Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Audi A4 vs. 95 eclipse

Default New Audi A4 vs. 95 eclipse

Ill make this short and sweet.............

Leaving work this morning heading down 75 south, riding at about 75 MPH when i see a Audi come up behind me "had to be pushing 90" so since i really didnt feel like speeding up "nor did i had the gas too lol" i moved over.

Well this asshole feels the need to slow down switch lanes and ride my ass............ did i miss something well ok whatever. i switch back lanes then he pulls up beside me. Skinny black guy in a Blue audi looked newer and i know it was a A4 "i love those cars". So he sits and rides beside me about 1 1/2 miles then i start to get pissed hes saying something out the window but i dont hear him, so i speed up and here he comes so i made the mistake and allowed my blow-off valve to go off . this numbd nuts floors it he gets about 1/2 a car ahead when i downshifted into 4th and reeled his punk ass in and put 3 cars on him very easy very quickly wasnt even funny.

Description of the vehicle:

Newer Audi A4 Midnight blue Bronze OZ wheels "i want to say supperleggas"

Place:
    southside

Person: mid 20 black guy if your on here feel free to chime in

By the way my eclipse is mildy built but in desperate need of a tune and boost controller. But ehhh a kills a kill so thought id share.

later

G.O.D

fuck audi's and their typical "I drive a german sedan and its so cool" owners' attitudes :jerkit:
    overpriced VW's
    good you taught him a lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspeed
    fuck audi's and their typical "I drive a german sedan and its so cool" owners' attitudes :jerkit:
    overpriced VW's
    Some of them ARE cool. Deal with it.
    No offense, but it may have been a regular A4 (probably a stock B5 1.8t 150hp 3350lb Tiptronic Quattro)
    Wow!!! Modified sports car vs stock sedan that has a smaller engine, more weight and much less power.

Should I post about all the Civics, Neons, Accords, and Cavaliers I beat??? Uh.........yeah, didn't think so.

Too bad there aren't many examples of fast Audis here in the South.

You should see what they do with them up north, or many parts of Europe and Scandinavian countries. MANY sub-10 sec cars, and a few have 100% stock internals.
    Last edited by d993s; 09-26-2006 at 03:45 PM.

Good kill for jooooo... Audi's are nice Gotta give them that....

Quote Originally Posted by d993s
    Some of them ARE cool. Deal with it.
    No offense, but it may have been a regular A4 (probably a stock B5 1.8t 150hp 3350lb Tiptronic Quattro)
    Wow!!! Modified sports car vs stock sedan that has a smaller engine, more weight and much less power.

Should I post about all the Civics, Neons, Accords, and Cavaliers I beat??? Uh.........yeah, didn't think so.

You should see what they do with them up north, or many parts of Europe and Scandinavian countries. MANY sub-10 sec cars, and a few have 100% stock internals.
    acually i just moved from germany ,and i saw many nice audi's over there im very knowledgable on what they can do. secondly i believe it had a 2. -something badge cause when i exited he did a lovely ricer flyby and i looked for a second. lastly i didnt post this cause i killed him "reality i murdered him" i posted it cause he was a dick and got owned period.

hopefully it taught him a lesson

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.D
    acually i just moved from germany ,and i saw many nice audi's over there im very knowledgable on what they can do. secondly i believe it had a 2. -something badge cause when i exited he did a lovely ricer flyby and i looked for a second. lastly i didnt post this cause i killed him "reality i murdered him" i posted it cause he was a dick and got owned period.

hopefully it taught him a lesson
    Well then the guy should be humiliated for being an dick.

Next time throw an open burrito at him or something. I did that once. It felt good.

Dj hugo

fuck audi's and their typical "I drive a german sedan and its so cool" owners' attitudes
    overpriced VW's
    Yo Chris..for the few times that we've hung out have I ever appraoched you like that??

I know of one....
    http://www.streevracingdayton.com/ni...0Nightruns%202

http://www.streetracingdayton.com/nightruns1.wmv

http://media.putfile.com/Audi-S4-VS-Turbo-Integra

http://sipimpin.multiply.com/video/item/1 <----my fav. only b/c of what SM said
    F U PAY ME RECORDS
    JIVE RECORDS
    2000 Audi S4 100% Completely Stock
    For Sale
    www.myspace.com/djhug0

Quote Originally Posted by St0lenR
    Yo Chris..for the few times that we've hung out have I ever appraoched you like that??

I know of one....
    http://www.streevracingdayton.com/ni...0Nightruns%202

http://www.streetracingdayton.com/nightruns1.wmv

http://media.putfile.com/Audi-S4-VS-Turbo-Integra

http://sipimpin.multiply.com/video/item/1 <----my fav. only b/c of what SM said
    Chris is known to be the toughest MF'in smart-ass beast on the forums, while being a lethargic little lamb in real life.

I'll have a $1500 Audi for him to run this fall/winter so he can stop the German-car bashing.

i gotta say Hugos Audi is one of the few nice audis out there however this asshole was cocky and got his just deserve

Certified Gearhead

Last edited by TTaz02; 07-02-2010 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TTaz02
    Yeah those crazy Audi kids, maybe we should put them in that honda/acura rice section... I've met way more Japanese car driving dicks on this board than German. Try not to stereotype.
    x1000

all this B.s honda owners have the german guys beat hands down!

Quote Originally Posted by benwaballs
    x1000
    all this B.s honda owners have the german guys beat hands down!
    LOL, I agree.
    Funny though...you are an ex-german car driver who came over to the land of the rising sun...

Quote Originally Posted by St0lenR
    LOL, there are exceptions to every rule, hugo youre cool and your car is fast. I was geralizing the typical A4 driver I see on the road. You dont count. I drive an s10 for christs sake, but im not a typical s10 driver.

Chris is known to be the toughest MF'in smart-ass beast on the forums, while being a lethargic little lamb in real life.
    I'll have a $1500 Audi for him to run this fall/winter so he can stop the German-car bashing.
    Yo Dave, lets not confuse being generally unconcerned with lethargic. You havent given me anything to be concerned about, except for what I hear about your dating age-group preferences.
    BTW, Im nowhere nearly the "smart-ass beast" that a lot of people on here. I dont purposely talk shit; I simply state my opinion, and i can usually back it up with logic. This can upset people.
    The overwhelming perception is that most german car drivers are not enthusiasts, and the cars are not exciting. Most of the drivers are VW beetle drivers who like the gas mileage, BMW 323 drivers who like the "BMW image," the MB ml320' drivers who just have to have an SUV and A4 drivers who just love to show how fast their 180 HP german sports machines are.
    Dont get me wrong... There are some really nice german cars, and in a lot of areas, I think german cars are exceptional. The MB SLR is my favorite car. The MB e55 and m5's are my favorite sedans. I also very much like the audi rs4. The 911 gt3 is one of my favorite sports cars.
    And there are a lot of german car enthusiasts.
    But, I would say there are probably not any higher percentage of US german car owners who are "enthusiasts" than any other country of vehicle origin.
    Also, to be honest, I could care less if you have a friend that happens to have a fast audi. Hugo on here has one too. There are exeptions to every rule. I would venture to guess that its nowhere nearly as fast as the fastest supra, camaro, mustang etc etc running around here. Its the same silly arguement that people with stock civics use when they encounter something fast...the old "sport compact" excuse... "Oh yeah...well there is this guy I read about in California that has a civic that ran an 8 sec 1/4 mile..." It still doesnt say anything about him or their car.

LOL, there are exceptions to every rule, hugo youre cool and your car is fast. I was geralizing the typical A4 driver I see on the road. You dont count. I drive an s10 for christs sake, but im not a typical s10 driver.

Yo Dave, lets not confuse being generally unconcerned with lethargic. You havent given me anything to be concerned about, except for what I hear about your dating age-group preferences.
    BTW, Im nowhere nearly the "smart-ass beast" that a lot of people on here. I dont purposely talk shit; I simply state my opinion, and i can usually back it up with logic. This can upset people.
    The overwhelming perception is that most german car drivers are not enthusiasts, and the cars are not exciting. Most of the drivers are VW beetle drivers who like the gas mileage, BMW 323 drivers who like the "BMW image," the MB ml320' drivers who just have to have an SUV and A4 drivers who just love to show how fast their 180 HP german sports machines are.
    Dont get me wrong... There are some really nice german cars, and in a lot of areas, I think german cars are exceptional. The MB SLR is my favorite car. The MB e55 and m5's are my favorite sedans. I also very much like the audi rs4. The 911 gt3 is one of my favorite sports cars.
    And there are a lot of german car enthusiasts.
    But, I would say there are probably not any higher percentage of US german car owners who are "enthusiasts" than any other country of vehicle origin.
    Also, to be honest, I could care less if you have a friend that happens to have a fast audi. Hugo on here has one too. There are exeptions to every rule. I would venture to guess that its nowhere nearly as fast as the fastest supra, camaro, mustang etc etc running around here. Its the same silly arguement that people with stock civics use when they encounter something fast...the old "sport compact" excuse... "Oh yeah...well there is this guy I read about in California that has a civic that ran an 8 sec 1/4 mile..." It still doesnt say anything about him or their car.
    Chris,
    No offense implied, but how can you state your opinion "fuck Audis" and then say you can "back it up with LOGIC"? Explain your logical point of view on that one (You of all people!!!)
    For that to be logical would mean that EVERYONE would have to know ALL CARS inside and out before they can make a logical choice.
    You would probably be driving a Toyota Corolla.

One man's LOGIC is another's LACK thereof.

No, we don't need to get into the "will a $250 intake that gives me 4 hp be a logical upgrade on a $1200 car?" Or, "should I buy a Tiburon and spend $60,000 on engine and suspension upgrades to make it outperform a Z06?

Your opinions scream of anything BUT "generally unconcerned".

My dating age-group preferences? Sorry, but I reserve the right within the legal limits.

And Mercedes SLR's are overpriced, "ambiguously gay duo" looking cars. (That's my illogical opinion ).
    But if you promise to be a good boy, you may get to ride/drive one soon. A brother of a friend of mine has one, and he may take it out one of these nights. Make sure you wear fresh panties.

IA.COM Founder.

overpriced VW's

hate is a great thing sometimes.

Chris,
    No offense implied, but how can you state your opinion "fuck Audis" and then say you can "back it up with LOGIC"? Explain your logical point of view on that one (You of all people!!!)
    For that to be logical would mean that EVERYONE would have to know ALL CARS inside and out before they can make a logical choice.
    My original statement was made just to bring spice to the conversation, which it seemed to accomplish. That wasnt an opinion... That was a just an expletive.
    Say what you want, but the SLR is an amazing machine in pretty much all performance respects. I personally think its wicked looking too, esp in black.

all in all i still won and he lost thats all that counts lol

Audi's are overpriced pieces of shits.

My original statement was made just to bring spice to the conversation, which it seemed to accomplish. That wasnt an opinion... That was a just an expletive.
    Say what you want, but the SLR is an amazing machine in pretty much all performance respects. I personally think its wicked looking too, esp in black.
    Yeah, yeah.....

Anyway, that SLR is silver with black interior.

I'm curious to drive it as well, but I'm told that using manual launch mode more than 3 times will void the factory warranty, AND in that mode the rev-limiter is temporarily disabled

We already blew the head gaskets on a Lotus Esprit V8TT a few years ago when we turned up the boost, although the factory warranty covered it we do NOT want to have problems with this one..........

Apparently, it's slightly below the Ford GT in almost everything except price (which is a shame for Mercedes' best effort @ $470,000).

Quote Originally Posted by GIXXERDK
    Yes, and I love them.

