Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Defend your right to own a car.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Ok, so if the government allowed you to have beanbag shotguns..... they didnt strip you of your right to bear arms. They can "limit" as they see fit.

Good answer..... "fight until the last man standing"... is what most people would say. In the event it came to a point where people had to "fight until the last man standing"..... what type of gun would you chose to defend yourself?
    There is no threat to the banning of guns, all of this gun talk lately goes right to assault weapons, is it a door for some politicians to try more? Maybe. However, I am not being stripped of my rights by any means. Stop using such stupid comparisons in debates.

Whatever I had available.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Elbow View Post
    There is no threat to the banning of guns, all of this gun talk lately goes right to assault weapons, is it a door for some politicians to try more? Maybe. However, I am not being stripped of my rights by any means. Stop using such stupid comparisons in debates.

Whatever I had available.
    So you realize that it may be a doorway for future gun control. Seeing as how "assault weapons" are used in less than 1% of crimes, what justification can you offer for banning them?

Would the absence of "assault weapons" make it more or less difficult for total gun control to happen?

If you dont think the proposed gun control legislation removes you of your rights, then you are completely brainwashed by the left.

If they dont feel they need justification for assault weapons, what makes you think theyll offer justification for anything else?

So you realize that it may be a doorway for future gun control. Seeing as how "assault weapons" are used in less than 1% of crimes, what justification can you offer for banning them?

Would the absence of "assault weapons" make it more or less difficult for total gun control to happen?

If you dont think the proposed gun control legislation removes you of your rights, then you are completely brainwashed by the left.
    It's really not hard to figure it out.

Unless they ban guns, they haven't stripped me of my rights.

Just because some politicians or some people may think banning assault weapons can help ban all weapons doesn't mean all do or it would ever happen. I don't even think banning assault weapons would make it easier personally. I think the only thing it really offers is A. getting rid of assault weapons and B. pushing gun violence into the media and allowing some people to relate assault weapons to any gun and agreeing with other limitations for example magazine size.

What justification can I offer? None, because you know that I don't agree with it, but disagreeing with something and thinking it sucks is hardly being stripped of any constitutional right. I can still buy a gun, with real bullets. Even if I can only have five bullets it's still not stripping me of any rights, anyone that says that just has a made up definition of the rights in their head.

That's where I stand and I'm done. lol

It's really not hard to figure it out.

Unless they ban guns, they haven't stripped me of my rights.

Just because some politicians or some people may think banning assault weapons can help ban all weapons doesn't mean all do or it would ever happen. I don't even think banning assault weapons would make it easier personally. I think the only thing it really offers is A. getting rid of assault weapons and B. pushing gun violence into the media and allowing some people to relate assault weapons to any gun and agreeing with other limitations for example magazine size.

What justification can I offer? None, because you know that I don't agree with it, but disagreeing with something and thinking it sucks is hardly being stripped of any constitutional right. I can still buy a gun, with real bullets. Even if I can only have five bullets it's still not stripping me of any rights, anyone that says that just has a made up definition of the rights in their head.

That's where I stand and I'm done. lol
    Ok, so if the government bans everything but single shot muzzle loaders, we're good? Rights fully intact.

Like i said to begin with.....

you eat whatever the government puts on your plate.

What Sinfix fails to realize is:

1) Assult weapons were previously banned, and during that ban, I could previously acquire them

2) Lawmakers make laws for OTHER reasons than what you may think is the obvious.

C) In any case, Simon is right. Even if they passed an assault weapons ban tomorrow, it still wouldn't have shit to do with your 2nd amendment rights, and there are already Supreme Court decisions that back this up.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    What Sinfix fails to realize is:

1) Assult weapons were previously banned, and during that ban, I could previously acquire them

2) Lawmakers make laws for OTHER reasons than what you may think is the obvious.

C) In any case, Simon is right. Even if they passed an assault weapons ban tomorrow, it still wouldn't have shit to do with your 2nd amendment rights, and there are already Supreme Court decisions that back this up.
    Ok, so you're saying....

