Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Importatlanta NBA THREAD - All things NBA offseason and current season

Quote Originally Posted by Jdm94Coupe View Post
    Blake was 3rd in MVP voting, behind the 2nd best player in NBA history. And the best scorer since Kareem in Durant. Does that not "kinda" count as a NBA MVP, lol.

But let's not get to that man, I'm not saying he is on Maloney level. I'm saying he's 24 years old and elevated to a all nba level!!!!! His progression has been phenomenal....
    He's massively improved no question. But not to the point where you can count on him to win a series oR carry a team or score in crunch time.

Reason why he's not considered the top PF
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Malone won MVP when this guy named MICHAEL JORDAN was in the league. Maybe you've heard of him?

He averaged 27/10/5......

He also made it to the finals this year.

Karl Malone was twice the player BG IS. BG would have to become clutch and a knockdown 17 foot fade away jumper to even come close. And become a MUCH better passer.

Durant is better , its universally accepted unless you're a clippers fanatic.

There's a reason why player rankings put cp3 BEHIND LBJ and KD .

Sorry 3rd in MVP voting isn't worth anything.
    Guess you didn't see BG averages. He's 24, Malone wasn't this good at 24. Michael Jordan was a better scorer than Lebron. Better overall player, debatable.

Yea he's behind Durant and Lebron this year, I agree. When he was 2nd in MVP voting behind a guy named Kobe Bryant, ever heard or him? Durant wasn't on his level that season. Every year is different.......

Sure. Great players make teams better.

However superstars, carry a team to the finals, win conferences, and MVPs.

Cp3 is cpzero when it comes to that which is all he will be judged on
    Durant has no ring and his team is on the decline. Next year they will be another step behind this year, which will put them in a completely different position.

He's massively improved no question. But not to the point where you can count on him to win a series oR carry a team or score in crunch time.

Reason why he's not considered the top PF
    He's 24. And he's widely known around the nba to be only behind Kevin love at the PF position. Don't give me Aldridge, he had two good games versus a terrible defensive team. Very unc insistent and shoots TOO many jump shots.......

BG is top 3 PF no matter how you slice it.....

He's young man, YOUNG!

You just change the argument to fit whatever way you want it to.

When you say BG is like Malone, I say hes not, and Malone won an MVP, you say its because BG is young and is improving. Well, I cant see the future, I go by what i KNOW. What I know is, that BG , despite having a BETTER TEAM (your words not mine) and the "best floor general in the league" in CP3 (your words not mine) with a HOF coach , LOST, in the second round. AGAIN.

Sure they are young, but so was Durant when he went to the finals, and the WCF.

I know what BG averaged, he still wasnt :

The best at his position in the league
    The 2nd best player in the league

FACTS. 3rd in MVP voting, is an AFTERTHOUGHT, Not one person will remember that. BG is a guy that puts up monster numbers and flames out when the game slows down and you have to execute and make clutch shots.

The difference between BG and Karl Malone? Malone won an MVP despite JORDAN and got to the FINALS and LOST to Jordan.

BG cant even win the MVP OR GET TO THE FINALS. Durant won the MVP with LBJ in the league, so did D Rose. Dont tell me it cant be done.

I dunno why I even argue, I predicted the Clippers lose in 6 and they did. I told you the bench didnt matter, and it didnt. case closed. there will be 29 teams who get to say "NEXT YEAR!" when their season ends this year. Youve been saying NEXT YEAR for 3 years now :P

I dunno man, you cant say OKC gets worse because last year they lost WB, this year they lost Ibaka. If CP3 or BG was hurt, you would be saying you cant say the clippers were WORSE because you would be talking about injuries
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Blake's improvement from last season puts him in the direction of Karl Malone with more athleticism.... Not kemp. Kemp stopped improving
    Kemp didnt stop improving........ he started smoking crack...lol

Please dont compare blake to malone.....malone would have made blake griffin cry. Stockton/malone >>>>> cp3/bg

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Kemp didnt stop improving........ he started smoking crack...lol

Please dont compare blake to malone.....malone would have made blake griffin cry. Stockton/malone >>>>> cp3/bg
    Kemp got to the finals doe, with the Glove.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Kemp got to the finals doe, with the Glove.
    Kemp/Glove > cp3/bg

Cp3 needs a team like the spurs to max out his potential. Cp3 is good enough to fit in anywhere, but the clippers school yard style is not his best fit.

