Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,920 of 2190

Thread: Defend your right to own a car.

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    And you feel that its a constitutional right to own a magazine with more than a 10 round capacity and no serial number on it, and to be able to buy guns with no background checks.

So which 2nd amendment right got removed? I didn't see any news about the government amending the constitution.

You really think 10rd magazines and magazines with a serial number is going to prevent a single gun crime from happening?

Background checks are something I support. However, it is completely unenforceable without complete registration. Colorado does not have a gun registration. Connecticut does not officially, but they do required a transfer form for any weapon transfer, even private party.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    You really think 10rd magazines and magazines with a serial number is going to prevent a single gun crime from happening?

Background checks are something I support. However, it is completely unenforceable without complete registration. Colorado does not have a gun registration. Connecticut does not officially, but they do required a transfer form for any weapon transfer, even private party.
    I would rather take my chances vs criminals with guns than allowing the government to decide who can and cannot have a gun, not that this issue is or ever was about keeping guns out of the hands of criminals.

Also, theyre going further than just magazines with serial numbers.... they want individual bullets to have serial numbers. They want anything that makes it difficult to buy sell or produce firearms.... that's the bottom line. Limit gun ownership in any way possible.

Do you think it won't?

What would be the purpose of putting serial numbers on anything?

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Do you think it won't?

What would be the purpose of putting serial numbers on anything?
    No it won't prevent a single crime. Remember, criminals don't follow the law so they won't be affected by these laws.

The purpose of a serial number is tracking. What is the point of tracking a magazine?

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 2.

No it won't prevent a single crime. Remember, criminals don't follow the law so they won't be affected by these laws.

The purpose of a serial number is tracking. What is the point of tracking a magazine?

I'm not asking if criminals follow laws, that talking point has been debunked time and time again, its flawed logic and it's gettin tired. We don't pass laws for criminals to follow. We pass laws so we have a guideline for punishment when they are broken. For example, we made a law for car theft, its called grand theft auto. Criminals didnt follow it before it was made, haven't followed it since it was made. But now that it exists, if you go out and take a car that isn't yours, we have a guideline to charge and punish you by.

The purpose for tracking magazines would be the same for tracking guns.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    This is probably the poorest argument i've ever seen you construct. I am highly disappointed by this. You dont legislate based off the possibility of what someone could do. The problem is that you support a system that allows the majority to prey off the minority. What if everyone voted to re-enslave black people, would you just shrug and say "oh well, that's democracy massa" . THIS SYSTEM IS THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! QUIT VOTING FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quit voting for those who want to further expand and empower the government's ability to control your life.
    To be clear, the "system" is our voting system spelled out in the consititution. It is not democrats or republicans. Are you saying I shouldn't support the constitution. If everyone voted to re-enslave black people I would fight against it any way I could. You seem to think the outcome that is reached through the system is synonymous with the system itself. It is not.

I do.... quit voting for democrats.
    Not voting for democrats is not a different system. It is the same system we currently have (representative democracy).

It shouldnt be that way. Nothing i believe in would effect anyone else's life what so ever....... we shouldnt allow the majority to vote themselves the freedoms of the minority. Some things should not be up for vote.....
    Whether it should be or not, that is the way our process is set up. If 99/100 people want to pass a law requiring the murder of all babies, that will be the law no matter how horrible of a law it is. I agree some things shouldn't be up for a vote but I'm talking about the way things are, not the way they should be. Now if you have an idea of how to stop a large majority from getting their way, I'm all ears. And don't say stop voting for democrats because you can't stop people from voting for democrats if they want to.

Why dont democrats just be honest? you keep saying the constitution is not set in stone and can be changed...... its plenty obvious that it's one of the main goals of Obama to see that happen..... be honest then... run on that ticket..... instead of "hope and change" run on "The constitution gets in my way, lets get rid of it"
    Politician honesty is a whole other topic. Also, aren't you arguing we should change the constitution so that some things can't be voted on?

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    To be clear, the "system" is our voting system spelled out in the consititution. It is not democrats or republicans. Are you saying I shouldn't support the constitution. If everyone voted to re-enslave black people I would fight against it any way I could. You seem to think the outcome that is reached through the system is synonymous with the system itself. It is not.

Not voting for democrats is not a different system. It is the same system we currently have (representative democracy).

Whether it should be or not, that is the way our process is set up. If 99/100 people want to pass a law requiring the murder of all babies, that will be the law no matter how horrible of a law it is. I agree some things shouldn't be up for a vote but I'm talking about the way things are, not the way they should be. Now if you have an idea of how to stop a large majority from getting their way, I'm all ears. And don't say stop voting for democrats because you can't stop people from voting for democrats if they want to.

Politician honesty is a whole other topic. Also, aren't you arguing we should change the constitution so that some things can't be voted on?

Democrats are not abiding by the current system. Theyre playing by their own rules while at the same time trying to tear down any rules that would prevent them from making their own rules. A vote for a democrat is a vote for a big government that answers to nobody.

I'm not asking if criminals follow laws, that talking point has been debunked time and time again, its flawed logic and it's gettin tired. We don't pass laws for criminals to follow. We pass laws so we have a guideline for punishment when they are broken. For example, we made a law for car theft, its called grand theft auto. Criminals didnt follow it before it was made, haven't followed it since it was made. But now that it exists, if you go out and take a car that isn't yours, we have a guideline to charge and punish you by.
    So its a debunked myth that criminals dont follow the law? What logic is flawed about that?

A better analogy using your stole car example would be saying its ok to steal a dodge, but you go to jail for stealing a Lexus.

A magazine is absolutely useless without a gun to fire the rounds. We already have laws governing who can and who cannot legally possess a firearm. No more laws are needed for this.

The purpose for tracking magazines would be the same for tracking guns.
    How exactly do you think they will be tracked? You think some gang banger is going to leave the magazine at the scene of a crime but take the gun? I've been around a LOT of gang bangers in my day and most carried guns at least some times. Not a single one carried multiple magazines.

BTW, how hard to you think it is to remove a serial number from a magazine? Or how about just getting magazines from out of state?

I'm surprised you havent brought up micro stamping.

So its a debunked myth that criminals dont follow the law? What logic is flawed about that?
    It is a debunked myth that we make laws for criminals to follow. Every law that's ever been made has been broken by criminals. Doesn't mean we don't make the laws, does it?

BTW, how hard to you think it is to remove a serial number from a magazine? Or how about just getting magazines from out of state?
    As easy as it is for guns.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

It is a debunked myth that we make laws for criminals to follow. Every law that's ever been made has been broken by criminals. Doesn't mean we don't make the laws, does it?

Waste of time talking to this sheep. He's aware of the democratic agenda and is unwavering in his support for it. Gun control is not about safety or crime, it's about control.

So you want a new set of laws covering interstate magazine sales? You want a new registry of all magazines sold? Sounds like a lot more hassle than its worth.

So you want a new set of laws covering interstate magazine sales? You want a new registry of all magazines sold? Sounds like a lot more hassle than its worth.

Wonder how many people said that when they started putting serial numbers on the guns themselves.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Wonder how many people said that when they started putting serial numbers on the guns themselves.
    Magazines are worthless without guns so it isnt a valid comparison.

You are also comparing state law with federal law, making your argument even more baseless.

indoctrination..... brainwash them while theyre young.

Elementary School Beginning Toy Gun Turn-In Program - Patriot UpdatePatriot Update

indoctrination..... brainwash them while theyre young.

Elementary School Beginning Toy Gun Turn-In Program - Patriot UpdatePatriot Update
    As much as I disagree with a toy gun turn in program, if this link is legitimate (I'm not gonna waste my time fact checking it), I don't see any implications of indoctrination.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    "It's republicans fault because of the sequester" - Shit Blankcd is going to say.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

I don't get it, why did they have nobody to send? Why would the department not work "up there?"

Seems like they're in the middle of nowhere or something?

Pretty stupid though, I like how the operator is pretty much like "sorry you're shit out of luck."

Quote Originally Posted by Elbow View Post
    I don't get it, why did they have nobody to send? Why would the department not work "up there?"

Pretty stupid though, I like how the operator is pretty much like "sorry you're shit out of luck."
    The sheriff's department shut down at 10pm. They stated that on the call.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

The sheriff's department shut down at 10pm. They stated that on the call.
    Oh I missed that, why the hell would it shut down at 10pm?

"It's republicans fault because of the sequester" - Shit Blankcd is going to say.
    You've gone full retard lately. Never go full retard.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Oh I missed that
    Because it wasnt stated in the video at all. Lol

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

In May of this year, the residents of that city shot down a tax increase that would have provided funding for more police. Presumably by anti-tax conservatives.

Sad state of affairs when your convoluted ideals trump community safety.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

In May of this year, the residents of that city shot down a tax increase that would have provided funding for more police. Presumably by anti-tax conservatives.

Sad state of affairs when your convoluted ideals trump community safety.
    Calls me retarded for making a sarcastic comment mocking something he would say...... then says what i said he would say.

The hypocrisy of this douche....

Calls me retarded for making a sarcastic comment mocking something he would say...... then says what i said he would say.

The hypocrisy of this douche....
    Except what I actually said were the facts, and what you said I would say was a lie

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Its not much different in the city....... even though a cop does eventually come, it still can take hours.

Common known fact to people living in the real world. Waiting for the police has always been a LAST resort to self defense.

Except what I actually said were the facts, and what you said I would say was a lie
    Nope, you're an open book to me kid. I probably know what you will eat for lunch tomorrow before you ever even get hungry. All you liberals think you're all snowflakes... yet every last one of you is exactly the same. Every sheep shares the same thoughts as the other sheep. Then there's you... pseudo intellectual amateur psychologist who's self righteous to the point of narcissism.

All you liberals think you're all snowflakes... yet every last one of you is exactly the same. Every sheep shares the same thoughts as the other sheep.
    Pot calling the kettle black again?
    Then there's you... pseudo intellectual amateur psychologist who's self righteous to the point of narcissism.
    You forgot to mention smarter than you.

Sorry bro. I'm actually getting pretty tired of proving you wrong all the time. As little work as it takes to shut down your simple minded, fact neglecting bleeding heart American drivel, Im growing weary.

The fact is, there was a vote on extra taxes that would fund extra police. It was voted down.

Everyone else on the face of the earth realizes this. Why don't you? Do you simply disagree with me because I'm the one saying it? That's a shitty way to live your life.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Pot calling the kettle black again? You forgot to mention smarter than you.

Sorry bro. I'm actually getting pretty tired of proving you wrong all the time. As little work as it takes to shut down your simple minded, fact neglecting bleeding heart American drivel, Im growing weary.

The fact is, there was a vote on extra taxes that would fund extra police. It was voted down.

Everyone else on the face of the earth realizes this. Why don't you? Do you simply disagree with me because I'm the one saying it? That's a shitty way to live your life.
    You are not smart kid.

Gotcha. Lost another argument again. That's the same response you give everytime you've lost an argument because of your ignorance.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Gotcha. Lost another argument again. That's the same response you give everytime you've lost an argument because of your ignorance.
    It's just that i'm getting tired of proving you wrong all the time. As little work as it takes to shutdown your delusional liberal ideology, I have come to realize that your brain is not capable of excepting reality, i'm growing weary of trying to pull you back to reality.

I've successfully convinced everyone else that participates here that you're a moron. As much as i would like to take credit for this rather easy task, the only thing i had to do was inspire you to participate so everyone could evaluate you for themselves.

It's ok that you don't get it.... to be honest, the day you start agreeing with me, is probably a day when i begin questioning my own ideology.

If she had an assault style weapon, she would have had the ability to defend herself.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

If she had an assault style weapon, she would have had the ability to defend herself.
    I assume she had a kitchen with a bunch of knives, rolling pins, broom handles.....

...you know, tools.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I assume she had a kitchen with a bunch of knives, rolling pins, broom handles.....

...you know, tools.
    Sucks to only have a screw driver when you need a wrench.

...you know, tools.
    Stop being sexist......

Stop being sexist......
    lol....

911 operator should have said "did you offer him a sandwich?" "do his clothes need washed?" "did you try having sex with him?"

Sucks to only have a screw driver when you need a wrench.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C