1.) Wasting time passing unenforceable laws that we shouldnt care about since they cant be enforced. (in theory)
    2.) We should trust our government and allow for the justification of said laws to be determined behind closed doors.

either way, thank you giving me further clarification that i pegged you correctly with my initial observation.

It's no coincidence at all that the guns they seek to strip you of 1st are the guns that would prevent them from coming for the rest.
    Why would assault rifles prevent them from coming for the rest any more than other guns? Most of the pro-gun people I hear have been saying that assault weapons are no more deadly than other weapons. Pardon my ignorance but I keep hearing mixed messages. Are assault weapons more deadly or not?

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    Why would assault rifles prevent them from coming for the rest any more than other guns? Most of the pro-gun people I hear have been saying that assault weapons are no more deadly than other weapons. Pardon my ignorance but I keep hearing mixed messages. Are assault weapons more deadly or not?
    A gun is a tool, like a hammer. Picking up a hammer doesnt make me a carpenter. Picking up a gun doesnt make me a murderer.

"assault rifles" are more effective tools. There are approximately 4 million AR15s in the US. That's 1 type of rifle alone adding up to 4 million. For comparison, our military has about 600k active duty. Banning assault rifles is a power reach and nothing more. During arguably the biggest financial crisis in american history, our government primary agenda is gun control. The government keeps telling you that it's gonna be nothing but sunshine tomorrow............ as they board up their windows and put on their rain coats.

"assault rifles" are more effective tools.
    A bit long winded but thanks for answering the question.

A bit long winded but thanks for answering the question.
    some point to be derived from your question?

some point to be derived from your question?
    Nope, some questions are just for personal knowledge. I know that's unusual in this forum as it seems many on here already know everything there is to know about everything.

Ok, so you're saying....

1.) Wasting time passing unenforceable laws that we shouldnt care about since they cant be enforced. (in theory)
    2.) We should trust our government and allow for the justification of said laws to be determined behind closed doors.

either way, thank you giving me further clarification that i pegged you correctly with my initial observation.
    What's behind closed doors? Lol. If you're not a politician and you know about it, it's hardly behind closed doors. I think that's just a phrase that, to you and a lot of people means "I choose not to understand it because the logic center of my brain is clouded with heated rhetoric, irrationality, and rage"

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Nope, some questions are just for personal knowledge. I know that's unusual in this forum as it seems many on here already know everything there is to know about everything.
    Gotcha. I offer you a question in return, for the same reason.

Should a weapon capable of killing a classroom full of students and/or puppies be removed solely based on the capability?

What's behind closed doors? Lol. If you're not a politician and you know about it, it's hardly behind closed doors. I think that's just a phrase that, to you and a lot of people means "I choose not to understand it because the logic center of my brain is clouded with heated rhetoric, irrationality, and rage"
    What are the reasons for this law other than the reasons we're being made aware of? Are you implying they have hidden justification, or that their justification is going over my head.

No rage here. It's just easier for the liberal brain to rationalize it's point of view by caricaturizing anyone who opposes it. It's easier than explaining yourself.

Gotcha. I offer you a question in return, for the same reason.

Should a weapon capable of killing a classroom full of students and/or puppies be removed solely based on the capability?
    No.

What are the reasons for this law other than the reasons we're being made aware of? Are you implying they have hidden justification, or that their justification is going over my head.
    lets examine laws and their implications critically and rationally...

I could go buy an F1 car if I had the means, and no one could stop me, but its federally illegal. It'll get me from point a to point b, uses gas, subject to the same laws of physics as all the other cars on the road. As a responsible F1 car owner, I keep it in my garage, wash it, start it up once in a while, and take it to the race track when I want. No one notices me because I'm not out making an ass out of myself. But what about the guy that isn't so responsible? What if he takes it out to get a Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Taco from Taco Bell? The F1 car isn't designed to drive on a public road. No headlights, turn signals, slick tires, etc., then you t-bone someone at 50mph. Since its federally illegal, not only have you committed a state crime, but now you've committed a federal crime. You're punishment gets that much worse since you knew you weren't supposed to have it on the street in the first place. Did you kill the guy you t-boned? Since someone died during your commission of a federal crime, you're looking at murder to start with instead of involuntary manslaughter.

