Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Defend your right to own a car.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    What makes you think that they are worried about them? As long as they can get people to vote for them, they already have the power. They actually don't need to take any weapons away, if the people continue to hand over power.
    They clearly want them removed. Theyre taking steps to remove them based on false information. If they were not concerned with them, we wouldnt be talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    I'm fairly certain I could go back 100 of your posts and 99 of them be completely useless.
    I assume your evident frustration is because you're intelligent enough to realize that what David said about you is true.... but you're still brainwashed enough to stick to your liberal guns. (pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    I assume your evident frustration is because you're intelligent enough to realize that what David said about you is true.... but you're still brainwashed enough to stick to your liberal guns. (pun intended)
    Which part was true? My age? Or my level of intelligence? Both of which he hit the nail on his own thumb.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Which part was true? My age? Or my level of intelligence? Both of which he hit the nail on his own thumb.
    That you seem to value your own opinions over evidence and fade in debates that become oriented around evidence. It's a pretty typical occurrence from people on the left side of the spectrum.

L: This needs to happen because of this.
    R: But the facts show that it actually happens because of this.
    L: you're stupid, how can you not see it the way i see it?

That you seem to value your own opinions over evidence and fade in debates that become oriented around evidence. It's a pretty typical occurrence from people on the left side of the spectrum.
    So can you point out an instance where I issued my opinion as fact?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

L: This needs to happen because of this.
    R: But the facts show that it actually happens because of this.
    L: you're stupid, how can you not see it the way i see it?
    This goes both ways pretty regularly. Despite the prevalence of ignorance in political debates, it's actually pretty rare for there to be an issue where one side has absolutely no valid points to make.

I'm fairly certain I could go back 100 of your posts and 99 of them be completely useless.
    Factual statements are only useless to those who choose to ignore facts that do not fit with their beliefs.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Please re-read your post. "hit the nail on his own thumb"? Do you even know what a hammer and nail are?

I have given you plenty of facts, and you have chosen to ignore the factual statements repeatedly, which speaks volumes concerning your intelligence level.

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    This goes both ways pretty regularly. Despite the prevalence of ignorance in political debates, it's actually pretty rare for there to be an issue where one side has absolutely no valid points to make.

This is a very valid observation. What we see is that someone who should be capable of presenting plenty of facts to support his opinions, instead chooses to ignore them and sticks to beliefs only.

This is a very valid observation. What we see is that someone who should be capable of presenting plenty of facts to support his opinions, instead chooses to ignore them and sticks to beliefs only.
    I know this was directed at me, and yet none of you could find a single instance of where I issued an opinion in place of a fact. Hehehe.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I know this was directed at me, and yet none of you could find a single instance of where I issued an opinion in place of a fact. Hehehe.
    I didn't look for one. I am fairly certain that I could find one if I wanted to look.
    Didn't you proclaim that psychology was a science and was under the same scrutiny as chemistry? Perhaps you should re-read this thread.

And yes - the statement was concerning you (not directed at you, but rather to bu villan, who I quoted). Wasn't trying to hide it obviously. I really wish that you would present facts to support your opinions - I am 99% certain that you could do so, if you would put out the effort. (I made up the 99% statistic).

Are you saying that you only have opinions and take things completely on faith? That gives the appearance that a person that is studying science is refusing to actually apply it, and would rather just treat their opinions like they were religious beliefs.

I didn't look for one. I am fairly certain that I could find one if I wanted to look.
    Didn't you proclaim that psychology was a science and was under the same scrutiny as chemistry? Perhaps you should re-read this thread.
    Is that the same thread where you challenged me and cited the OPINION of someone who did not have a doctor in psychology?

And yes - the statement was concerning you (not directed at you, but rather to bu villan, who I quoted). Wasn't trying to hide it obviously. I really wish that you would present facts to support your opinions - I am 99% certain that you could do so, if you would put out the effort. (I made up the 99% statistic).

Are you saying that you only have opinions and take things completely on faith? That gives the appearance that a person that is studying science is refusing to actually apply it, and would rather just treat their opinions like they were religious beliefs.
    I very seldom share my opinions and make sure anything I say at the very least can be found in a college level textbook with minimal effort.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Is that the same thread where you challenged me and cited the OPINION of someone who did not have a doctor in psychology?

I very seldom share my opinions and make sure anything I say at the very least can be found in a college level textbook with minimal effort.
    Same thread where I gave you the professional opinon of a nationally recognized psycologist, and the opinion of someone nationally recognized as a leader in autistic research - plus the professional and published opinion of the former head of the psychiatric department of City University in London - all which were not in agreement with your stated opinions. You should re-read the thread, as you provided no such support for your own personal, uneducated opinions.

