Thread: world of wheels show

Default world of wheels show

anybody going to this?

if your talking about the ajc auto show then this will be my 5th year in a row.

good show overall. i alsways like to see whats new from everyone.

yeah good show

Nobody's heard of the world of wheels show this weekend? It's not the ajc. It's a hot rod show.

http://www.autorama.com/casi/atlanta.htm

Looks like it should be a good show.

A.K.A. GA Teg

I have not been to a W.O.W show in years. Looks like they are going to have a lot of the older tv show cars there this year. Should be good.
    "A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
    www.ATLphoto.net Myspace

At the tail end of last year we did a show with the new promoter of world of wheels and the moonshine festival, it was called horsepower haven. I was going to do the show this weekend but rerouted to start interior modifications for Daytona, along with adding a go-fast goodie or two

Patrycja its going to be a good show with a little of everything not just rods, well worth the visit or participation…

T

Horsepower Haven was worth going to check out and it looks to be only half as good as this show.

I planned on going but my shop backed out today so if I go I will just be visiting.
    Elitedriven.com
    Lexus RX330
    Lexus LS400
    Widebody 350z

Okay well, I ended up dropping the ride off at the show. It has an import category. And I must say, I'm pretty pissed off needless to say. Okay, so I'm in a venders booth and I go up the this lady and asked her if I could register my car. She says no b/c it's too late. So I tell her, well my car is already in here in a booth, I would like to be able to compete. She says, okay it's a 100 bucks. I go back and talk to some people, and they tell me no it's only 50 bucks. The 100 bucks is if you want to compete for some national points or something. I go back to her and tell her what I've been told. She tells me, oh okay well then it's 50 dollars. I'm like okay so can I register. Her: Well no b/c you're in a vendor spot and they won't judge your car. I'm like WTF!!?? So let me get this straight. In order for me to compete. I have to pay 50 bucks, and move my car 5 feet out of the vendor spot so I can enter my car in the show????

And you know, I really don't get mad that much. But damn, this lady made me bite my tongue so hard it I could taste blood. How do they put stupid people in charge.

I going to try and make it out on Sunday afternoon.. I will try and find ya.
    Pete L.

Patrycja, the vender paid big money to be at that show (I know what the cost for a 10 x 10 booth is), let him go to bat for you with the promoter, if the promoter wants the vender to support other shows he’ll fix it. You should be judged in or out of a booth, that’s stupid…

Was the girl tall, thin and have blonde hair?

no, it was an older lady with dark hair and she was about 5'6-5'7. I'm over it, but thanks. I just wanted to bitch about it. When I go pick up my car I will find out who's above her and have a word with them about it b/c it the whole thing is bullshit.

This may be why they havent been in Atl for a while, organizer induced drama is generally not a welcome addition at shows. Sorry for your frustration, thx for reppin!
    GC
    Greg
    86 Buick GN
    07 Passat Wagon
    01 Frontier

was geise's car there?

Quote Originally Posted by Red
    no, it was an older lady with dark hair and she was about 5'6-5'7. I'm over it, but thanks. I just wanted to bitch about it. When I go pick up my car I will find out who's above her and have a word with them about it b/c it the whole thing is bullshit.
    Cool - cool, I understand the vent girl. Ask for David Ford, I’d love to be there to here this one…

Quote Originally Posted by Twinnos
    was geise's car there?
    Negative…