What happens when you ban a specific set of weapons manufactured after a certain date? The demand for those specific weapons goes down. What happens when demand goes down? The people making them, make less of them. The less weapons you make, the less there are in circulation, the less chance of a weapon ending up in the hands of someone who isn't so responsible. Guess who doesn't like the idea of selling less guns? The companies that make those guns.

No rage here. It's just easier for the liberal brain to rationalize it's point of view by caricaturizing anyone who opposes it. It's easier than explaining yourself.
    Stop using liberal as a pejorative. Makes you sound uneducated. The only people who still use liberal and conservative as a pejorative are people who don't actually know what they mean.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

The genie is out of the bottle. "Assault weapons" are never going away. (I know it's Glen Beck, but you should watch it as well blank).

lets examine laws and their implications critically and rationally...

I could go buy an F1 car if I had the means, and no one could stop me, but its federally illegal. It'll get me from point a to point b, uses gas, subject to the same laws of physics as all the other cars on the road. As a responsible F1 car owner, I keep it in my garage, wash it, start it up once in a while, and take it to the race track when I want. No one notices me because I'm not out making an ass out of myself. But what about the guy that isn't so responsible? What if he takes it out to get a Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Taco from Taco Bell? The F1 car isn't designed to drive on a public road. No headlights, turn signals, slick tires, etc., then you t-bone someone at 50mph. Since its federally illegal, not only have you committed a state crime, but now you've committed a federal crime. You're punishment gets that much worse since you knew you weren't supposed to have it on the street in the first place. Did you kill the guy you t-boned? Since someone died during your commission of a federal crime, you're looking at murder to start with instead of involuntary manslaughter.

What happens when you ban a specific set of weapons manufactured after a certain date? The demand for those specific weapons goes down. What happens when demand goes down? The people making them, make less of them. The less weapons you make, the less there are in circulation, the less chance of a weapon ending up in the hands of someone who isn't so responsible. Guess who doesn't like the idea of selling less guns? The companies that make those guns.

Stop using liberal as a pejorative. Makes you sound uneducated. The only people who still use liberal and conservative as a pejorative are people who don't actually know what they mean.

The mistake you're making is assuming that i do not understand your point of view. This is not a misunderstanding. I completely understand your view point........................................... and think you're a moron.

I dont want gun companies to make less guns. I dont want the demand for guns to go down. I dont want less guns made. I dont want less guns in circulation. I want AR15s on the shelves at walmart. I love guns. I love gun culture. I love movies with guns. Owning guns, shooting guns, pictures of guns...... paintings of guns.... bake me cake shaped as a gun with candles that look like bullets. Guns are a part of american culture and meant not only for security and protection, but to be enjoyed. I will not let criminals, politicians, or criminal politicians remove my rights. For your side to be so anti-gun, you need to come to the realization that you're going to need guns to take mine. The radical left wing closet communists have more criminals than they can handle in the cities where their policies are in effect, they should quit trying so hard to turn law abiding citizens like me into a criminal with their gun control legislation. That is all they will accomplish by banning anything.
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 03-11-2013 at 07:16 PM.

The mistake you're making is assuming that i do not understand your point of view. This is not a misunderstanding. I completely understand your view point........................................... and think you're a moron.

I dont want gun companies to make less guns. I dont want the demand for guns to go down. I dont want less guns made. I dont want less guns in circulation. I want AR15s on the shelves at walmart. I love guns. I love gun culture. I love movies with guns. Owning guns, shooting guns, pictures of guns...... paintings of guns.... bake me cake shaped as a gun with candles that look like bullets. Guns are a part of american culture and meant not only for security and protection, but to be enjoyed. I will not let criminals, politicians, or criminal politicians remove my rights. For your side to be so anti-gun, you need to come to the realization that you're going to need guns to take mine.
    I know I said I was done but....

"For your side to be so anti-gun, you need to come to the realization that you're going to need guns to take mine."

I know you love your toys, but this just shows how close minded you are about the situation, you're a fanboy, simple as that. It angers you that you really have no right to which gun you can own and it scares you to think that one day you may not be able to have any weapon you want.

"For your side to be so anti-gun, you need to come to the realization that you're going to need guns to take mine."

I know you love your toys, but this just shows how close minded you are about the situation, you're a fanboy, simple as that. It angers you that you really have no right to which gun you can own and it scares you to think that one day you may not be able to have any weapon you want.
    I am very close minded to having my life controlled by the government.

Only tyrants disarm citizens.

A gun is what identifies him as a person and as a man. It's less of a tool for defense, and more like a boob-jobs. Its what these kinds of people use to fill that control/dominance void in their lives, and it aggrandizes their sense of self. Some people can own a gun, use it for protection, and be fine. The ones that can't are easily manipulated by emotional rhetoric, anecdotal accounts, misinformation, etc. etc. The fact is that an assault weapons ban doesn't affect a non-criminals ability to own a weapon, it doesn't affect a non-criminals 2nd amendment rights whatsoever. And if the country with the military larger than the next 10 nations COMBINED wants your guns, there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. There's no debating that. You can believe otherwise, but you're putting yourself in your own intellectual shithole.

I don't care what weapon he has or how much he loves gun culture. I just want him and EVERYONE ELSE who wants a tool that's designed to kill things to be on the up and up. Simple as that.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

A gun is what identifies him as a person and as a man. It's less of a tool for defense, and more like a boob-jobs. Its what these kinds of people use to fill that control/dominance void in their lives, and it aggrandizes their sense of self. Some people can own a gun, use it for protection, and be fine. The ones that can't are easily manipulated by emotional rhetoric, anecdotal accounts, misinformation, etc. etc. The fact is that an assault weapons ban doesn't affect a non-criminals ability to own a weapon, it doesn't affect a non-criminals 2nd amendment rights whatsoever. And if the country with the military larger than the next 10 nations COMBINED wants your guns, there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. There's no debating that. You can believe otherwise, but you're putting yourself in your own intellectual shithole.

I don't care what weapon he has or how much he loves gun culture. I just want him and EVERYONE ELSE who wants a tool that's designed to kill things to be on the up and up. Simple as that.
    Your use of stereotypes make it easier to identify your ignorance. I'm starting to feel shamed for ever thinking that you were an intelligent person. Better to be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. This military that you speak of, you know... the one that is larger than the next 10 nations combined.... the most powerful nation in the world.......

it was all made possible without liberal democrats serving as a nanny over our gun rights. The world as you know it was built by people who would be appalled by your point of view. The military does not impose Obama's will. Our military protects our constitution.

Our military protects our constitution.
    Then you have nothing to worry about in terms of fighting your own country.

Then you have nothing to worry about in terms of fighting your own country.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln

Our biggest enemies currently sit at our table.

I've pretty much stayed out of this thread but lets be real here. Your side of the aisle is just as easily swayed by emotional rhetoric and misinformation. I would say anecdotal accounts but I honestly cant come up with one that would be in any way affected by current or proposed gun legislation.

Assault weapons bans affect non-criminals, they dont affect criminals. You know this is true and when you say otherwise is simply you denying fact. I love the people that use sandy Hook as the reason we need more gun control. The problem with their argument is that even NY's gun bill would have done nothing to prevent Sandy Hook from happening. The current gun control measures worked when Lanza was denied when he tried to purchase a weapon. The fact that he simply went and stole one and used that is proof that a ban only affects those currently legally allowed to purchase a firearm.

There is no possible way to get your utopian society where only the good guys have access to guns. Guns are readily available in the US, we all know that. If they werent so easily available it would simply open up a new illegal trade in smuggled weapons. Prohibition is a perfect example of this. Illegal to manufacture or sell alcohol in the US? Fine, we will smuggle it from Canada, Central America and Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    I've pretty much stayed out of this thread but lets be real here. Your side of the aisle is just as easily swayed by emotional rhetoric and misinformation. I would say anecdotal accounts but I honestly cant come up with one that would be in any way affected by current or proposed gun legislation.

Assault weapons bans affect non-criminals, they dont affect criminals. You know this is true and when you say otherwise is simply you denying fact. I love the people that use sandy Hook as the reason we need more gun control. The problem with their argument is that even NY's gun bill would have done nothing to prevent Sandy Hook from happening. The current gun control measures worked when Lanza was denied when he tried to purchase a weapon. The fact that he simply went and stole one and used that is proof that a ban only affects those currently legally allowed to purchase a firearm.

There is no possible way to get your utopian society where only the good guys have access to guns. Guns are readily available in the US, we all know that. If they werent so easily available it would simply open up a new illegal trade in smuggled weapons. Prohibition is a perfect example of this. Illegal to manufacture or sell alcohol in the US? Fine, we will smuggle it from Canada, Central America and Europe.
    What is my side of the isle? Lol. As of yet Ive never declared one. Never advocated a utopian society either.

You know what happens when you assume....

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Your use of stereotypes make it easier to identify your ignorance. I'm starting to feel shamed for ever thinking that you were an intelligent person. Better to be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. This military that you speak of, you know... the one that is larger than the next 10 nations combined.... the most powerful nation in the world.......

it was all made possible without liberal democrats serving as a nanny over our gun rights. The world as you know it was built by people who would be appalled by your point of view. The military does not impose Obama's will. Our military protects our constitution.
    Facepalm. All of this.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Facepalm. All of this.
    It's impossible for you to understand someone caring about something that you do not deem worthy of caring about. You're a textbook liberal democrat. Nothing about your approach is unique. You're the same as every other sheep on your side of the fence. You think you know what is best for everyone better than themselves and you think anyone who doesnt see it your way is stupid. You're cut from the same mold as this arrogant piece of shit we currently call our president.

It's impossible for you to understand someone caring about something that you do not deem worthy of caring about.
    This is straight up comical coming from you.

This is straight up comical coming from you.
    Please explain. I dont get it.

"It's impossible for you to understand someone caring about something that you do not deem worthy of caring about."

Anyone on here that mentions anything that you don't agree with automatically becomes an idiot or typically a "typical liberal."

More specifically, anytime someone is against assault weapons, they're once again classified as complete morons.

The comment you made is contradicting, you don't understand others points of views and if it's not your view you don't give it any time of the day.

"It's impossible for you to understand someone caring about something that you do not deem worthy of caring about."

Anyone on here that mentions anything that you don't agree with automatically becomes an idiot or typically a "typical liberal."

More specifically, anytime someone is against assault weapons, they're once again classified as complete morons.

The comment you made is contradicting, you don't understand others points of views and if it's not your view you don't give it any time of the day.
    You are confused my child and you make my point for me. While i do think you and blank are both morons, i do not seek to change anything about your life. If you dont want to own something, dont own it. I dont care what you own. However, your belief system doesnt show me the same respect. You think it's ok for you to decide what i can do with my life. That is where we have a problem.

The only way to "understand" the liberal point of view is to submit to it. Nearly every major policy put in place by democrats requires forced participation in one form or another..... if these ideas are so good, why the need to force participation?

You are confused my child and you make my point for me. While i do think you and blank are both morons, i do not seek to change anything about your life. If you dont want to own something, dont own it. I dont care what you own. However, your belief system doesnt show me the same respect. You think it's ok for you to decide what i can do with my life. That is where we have a problem.

The only way to "understand" the liberal point of view is to submit to it. Nearly every major policy put in place by democrats requires forced participation in one form or another..... if these ideas are so good, why the need to force participation?
    I have not once told you what to do with your life. You are the confused one my child.

No matter how you put it, you're a contradicting close minded fool.

I'm not even against assault weapons. Lol

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

What is forced participation? What do you feel you're being forced to participate in?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I have not once told you what to do with your life. You are the confused one my child.

No matter how you put it, you're a contradicting close minded fool.
    Nothing is my argument is contradicting. You either cant read or cant comprehend.

What is forced participation? What do you feel you're being forced to participate in?
    Anything i am legally obligated to purchase from a 3rd party. You're big boy....(i think)... you'll figure it out.