So you claim that you don't share your opinions, yet we see that you have not provided factual statements either, and then you just stated that you didn't state your opinion as fact, so what exactly do you think that you are supplying when you type?

So can you point out an instance where I issued my opinion as fact?
    sure

Except NO ONES freedoms are under attack.

Pretty much sums up the position on both sides.

Ted Nugent, you are full of CRAP on ANY debate

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Add this to the list of opinions.

Piers Morgan is a British anti-gun nut, and always has been. Even Jeremy Clarkson couldn't stand him, and punched him.

Let's get into a fact check though. Ted Nugent stated that the US and Switzerland were the top countries, and Piers Morgan said that it was the US and Yemen. Here's the facts:

The numbers that they were talking about come from smallarmssurvey.org 2007 report, "Annexe 4", which covers 178 countries.
    The ownership rate reported is the average estimate. That table gives also the minimum and maximum estimates. For some countries, the margin of error is considerable. E.g. Yemen, ranked near the top with an ownership rate of 54.8, has a low estimate of 28.6 and a high estimate of 81.1. While the United States is ranked for the highest gun ownership rate unambiguously, Yemen based on the margin of error may rank anywhere between 2nd and 18th, Switzerland anywhere between 2nd and 16th.
    The differences here are that Yemen is poor, and 46% of the population is under 15. Switzerland is one of the richest countries, and the structure of the Swiss militia system stipulates that the soldiers keep their Army issued equipment, including all personal weapons, at home.
    To conclude that guns make the country safer, or more dangerous, just from the per capita numbers is ill-informed. Anyone looking to use per capita to try to regulate guns is simply trying to promote an agenda. In this particular case, having a known liberal foreign national attempt to influence US policies is pathetic.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

In this particular case, having a known liberal foreign national attempt to influence US policies is pathetic.
    He's not attempting to influence US policy, he's the host of an opinion based news segment, no more relevant or influential than Bill O'Reiley. Ted Nugent is a washed up country music singer (I use that term loosely) who's only claim to recent fame is being a mouthy idiot who knows nothing about anything, and dodges drafts.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Clearly he is speaking to intentions.

If Obama accomplishes what he DESIRES to do..... people like Ted Nugent and myself.... and many others on this sight who live otherwise peaceful lives will become criminals by the letter of the law. Nugent, like others..... says he will not abide by these new laws and the result will either be death defending your rights or jail.

What part of this do you not understand?

I say again....................... you're too smart to be this stupid.

He's not attempting to influence US policy, he's the host of an opinion based news segment, no more relevant or influential than Bill O'Reiley. Ted Nugent is a washed up country music singer (I use that term loosely) who's only claim to recent fame is being a mouthy idiot who knows nothing about anything, and dodges drafts.
    add this to the list of baseless opinions also.

add this to the list of baseless opinions also.
    Piers hosts an opinion based show, Ted is a washed up country singer, and he dodged the draft. What about that is an opinion?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

CNN gave Piers Morgan a timeslot that held the largest viewership of US voters - Larry King's show. Do you think that was by accident?

If you have watched his show even once, then you would not say that he is not attempting to influence US policy. Please watch and see for yourself.
    If you want, just go to YouTube and type in his name and listen to him yourself.

Clearly he is speaking to intentions.

If Obama accomplishes what he DESIRES to do..... people like Ted Nugent and myself.... and many others on this sight who live otherwise peaceful lives will become criminals by the letter of the law. Nugent, like others..... says he will not abide by these new laws and the result will either be death defending your rights or jail.

I say again....................... you're too smart to be this stupid.
    Nugent said of Obama getting re-elected that he would either be dead or in jail, what part of that has anything to do with Obama accomplishing something and Nugent defending his rights?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

CNN gave Piers Morgan a timeslot that held the largest viewership of US voters - Larry King's show. Do you think that was by accident?

If you have watched his show even once, then you would not say that he is not attempting to influence US policy. Please watch and see for yourself.
    If you want, just go to YouTube and type in his name and listen to him yourself.
    I've seen his show. He is the media equivalent to someone like Bill O'Reiley. He may have a lot to do with influencing the public opinion, the same way Bill O'Reiley would, and im pretty sure he has the top slot on Fox Entertainment, but that's it. I don't set out to watch either of those shows.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Piers hosts an opinion based show, Ted is a washed up country singer, and he dodged the draft. What about that is an opinion?
    The draft part is your opinion. It's not a fact.
    snopes.com: Ted Nugent Dodged the Draft?

1967 - 1-S
    1968 - 2-S
    1969 - 1-A, then failed the exam, and was clasified as 1-Y
    1972 - 4-F

I've seen his show. He is the media equivalent to someone like Bill O'Reiley. He may have a lot to do with influencing the public opinion, the same way Bill O'Reiley would, and im pretty sure he has the top slot on Fox Entertainment, but that's it. I don't set out to watch either of those shows.
    You should watch them, just to know their arguing points (I'm not talking about constantly watching them, just once in a while.)

So, why should we Americans listen to a foreign national tell us how to deal with our domestic affairs?

The draft part is your opinion. It's not a fact.
    snopes.com: Ted Nugent Dodged the Draft?

1967 - 1-S
    1968 - 2-S
    1969 - 1-A, then failed the exam, and was clasified as 1-Y
    1972 - 4-F
    The only reason you think it's an opinion is because Nugent himself pretty much said it was all coincidental. Doesn't really matter, he's said enough stupid shit recently to make up for it.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

You should watch them, just to know their arguing points (I'm not talking about constantly watching them, just once in a while.)
    I've only caught a couple interviews he's done. One being the recent interview with Alex Jones.

So, why should we Americans listen to a foreign national tell us how to deal with our domestic affairs?
    Why do you? His opinion is only as legitimate as you make it. How often do you look for an outsiders point of view in anything?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Nugent said of Obama getting re-elected that he would either be dead or in jail, what part of that has anything to do with Obama accomplishing something and Nugent defending his rights?
    Clearly he was right. Obama did get re-elected and despite the comforting denials from people like you, Obama is seeking to ban guns and Ted Nugent will become a criminal if Obama accomplishes what he is trying to do.

The only reason you think it's an opinion is because Nugent himself pretty much said it was all coincidental. Doesn't really matter, he's said enough stupid shit recently to make up for it.
    No, it is not a fact - that's why it is an opinion. As you have said, his previous comments leads you to not believe him and you discredit him, but then you want to rely on his other comments and claim them as factual?

I actually gave the facts as the Selective Service records have them. You would rather believe in the person that you openly chose to discredit? Make up your mind and quit pulling a Kerry.

I've only caught a couple interviews he's done. One being the recent interview with Alex Jones.

Why do you? His opinion is only as legitimate as you make it. How often do you look for an outsiders point of view in anything?
    Alex Jones is just as much of an extremist as Piers Morgan. I do not particularly care for him either.

Personally, I do look at many opinions, both foreign and domestic, but I also look at the facts, and make my own determinations. I have the ability to comprehend that Piers Morgan has an agenda, and is attempting to place his non-educated opinions into the American political spotlight. Perhaps you do not have the ability to recognize or comprehend that, or perhaps you chose to ignore it, as you failed to answer the question.

Perhaps you do not have the ability to recognize or comprehend that, or perhaps you chose to ignore it, as you failed to answer the question.
    ...but I answered the question. Did you read it?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

...but I answered the question. Did you read it?

The question was, "So, why should we Americans listen to a foreign national tell us how to deal with our domestic affairs?"

Is your answer really supposed to be, "His opinion is only as legitimate as you make it"? That's just a cop-out, not a real answer to the question.

The question was, "So, why should we Americans listen to a foreign national tell us how to deal with our domestic affairs?"

Is your answer really supposed to be, "His opinion is only as legitimate as you make it"? That's just a cop-out, not a real answer to the question.
    What was the rest of the answer?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

What was the rest of the answer?
    The rest of the typing from you were questions, not answers.

"Why do you? His opinion is only as legitimate as you make it. How often do you look for an outsiders point of view in anything?" - you

Generally, an interrogation mark denotes that it is a question. Do they not teach that in grade school and college anymore? If not, it explains why you appear to have such a hard time with basic concepts.

The rest of the typing from you were answers in the form of a question.
    Fixed that for you. I'm not gonna babysit you anymore while you try to conjure up a rational thought. Think about it, use your brain, or don't and we'll move on.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Fixed that for you. I'm not gonna babysit you anymore while you try to conjure up a rational thought. Think about it, use your brain, or don't and we'll move on.
    "Why do you?"
    "How often do you look for an outsiders point of view in anything?"
    These are not answers to questions. These are you trying to not look stupid. You failed.

You are a psuedo-intellectual - in the simplest of terms, a pretender.
    You do not possess the intellectual ability to devise logical answers to simple questions; instead, you attempt to derail discussions onto tangents to appear to be more informed than you actually are.

"Why do you?"
    "How often do you look for an outsiders point of view in anything?"
    These are not answers to questions. These are you trying to not look stupid. You failed.

You are a psuedo-intellectual - in the simplest of terms, a pretender.
    You do not possess the intellectual ability to devise logical answers to simple questions; instead, you attempt to derail discussions onto tangents to appear to be more informed than you actually are.
    Since you have never devised a logical answer to a simple question, what does that make you? Looks like you're deflecting to me.

Just admit that you don't understand the answer, and we'll move on. Period. No one "derailed the discussion into a tangent" but you. Nice try.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast