Results 1 to 40 of 100

Thread: DIY: Suede headliner & pillars install

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Shine on! Nittanys1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Age
    44
    Posts
    14,580
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    I have been receiving countless PMs with ppl wanting to know where I purchased the fabric. It has been on page 3 but I have now updated the original post with the link to the fabric.

    I have also been getting asked about the visors so here is that info...


    Re: Question about DIY sun visors.
    Quote: Originally Posted by qwick
    Hey man I'm getting ready to re do my interior and I just wanted to know how you did your sun visors.Are they sewn together or what.

    Quote:Originally Posted by Nittanys1
    you doing your mistu? I dont know how those are made, however my honda ones were basically just stuffed together.

    there are teeth around 90% of the visor where both side of the fabric was shoved into the teeth and they held on to it. when I removed my old fabric I made sure to keep it whole and then use that as a template to trace, make sure to leave about 1/2 inch around the template.

    Quote: Originally Posted by qwick
    Yea Im gonna be doing the interior in the 2g. If you look at my sun visors they look sewn together in some areas but in others it looks as if its tucked in to the seam, similar to what you mentioned above.Did yours look like this? Also what did you use to push the fabric in to these teeth you mentioned, a flat blade screwdriver or were you able to get it in with a finger?

    Quote: Originally Posted by Nittanys1
    i had nothing that was sowed together. I used a flat head that was fat rather then sharp, so it didnt cut through the fabric. I also had a small hammer to help tap the screw driver, my hand got tired and sore fast without the hammer.

  2. #2
    OMG! It's Dylan! qwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Milledgeville
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,366
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    ^^^ Thanks again man.

  3. #3
    Shine on! Nittanys1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Age
    44
    Posts
    14,580
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nittanys1
    I have been receiving countless PMs with ppl wanting to know where I purchased the fabric. It has been on page 3 but I have now updated the original post with the link to the fabric.

    I have also been getting asked about the visors so here is that info...


    Re: Question about DIY sun visors.
    Quote: Originally Posted by qwick
    Hey man I'm getting ready to re do my interior and I just wanted to know how you did your sun visors.Are they sewn together or what.

    Quote:Originally Posted by Nittanys1
    you doing your mistu? I dont know how those are made, however my honda ones were basically just stuffed together.

    there are teeth around 90% of the visor where both side of the fabric was shoved into the teeth and they held on to it. when I removed my old fabric I made sure to keep it whole and then use that as a template to trace, make sure to leave about 1/2 inch around the template.

    Quote: Originally Posted by qwick
    Yea Im gonna be doing the interior in the 2g. If you look at my sun visors they look sewn together in some areas but in others it looks as if its tucked in to the seam, similar to what you mentioned above.Did yours look like this? Also what did you use to push the fabric in to these teeth you mentioned, a flat blade screwdriver or were you able to get it in with a finger?

    Quote: Originally Posted by Nittanys1
    i had nothing that was sowed together. I used a flat head that was fat rather then sharp, so it didnt cut through the fabric. I also had a small hammer to help tap the screw driver, my hand got tired and sore fast without the hammer.


    It would be to read.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!