bad ass rims there son +1
bad ass rims there son +1
I love air cooled I have a 1974 and 1972 Super Beetle I have been playing with.
2008 Pontiac G8 GT (Not your Daddys 4 door)
2006 CBR F4i - (Sold)
2007 Lexus IS - (Sold)
2006 MazdaSpeed 6 - (Sold)
Most recent cars list is too long
I had a 69. you are going to get people stopping you all day. "you wanna sell your Ghia"? "Nice Ghia" and such. Be carefull about wrecking it. Ghia's are only 3 pieces. a front, middle and rear. there NO QUARTER PANELS!! trust me on the pain in the a$$ and cost you will save yourself in heeding these words. G/L I can't wait to see how it turns out.
N/A>>><<<BOOST
Thanks! I know of the samba. I actually bought my car off of that site.
looks good man! cant wait to see what are you going to do to this next! now i have the urge to restore my 74 bug...
JJSPEC Racing
"He who judges a book by its cover will soon be staring at taillights."
^^ Get goin on it man! aircooled Vdubs are awesome! Show me some pics.
im jealous
![]()
www.wagenwerksatlanta.com
Auto Collision & European Restoration
920 Cripple Creek Drive
Lawrenceville, Ga 30043
678.407.8025
Here is my old 62 that I restored from the ground up...Won couple of awards too. Sold it many moons ago to a gentleman from Cali!
![]()
Here are pics of my bugs still under construction![]()
2008 Pontiac G8 GT (Not your Daddys 4 door)
2006 CBR F4i - (Sold)
2007 Lexus IS - (Sold)
2006 MazdaSpeed 6 - (Sold)
Most recent cars list is too long
Does it look more like the first 2 pics or the last 2??Originally Posted by Rican219
Those are both of them 1974 and 1972. I have 2 one is being boosted and the other is going to be NAOriginally Posted by KustomBuildz
2008 Pontiac G8 GT (Not your Daddys 4 door)
2006 CBR F4i - (Sold)
2007 Lexus IS - (Sold)
2006 MazdaSpeed 6 - (Sold)
Most recent cars list is too long
wow that is one hot beauty. my buddy has one down the street and its doesnt look anything that good
Haha awesome. Let me know when you've got one on the road. We'll have to go for a photoshoot.
LOL Sweet will do!Originally Posted by KustomBuildz
2008 Pontiac G8 GT (Not your Daddys 4 door)
2006 CBR F4i - (Sold)
2007 Lexus IS - (Sold)
2006 MazdaSpeed 6 - (Sold)
Most recent cars list is too long
So I finally got some pics.
The dash will be blended nicely and there is a subtle detail below the taillights that will really set it off. Alot of the rust and holes have been blended and repaired. The floor pans were replaced everything is stripped down. I've got an enclosure for 2 12s in the works.
Thats my friend Corey in the pics whose doin the custom work.
atleast your doing it right, most people would just paint over the rust.
Yah theres a bit of bondo but holes were fiberglassed etc. Nothing is being overlooked.
looking good bandy.. love some good old body work lol
My wheels are in ill post pics when I take 'em!
NIKON Squad | D90
Ya dude browse around thesamba.com but under 3k for one that needs some TLC
NIKON Squad | D90
nice ghia, keep up the good work. Hope the project car turns out great.
**** yea. good luck on the project. old vw's are awesome. i used to have a 68 fastback. but then traded it for a 73 bug with dual carbs and a front lowering beam. i miss my fastback.
Everything tastes better on a cracker.
-www.AtlantaStuntJunkies.com-
Been awhile, so here is a huge update!
So to begin, the body work has been extensive here is early:
This is going to fit an LED tail strip:
Here is the LED fitted; just about flush:
This is the enclosure I built for it, Corey through on some fiberglass:
Then I put together a simple tray to help the whole back steup to flow; again more fiberglass:
Here is the fiberglass being added to the enclosure:
And seats from a Camry test fitted:
This is some early bodywork as well; we got rid of those ugly signals, the new ones will be hidden behind the grilles:
Early work on the dash:
Ah the primered enclosure in the primered car:
Primered rear deck:
Final choice of seats; custom upholstered by somebody in Memphis. He did a fine job anybody guess what seats these are from?
![]()
NIKON Squad | D90
The ones test fitted were but the actual ones used were from a Corolla. Not very different I'm sure.
NIKON Squad | D90
All the ugly brown plastics on the sides will be died to match, I think they will fit nicely in the Ghia
NIKON Squad | D90
holy crap nice update. I like the signal delete alot. really cleans it up.
Yah, if you noticed it on the first page or so, it needed to be gone. Corey cleaned up all of the detail lines; building up edges to be sharper then fading them off near their ends. Its an incredible effect!
NIKON Squad | D90
looks good
That makes me want to go out and buy one now. Keep up the good work!
looks awesome!
Drillin' switches on them bitches!
Ridin' So Low...
Thanks guys, ill rep those who I can.
NIKON Squad | D90
its gonna be clean, thats for sure
So, I am terrible with keeping up with build threads. But! The car is done! and for sale..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-...ac258209#v4-42
I never really got any pictures of the car since it's been completed, but there are a few on the ebay page.
It has ~5k mi on a rebuilt motor, mostly new suspension and brakes.
The body has been cleaned up then resprayed in a beautiful orange.
The interior is all new and custom with leather Toyota OEM seats up front and a fiberglassed system in the back(don't worry, people wouldn't have fit back there anyhow).
NIKON Squad | D90
Well, thats a hell of an update lol.
It turned out really nice manI love these things. Wish I had the money, id def pick this thing up.
Life is a thought, think about it.