Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: New Stock CRX

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    IA Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    LaGrange
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thanks for all the replies guys! I'm very happy with this CRX (my first Honda). Advice from a friend got me looking at CRX's (thanks six7teen). I've been reading and doing research for the last six months or so, waiting for the right one to come along. These things sell so fast! I jumped on this one when I saw it. I posted this in my intro thread but forgot to mention it here -- This CRX isn't completely stock. The PO put in a d16z6 (OBD1 MPFI conversion), so it's not the original engine (only 162k on the body though!). I know engine swaps are a really common thing on these cars, and this particular swap seems like a good option, but let me know what you guys think about it. Here's some pictures:





    MY PLANS:
    Right now? Not a whole lot. Basically I'm just going to take my time getting to know the car. I need to double check everything the PO did for my own peace of mind (still sifting through a shoebox full of receipts). I want to figure out what was stock and what's not. It looks good and runs well. I need to clean up some cosmetic flaws -- a few dents, the rip on the front seat and bolster, the cargo divider is in two pieces, touch up some paint, wash it, etc. Those are the important first steps. So no mods in the immediate future. Just cleaning and getting to know the CRX.

    I did have a few ideas, but I'm still doing some research. I want to keep it mostly stock (loving the interior). Rear disc brakes would be nice (not because I'm looking for extra braking power, but just for looks and ease of maintenance). I want to replace that curvy ebay intake and maybe move the filter back up into the engine bay and away from the street (I haven't looked it over too closely yet but I worry about it sucking up water). I might swap out the wheels for something that'll show off the discs and calipers a little better. Maybe not. I kind of like the SI wheels. But this all subject to change. Lots of searching and reading to do first. Comments? Concerns? I'm glad for any feedback.

  2. #2
    Senior Member | IA Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    11,435
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    i would probably put some other OEM honda wheels on it, put gas in it and enjoy the MPG

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!