The clips will never beat a pop coached spurs team to get to the finals..... even after tp and duncan leave

Seems like something is wrong with this place

HA!

Spurs in 7
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Spurs in 6. Manu with the finals MVP.

Possibly Leonard.

Blake and CP3 have years to make their presence in history man. They aren't old.

Cp3 has been in the league a decade man. He's not young .

He's 29..... That's old for a guy who came in the league at 20.

He's had time to grow his game and mature. He is what he is. A GREAT PLAYER but he's not a game changer.

I'm not sure they ever win a chip with him and Blake.

Fwiw I'm not sure KD and WB do either
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Cp3 has been in the league a decade man. He's not young .

He's 29..... That's old for a guy who came in the league at 20.

He's had time to grow his game and mature. He is what he is. A GREAT PLAYER but he's not a game changer.

I'm not sure they ever win a chip with him and Blake.

Fwiw I'm not sure KD and WB do either
    Not everybody wins at the same points in their careers. That alone doesn't determine your greatness. You should know that by now. Great TEAMS win championships...... Not individual players.

Reggie miller has no ring, doesn't mean Mario chalmers is better. Different circumstances for everybody.....

Durant and WB aren't superstars either, no ring is no ring. Can't make exceptions for some...... If the standard is championships alone. Be consistent.

Because Durant looks far from a MVP to me. Hate to see how he feels if melo comes back west coast, he will no longer be the best SF in the west.

Blake and CP3 have years to make their presence in history man. They aren't old.
    Yep.

Cp3s place in history will be on the shelf with guys like payton and stockton...... which is a hell of a compliment imo....

And blake will be on the shelf with shawn kemp and rasheed wallace

Spurs in 5. The old team is going to make the heat look old. Its gonna look like the old cavs this year. Spurs bigs got better, bad news for bosh. Leonard is gonna annoy lebron, heat role players arent gonna shoot lights out from 3 again. Wade's knees arent gonna finish the climb.

Not everybody wins at the same points in their careers. That alone doesn't determine your greatness. You should know that by now. Great TEAMS win championships...... Not individual players.
    Wait, stick to the topic. You said CP3 and Blake are young. I said CP3 is not YOUNG, hes been in the league 9 years, hes entering his 10th season. Thats not YOUNG. Hes on the backside of his career, most guys dont play 20 years. So the argument that hes young and hes got time, is a very very shaky one. He doesnt have time, his window is closing. Hes got maybe 2-3 years to make it happen tops.

You also make the TEAM argument everytime the Clippers lose

Reggie miller has no ring, doesn't mean Mario chalmers is better. Different circumstances for everybody.....
    Who said anything about rings? Im just saying I dont think CP3 and Blake will win a ring together. They arent good enough. Im not sure KD and WB will (and we know they are the superior duo).
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Durant and WB aren't superstars either, no ring is no ring. Can't make exceptions for some...... If the standard is championships alone. Be consistent.

Because Durant looks far from a MVP to me. Hate to see how he feels if melo comes back west coast, he will no longer be the best SF in the west.
    Durant is a superstar. hes won the MVP, 3 scoring titles, and been to the finals.

There is a good reason why hes the 2nd best player in the league universally.

CP3 hasnt won an MVP, hasnt come close to an MVP (Durant has been 2nd in votes before), hes not won a scoring title, Hes never made it to the Finals. KD Career > CP3 career. And, you even think CP3 had a better team, and yet, they still couldnt beat OKC.

CP3 has had SUPERIOR teams to OKC and GSW yet they cant make it past the 2nd round. Last year was the coach this year was the system or defense, blah blah blah. Durant is 100 times better than Melo, Melo cant rebound or pass like KD can. and KD plays somewhat better defense.

10 times out of 10, GMs are picking KD over Melo, sorry.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Spurs in 5. The old team is going to make the heat look old. Its gonna look like the old cavs this year. Spurs bigs got better, bad news for bosh. Leonard is gonna annoy lebron, heat role players arent gonna shoot lights out from 3 again. Wade's knees arent gonna finish the climb.
    Not so sure about that. I respect LBJ too much to give him only 1 win. I still think every year someone on Miami steps up, could be Chalmers, could be Lewis, etc.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Yep.

Cp3s place in history will be on the shelf with guys like payton and stockton...... which is a hell of a compliment imo....

NO WAY BRO, THEY ARE THE MOST DOMINANT GUYS EVER, SO DOMINANT THEY HAVE BEEN FISHING FOR 2 WEEKS AND NOT IN THE PLAYOFFS

LULZ
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Yep.

He's on Payton's and stocktons level right now, yes. Let's see how his career progresses and ends.

Kemp has averaged 20ppg one time in his career. Blake is already considerably better than him already. Let's see how his career progresses too.....

He's past kemp and is progressing enough for me to say he will be better then Wallace before his career is over too. Will never be the great Tim Duncan, k. Mkhale, Garnett, Malone, Barkley, etc.... IMO

NO WAY BRO, THEY ARE THE MOST DOMINANT GUYS EVER, SO DOMINANT THEY HAVE BEEN FISHING FOR 2 WEEKS AND NOT IN THE PLAYOFFS

LULZ
    Teams build and grow each season to become great. Quit acting like everybody's career ends in one season.

Durant is a superstar. hes won the MVP, 3 scoring titles, and been to the finals.

There is a good reason why hes the 2nd best player in the league universally.

CP3 hasnt won an MVP, hasnt come close to an MVP (Durant has been 2nd in votes before), hes not won a scoring title, Hes never made it to the Finals. KD Career > CP3 career. And, you even think CP3 had a better team, and yet, they still couldnt beat OKC.

CP3 has had SUPERIOR teams to OKC and GSW yet they cant make it past the 2nd round. Last year was the coach this year was the system or defense, blah blah blah. Durant is 100 times better than Melo, Melo cant rebound or pass like KD can. and KD plays somewhat better defense.

10 times out of 10, GMs are picking KD over Melo, sorry.
    Durant has no championship. He is no superstar without it. Melo crushed Durant when they went head to head. Watch and see what happens on his new team next year.....

And don't glaze over cp3's accomplishments..... And he was 2nd in MVP and 3rd before. Hard for true PG's to get mvp's.... He averaged 24/12 for a season and got 2nd.... Look at the ball hog rose's MVP season numbers..... Like I said.... True PG's

You forget how good stockton was and how close stockton was to taking a championship from jordan.

Durant has no championship. He is no superstar without it. Melo crushed Durant when they went head to head. Watch and see what happens on his new team next year.....
    I feel like you make those statements a lot "WAIT AND SEE NEXT YEAR". Im still waiting, and I see Durant going further and further than Cp3 can. Durant is a better player, period, not even a discussion

And don't glaze over cp3's accomplishments..... And he was 2nd in MVP and 3rd before. Hard for true PG's to get mvp's.... He averaged 24/12 for a season and got 2nd.... Look at the ball hog rose's MVP season numbers..... Like I said.... True PG's
    AWesome, 2nd and 3rd place dont define champions or superstars. Rose was better than CP3 that year. Rose was unstoppable that season, I watched him single handily drop 50 vs the Hawks and toy with a team that had a decent roster that year.

I judge guys on their accomplishments, there is ZERO argument you can make for CP3 being better than Durant. Durant has done more with less.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Teams build and grow each season to become great. Quit acting like everybody's career ends in one season.
    CP3 has been building and growing for 9 years.

Im not saying his career is over, but, unlike you, I dont think hes the guy that gets you over the hump. I dont think he and BG win a championship while in LA unless they add another piece. They dont have enough scoring. CP3 was the reason they lost game 4 (was it 4) so this great floor general arguably cost his team a series.

Sorry, I think hes a GREAT player, but until he gets over the hump, hes just that.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

He's on Payton's and stocktons level right now, yes. Let's see how his career progresses and ends.

Kemp has averaged 20ppg one time in his career. Blake is already considerably better than him already. Let's see how his career progresses too.....

He's past kemp and is progressing enough for me to say he will be better then Wallace before his career is over too. Will never be the great Tim Duncan, k. Mkhale, Garnett, Malone, Barkley, etc.... IMO
    LOL Payton and Stockton went to the finals doe.

not the same.

Payton/Stockton are FAR superior to CP3. right now.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

You forget how good stockton was and how close stockton was to taking a championship from jordan.
    Never forgot that for one second. I just believe Paul will be playing Lebron in the final some or 2 years by the end of his career

Never forgot that for one second. I just believe Paul will be playing Lebron in the final some or 2 years by the end of his career
    Pop's spurs are the only thing keeping durant out of the finals. What happened this year between the thunder and clips will happen next year... and the next....

The spurs and thunder are the class of the west. The clips are the field front runners and the field is catching up.... clips could be a 5 seed next season

Maybe twitter champ lebron will tweet paul and bg this time around when free agency comes.....

Then we can talk about paul being a title contender

Pop's spurs are the only thing keeping durant out of the finals. What happened this year between the thunder and clips will happen next year... and the next....

The spurs and thunder are the class of the west. The clips are the field front runners and the field is catching up.... clips could be a 5 seed next season
    you've bumped your head. those are words you will definitely be eating......

LOL Payton and Stockton went to the finals doe.

not the same.

Payton/Stockton are FAR superior to CP3. right now.
    their careers are already over.......

14. Chris Paul

this is about right...... he's about 14th now.... when his career is over he will be in the top 10.....

he is defensively what the glove was to the PG position..... and what stockton was assist wise.....

A PG who doesn't rely on his athletic ability have longer careers..... westbrook and rose won't last long. cp3 will still be dangerous because of him being the total package. its scary looking at how young the complete team is. stay a prisoner of one year and ignore the improvement all you can now. because there will be a time when you will be forced to watch what you say is never coming.... and you KNOW i will be here to remind you guys..

CP3 has been building and growing for 9 years.

Im not saying his career is over, but, unlike you, I dont think hes the guy that gets you over the hump. I dont think he and BG win a championship while in LA unless they add another piece. They dont have enough scoring. CP3 was the reason they lost game 4 (was it 4) so this great floor general arguably cost his team a series.

Sorry, I think hes a GREAT player, but until he gets over the hump, hes just that.
    You sound stupid. The #1 scoring team in the NBA needs more scoring, lmao! Once they learn doc's defense is when they will take the next step.....not offensively. They are already the best in the NBA at that. But i'm sure that isnt true, right??????

cp3 has had 2 complete seasons with the clippers. talking about a byron scott coached team with the 2nd best player on the team being david west says enough.

the end of game 5 was definitely his fault. but give me another season you can say that. with the exception of the season the clips lost to the grizzlies after beating them the previous season he has lost to the nba champion 5 years of his 9. and we are talking about all time greatness he's lost to...... not an excuse, just saying losing to a dominating kobe bryant lead team and the all time best dynasty in the spurs lead by the greatest PF to ever touch a basketball doesn't exactly give you a shot without the proper team. Especially when you are a floor general and not a scoring machine.....

the clippers are young and promising for the future. trust me, lebron knows they are coming..... especially if the melo signing is true, durant would be terrified. because trust me, he knows melo is better.

but i still think he may make the chicago move, to stay in the weak east.....

I feel like you make those statements a lot "WAIT AND SEE NEXT YEAR". Im still waiting, and I see Durant going further and further than Cp3 can. Durant is a better player, period, not even a discussion

AWesome, 2nd and 3rd place dont define champions or superstars. Rose was better than CP3 that year. Rose was unstoppable that season, I watched him single handily drop 50 vs the Hawks and toy with a team that had a decent roster that year.

I judge guys on their accomplishments, there is ZERO argument you can make for CP3 being better than Durant. Durant has done more with less.
    durant has no ring. rose has no ring. westbrook has no ring. cp3 has no ring....... none of them are superstars. just stars.

scoring a lot of points is no accomplishment. try making all NBA first team defense for once. try leading the nba in steals and assists one year......... durant is a lazy player who is a scoring machine.....

great scorer, not a complete player...... has too many turnovers. he better hope melo doesn't come back west..... because he will quickly become the 2nd best SF in the west.

their careers are already over.......

14. Chris Paul

this is about right...... he's about 14th now.... when his career is over he will be in the top 10.....
    Less predictions more substance

he is defensively what the glove was to the PG position..... and what stockton was assist wise.....
    Payton MAYBE, hes not near Stockton.

A PG who doesn't rely on his athletic ability have longer careers..... westbrook and rose won't last long. cp3 will still be dangerous because of him being the total package. its scary looking at how young the complete team is. stay a prisoner of one year and ignore the improvement all you can now. because there will be a time when you will be forced to watch what you say is never coming.... and you KNOW i will be here to remind you guys..
    I tend to agree that I see WB as a time bomb, at some point his athleticism will leave him or break him down. But , WB is in his 5th year? Hes had half the career CP3 has had, and hes a better shooter, a better scorer, a better athlete, a better rebounder. Hes not a better pure PG, but im not sure you need a pure PG to win. Look at the 2 teams in the finals. TP is not a TRUE PG.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

You sound stupid. The #1 scoring team in the NBA needs more scoring, lmao! Once they learn doc's defense is when they will take the next step.....not offensively. They are already the best in the NBA at that. But i'm sure that isnt true, right??????
    They have been putting up points for the last 2 years, but , it doesnt translate to the playoffs. Now you sound stupid.

Barkely has said it for 2 years, they score a lot of points in the regular season, they look flashy, but in the playoffs, you have to be able to punch back, and the Clippers CANT.

THEY DO NOT HAVE A GO TO SCORER. THEY HAVE A BUNCH OF FLOPPERS AND STREAKY SHOOTERS. Thats it. They need a GO TO wing player, they dont have one. JJ REDDICK IS NOT WINNING YOU A CHAMPIONSHIP. IT had nothing to do with defense.

cp3 has had 2 complete seasons with the clippers. talking about a byron scott coached team with the 2nd best player on the team being david west says enough.
    With supreme talent and he cant win.
    the end of game 5 was definitely his fault. but give me another season you can say that. with the exception of the season the clips lost to the grizzlies after beating them the previous season he has lost to the nba champion 5 years of his 9. and we are talking about all time greatness he's lost to......
    Superstars and floor generals dont lose series. Period.

the clippers are young and promising for the future. trust me, lebron knows they are coming..... especially if the melo signing is true, durant would be terrified. because trust me, he knows melo is better.
    Melo is not better, no one but you believes that. How many MVPs does Melo have? How many Finals has Melo been to?

They are young and promising, but they need more pieces, less Jamal Crawfords and more veteran role players who arent ball stoppers and streaky 1 on 1 shooters. They literally have 3 guys that are the same in Reddick Crawford Dudley

but i still think he may make the chicago move, to stay in the weak east.....
    He wont go to CHicago, who wants to go play for Thibs who will run you 48 minutes a night and into the ground. Why play with Drose as Amare 2.0? No, i think he goes to Houston, i think he takes a paycut and goes to Houston to join Harden and D12.

The BEST place for him to go would be Atlanta, but he wont do that
    -www.usedbarcode.net

durant has no ring. rose has no ring. westbrook has no ring. cp3 has no ring....... none of them are superstars. just stars.

scoring a lot of points is no accomplishment. try making all NBA first team defense for once. try leading the nba in steals and assists one year......... durant is a lazy player who is a scoring machine.....

great scorer, not a complete player...... has too many turnovers. he better hope melo doesn't come back west..... because he will quickly become the 2nd best SF in the west.
    You ignored the fact that Rose and Durant have MVPS, and 1 finals appearance. Hell Rose made it to the conference finals.

Complete players win MVPs, Durant did :P
    -www.usedbarcode.net

You ignored the fact that Rose and Durant have MVPS, and 1 finals appearance. Hell Rose made it to the conference finals.

Complete players win MVPs, Durant did :P
    No ring = no superstar....

They have been putting up points for the last 2 years, but , it doesnt translate to the playoffs. Now you sound stupid.

Barkely has said it for 2 years, they score a lot of points in the regular season, they look flashy, but in the playoffs, you have to be able to punch back, and the Clippers CANT.

THEY DO NOT HAVE A GO TO SCORER. THEY HAVE A BUNCH OF FLOPPERS AND STREAKY SHOOTERS. Thats it. They need a GO TO wing player, they dont have one. JJ REDDICK IS NOT WINNING YOU A CHAMPIONSHIP. IT had nothing to do with defense.

With supreme talent and he cant win.

Superstars and floor generals dont lose series. Period.

Melo is not better, no one but you believes that. How many MVPs does Melo have? How many Finals has Melo been to?

They are young and promising, but they need more pieces, less Jamal Crawfords and more veteran role players who arent ball stoppers and streaky 1 on 1 shooters. They literally have 3 guys that are the same in Reddick Crawford Dudley

He wont go to CHicago, who wants to go play for Thibs who will run you 48 minutes a night and into the ground. Why play with Drose as Amare 2.0? No, i think he goes to Houston, i think he takes a paycut and goes to Houston to join Harden and D12.

The BEST place for him to go would be Atlanta, but he wont do that
    The clippers are the leading scoring team in the NBA. Look it up. It continued into the playoffs.......... the problem was their inability to stop OKC's scoring attack. Guess you just watched the last 4:00 of game 5.... guess you missed the other 44:00 minutes. dominating.... failed to protect the ball and DEFEND.....

101-88 with 4:00 left. regardless if you don't score another point.... your defense should close out that game.....

no fucking way melo goes to houston.... he lives in L.A, he's team jordan with CP3, their wives are best friends, practically became brothers during the olympics....

if he goes west AT ALL, it will be with the clippers once they get rid of dudley, hedu t, and possibly granger as well..... he's not considering houston.....

knicks
    bulls
    lakers
    clippers

no way he goes anywhere else unless they can convince him he will win a championship ASAP

[QUOTE=Jdm94Coupe;39537459]The clippers are the leading scoring team in the NBA. Look it up. It continued into the playoffs.......... the problem was their inability to stop OKC's scoring attack. Guess you just watched the last 4:00 of game 5.... guess you missed the other 44:00 minutes. dominating.... failed to protect the ball and DEFEND.....

101-88 with 4:00 left. regardless if you don't score another point.... your defense should close out that game.....

All I read from that was the Clippers lost the series because they couldnt close out games on the offensive side and defensive side. You have a stud PG on defense , you have a stud C at Defense. Thats more than most teams.

I just dont think defense was the only reason you lost. you have NO GO TO SCORERS, you are incapable of winning close games.

no fucking way melo goes to houston.... he lives in L.A, he's team jordan with CP3, their wives are best friends, practically became brothers during the olympics....

if he goes west AT ALL, it will be with the clippers once they get rid of dudley, hedu t, and possibly granger as well..... he's not considering houston.....

knicks
    bulls
    lakers
    clippers

no way he goes anywhere else unless they can convince him he will win a championship ASAP
    Wonder why they arent picking up Parsons option then. They dont need a PF...........

I still think he stays with the knicks, but that is changing by the day the way PJ cant get a coach.

Lakers NO SHOT.

Clippers is a nice dream, I suppose it could happen, but Im not sure what they can offer him with the other contracts on the books.

EDIT:
    $73,616,344

They would have to gut their team or trade a big piece to be able to sign Melo. or they would have to be ok with paying 15 million in luxury taxes.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast