across America. INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

The evidence shows that:
    Zimmerman was suspicious of TM
    TM Beat Zimmerman and was on top of him
    ZImmerman had injuries consistent with being beaten
    Zimmerman yelled for help
    Eyewitness testifies to this under oath
    Police agree with this evidence
    Zimmerman acted with self defense.

The whole who hit who first, was it racial, etc is BULLSHIT and is not relevant. Why? Because you cant prove any of it when 1 of the key witnesses is DEAD. What you have to ask yourself is , did ZImmerman act in self defense, and the answer is overwhelmingly YES.

Could he have GAMED the system and knew how to set it up where he could get off? ABSOLUTELY. That makes him smart, not guilty.

YOU KNOW WHY?

BECAUSE YOU CANT PROVE IT.

Since you cant prove zimmerman swung first, you also cant prove TM swung first. But you CAN prove that TM attacked Zimmerman. Witnesses testified to it.

CASE CLOSED.
    Good thing you're not a litigator, or a judge. LMAO.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

The question: Is is self defense murder

Vteckidd: Trayvon is dead so there's no evidence it was murder. Case closed

Wrap it up Florida. Vteckidd solved the case!

I'm glad it doesn't work this way. Lol.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

*sigh* I will be glad when trial is over.
    28 . female . I has VTEC . hondachik .

S.I.C. Chic (Split Image Customs II)

YOur quips are getting old. Short answers poking fun is not defending your position. Learn to debate sir

Our laws operate by what you can prove. you cannot prove zimmerman is this overaly zealous racial guy who killed TM in cold blood. NO PROOF.

But, as i have show, the evidence shows that Zimmerman has evidence he acted in self defense.

The Jury may get it wrong, and thats part of our system as well.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by hondachik View Post
    great post, would read again
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    The question: Is is self defense murder

Vteckidd: Trayvon is dead so there's no evidence it was murder. Case closed

Wrap it up Florida. Vteckidd solved the case!

I'm glad it doesn't work this way. Lol.
    Our laws state that Self Defense is not considered MURDER. No one gets convicted of "self defense".

Go read your law books again
    -www.usedbarcode.net

The end of the trial will only be the beginning of the drama.

I've been watching the daily run downs of the trial. Its pretty much open and shut that murder 2 is out. They have absolutely nothing to prove this. The manslaughter charge is also VERY flawed. Zimmerman has said repeatedly he pulled his pistol and shot Martin. It was a calculated act. That fact does not hold up to a manslaughter charge.

The end of the trial will only be the beginning of the drama.
    Drama has already began.

buy me some STP octane booster whatever210's Avatar

Instead of entering a thread. Wasting time to reply. Maybe...just maybe if your waiting for it to be "over" then you should just hit the back button on the top left hand corner of your screen

Quote Originally Posted by whatever210 View Post
    Instead of entering a thread. Wasting time to reply. Maybe...just maybe if your waiting for it to be "over" then you should just hit the back button on the top left hand corner of your screen
    And you are? You claimed I wasted MY time, yet you wasted YOUR time quoting me AND responding. Hmm..doesn't seem like much of a waste of time now does it? Or was it...hmmm. :O

And you are? You claimed I wasted MY time, yet you wasted YOUR time quoting me AND responding. Hmm..doesn't seem like much of a waste of time now does it? Or was it...hmmm. :O
    It doesnt matter who i am. we will never meet. I didn't waste my time. I've been I this thread since page 1. I createda thread on 240atl long before this one was even up so i do care. Where were you? Did you give a opinion or just come in here to talk about something you don't want to hear/talk about anymore which is contradicting your own self by posting a reply in here. Nice try tho tough guy. Please try again.
    Last edited by whatever210; 07-12-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Lol. You continue to respond to my "time wasted." Kay.

One thing i'm surprised nobody has mentioned yet, Mark O'Mara is a brilliant lawyer.

One thing i'm surprised nobody has mentioned yet, Mark O'Mara is a brilliant lawyer.
    He looks better than he really is because the prosecution only charged Zimmerman because of political pressure. They knew they didnt have enough to actually convict him. I would imagine he would be looking very ordinary right now if he prosecution actually had some real evidence.

The best piece of 'evidence' the prosecution has is the fact that zimmerman didnt listen to the operators advice to stay in his car.

The funny thing is even in the instructions handed to the jury, the judge clearly made the case that they have to find Zimmerman not guilty. Theres no evidence to suggest this was anything but self defense.

She even explicitly said he had no obligation to retreat, no obligation to not pursue, nothing he did was illegal , therefore, he was allowed to be where he was legally , he had the right to be where he was.

Their law is written very ambiguous, but its the law.

If hes found anything but not guilty, its purely based on race and the media hyperbole. It will be a dangerous verdict because the Media will have single handedly tried and convicted someone based upon no evidence
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    The best piece of 'evidence' the prosecution has is the fact that zimmerman didnt listen to the operators advice to stay in his car.
    he didnt have to

Quote Originally Posted by JUDGE
    If George Zimmerman was not engaged in an unlawful activity and was attacked in any place where he had a right to be, he had no duty to retreat and had the right to stand his ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he reasonably believed that it was necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.
    It was not illegal for him to disregard the Operator, and he had legal right to be where he was.

Eyewitness saw TM beating Zimmerman up, he had a right to use force.

Again, EASY CASE, theres a reason he wasnt charged in the first 40+ days.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...49260673,d.cGE
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    He looks better than he really is because the prosecution only charged Zimmerman because of political pressure. They knew they didnt have enough to actually convict him. I would imagine he would be looking very ordinary right now if he prosecution actually had some real evidence.

This is true.... He was handed a homerun pitch with this case. A lot of people i talk to keep stressing the fact that Zimmerman ignored the 911 operator's instructions to stay in the car. I dont see why that is a major focal point of the case. A 911 dispatcher has no authority to tell you to do anything. I recall a recent case where a 911 dispatcher told a woman who was hiding in the closet with her child during a home invasion to put her gun down and wait for the police, the robber eventually broke in the closet and she shot him 5 times. I feel that the entire argument is based around speculation. We know that he ignored the dispatcher, but that doesnt speak to why he did. Any theory as to why he ignored them is speculation and cant be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. I think he was just an over zealous neighbor who wanted to keep watch of his neighborhood and assist the police in catching what he thought was a potential robber.

If hes found anything but not guilty, its purely based on race and the media hyperbole. It will be a dangerous verdict because the Media will have single handedly tried and convicted someone based upon no evidence

Agreed

It was not illegal for him to disregard the Operator, and he had legal right to be where he was.

Eyewitness saw TM beating Zimmerman up, he had a right to use force.

Again, EASY CASE, theres a reason he wasnt charged in the first 40+ days.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...49260673,d.cGE
    And agreed.

This entire trial is about politics, not law.

YOur quips are getting old. Short answers poking fun is not defending your position. Learn to debate sir

Our laws operate by what you can prove. you cannot prove zimmerman is this overaly zealous racial guy who killed TM in cold blood. NO PROOF.

But, as i have show, the evidence shows that Zimmerman has evidence he acted in self defense.

The Jury may get it wrong, and thats part of our system as well.
    Am I the only one that notices that once you post something like this, you never see blank post again until 769 posts later? And when he does it certainly isn't with an answer.

It's never with an answer, he waits until the subject gets changed a bit and comes back full force with some more off the wall nonsense until someone posts something like that again, wash, rinse, repeat.

Has Zimmerman been acquitted yet?

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    Bitches love bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Has Zimmerman been acquitted yet?

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    The riots aren't scheduled until Monday. They make better press that way...

Nobody is going to give a shit about a riot in Miami over the weekend... People will just assume the Heat won another game.

#wentthere

Echo stop double posting!!! Lol. Hehe, Miami Heat. Hehe, good one. No lie I did just get a brief look at the defense's tactics. Niceeee, very nice.

The riots aren't scheduled until Monday. They make better press that way...

Nobody is going to give a shit about a riot in Miami over the weekend... People will just assume the Heat won another game.
    I took monday off, gotta keep neighborhood watch.

Lol. You continue to respond to my "time wasted." Kay.
    Lol, you amuse me.

Not Guilty

Not Guilty
    Justice has been done. Get ready for the riots.

Riots will begin and he will have to go into hiding. Kind of like Casey Anthony.
    Last edited by hondachik; 07-13-2013 at 09:17 PM.

What can we take away from this?

Be careful when venturing to the convenience store for a snack.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast