Thread: Sony KDS-50A2000 information...

Default Sony KDS-50A2000 information...

~There is no electronics section anymore so only place I can find where this fits~

I am looking to purchase a 50" Sony LCD tv but the person selling it says it developed a yellow tint when they moved to their new house. It still works fine, but has a yellow tint.

Does anyone have any knowledge of LCD tv's? I found a place that selling the bulbs for the tv for 163 bucks and if it is just the bulb then i'd still purchase this tv. Or do you think there is something really wrong with it? I want to take a look at it but he's very far from me so before I make the long haul for a TV i can't repair or will cost an ass load to fix.

-Ant.
    The Carbon Fibered R6

i would just save myself a headache and find one that has no issues, unless this is a STEAL.
    Who knows?

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyF
    ~There is no electronics section anymore so only place I can find where this fits~

I am looking to purchase a 50" Sony LCD tv but the person selling it says it developed a yellow tint when they moved to their new house. It still works fine, but has a yellow tint.

Does anyone have any knowledge of LCD tv's? I found a place that selling the bulbs for the tv for 163 bucks and if it is just the bulb then i'd still purchase this tv. Or do you think there is something really wrong with it? I want to take a look at it but he's very far from me so before I make the long haul for a TV i can't repair or will cost an ass load to fix.

-Ant.
    i have the 42a2000 and mines still running perfect.

Its a good tv with really good PQ. As for the yellow tint, it could be the bulb, but no real way to make sure. Projection tv's whose's bulbs are getting old tend to turn yellowish and dull. but again could be other things as well. I havnt run into any issues with mine though just yet though

dude i would just stay away from it - save up some more $ and guy something new with warranty
    Paul "your bullshit makes the flowers grow"