Pieces of shits? Separate pieces, (and even worse) not even from the same shit, huh? Wow

how so in your opinion may i ask? and i advise you bring some serious knowledge on this subject..

im fully loaded with knowledge to fire on your ass

Apparently, it's slightly below the Ford GT in almost everything except price (which is a shame for Mercedes' best effort @ $470,000).
    This is pretty funny actually. Now, Mr German Car is trying to dump on Mercedes in favor of a Ford? Yeah, that SLR is really a piece of shit...Engineered and assebled by McLaren , with a 600+ HP, hand-built AMG engine and a carbon-fiber chassis and body...Whew...Sounds like junk to me.
    Go ahead and buy a Ford GT... Then every time you go out into the garage, you can feel reassured by the fact that you just paid $170k for a FORD.
    HMMM... AMG/McLaren...Ford. AMG/Mclaren....Ford.
    You might was well buy a corvette z06 and save $100k more... Its as good of a performance car as the GT.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Chuckster's Avatar

please explain how these cars are overpriced?

i wont say there oerpriced i think there very nice rides myself besides its the driver who made this happen not the car peeps

you are a retard!

This is pretty funny actually. Now, Mr German Car is trying to dump on Mercedes in favor of a Ford? Yeah, that SLR is really a piece of shit...Engineered and assebled by McLaren , with a 600+ HP, hand-built AMG engine and a carbon-fiber chassis and body...Whew...Sounds like junk to me.
    Go ahead and buy a Ford GT... Then every time you go out into the garage, you can feel reassured by the fact that you just paid $170k for a FORD.
    HMMM... AMG/McLaren...Ford. AMG/Mclaren....Ford.
    You might was well buy a corvette z06 and save $100k more... Its as good of a performance car as the GT.
    Yes, well, when certain cars are way out my price range..............

I never said the SLR was a piece of shit, but there are too many cars that outperform it in it's category, some of which are from Detroit. No denial on my part. Yes, I'm partial to some German cars, but not all of them.

McLaren? The only REAL McLaren was the F1.
    The reason I brought up the Ford GT (and you mentioned the Z06, another great car) was that the SLR is simply sub-par in terms of performance in this category of supercars.

The Ford GT IS a supercar. Yes, it's a Ford, but still.

If I had the $ for a SLR, I would MUCH rather buy a Carrera GT. It's FAR superior in every way.

Or 1 Ford GT and 1 Z06 and 1 997 GT3 and 1 RS4 AND still have a little $ left over to modify all 4 cars.

Even though I can't afford them, I already know what I would buy if/when I can afford them.

IA.COM Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by DeutscheBAG!
    how so in your opinion may i ask? and i advise you bring some serious knowledge on this subject..

im fully loaded with knowledge to fire on your ass

I highly doubt he will say anything else or anything that will make sense

Quote Originally Posted by Julio
    I highly doubt he will say anything else or anything that will make sense
    Come on, sense can be made of anything.
    It all depends on which variables you're leaning towards........

my thoughts exactly..
    the Z06 out performs the Ford in every aspect..and is 100k less

Yes, well, when certain cars are way out my price range..............
    I never said the SLR was a piece of shit, but there are too many cars that outperform it in it's category, some of which are from Detroit. No denial on my part. Yes, I'm partial to some German cars, but not all of them.
    McLaren? The only REAL McLaren was the F1.
    The reason I brought up the Ford GT (and you mentioned the Z06, another great car) was that the SLR is simply sub-par in terms of performance in this category of supercars.
    The Ford GT IS a supercar. Yes, it's a Ford, but still.
    If I had the $ for a SLR, I would MUCH rather buy a Carrera GT. It's FAR superior in every way.
    Or 1 Ford GT and 1 Z06 and 1 997 GT3 and 1 RS4 AND still have a little $ left over to modify all 4 cars.
    Even though I can't afford them, I already know what I would buy if/when I can afford them.
    OK, so this obviously isnt going anywhere. You like the Carrera GT and the Ford GT better than the SLR. I like the SLR better. The arguements of "not a real "McLaren" is silly. Gordon Murray lead the design team for both, most likely with the same basic team.
    Im not sure why you think the Porsche is so much superior to the SLR in performance. Why dont you watch this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r4rO0KKXgc
    Ill go ahead and sumamrize it for you... On Top Gear, the SLR outran the Carrera GT in a 0-180 mph race. The SLR also beat the Carrera GT on the racetrack. Pretty neat huh? Yes, they were ultimately able to get the carrera GT to outrun the SLR on the track, but they said it took Stig a long time to master it.
    Bottom line is that both of them are fast. Most likely, either one of us would go faster in the SLR.
    The supercharged v8 torque and fast automatic makes an awesome overall powertrain. I can just imagine how smoothly that car accelerates.
    The reality is that, if you can afford either one, most likely you can afford both of them, and more.

OK, so this obviously isnt going anywhere. You like the Carrera GT and the Ford GT better than the SLR. I like the SLR better. The arguements of "not a real "McLaren" is silly. Gordon Murray lead the design team for both, most likely with the same basic team.
    Im not sure why you think the Porsche is so much superior to the SLR in performance. Why dont you watch this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r4rO0KKXgc
    Ill go ahead and sumamrize it for you... On Top Gear, the SLR outran the Carrera GT in a 0-180 mph race. The SLR also beat the Carrera GT on the racetrack. Pretty neat huh? Yes, they were ultimately able to get the carrera GT to outrun the SLR on the track, but they said it took Stig a long time to master it.
    Bottom line is that both of them are fast. Most likely, either one of us would go faster in the SLR.
    The supercharged v8 torque and fast automatic makes an awesome overall powertrain. I can just imagine how smoothly that car accelerates.
    The reality is that, if you can afford either one, most likely you can afford both of them, and more.
    Gordon Murray made a masterpiece called the F1, but didn't even come close with the SLR.

SLR was quicker from 0-180 and faster on a track???

Maybe the driver of the CGT had a broken left foot???

Were both cars driven by 65 y/o women?

What's more effective in a fight; An empty gun or a knife???

That's the ONLY time this would happen; when someone is not used to the CGT.
    Reminds of Porsche 944/968 owners bragging that 911s cannot handle as well as the more neutral 944s and 968s. Sure, in the hands of an amateur, it's a no-brainer.

I have never seen a SLR clock less than 11.8 and trap over 126mph (slower than the fastest stock C6 Z06) and I have never seen a Carrera GT clock more than 11.4 and trap less than 131mph.
    As far as lap times, there is absolutely no comparison.
    The biased results shown on Top Gear are ridiculous (reminds me of the poorly driven Boxster S and E46 M3 that were beaten by a 350Z on some track in Japan :jerkit:
    This was another heavily biased test.
    Not to mention the crackheads at Top Gear called the Z06 a "piece of crap".
    Yeah, a piece of crap that kills just about everything within $200,000 of it's price range.

The Top Gear guys should join Mythbusters (yet another herd of bullshit artists).

Gordon Murray made a masterpiece called the F1, but didn't even come close with the SLR.

SLR was quicker from 0-180 and faster on a track???

Maybe the driver of the CGT had a broken left foot???

Were both cars driven by 65 y/o women?

What's more effective in a fight; An empty gun or a knife???

That's the ONLY time this would happen; when someone is not used to the CGT.
    Reminds of Porsche 944/968 owners bragging that 911s cannot handle as well as the more neutral 944s and 968s. Sure, in the hands of an amateur, it's a no-brainer.

I have never seen a SLR clock less than 11.8 and trap over 126mph (slower than the fastest stock C6 Z06) and I have never seen a Carrera GT clock more than 11.4 and trap less than 131mph.
    As far as lap times, there is absolutely no comparison.
    The biased results shown on Top Gear are ridiculous (reminds me of the poorly driven Boxster S and E46 M3 that were beaten by a 350Z on some track in Japan :jerkit:
    This was another heavily biased test.
    Not to mention the crackheads at Top Gear called the Z06 a "piece of crap".
    Yeah, a piece of crap that kills just about everything within $200,000 of it's price range.

The Top Gear guys should join Mythbusters (yet another herd of bullshit artists).
    Wow please shut up... i am sure there throwing the race and being biased... both are bad ass cars leave it alone! chris put you in your place so just stay there! untill you finish your audi then he will put you there again.

Wow please shut up... i am sure there throwing the race and being biased... both are bad ass cars leave it alone! chris put you in your place so just stay there! untill you finish your audi then he will put you there again.
    OOOOOOOhh...........you got me there!!!!

Chris did not "put me in my place".
    His straw man argument was quite weak

untill you finish your audi then he will put you there again.

And he'll do that with his STi, right???

You're a funny guy.

BTW, who would you rather do; Boris or Chris?
    You seem to be swinging from both of their doogans.

this asshole was cocky and got his just deserve
    There is just something about that statement that I find extremely ironic and hilarious...

Maybe it is Tank calling someone cocky...

Yes, yes. That must be it.

Man, you cant argue with one-track people. Some people get hung-up on certain types of cars, and they put the blinders onto everything they dont like as much. He has a 944, so therefore the Porsche must be better. Oh yeah...and because he likes it.

And he'll do that with his STi, right???

You're a funny guy.
    BTW, who would you rather do; Boris or Chris?
    You seem to be swinging from both of their doogans.
    This will be my last post on this topic. I should have stopped a while back, but you insist on taking parting shots. Its amazingly ironic that you can say I have a weak arguement. I give you examples, and you give me "the tests were biased." I see you have a lot of facts there. Top Gear loves German cars, and one of the hosts is an absolute Porsche freak. If you watch their individual test of the Carrera GT, they spent hours trying to perfect its lap times to be able to beat the SLR's time, because they were shooting for a record lap. They finally were able to beat it...by less than a second I believe. I dont think they would have gone through that effort if they were biased against the CGT :jerkit:
    Oh, and The F1 was the last real Mclaren? Yeah, lots of facts there too.
    Yes, I agree that a Carrera GT is usually faster in tests in the 1/4 mile than an SLR. I didnt make any statements to the contrary. 0-180 is a lot more of an overall acceleration feat than 1/4 mile, for cars such as these. Regardless, there is a lot more to performance than 1/4 mile...you of all people should know that. And there is a lot more to a supercar than just raw performance numbers. Its still a fact that in braking, handling and acceleration, both are very equally matched. It comes down to preference, but you just cant seem to grasp that.
    And I still think that an average driver would be faster in the SLR...and since you arent a professional driver that I know of, this probably applies to you too.
    Anyway, have fun getting the last word in...Im sure youll have something remarkably factual to retort.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfBaked
    There is just something about that statement that I find extremely ironic and hilarious...

reps 4 u
    2006 Evo IX - Bolt ons

Quote Originally Posted by HalfBaked

Oh my what could you ever mean by that

i aint cocky im just confident

banned from heaven..

I don't care what all of yall have to say. German cars are super sexy and are very well built. As for the Audi A4, that car is a waste of time and road, why would they put a 1.8/2.0 t on it if it weighs(??) over 3400 pounds.

So tank that really wasn't a good run cause I have eaten 99-01 A4, 04+ A4's, 1.8t, 2.0t, and a 3.0 Quattro. But I haven't raced an S4 yet. Would love to run one of those (00-01 Model 2.8L V6 Bi turbo). Since the new ones have a bigger motor and still has twin turbos, I am sure I would lose to one of those, but it will still be fun.

As for all this euro vs import shit, yall guys are gay. I have played chase with a Ferrari(??) 430 spider (don't really remember the name) and a Lamborghini Diablo. And guess what they're not super fast but still sound sick ass fuck. All exotic cars are really cool and look mad sexy. I personally like Porsches. LoL
    sponsored by: workhard motorsports. // tuned by

Oh my what could you ever mean by that

i aint cocky im just confident
    Confident in what? Your driving ability? Because as we can all see you should be...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast