Results 1 to 40 of 141

Thread: 6 Speed is great!!!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    slower than you Incontt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mableton, Ga
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,067
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    i dont think they pulled boost out...i think no stall and a 6 speed with pretty big turbos are spooling much slower now....making a lot less power down low and allowing him to hook. I did not beleive he has the exact same power curve and is hooking that down low on Nittos. I believe he has the same peak numbers but not nearly as much down low and that could be hooked on nittos from a roll. They didnt do a retune for the 6 speed and i guarantee you the a/f is way fat down low now and killing some power and spool down low. Really think about what i just said.....it makes sense. Chris doesnt do his own tuning and he has no reason to lie...I believe him....just took a few moments to rationalize how its possible

    oh its a camaro ss...not a vette and yes he would be called out on it on other boards if he posted it.


    slower than you

  2. #2
    Senior Member | IA Veteran 1civic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Douglasville
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,449
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Incontt
    i dont think they pulled boost out...i think no stall and a 6 speed with pretty big turbos are spooling much slower now....making a lot less power down low and allowing him to hook. I did not beleive he has the exact same power curve and is hooking that down low on Nittos. I believe he has the same peak numbers but not nearly as much down low and that could be hooked on nittos from a roll. They didnt do a retune for the 6 speed and i guarantee you the a/f is way fat down low now and killing some power and spool down low. Really think about what i just said.....it makes sense. Chris doesnt do his own tuning and he has no reason to lie...I believe him....just took a few moments to rationalize how its possible

    oh its a camaro ss...not a vette and yes he would be called out on it on other boards if he posted it.


    I understand your point completely.... ... With the car not being tune makes this story even better... So He had the 6spd installed, the car is Pig Rich down low, Not building any Boost !!... Did they even Check the A/F ? That car could be 9:1 and them not even know !!... Yes I know the A/F will pick up once the car Builds Boost... .. Well that would explain not spinning the Tires, Hell it don't have any power... ... But I still don't see that car out running a 1000, Not from a Dig or even a slow 15mph roll.. At 15mph is more in the Bikes favor... :boobies: ...

  3. #3
    Certified Gearhead Hunter02SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    53
    Posts
    631
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    You are correct Jerry. The car has not been retuned and is pig fat.( 1 CIVIC)You can ask ZU later and 198 plus. Last night I ran both of them and the car did not spin.After it is retuned it might possibly ,but as of now it dosn't! i realize that my car will pick up about 15% going to a 6 speed,but if I posted i would gain another 100rwhp you would of called bs on that also,so i was being conservative. If you would like to come out and run me ,You can see for your self!!!!No boost has been pulled out.When I was at the track I had the automatic with a stall converter. There is such a thing called (TORQUE MULTIPLICATION) in a stall.There is none in a 6 speed.That is how I was able to spin in second with the auto and Jerry probably explained it the best in his previous post.Believe me if I can find the guy this weekend I will see if he want's to run again and I will get it on video for Ya!! I have nothing to prove to you (1 Civic) as I was racing when you were in diaper's!!

  4. #4
    Senior Member | IA Veteran 1civic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Douglasville
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,449
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter02SS
    You are correct Jerry. The car has not been retuned and is pig fat.( 1 CIVIC)You can ask ZU later and 198 plus. Last night I ran both of them and the car did not spin.After it is retuned it might possibly ,but as of now it dosn't! i realize that my car will pick up about 15% going to a 6 speed,but if I posted i would gain another 100rwhp you would of called bs on that also,so i was being conservative. If you would like to come out and run me ,You can see for your self!!!!No boost has been pulled out.When I was at the track I had the automatic with a stall converter. There is such a thing called (TORQUE MULTIPLICATION) in a stall.There is none in a 6 speed.That is how I was able to spin in second with the auto and Jerry probably explained it the best in his previous post.Believe me if I can find the guy this weekend I will see if he want's to run again and I will get it on video for Ya!! I have nothing to prove to you (1 Civic) as I was racing when you were in diaper's!!

    I Got you... How old do you think I am ?...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!