Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "HEY! How much boost you runnin?" -lightning owner

Default "HEY! How much boost you runnin?" -lightning owner

adhd version: i beat a lightning so bad he thought i was boosted

full:

so i'm on my way home from work tonight when i roll up on a late model ford truck... as i roll past, i see those funky wheels, side exhaust, and a lightning badge... i slow... he's mhob... i instigate... at first he doesn't bite... that didn't last long. so i drop it in 3rd and blip the gas (lunging) to see if he'll take the bait. keep in mind, I'd never raced one of these supercharged trucks, so i was curious how I'd fare against one... i lunge again, this time for an extra second and back out of it... when i lift, i hear his blower start SCREAMING! so i get back in it and proceed to put about 5-6 cars on him from 70-115ish. he comes up next to me, rolls his window down, and asks how much boost I'm running... i tell him, none... all motor... i didn't have the heart to tell him I'm still on the factory cam lol... so anyway, we slow down to about 60ish and i let him get the jump. as soon as i heart the wwAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH of the blower, i was as deep in the gas as i could possibly be (again in 3rd gear). this time it wasn't but about a 4 car length pull, as he did better when he got the jump. however i still got him... easily...

he was cool tho. pulled back up next to me and gave me a big grin and a thumbs up. i showed the same courtesy as i take my exit.

I'm unsure if he was close to stock or not.... i know you can hear the factory blowers, but this thing was LOUD! maybe an upgraded pulley? ported blower? also his exhaust note wasn't as tame as a stock lightning, so I'm gonna say he was slightly modded (assumption). so all in all, i think it was an informative run, and fun at that!

ford owner, if FOR SOME REASON you come across this... nice runs! and good lookin truck! it was a metallic blue color with the factory chromies on it.

283.5°.516"(13.11mm) DirtyMechanic's Avatar

dork... that is all...
    The G Spot Hero

"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STDS, you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences."

Didn't care yesterday, don't care today, and won't care tomorrow.

A properly built, bolt on and pullied lightning would tighten your goat up. Sadly.. your car is slower than the average goat.

I ran neck and neck with a ported blower pullied lightning from a dig.... but I am like John Force behind the wheel.

Stop racing from a roll. It's gay.

That truck is VERY slow from a roll, its a moving brick...... but as I said before... from a dig that truck would eat that sloat of yours alive.

thacker. shut the **** up. Stop being such a ****** all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by willum14pb
    How about you stop being a ***** and come race my car.

Proud to be Retrosexual Jaimecbr900's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThackerSS

I ran neck and neck with a ported blower pullied lightning from a dig.... but I am like John Force behind the wheel.
    Wow.....just wow....:jerkit:

John Force is not scared nor puts up excuses to race at a real track.

It's gay.
    Yes, your comments really are. Admitting it is half the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by collins

full:

so i'm on my way home from work tonight when i roll up on a late model ford truck... as i roll past, i see those funky wheels, side exhaust, and a lightning badge... i slow... he's mhob... i instigate... at first he doesn't bite... that didn't last long. so i drop it in 3rd and blip the gas (lunging) to see if he'll take the bait. keep in mind, I'd never raced one of these supercharged trucks, so i was curious how I'd fare against one... i lunge again, this time for an extra second and back out of it... when i lift, i hear his blower start SCREAMING! so i get back in it and proceed to put about 5-6 cars on him from 70-115ish. he comes up next to me, rolls his window down, and asks how much boost I'm running... i tell him, none... all motor... i didn't have the heart to tell him I'm still on the factory cam lol... so anyway, we slow down to about 60ish and i let him get the jump. as soon as i heart the wwAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH of the blower, i was as deep in the gas as i could possibly be (again in 3rd gear). this time it wasn't but about a 4 car length pull, as he did better when he got the jump. however i still got him... easily...

he was cool tho. pulled back up next to me and gave me a big grin and a thumbs up. i showed the same courtesy as i take my exit.

I'm unsure if he was close to stock or not.... i know you can hear the factory blowers, but this thing was LOUD! maybe an upgraded pulley? ported blower? also his exhaust note wasn't as tame as a stock lightning, so I'm gonna say he was slightly modded (assumption). so all in all, i think it was an informative run, and fun at that!

ford owner, if FOR SOME REASON you come across this... nice runs! and good lookin truck! it was a metallic blue color with the factory chromies on it.

How long did it take you to love the "wwAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH" of his blower.

God as bad of a joke as that was, it sounds extremely preverted.

Good Kill though
    I'm just that guy that spends all his time printing.... T-shirts, banners, vinyl, etc.

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary.... that's what gets you"

You have my terms. It's funny how you're not such a ****** in person. You won't talk all this **** IRL, and if you do, someone hits you and you call the cops.

i want a lightening sooo bad. i will have one, i have thought about trading my car for one sometimes....

You have my terms. It's funny how you're not such a ****** in person. You won't talk all this **** IRL, and if you do, someone hits you and you call the cops.
    Your terms are ridiculous. Mostly due in part because you would lose.

I told you, $500-1k. EITHER of my cars.

Proud to be Retrosexual Jaimecbr900's Avatar

Your terms are ridiculous. Mostly due in part because you would lose.

Hello Pot, meet Kettle.......

+1
    00 GSR 13.33@114 (355/304), 92 LX 5.0(twin somethings), 02 MTI(TX) ZO7 427 (540/518)sold, bmw 318w/2jz(driftn), 93 Supra TT Hardtop, 04 ford excursion, 55 chevy cruiser

MabletonSpeedShop member

MCE Mafia supporting member
    honored to be MCE Dec'08 rotm
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RNQN9i4Be-kvette mtn run
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjgbxbGyN5A poopra 1st 9sec 1/4

Didn't care yesterday, don't care today, and won't care tomorrow.
    A properly built, bolt on and pullied lightning would tighten your goat up. Sadly.. your car is slower than the average goat.

I ran neck and neck with a ported blower pullied lightni/ng from a dig.... but I am like John Force behind the wheel.

Stop racing from a roll. It's gay.

That truck is VERY slow from a roll, its a moving brick...... but as I said before... from a dig that truck would eat that sloat of yours alive.
    first off, both of you need to shut the hell up and stop being a d1ck all the god damn time!

second, thacker, nobody believe's you're goat is as stock as you say it is. also, you outdrove me on your 26 inch slicks... whooptie do!!!!!! my car is right on par for its power. do i need more practice from a dig? absolutely! i have no problem admitting that.

as far as roll racing goes... if i met up with the dude and organized it, yea sure.. b1tch about it. but i ran into him on the hwy... and you want me to try to convince him to come to a dead stop ON MOTHER F*CKING 285!?!?!?! you're such a f*cking retard.

oh and willum...this is just too funny after your first comment... allow me to introduce the pot to the kettle for the SECOND time in this thread... (jamie beat me to it the first time )

A properly built, bolt on and pullied lightning would tighten your goat up.
    Congratulations. That sentence is completely useless.

Why not say: "If that truck had a rocket engine on it, it would have won."

...Jackass.

-Ant.
    The Carbon Fibered R6

^^

i just dont get all the hate.... whatev. dont really care.

Quote Originally Posted by vbilliten
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to AnthonyF again.
    damn... i had a good one for ya too!

^^

lolol no prob. No hate here. I beat a lightning, he used to be on IA, BoostedSVT or something. He had a pulley i believe.

-Ant.
    The Carbon Fibered R6

yeah i remember the name... never met the guy...

awesome come back.... respost.... do you have anything else to say besides come race my cars... lol lame
    The G Spot Hero

"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STDS, you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences."

^^

and i get the lame ****... wtf...

oh yeah ANT my rep pics you gave me have moved on to a better place i need some more when you can....
    The G Spot Hero

well, you never give me anything good... lol i was just gonna return the favor....

Don like 2 prof reed

Nice kill Collins. Would've been a better race for the Z
    Alpha-N /// Youtube - NASA - PCA - BMW CCA - Chin

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Mech.
    and i get the lame ****... wtf...

oh yeah ANT my rep pics you gave me have moved on to a better place i need some more when you can....
    lolol did u save them? which ones? I'll send you 2 boys some more. :boobies:

-Ant.
    The Carbon Fibered R6

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyF

-Ant.
    *cough cough*
    BMW 750iL

well, you never give me anything good... lol i was just gonna return the favor....
    dick... because i dont know how...
    The G Spot Hero

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyF

-Ant.
    idk but they were nice...and so are these woot woot.. i dont save things like that on this laptop...
    The G Spot Hero

just use img code like [img]address of pic here[/img]

really... thats it... i thought i tried that.... well.. say something funny that i can rep you for or something... wait nvm your not funny... ohhhh... lol jk
    The G Spot Hero

full:

good kill
    ive seen a couple modded lightnings run and they werent kick overs
    nice run and congrats

AKA HIZDAWAY

i think its tom from all stars who has a very hawt lightning, its white with ghost flames. maybe collins knows what all is done to it, im pretty sure his ran 12s

collins...check ur pms hooker

good kill collins. by buddy has a lightning and at one point he was running mid 12s but he de-modded it and I'm not sure what he runs now, but since I have started modding the cobra, he is getting back into it now.

I know of another lightening that would destroy damn near every car on this site on the highway....if he can get traction lol

justine, yeah thats tom. his is SIIIIIICK and i would have no chance against it lol gorgeous truck too!