Thread: D15B7

Default D15B7

havin a few issues with my stock d15 as well as my transmission; there are two bolts on my exhaust manifold that were broken off inside by the previous owner, and i need to know the length of the bolts so as not to damage the internals with the ease-out when i take the bolts out, also, my clutch is beginning to feel stiff and i also need to replace the rear wheel cylinders. any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. tks IA!

the studs, if theyre in all way should be about 3/4 in into head, just drill 1/4in and put easy out in there. As far as clutch what are you asking. and for cylinders just pick up haynes, will be a lot quicker than me typing and youll have it next to you

well i know there isn't a dip stick for the tranny on this model, or so i've been able to gather from other sources, but i was wondering if/ when you should change the tranny fluid and how? also, i haven't been able to find out if this model came with a double-mass fly wheel or not. just tryin to find some knowledge from beyond my experience lol

these are far from a double mass flywheel. if its feeling stiff, you are more than likely having hydraulic issues. when it slips, thats when its a clutch issue.

rear cylinders are as easy as replacin the rear brakes. just be sure to purchase newdrums and shoes. its always helpful to have all new acessories, and both sides can be done total for under 100.

im down in griffin, and have an abundance of manuals, feel free to hit me up 6785683113

sweet tks man, and i'm in griffin too so i'll def hit you up soon man

btw if you still want to check your tranny fluid, there are 2 3/8 bolts on the tranny, kind of like in a rear diff., take the top one out and put your pinky in there, if you cant feel any fluid its low, if you decide to drain it, youll know when its full when it starts coming out the top hole.

preciate it bro

ok, so i really need to do somethin with the eg; pulled my first two plugs yesterday and found that they were DRENCHED in effin oil. startin to think its my valve gasket or my valves. any ideas?
    laced up

oil come from top end or bottom end, either way oil come. leakdown test and compression test should be on the way.

another thing to consider is whether the oil cam from the inside or outside, it will drip down the sparkplug tube and onto the plug, check your VC seals first.

yea, i'm pullin the vc off and checkin all the gaskets. and i think the oil is leaking internally and making its way externally by way of two broken exhaust mani studs. i do need to do a compression and leakdown tho, where or how?
    laced up