Thread: worst job and current job

Banned

Default worst job and current job

I didn't see a thread on this and thought it be interesting to see what your worst job was and what you do now.
    Me: worst job, working at food processing plant with people that didn't speak a word of english, no a/c, min wage
    Current: in between doing car sales

Worst job: Working under the table for a machine shop tearing down motors that are getting built. Shit pay and was a complete pee-on.

Best job: Currently working as a medic here in Atlanta and loving it. Great pay and rewarding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

Worst: Construction working under 106 degree weather during summer time. Pay was alright. I was 15 so, $500 a week wasn't bad for a teen my age.

5 years later...

Best: Currently store manager for Ultra Carwash, great pay, boss everyone around, full benefits, 401k, and best off all my car stays clean 24/7. Also free emissions.

Worst: Welder at a trash truck depot. Stayed 2 days, never went back

Best: During HS I bussed tables and occasionally served at a high end banquet hall/ restaurant.

Current: Sheetmetal assembler at Lockheed.

Worst: Mcdonalds

Best: Interpretor for Workers Comp (AWESOME pay) little work

Current: Sales rep at AT&T

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Worst - any job with a black female supervisor
    Best - any job without a black female supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Worst - any job with a black female supervisor
    Best - any job without a black female supervisor
    What's being a black female supervisor gotta do with anything? You must've got rejected by one because you got a lil wee wee. :what:

Sent From My Omega Red Galaxy S2

Quote Originally Posted by dc5-rsx View Post
    What's being a black female supervisor gotta do with anything? You must've got rejected by one because you got a lil wee wee. :what:

No mandingo! Probably lol.

IA.COM Founder.

Worst : None. Only had 2 jobs ever outside of IA.
    Best Job: Owning IA and current job.
    Current : Distric Manager ( we call it Operations Supervisor) for a retail company here in GA.

Best= Was owning my own business 2nd best was working at a dodge dealership with alot of my highschool buddys

worst= Working as a diesel tech the work was ok the boss was a real dick 2nd worst was a bodyshop in highschool I liked it work but hated the pay and hacking up colors from all the dust.
    Hella stock member!

Its very interesting to see everyone's backgrounds

Quote Originally Posted by dc5-rsx View Post

If you honestly dont know what im talking about..... then i probably have more experience with black women than you do.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Kyle's Avatar

Worst: Lockheed Intern (most boring job ever plus factory hours take a toll on you)
    Curren/Best: Portfolio Analyst at a major bank in Atlanta
    ***Lotus Elise***

BlackWatchRacing
    /Sector111/Larini Exhausts/Difflow Diffusers/Classic Livery of Atlanta Paint/APR Performance

Quote Originally Posted by E36slide View Post
    I may not be as book savey as the next guy but i posses a vast knowledge based street smarts.

Quote Originally Posted by green91 View Post
    Its very interesting to see everyone's backgrounds
    Indeed.

My worst: Probably kaufman tire. Manager was the type that HAD to hit budget every day, So I'd wind up working 12 hours a day without lunch. Every night i was stuck there 2 hours after closing because he'd continue to take cars in after closing, promising me that each one was the last. Literally lost 5 pounds in a week and I was only like 160lbs back then. Walked out.

Current/best: Search engine marketing (managing the ads you see in google search results). Sit in front of a computer all day.

Stay Humble

Worst: working at publix

Best/current: working from home, customer service rep for online business.

real answer.....

worst: commercial drywall, not because i disliked the work.... at the time, it kept me in shape, but because everyone i worked with was a highschool dropout drug addict slacker with no direction in life.
    Best: Bar tender, :boobies:
    Current: Machine technician
    Next: Moving to Florida and want to join the police academy.

Worst: Mold abatement(cleaning) techincian....yea, that one was the worst but i lived on an island in FL.

Best:Backstage security at Nopi..driving hot ass girls around, standing next to them for hours, after partys, fuck yea

Current: Self employed doing data/low voltage/energy management system installs in commercial/retail buildings.
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

My worst job? Can't really think of one. Seem I've kind of enjoyed most all of them.

My favorite job? My current one could be a front runner. With it, I've been able to see lots of the country and get paid to do so. Walked the shores of a couple of the Great Lakes, been over to Canada, seen Niagra Falls, been to a LLWS game in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, driven through New York City, Boston, Amish country and plenty more.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

WORST- WORKING DOING DRYWALL WITH MY DAD ( ALWAYS GETTING IN TROUBLE )

BEST/CURRENT- WORKING AT A JUNK YARD IN FAYETTEVILLE DOING INVENTORY ON CARS THAT COME IN WRECKED DIBBS ON EVERYTHING THAT COME IN THATS NOT FACTORY/ OEM ,,,WHEELS, INTERIOR PIECES, WHATEVER IN THE CAR WHEN SOME CRASHES CELL PHONES, MONEY, LOTTERY SCRATCH OFF TICKETS,GPS'S,,RANDOM THINGS

Emergency Medical Tech

Worst: work at ryan's steakhouse as a cook. A lot of work with minimum wage even after raise.

Best/current: save lives and protect property.
    2nd best: work pt with ups during holiday season.

You don't know how STRONG you are until being strong is the only
    CHOICE you have!

'Born Ready!',LJ

Worst:1st job i ever had when i was 13. I was a rug flipper for a persian rug guy at what they call a BAZAAR. Basically its a European flea market and the military kids would get signed up to help out different vendors. I got stuck with Alis Rugs . So you would have a stack of literally 500 rugs on top of each other, and someone would want to see one on the very bottom, so you would have to flip them all the way down. Got rug burns, back breaking work. But, i got paid like $200, which was like being rich at the time

Best: Networking Systems Administrator for USARC. Got paid BANK, job was tons of fun and really laid back.

Current:Full time student so I can finish my degree in my field.

Honorable mention: Batlground or any other performance shop i worked for SUCKED. Long hours, shitty pay , horrible customers.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Worst: Pepboys, I was the only person who actually worked. I was the cashier, worked parts, and driver all for shit pay.

Best: Working with my uncle at his shop, I would make $100 minimum for a days work.

Current: Working at Fry's Electronics in the e-cage, I dont do much just sit on my ass. Its an alright job but I would rather move around instead of being stuck in a cage for 8 hours.

Worst: Chipotle on piedmont rd, being latino working with other latinos is not a good mix because they like to boss you around.

Best: I havent had a best job yet.

Current: I own my own small office cleaning business and student.

AFA HOLLYWOOD PREMIER LEAGUE EST. 1998

Worst: Wasn't really bad, but during HS i did work as a Butcher at a retail store. It was actually pretty fun job.

Best/Current: Network Engineer

Worst- autozone, worked there while I was in emt and paramedic school.

Best- Grady EMS as a paramedic, though I turned in my two weeks last Friday.
    Try not. Do or Do not.

Quote Originally Posted by C230K View Post
    Worst: Chipotle on piedmont rd, being latino working with other latinos is not a good mix because they like to boss you around.

Best: I havent had a best job yet.

Current: I own my own small office cleaning business and student.
    Which Chipotle, there are tons on piedmont. Also why does it seem only latinos work there, whats the deal?
    ***Lotus Elise***

BlackWatchRacing
    /Sector111/Larini Exhausts/Difflow Diffusers/Classic Livery of Atlanta Paint/APR Performance

I may not be as book savey as the next guy but i posses a vast knowledge based street smarts.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Mad Mike's Avatar

Worst: Ingles bagging groceries in HS. shit pay ungrateful old people.
    Best: Prep/server at St Ives coffee shop. All the coffee drinks I could handle. Worked out great going to collage at night.
    Current: Broad Band Tech level 3 for a large cable company. 7+ years

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Which Chipotle, there are tons on piedmont. Also why does it seem only latinos work there, whats the deal?
    The one on lenox rd and piedmont. We are great workers thats why We did have some black and white people work there, but they did not last a month. I was offered to be manager there, but turned it down.

AFA HOLLYWOOD PREMIER LEAGUE EST. 1998

Quote Originally Posted by eraser4g63 View Post
    Worst- autozone, worked there while I was in emt and paramedic school.

Best- Grady EMS as a paramedic, though I turned in my two weeks last Friday.
    Shit man. I would love to get on with Grady. Been trying for some time now and I have a letter of recommendation from Costello. About to get hired on with Central.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

i havent had many jobs....

worst: overnight stocking at kroger. weird co workers..hard work for minimum wage. made me work when i was sick as a dog. i quit. just not fun at all!

best: doesnt count as a real job, but i was a "paid intern" at a mechanics shop. the atmosphere was great i loved it! got to work on customers cars without any training. got paid pretty well..helped keep my mind busy while i was going thru a bad breakup..only lasted 3 weeks because it was agreed upon before start of work that i would only work till summer break ended.

current: student assistant at the GGC wellness and recreation center. Been there for 4.5 years and now i supervise the newer staff. Dont do much work since the 'chain of command' attitude at the school allows me to boss the newer workers around, but we work as a team and i make sure everyone is happy! working here till i grad and move onto somethin much better!!

worst : line cook at shoney's when I was in high school

best: automotive tech at a small shop. worked only 40-50 hours a wekk and made really good money. got laid off due to the economy a few years back.

current: toyo tire north america (testing department). It's fun and interesting having tires blow up and stuff but I can't really move up from here.

side note: going back to the IT field I started in back in '99. Currently studying for my certifications and will more than likely go back to school.

Quote Originally Posted by NAIZBST View Post
    worst : line cook at shoney's when I was in high school

best: automotive tech at a small shop. worked only 40-50 hours a wekk and made really good money. got laid off due to the economy a few years back.

current: toyo tire north america (testing department). It's fun and interesting having tires blow up and stuff but I can't really move up from here.

side note: going back to the IT field I started in back in '99. Currently studying for my certifications and will more than likely go back to school.
    How long have you worked there? My buddy worked there for a few years in college.
    ***Lotus Elise***

BlackWatchRacing