Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brandsmart!

Default Brandsmart!

I'm very worried i have been had!

A few months ago i purchased a 50 plasma phillips hdtv.

Now the thing wont stay on longer then 5 minutes before i get this red light on the set.

Now im reading that they sell the b and c stock electronics and maybe even Refurb!.

I was not notified of the information when i made my purchase and im kinda upset about it.

I have a repair date set up but im reading stories about sets being taken to shops for weeks! Also being returned scratched all over!

Anyone know what i should do? I would like to get my money back but i know my chances of that are very slim.

Im just very angry that i was sold a lower quality tv set without being told .

Im blunt,Get over it blacknightteg's Avatar

that sucks. dont go to places that look like flea markets
    Canon Nutswinger:
    Canon XS
    18-55mm
    55-250mm
    50mm USM

I really didn't know anything about the place, And i havn't heard about them selling refurb stuff. Im confused at how they could sell this low end crap and not alert the consumer at what thier buying.

Certified Gearhead

Sucks. We got a vacumm from Frys and took thatg **** back when we saw it was refurbished.

..hate to hear that. I have a 42" Samsung that I've had for a year now without issues. hope it all works out in your favor.

when i bought the thing they brought one out for me to see that had a crack in the screen... So i told them to keep that one and i got the current set i have and now i wonder what wrong with this one.

Thats why i did not buy my tv from there.

The EMPIRE

so yours wasn't factory sealed in a box when they brought it to the loading dock? they have some policy where they open the box for you to inspect to ensure it was untouched/damaged before leaving.

Best bet is to take detailed pics of the condition prior to the repairman getting his hands on it. Pretty sure the time has expired for a chance of getting free replacement. I would also push for some sort of incentive due to your inconvenience.

The box was sealed when they brought it to me.. They opened it for my to inspect the condition, the first tv was chipped in the glass. My current set was fine on the outside. Im just not sure what to ask for from the whole situation.

Wow That Sucks
    View the world through a dogs eyes, if you can't screw it or eat it, pi$$ on it and walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruststang
    Im just very angry that i was sold a lower quality tv set without being told .
    You probably also paid a much lower price.

You get what you pay for and, unfortunately, Brandsmart will not hesitate to sell you crap. My buddy had some problems with a CD player he bought there and they pretty much gave him the run-around until he gave up.

Good luck getting the situation taken care of. Next time, go to Best Buy or even Wal-Mart.

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Ran
    You probably also paid a much lower price.

You get what you pay for and, unfortunately, Brandsmart will not hesitate to sell you crap. My buddy had some problems with a CD player he bought there and they pretty much gave him the run-around until he gave up.

Good luck getting the situation taken care of. Next time, go to Best Buy or even Wal-Mart.
    well first off.. dont buy phillips.. they have problems with their tv power supplies recently.

second.. go to brandsmart. have them give you a price on paper. take it to another store and price match

Quote Originally Posted by EmminoDaGreat
    Thats why i did not buy my tv from there.

I got mine from HHGREG
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by DemonEyez
    second.. go to brandsmart. have them give you a price on paper. take it to another store and price match

Try contacting PHILLIPS directly, my Samsng has a 2 year warranty on it, so if the TV is relatively new, they may just swap it out for you if you have your receipt
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Repair guys just left here and now i have to wait for up to 2 weeks and a new board and power supply. Im kinda pissed i have to wait now 2 more weeks just for the parts to arrive. I want to call and ***** someone out but phillips knew they sold a ****ty unit to a discount store and well brandsmart knew they were a ****ty discount store. To clarify the price was not that much cheaper maybe 150 bucks then another store. I will never do business with ether company again.

That's what I've been telling people. Brandsmart and Some of Fry's stuffs are B-stocks. Fry's Refurbs are labeled, however, Brandsmart's aren't.

Sorry that doesn't work out for u. However, don't you have 1yr mfg warranty? Try to contact them to see what's going on.

damn....that place gives me the creeps though...makes me have a seizure cuz of all the neon signs all over the walls...

PRO desi

****ed. I have a 32inch lcd samsung from them.. i did purchase the extended 3 yr warranty.. i hope nothing happens to it cause i cant afford to buy another one.

I hope everything works out for you and that they get all your sh*t fixed, and i would def call phillips. BUT question, do you have it hooked up to a surger protector? battery backup?

i called phillips and thats why im waiting right now... i also have the 3yr add-on plan from brandsmart. Yep its on a surge protector .

Now im reading that they sell the b and c stock electronics and maybe even Refurb!.

FYI, B and C stock are reburbs!!

Good luck!!

Ugh!!! The repair company called me today and asked me if i needed any further repair on my set... THEY HAVE YET TO FIX ANYTHING!!! WTF is going on. I'm so f*cking P*ssed right now. Also they have only ordered one of the two parts! I have taken it upon myself to call and get the part numbers to both parts so I'm going to call them tomorrow and do their job for them. I'm very close to driving down there and having a word with them face to face. I can't understand what is so hard about this.

It get better!! I did some research on the authorized service provider see your yourself. http://atlanta.citysearch.com/review/3036516
    could a mod please place this thread in the lifestyle section i think it might be more fitting.

a tru OG,.. ask somebody

the best thing to do, buy from me and i can install it too

serousley, you cant buy from a "discount" store and not expect to get "discount" merchandise... like someone said above, you get what you pay for
    Jimmy Blair II
    www.Pinnacleracing.com
    01 Tahoe w/ 'sclade stuff
    99 Grand Cherokee

Update!!! tv dude came out with a small signal board and that didn't fix it about a week ago. They came out today with a power circuit board and he happend to order the wrong part number so now maybe it will get fixed on friday! Unless he brings over some oreo cookies only to relieze he brought cookies and not the power board

Quote Originally Posted by Ruststang
    Update!!! tv dude came out with a small signal board and that didn't fix it about a week ago. They came out today with a power circuit board and he happend to order the wrong part number so now maybe it will get fixed on friday! Unless he brings over some oreo cookies only to relieze he brought cookies and not the power board
    haha @ da oreos.....wish ya luck to get it fixed....

hey i haven't had a problem from brandsmart i have 1 40 " lcd samsung that i have had for a year no problems 1 42 plasma that i have had for 6 months and i have one 50 plasma for 6 months also no problems at all.... all samsung.. my xbox i bought there along with my wii... i hope you have good luck with it and for future info hh gregg and brandsmart price match and they will pricematch the pricematch i went back and forth ended up saving 700 bux and brandsmart went longer without saying no more lol
    NO NWS

-zen motors-

got my 42" Sony from brandsmart about 2-3 years ago and haven't had a single problem. i've never considered philips to be a well known high quality tv manufacturer.. maybe thats your problem.. you need higher standards when purchasing pricey items.

learn your lesson and stop buying half ass products. do some research before spending your hard earned money!

and if you took offense to what im saying, oh well. it is what it is. if you bought a kia when you could have had a honda, well.. thats on you.
    Last edited by GGPIS3; 12-26-2007 at 12:37 AM.

I bought my 42" Samsung plasma from Brandsmart about a year ago. Never had a problem, played games 24/7 for a while till I got tired of the game. I think you just got a Monday's TV. I bought a Mitsubishi from a reputable electronic store and it went out on me after 1 month. They came and repaired it and never had a problem since.

I got a badass tv from them like 2-3 yeras ago and it works perfect to this day

Quote Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
    NO SHIT AT ALL I JUST HAD MILK AND A COOKIE. I DIPPED THAT BITCH AND EVERYTHING, SORT OF LIKE I DID MY NUTS INTO YOUR MOTHERS LOOSE VAGINA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Te72Rob View Post
    That......would be my bad. Sorry.

Never had a problem with any products I have purchased from Brandsmart. HHGreg though, that is another story .

2013 Corsa Blue Optima SX 2.0T

THEY DO SELL REFREB ITEMS I KNOW FIRST HAD CAUSE I USE TO WORK THERE Y U THINK ITS SO CHEAP

I'd just get a regular large flatscreen tv. U kno the technology is still new with the hdtv plasma sets... so of course there are going to be bugs.

CHASE ->>>
    WHAT MATTERS

ehhhh

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW
    THEY DO SELL REFREB ITEMS I KNOW FIRST HAD CAUSE I USE TO WORK THERE Y U THINK ITS SO CHEAP
    There prices arent that cheap always. Well damn if thats true they could get in alot of trouble for passing off refurb items as new. Ive also gotter several tvs from there no problems. What store did you work at i might know u.

at the doraville store i worked n theback so i saw all tht went down we would seal items back up make them look like new n there u go cheap tv
    Quote Originally Posted by slowinmidga
    There prices arent that cheap always. Well damn if thats true they could get in alot of trouble for passing off refurb items as new. Ive also gotter several tvs from there no problems. What store did you work at i might know u.

I'm sorry but i'd never buy anything from brandsmart, the place just reeks of cheap crap, ****ty customer service, no one can answer my questions, and to be honest i can get a better deal ordering online and having it shipped to me, even if i have to worry about it being damaged on the way its still better than buying from them. But when it comes to tv's i just order through the company i'm with, we have deals with sony and LG.
    I spend money on HP not Brand Names.

08 Infiniti G37s 6MT [The Daily Beast]
    05 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII MR [Sold]
    01 Lexus Is300 [Under Construction]
    93 mazda Mx-3 SE 2.5 Klze [Sold]
    92 mazda mx-3 GS 2.0 Kfze [I Killed it]

....and my top let back umairejaz's Avatar

I never knew they sold 2nd hand stuff......hmmm

Learning everyday.

....and my top let back umairejaz's Avatar

and if its true you should go to a lawyer and sue like crazy, you could bank if they sell referb items labeled at new

Learning everyday.

Television is FIXED!!!! Finally... The original problem was the power supply. The problem caused by the repair company was the installation of a bad small signal board. In the repair technition's defense he wanted to order the power supply from the begining. The tech support people at phillips told his tech support guys from the repair shop to follow the process of replacing the small signal board first. So all is well now and i will just wait to see how long this lasts.

did you happen to pay 88.88?

Nope i didnt pay anything but phillips had to pay them $400.00

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast