Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my last stop..... turbo dave/mainstream

-zen motors-

Default my last stop..... turbo dave/mainstream

just to give yall a quick update...

dont want to go into all the details.. but im sure alot of you know the bullshit i've gone through with my car.... been in and out of 2 shops in the atlanta area... had some good things happen and some bad things... and then i was referred to Turbo Dave Fabrications and Mainstream Performance.

i wanna thank kevin for insisting i call them to get a quote... so mike...dave... remember that... kevin was the main guy. hook him up!!!! lol

well the car isn't anywhere near complete in terms of my power goals.. but that isn't the fault of turbo dave or mainstream, but due to conflicting software versions of emanage updates... w/o really being able to tune, but making small adjustments with various tools... i hit over 400 rwhp... i dont want to release the minor details until its tuned and not running just off the wastegate with rediculous amounts of timing being pulled.

with that being said.... i couldn't be happier at this point. the turbo set up is doing its job and im not losing boost. Turbo dave went ABOVE and BEYOND my expectations and has far surpassed any shop i have ever been to in terms of customer service and integrity. They quoted me a price and STUCK TO IT! Mainstream/Mike has been great through the whole process too... it was like being at a importaltanta meet the whole time i was there.. hahahaha...

and yes.. i know i told everyone i was just getting an oil leak fixed... which is 100% true.. i just left out a few details....

anyways... to sum it up...

TURBO DAVE FABRICATIONS AND MAINSTREAM PERFORMANCE FUCKING ROCKS!!!!

so who wants to run??? hahah j/k i only race on closed circuit courses

Quote Originally Posted by GGPIS3
    just to give yall a quick update...

dont want to go into all the details.. but im sure alot of you know the bullshit i've gone through with my car.... been in and out of 2 shops in the atlanta area... had some good things happen and some bad things... and then i was referred to Turbo Dave Fabrications and Mainstream Performance.

i wanna thank kevin for insisting i call them to get a quote... so mike...dave... remember that... kevin was the main guy. hook him up!!!! lol

well the car isn't anywhere near complete in terms of my power goals.. but that isn't the fault of turbo dave or mainstream, but due to conflicting software versions of emanage updates... w/o really being able to tune, but making small adjustments with various tools... i hit over 400 rwhp... i dont want to release the minor details until its tuned and not running just off the wastegate with rediculous amounts of timing being pulled.

with that being said.... i couldn't be happier at this point. the turbo set up is doing its job and im not losing boost. Turbo dave went ABOVE and BEYOND my expectations and has far surpassed any shop i have ever been to in terms of customer service and integrity. They quoted me a price and STUCK TO IT! Mainstream/Mike has been great through the whole process too... it was like being at a importaltanta meet the whole time i was there.. hahahaha...

and yes.. i know i told everyone i was just getting an oil leak fixed... which is 100% true.. i just left out a few details....

anyways... to sum it up...

so who wants to run??? hahah j/k i only race on closed circuit courses
    And u damn right dave and mspi is the shit!! But dnt get too cocky, now, ur is dnt want none of my hatch muhfukuh! But u already know that.

-zen motors-

Quote Originally Posted by BTEC
    And u damn right dave and mspi is the shit!! But dnt get too cocky, now, ur is dnt want none of my hatch muhfukuh! But u already know that.

lol muhfukuh!! hahahaa. i aint cocky... im just happy to be able to break the tires loose in 3rd gear... i will be even more happy after we get it tuned and i can break the tires loose in 4th gear

This was a really bitter-sweet project for me. I was very excited about the car an getting an opportunity to see if we could make some power on it. I was upset because now i know ill never be able to beat him hehe.

Thanks for the kind words, we are almost there, at least its making way more power now that it ever has
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

-zen motors-

Quote Originally Posted by vteckidd
    This was a really bitter-sweet project for me. I was very excited about the car an getting an opportunity to see if we could make some power on it. I was upset because now i know ill never be able to beat him hehe.

Thanks for the kind words, we are almost there, at least its making way more power now that it ever has

yeah... like over 100 rwhp more... hahahahaa... but we're just getting started... the fun part has yet to begin.... 500.... 600... 700....

lol muhfukuh!! hahahaa. i aint cocky... im just happy to be able to break the tires loose in 3rd gear... i will be even more happy after we get it tuned and i can break the tires loose in 4th gear
    we arent u special. i still dnt have traction issues so im jealous. dnt mind me. id like to challange u to see how hard u pull on me though, if at all bc im the pimpest driver on the east coast. Let the world know bitchiz!!!

yeah... like over 100 rwhp more... hahahahaa... but we're just getting started... the fun part has yet to begin.... 500.... 600... 700....

Good luck.

-zen motors-

Quote Originally Posted by BTEC
    we arent u special. i still dnt have traction issues so im jealous. dnt mind me. id like to challange u to see how hard u pull on me though, if at all bc im the pimpest driver on the east coast. Let the world know bitchiz!!!

LOL... im down for a friendly run.. full interior, spare tire in , full tank of gas and i'll carry the camera man... ok that was cocky.. hahaha

LOL... im down for a friendly run.. full interior, spare tire in , full tank of gas and i'll carry the camera man... ok that was cocky.. hahaha
    ok, im going back to full race interior since u make like 200+ more hp than i do and prolly like 400+ more ft lb or torque. LOL!!! Ill let you know when i can meet up with u. Prolly next week sometime.

roflcopter V-Spec II

Dan were you near gwinnett place last night? Thought I saw your car make a right off North Berekley onto pleasant hill.

Want to play rough? OK!! Da Green Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MongolPup
    Dan were you near gwinnett place last night? Thought I saw your car make a right off North Berekley onto pleasant hill.
    quit asking questions and run yo shit bitch!!!

for this very reason since the first time i met mike and how he dealt with my friend,i knew this would be the only shop i would let do anything with my car.

Hey Dan, who fixed your e-manage problem so you can get it tuned later?

Just curious... ^.^

btw, just by pacing Dan's car on the streets, I can tell its a shit-ton faster than it was on the bottle previously...
    www.toyotaofroswell.com
    Current: '04 S2000
    Past 700whp+ Cars: '03 Z06 | '94 Supra | '03 Evo VIII | Too Many...

Want to play rough? OK!! Da Green Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ct9a gsr

Just curious... ^.^

btw, just by pacing Dan's car on the streets, I can tell its a shit-ton faster than it was on the bottle previously...
    i fixed that shit, thatnks for asking.
    His car only feels faster bc ur shit is slow.
    Run yo shit too bitch!!

-zen motors-

Quote Originally Posted by ct9a gsr

Just curious... ^.^

thank you for helping out. even though u know u didnt do shit...

lol
    -www.usedbarcode.net

oh shit look out....

fuck Dan i was hoping to surprise you w/ my new turbo set up guess that just went down the drain.. must be a night and day diff now!

New

Thumbs up Great work, business & attitude.

...Turbo dave went ABOVE and BEYOND my expectations and has far surpassed any shop i have ever been to in terms of customer service and integrity. They quoted me a price and STUCK TO IT! Mainstream/Mike has been great through the whole process too...
    Just want to co-sign on the comments made.

Fortunately MSPi/TD was my first stop and I dont regret it. Dave, Mike, Charles are all easy to talk. Dave and Charles also do great work (Mike does too, but he didnt work on my car for what I was having done. So don't feel left out Mike ). On top of that the cars that I was having the work done for aren't even 'mainstream' and they didn't turn away the work just because of that.

In my case they charged EXACTLY what they quoted, even if it had been slightly off it would have been ok, but the fact that is was dead on made it impressive.

Props where props are due...

All bark, no bite.

I don't want to thread jack, but I've been to a few shops myself and I, too, can tell you I'll never take my car anywhere but Main Stream. Charles, Dave, Mike and all the techs have always been nice, treated customers with respect, and always (let me reiterate) always stick to their VERY reasonably priced quotes. I could go on and on about my wonderful experiences with Main Stream, but I think threads like this, along with their strong customer base, and willingness to help a customer over making a few extra bucks speaks volumes upon itself.

Hats off to Main Stream and crew.

yea i went there once, and they helped me out A LOT, im sure they don't remember me but i remember how helpful they were to me....

-twan

Certified Gearhead

Default co-sign

my car (4dr integra gsr, soon to be boosted) is one of their current projects...

just off the vibes i got from mike when i first met hima few months back, i made the decision that they'd be the shop getting my business. when i dropped off my motor last week, i got a chance to meet charles and he's just as genuine as mike. and the prices they charge are VERY FAIR...

i actually saw ggpis3's car there too, talk about a NICE car . and a few others...i won't talk out ppl's business, but my little project is pretty modest compared to some of the setups i saw in the garage. these guys definitely know what they are doing...

so hats off to mainstream, i'd send anybody there just offa customer service alone. and we'll see what kinda power yall can squeeze out of my car in the weeks to come

hey dan this is chris.. where ya workin now? i dont guess ive seen you since you left AT.. i quit there in december myself. good to see the car moving along again

-zen motors-

yo chris.. how u been? hows the hatch?? yeah.. my car is running alot better... im glad i finally found a shop that knows how to take care of their customers... thanks again to turbo dave and mainstream... but fuck that mike guy.. he's a pussy! oh and i hear his FWD honda is slow just like his mental process....

haha i hit a deer and got rid of it, im workin on a sr20 240 now. glad to see your car with wheels on it now and running again. take care

IA KING

glad to hear something good got posted about a shop!!! MS/TD are awesome peeps to work with

-zen motors-

Quote Originally Posted by green91
    haha i hit a deer and got rid of it, im workin on a sr20 240 now. glad to see your car with wheels on it now and running again. take care

damn son.. that sux... ur ok though right?? what year 240? i have a few friends with 240's now with that swap so if you need any help or extra parts.. hit me up...

btw.. no rims on the IS.. sold the last set to get more power... hahaha

Mainstream and Turbo Dave rock.

So you ready to run me now.

Remember its just a 240.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowwrx
    I fucked İhris's mom

-zen motors-

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baller

Remember its just a 240.

look man.. i dont know you.. nor do i care to know you. and there would be no point in running you... either way, if i win im sure i'll lose in one way or another... could be something broken in your car flying backwards at my car, could be something missing off my car at the end of the race or shortly afterwards... could be somehow you managed to raise the stakes during the actual race and me having to fork up more money w/o knowing it until the end... i dont like having to think about all these consequences for one little race...

so no... im not ready to run u... guess i wont ever be... good luck finding someone else...

Remember its just a 240.
    why would he waste gas on a 240 anyways

Thats what I thought you would say.
    I fucked İhris's mom

-zen motors-

since u can read minds.. why ask?? :jerkit:

Senior Member | IA Veteran Speedm0(\)key's Avatar

your tuning is done by bg.....

thanks.. but the answer is.. NO THANKS!!
    2004 Nissan 350z Trng
    2004 Subaru WRX STi

solamente los putos te llegan en numeros

Quote Originally Posted by Speedm0(\)key
    your tuning is done by bg.....

thanks.. but the answer is.. NO THANKS!!
    lol

[QUOTE=Speedm0(\)key]your tuning is done by bg.....QUOTE]

Normally Yes, but in this case I tuned the 240 by myself.

Matt
    I fucked İhris's mom

-zen motors-

bump for a bad ass group of guys... mainstream/turbo dave/mike/charles/and the rest of the pom pom squad!!

pom pom haha
    -www.usedbarcode.net

hmmm, can i have a pom pom?
    When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.

-zen motors-

Quote Originally Posted by vteckidd
    pom pom haha

lol.. yeah u fuckin gay ass cheerleader! givin ur customers the run around... ur a bad bad man... !! lol why not just tell giovanni you dont want his business.. why you gotta put him on some wild goose chase and make him late for work?? shame on you..... pwn3d!1

btw.. guys.. im just kidding.. kinda. haha no but really, you guys should invest in some billboards or something.... hahahahaha

did you talk to him? i told him where we were
    -www.usedbarcode.net

-zen motors-

yeah.. they had to get to work so they took his car back home... lol poor guys..

anyways.. he said they are DEFINITELY bringing it to your shop.... they will try to get it there within the week since you can't work on it for a week anyways.....

so thats 2 people i've referred to you.. big jobs too...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast