Thread: Good webiste/forum to find a bike?

Default Good webiste/forum to find a bike?

I might be interested in buying a bike soon if I can't sell/trade my car for something else. I can't justify putting $$$ into the maxima to make it faster as it would take WAY too much money.

1) Anyway, does anyone know of any good websites/forums/online classifieds to find a decent bike?

2) What is considered high mileage for a bike?

3) What are good brands, suzuki, honda, etc..

4) I'm 6'2 and 220lbs, do I need a 600 or 1000 to start with?

www.wowmotorcycles.com

You can start on whatever size you want. I liked my CBR600RR. Plenty fast enough. Couple of key pointers: Inspect the bike for mods and maintenance records. My CBR had 21k miles on it and it was an '03 which isn't that bad. If it's taken care of, mileage isn't much to worry about. If you found an 05 GSXR with 21k miles, you can tell that it was rode all the time which may not be bad nor good. Go see the guys at Wow Motorcycles and sit on a few to see what suits you better. I found the Yahama to be very uncomfortable and would slide into the gas tank. The GSXR's seat was too wide for me. Never got to try out a Kawi before I got my Honda. The Honda was excellent to ride on. I could move forward and backward when I was riding and had plenty of options for comfort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

A 600 is plenty of bike especially if it is your first one.
    UGA: Everybody is laughing at us this year.

WOW is way too expensive. Buy from a private seller.

Check georgiasportbikes.com - local forum.

A 600 would be enough for you.

I know of several sportbikes for sale right now, if you are interested in knowing about them.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    WOW is way too expensive. Buy from a private seller.

Check georgiasportbikes.com - local forum.

A 600 would be enough for you.

I know of several sportbikes for sale right now, if you are interested in knowing about them.
    I am interested in knowing about them, because honestly I don't know anything about bikes lol. Chances are I won't find a buyer or find someone I can trade my car with so I'll end up keeping it and getting a bike as my "toy". Unfortunately, I'll only have about 4k to spend on one. What models should I look at considering reliability, performance, etc..

You can get an '03-'04 model CBR600RR for that price or less and they are great bikes. There is actually one for sale on here that you can look at as a reference.

Click here

This is what I had and highly recommend it to anyone. Start your search simple. Sit on a few to see how you "fit" on it as far as ease of mounting and dismounting, posture, etc. Wow is a good place for this widely due to the selection they have. I do agree that they are pricey so yes a private seller would be best but for reference reasons swing by there and test fit a few.
    Bitches love bacon.

holy shit i would buy that in a heart beat! I love the way that looks man. I would have to get it repainted black though as my vehicles have to be black... =D

Variety, man......variety. lol

I loved mine. Rode it throughout last winter. Handled great. Look great. I could scoot back and forth on it while riding and not wear my back out.
    Bitches love bacon.

Hmmm....Or I might get the bike painted midnight blue with black wheels...the more I think about this the more I want one damnit. Is february here yet?

Patience man. Start from the bottom and work your way up until you find the right one for you. My small 6 foot 150lb frame fit perfect on my CBR but you may not. You may fit better on a GSXR and I don't.
    Bitches love bacon.

I can tell you where NOT to go...

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/

hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by iamdallas View Post
    I can tell you where NOT to go...

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/

hehehehe
    I don't agree. You just have to know what to look for. Best bet is take someone with you to look at the bikes and point some things out for you.
    Bitches love bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    I don't agree. You just have to know what to look for. Best bet is take someone with you to look at the bikes and point some things out for you.
    For me, it's just an overload of information, you know. But so much can be a good thing when it comes to the $$.

Good luck.

You should be fine on a 600, the best thing to do is sit on a couple and see which one feels better. I had an 07 zx6r and it was ample. Best place to look like David88vert said georgiasportbike.com and craigslist. I made the mistake of getting mine at wow............save yourself the trouble

buy my bike http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...rr.-TW-f-s-f-t 07 cbr 1000rr 8k miles 6500

ATL DAsquad Member #9

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    x2
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Well... First off. I have bought every bike Ive'd owned on CL. Never had an issue. Never had a regret. Just gotta know what your looking at.

Second... a 600 is plenty plenty fast. If its not, ad a power commander. And 520 it.

I reccomend a Honda. I love Hondas. Had the suzuki, the kawi and the Honda. Never owned a Yamaha bike, but rode plenty. They sit kinda high. I like them, but just Choose honda. Honda rides very smooth.

My 04 CBR 600RR is up on CL, I haven't posted it on IA just yet. Its black with red ghost flames. Looks fucking mean.
    Honda RC51 SP1
    Yoshi RS-3 Cans
    520 Conversion
    Clip Ons
    Race Tech Fork Kit

EastTnRiders.com is also a good site to check out for some local deals that are only a couple hours away. You couldnt pay me to buy a bike from WOW, prices are unreal majority of the time but some people like the thought of purchasing from a dealer and will pay a lot more $$ for that very reason but not me. But i'd have to say CL is your best bet on finding a steal.

I agree with everyone above on the 600 being more then enough bike for you, I'm the exact same height and love my 600. I'd recommend Honda, on my 3rd CBR600 and one had 40k,35k and now my latest i'm up to 16k and never had the slightest issue. And to me they just feel better then any other 600 SS bike i've ever rode. If you lean towards the Honda you should check out 600rr.net you can read for days and also a nice classifieds section.

You can come across some deals on the CBR600RR's right now too with the way the economy is. Keep in mind 03/04 same, 05/06 slight tweaks visually with wee bit more power (barely tell) and inverted forks etc. But if you can find an 07+ they're the ones to snatch up, all new from the ground up and 1,000 times better of a bike in my opinion as i've owned all generations (and I work for a Honda dealer so i'm around them all day). Just saw 2 07's both under 10k in very very good shape go for $3,800 so the deals are out there right now. Sorry for rambling on haha.
    08 Si
    07 CBR600RR - Full time track slut
    05 GSXR1000 - Street ho

Quote Originally Posted by Blitanicle99 View Post
    Second... a 600 is plenty plenty fast. If its not, ad a power commander. And 520 it.
    520 Chain isnt going to make it any "faster" though, you'll have to re-gear it with the 520 to technically make it "faster" but i'm sure you knew that just didnt want a noobie to read that and think just slapping a 520 chain with stock teeth sprockets is going to make it any peppier.
    08 Si
    07 CBR600RR - Full time track slut
    05 GSXR1000 - Street ho

Quote Originally Posted by froggie3kb View Post
    520 Chain isnt going to make it any "faster" though, you'll have to re-gear it with the 520 to technically make it "faster" but i'm sure you knew that just didnt want a noobie to read that and think just slapping a 520 chain with stock teeth sprockets is going to make it any peppier.
    LOL yeah. Gears=Awesome. I'm about to order a 520 chain... +1 -1... And speedo healer. Hawwwt.
    Honda RC51 SP1
    Yoshi RS-3 Cans
    520 Conversion
    Clip Ons
    Race Tech Fork Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Blitanicle99 View Post
    LOL yeah. Gears=Awesome. I'm about to order a 520 chain... +1 -1... And speedo healer. Hawwwt.
    Yup yup, best $$ you can spend is on the gearing. I've always loved to have -1/+2 on my 600's, makes them a whole nother animal compared to stock and definitely best bang for the buck when it comes to the $$.

lost 3'' in 3 hrs!!! 1moreaccord's Avatar

Have you owned or ridden a motorcycle b4 or would this be your first time?

banned mother fucker

heres one sick bike you should buy.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...r-ex-graffitti

lost 3'' in 3 hrs!!! 1moreaccord's Avatar

Oh my, I believe I have just found what you want: (thank me later)

cycletrader.com