Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S3 opinions

Default Samsung Galaxy S3 opinions

I am looking to upgrade to either the S3 or the new iPhone when it hits Verizon but I am leaning towards the S3. Anyone here have one and if so, pros and cons? If you comment, please provide sufficient personal knowledge. Not just some comment "because you read it online...."
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

Funny,
    I have a Galaxy S2 and I've always been pretty big on android and I'm starting to slightly (very slightly) lean towards the new iphone being my first apple device. Not sure yet, though

From what I have read, there isn't much difference between the S2 and the S3. The S2 has a screen with 3 sub-pixels for every pixel where the S3 only has two sub-pixels. Little details sets the two apart but probably not enough to warrant switching from your S2. I currently have a Thunderbolt and love 4G so that's what I want to stick with.

I bought my wife a 4S and she loves it.
    Bitches love bacon.

They're gonna make an announcement on the iPhone 5 this week.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Good. Still a month away from getting a new phone so hearing more about the new iPhone will help with my decision.
    Bitches love bacon.

The only thing better spec wise on an iPhone 5 is the battery life, but that's kind of expected considering the S3 has a 4.8in HD display, 1.4GHz quad-core processor, and double the RAM of an iPhone.

this is nice.

Comparing Apple iPhone 5 64GB vs. Samsung Galaxy S3 - Twelve Reasons for the Apple iPhone 5 64GB - VERSUS IO

I work with phones for a living... my gf also has the s3 and I can give you a few specs.
    Both phones have a faster processor than the "new Ipad" (3)...
    The S3 has a better porocessor than both.
    The S3 has it's own version of Siri butit is not as good.
    S3 has face/voice unlock!
    S3- put it in ur night stand... alarm automatically sets
    S3- walk in your office... Automatically goes in silent.
    Take pictures while recording a video all at the same time.
    S3 is one of the only androids with screen shot.
    S3 looks at youe eyes through the camera.... As long as you're looking at it it will NEVER go to sleep. So no more touch the screen to keep it awake.
    I f you are texting someone and feel like calling them just pull the phone to your ear and it automatically calls them...

All I know for a fact is that the Iphone 5 has a 4 inch screen
    Iphone 5- is no longer full glass, but more of a metal back.
    Iphone 5 is moving the aux port to the bottom just like the Ipod Touch.

This is all I know... I'm sure I'm forgetting some things... Honestly I believe this is where Apple falls behind and Android takes over.... I have the jelly bean software (which will come out next... I also believe it will come as an upgrade for the s3) on my phone (rooted) and it is pretty awesome.

Another thing about android is that an android can be personalized more than the Iphone... IMO the software looks better.
    If you look at Iphone 1-4s The software is all the same boring and unpersonalized.
    Android has a broader free market than Apple...

IMO apple is now screwed lol.
    the S3 sold more the first week than all the Iphones 1-4s combined the first week worldwide.

Another phone to look at is a Windows Phones! I went to a class for Windows phones and it is ALOT smoother and faster than both the 4s and any android. Most of the apps that everyone uses are now built into the phone which makes it run alot faster. Windows phones also have the best screens/ cameras! Use a Lumia and you will see what I'm saying lol.

Blackberry might aswell quit lol.

Android phones are the only thing I have had for the last two years so I am familiar with how they work. I think I will wait to hear what the iPhone brings.
    Bitches love bacon.

All the info on the iPhone on that page is theoretical since none of the details have been released yet. Never be too concerned about specs; androids usually have a lot of extra stuff going on and need the extra horsepower to provide a fluid user experience.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I know, Geoff. I didn't read too much into that link. I know of certain details but mostly cosmetic.
    Bitches love bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson9995 View Post
    S3 is one of the only androids with screen shot.
    Any android device with Ice cream sandwich takes screenshots when you hold volume down and power at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson9995 View Post
    Another phone to look at is a Windows Phones! I went to a class for Windows phones and it is ALOT smoother and faster than both the 4s and any android. Most of the apps that everyone uses are now built into the phone which makes it run alot faster. Windows phones also have the best screens/ cameras! Use a Lumia and you will see what I'm saying lol.
    I've been seeing. I'm going to do more reading and play with one and see if it fits my needs for my next phone.

I'm just not satisfied with the delay between new android core releases and when the manufacturers (namely samsung) release them. It's ridiculous that the S2 is just now getting ICS officially when homebrew xda coders were able to get it fairly stable on their own like 8 months before the "official" one.

If only google made badass phones.

I am on Verizon. To my knowledge, they haven't had a Windows phone in years.
    Bitches love bacon.

Iphone 5 is being unveiled September 12th, and rumor is that it will be available September21-22-23-24 time frame according to internal ATT memos. Rest of the carriers should follow suit.

Personally, i do not like the S3. I have the Galaxy Nexus

Its a true GOOGLE supported phone, not like the Galaxy. Meaning all your software updates come directly from google , they dont have to go through Samsungs "skin" people to integrate. This usualy translates into the phone having fewer bugs and faster patches when they get released.

Its cheap, it has removable battery , but not expandable storage (comes with 32 gigs though).

Id wait on the Iphone 5 and see what it has to offer, if thats not for you, id wait for the next big Android phone to come out, or get the Nexus for cheap.

All these fanbois quote specs and processor speed which to me is shit that doesnt matter. Who gives a shit that a phone is QUAD CORE when it only operates on dual core 90% of the time anyway?
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I have a GS2 base model. I'm sure your aware of the GS2 sky rocket and now the S3. Really for me it's all about the speed of the device and how fluid it is during usage. I've used a LTE phone and it's quite a difference when your on the road off of wifi. When i first read about the GS2 last year and wasn't coming to the US for months i knew from the get go it was phone to get. I wasn't trying to jump on the bandwagon and all of the reviews confirmed what i saw.
    2011 the GS2 was voted phone of the year and had rave reviews for what it accomplished vs other android phones. Pretty ground breaking vs what i saw other people had and played. The GS3 is a great phone. Some of things i notice off the bat - picture taking has no lag, quicker processor, more ram, bigger screen and support for LTE. These are the things that will make the user experience more fluid.
    I have played with an Iphone and i can see why people love it - user friendly, easy to use, and lots of support for it. Rock solid performance. It never really needs rebooting. My android avg about once a week of rebooting.

Go GS3 for sure, you'll love the bigger screen 4.8" and no delay picture taking and simultaneous vid / picture taking. The extra ram should help keep it speedy as well.

Honda - supplying products of the highest quality at a reasonable cost. Member of the high mileage club.

BODHI - "whats the lowest you will take" then dont even bother posting in this thread! i dont have the time wasting on fuckin dumbfucks who dont know how shit works -- which is me, selling a phone and expecting someone to buy it. At least have some balls to tell me that youre too cheap to buy or say - fuck shoot me a pm if youre too embarrassed

Expandable storage isn't a big thing for me really. I currently use a 32gig card in my thunderbolt and its plenty. Most of the apps I use are medical related and are big but still haven't come close to using up all of my memory.

Versatility is a big thing and either phone will really do what I want and need. I do like the fact that the iPhone is very user friendly and everything it offers is plenty.

Basically, for me it boils down to preference but at the same time I want something that will last for quite some time.

Sent from my Thunderbolt 4G
    Bitches love bacon.

I prefer my S2 Skyrocket over the S3.

2013 Corsa Blue Optima SX 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted FC View Post
    I prefer my S2 Skyrocket over the S3.
    Got a reason?
    Bitches love bacon.

Looking at the specs, the S3 really doesn't offer much over the Skyrocket IMHO. And the US does not get the quad core version of the S3 (unlike what someone said earlier).

2013 Corsa Blue Optima SX 2.0T

I wanna take the new iPhone for a test drive, but I'm sure I can't even think about it any time near launch as apple fanbois will be in the tents waiting outside.

I'm one of those crazy people that wakes up early to pre-order one.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomGuy View Post
    I wanna take the new iPhone for a test drive, but I'm sure I can't even think about it any time near launch as apple fanbois will be in the tents waiting outside.
    You can preorder one and they sometimes get it to your house the day before release.
    Last edited by isa2o3; 09-13-2012 at 04:37 PM.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    You can preorder one and they sometimes get it to your house the day before release.
    I believe you can preorder them as of yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by isa2o3 View Post
    I believe you can preorder them as of yesterday
    Tomorrow morning.

I sat and thought about it last night and chances are I will be snagging the iPhone. After looking back at all of the android phones I have had compared to everyone I have talked to who owns an iPhone, there have been no issues with the iPhone that can't be readily corrected.

Sent from my Thunderbolt 4G
    Bitches love bacon.

I decided to preorder the iphone 5. Every android phone I have had has had many issues. The updates take forever and never seem to make the phone run flawlessly like the iphone. And for some reason every android phone I have had lasted me like half a day before needing to be charged again, it was ridiculous. I switched to iphone a year ago and it was the best decision I have made phone wise. Having the worlds fastest android phone w/ a battery that lasts 4 hours and an operating system that you have to force close apps all the time is not having the "best phone."

Emergency Medical Tech

Is samsung have any antenna issue like the iphone 4 has? It sucks cause im in duluth and only have 1 bar with at&t!

You don't know how STRONG you are until being strong is the only
    CHOICE you have!

'Born Ready!',LJ

Quote Originally Posted by ruah_23 View Post
    Is samsung have any antenna issue like the iphone 4 has? It sucks cause im in duluth and only have 1 bar with at&t!
    iPhone 4 doesn't have any real antenna issues. They've proven through tests that "antennagate" wasn't an issue.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I was going to pre-order the iPhone 5 yesterday but it won't be delivered until next month and I am not sure my current phone will make it until then. Guess I will snag an S3 for now and wait for another one of my lines to become eligible to snag the iPhone.
    Bitches love bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    I was going to pre-order the iPhone 5 yesterday but it won't be delivered until next month and I am not sure my current phone will make it until then. Guess I will snag an S3 for now and wait for another one of my lines to become eligible to snag the iPhone.
    Walk in the store and buy one on the 21st

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I sold my s2 two weeks ago for the s3 and this is the best phone I have ever had. I'm a tech head and have owned only android phones from even the g1. Out of the box it is fast and don't be fooled by the dual core processor. The s4 chip has been tested to be the same and even out perform the International quad core and we have the better phone bc of the 2 gb ram. S3 is the best phone out period followed by the HTC one X. Jelly bean next month = gameover. Especially with the roms that will be produced

1993 Honda Civic - stolen
    2001 Honda Accord - sold
    1995 Acura Integra - sold
    2003 Audi A4 - current

Certified Gearhead

I pre ordered the iphone5. I have the 4, which was my first iphone and I have loved it. There isn't a whole lot about the s3 that impresses me. The iphone5 isn't that impressive over the 4, but I know the iphone, and I haven't had a problem with it, not to mention their customer service is beyond any other phone company. I have several friends who have cracked their iphones and walked into an apple store asking what can they do, they don't have money. And Bam, free new iphone for all of them. Lol.

I also have a friend working for ATT software development. He has been testing the iphone5 for a couple weeks now on some new software they have, along with 15 other ATT phones. He says the iphone5 is by far the best phone he has, and although the s3 is impressive, he finds the 5 much faster, and overall easier to use.
    THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ANYTHING MADE THAT DID NOT HAVE A PURPOSE

Performance: QR25DE-T

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Walk in the store and buy one on the 21st
    More like camp out the night before and try to get one. Every year, there always seems to be a line outside the local Best Buys and AT&T stores. I make it easy on myself and place the order the hour the pre-ordering goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by MeFryRice View Post
    More like camp out the night before and try to get one. Every year, there always seems to be a line outside the local Best Buys and AT&T stores. I make it easy on myself and place the order the hour the pre-ordering goes live.
    Just heard that they sold out of their pre-order batch of 2mil units in one hour. I was gonna preorder one but Im gonna be out of town this week and no one to sign for delivery. Just gonna get one next week.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Im not one to knock the iphone, it works well as phone and is very appealing to simple consumers. But thats the problem, its the most boring phone i have ever seen. Apple keeps u prisoner basically. There is nothing impressive about the new iphone. Adding .5inch of screen and lte isnt groundbreaking at all. Get the S3 and i bet u wont have a single regret.

1993 Honda Civic - stolen
    2001 Honda Accord - sold
    1995 Acura Integra - sold
    2003 Audi A4 - current

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.
    Bitches love bacon.

How do you like it Bacon?

I always had an interest in the Android OS so I tried it out on an Infuse. My biggest gripe about it was the lack of available apps that I used; ex: Delta credit union, etc.

I like it so far. Haven't really gotten much into it yet but will do that when I get home. There is an app for that.

Bitches love bacon.

Once you go 4.8" you don't want to ever go smaller. The surfing, video watching, and email writing is so much smoother on a bigger screen. I'm gonna bet you won't want to downsize to a 4" iphone 5.

Honda - supplying products of the highest quality at a reasonable cost. Member of the high mileage club.

BODHI - "whats the lowest you will take" then dont even bother posting in this thread! i dont have the time wasting on fuckin dumbfucks who dont know how shit works -- which is me, selling a phone and expecting someone to buy it. At least have some balls to tell me that youre too cheap to buy or say - fuck shoot me a pm if youre too embarrassed

The screen is nice and the colors are vibrant. I have found a couple of things that could use an upgrade but nothing drastic. The predict text is a lot faster to input the approximate word you are going to use. The swipe method is interesting. So far so good though.

Bitches love bacon.

Ive had the galaxy nexus since last dec, honestly idk if i'll ever have another samsung. coming from 2 HTC phones prior, the reception isn't as good on the gnex and its buggy. I wouldn't get in a big hurry to pick one up until a lot of user reviews come in. Also, check xda-developers.com as most of the members there are fairly well informed.

edit: reading > me. I should have read the whole thread before i posted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast